Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

marktheando posted:

My hot take is that Labour should take them up on this unity government thing so someone other than Corbyn can take the blame for stopping Brexit.

Basta!ni did a video on this, here's a relevant bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKkzGVtxitg&t=512s

he's basically arguing that Labour forming a government headed by someone the average person isn't gonna recognise, solely to take power and subvert The Will Of The People is only gonna help one party, the Tories. Labour will be out of power forever, and the Lib Dems can maybe gain enough seats that they get to form another coalition with the tories

he's pointing out that the libs don't actually seem to want to stop brexit - aside from refusing to work with Corbyn they didn't even mention brexit during that byelection campaign, because it's soft tories they wanted and succeeded in winning over. And a no-contest pact with the greens means they can put all their resources into fighting for new seats instead of defending their current ones as hard, which benefits the greens... in Brighton. It's a pure power play and Labour getting annhiliated Is Good For Jo Swinson

Saith posted:

Woke up with a swolen cheek, went to the emergency dentist... And had 4 teeth removed.

Worst part is i can't smoke or drink for the rest of the day.

sorry bud :/ hope they can give you some powerful replacements at least

https://twitter.com/BruhMomentsII/status/1131096439025786880

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

That really does annoy me actually. Diane Abbot is about the only person I think I actually would want anywhere near the home sec's office because she actually does have pretty good politics in that department and the woke libs can't do anything other than lie about telling her to gently caress off.
They all transparently wish that Cooper won the leadership election so that Abbott would be a shouty voice in the background and Remain would have won by 60% when Cooper shared a stage with Cameron and lambasted half the country for being thick racists who don't know economics instead of saying "I share your concerns about the EU but don't think a Tory brexit is the solution" like Nandos leaver Jeremy and then we could go back to the 2012 Olympics and banning werewolf spoons or whatever radical centrists do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Failed Imagineer posted:

Your legs will feel way better if you do a little light leg stuff and then gently caress around with some upper body.

Maybe do like 20mins easy on the rowing machine, and a bit of bench, nothing too crazy

i did bench press/barbell rows yesterday as well lol so thats all out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

i did bench press/barbell rows yesterday as well lol so thats all out

Then definitely do some rowing machine, some rack pulls, rows, lat machine or chin ups, just gently caress around with some poo poo to work your back without hitting your legs and butt too hard. Plus BB curls errryday

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Regarde Aduck posted:

I'd take this as a sign to quit the smoking at least.

Actually, it's clearly an omen from Heaven, telling us that with Epstein's 'suicide', the traitors have sealed their own doom.

Just as I, thinking I would simply receive antibiotics, instead lost much of myself to an agent of Man, so too shall the rich and powerful, having sought to stem the infection, be ripped from this Earth by their own actions.

I hope.

I'm delirious from pain and also binging the 3kingdoms podcast.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/EleanorRylance/status/1160461165044150272?s=20

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

lib dems deserve the hardest brexit imaginable.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

This is just going to lead to Labour actually splitting like under Ramsay MacDonald. The first step for the scabs will be hardest but once that's down we'd be hosed

The scabs were the ones with the support of the wider Party that time though, and look what happened to National Labour.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

wow looks like someone hates friendship with all nations

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Is that yet another account parodying incredibly brokebrained centrists? It's getting much too hard to tell.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'm going to really show Boris Johnson by making life more difficult for retail workers.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The 80s throwing star panic, only with brexit 50ps

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
That is some magnificently brokebrained lack of logic. I'm going to... make... some low paid retail workers' lives marginally harder... or myself marginally poorer... to... own... the brexiteers?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Guavanaut posted:

Home Secretary - Yvette Cooper is the worst one.

Not only because she'd be a bad home secretary, but because they're overlooking the already female shadow Home Secretary who won an award for speaking out against detention without charge and would be better.

"Yes but remember that time she muddled a couple numbers up? She's useless!

Yes, I know other politicians do it far more often and dangerously but I still like them more than Abbott for some reason ,🤔"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It would make more sense to scratch 'Brexit is a con' on the queens face.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't think her guards will let you do that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

baka kaba posted:

wow looks like someone hates friendship with all nations

Friendship ended with all nations, racism is my best friend now.

Also, I like the idea that Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament weren't big and intimidating enough, so they're gonna build larger buildings to cause Brexit somehow

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Your legs will feel way better if you do a little light leg stuff and then gently caress around with some upper body.

Maybe do like 20mins easy on the rowing machine, and a bit of bench, nothing too crazy

Is there any exercise routine that is like the equivalent of what you would give to a person recovering from a decades long coma?

Preferably bodyweight only so that person doesn't have to show up to a gym and have everyone laugh at them, especially since most of his coworkers are attempting to convert the entire workplace into the CrossFit cult?

Asking for a friend.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AceOfFlames posted:

Is there any exercise routine that is like the equivalent of what you would give to a person recovering from a decades long coma?

Preferably bodyweight only so that person doesn't have to show up to a gym and have everyone laugh at them, especially since most of his coworkers are attempting to convert the entire workplace into the CrossFit cult?

Asking for a friend.

Starting Strength.

I imagine there's still an extensive thread with detailed OP in YLLS to help you get started. It's a bit ridiculous with how much it emphasises squats but it's good for the beginner 3-6 months of Lifting A Weight.

There's also a bodyweight thread in there as well if that's really your thing or you really can't swing a gym membership, but tbh just lifting weights in a gym is way more straightforward. Whatever works for you is fine though.

It's important to be strong so that you can effectively bash a fash

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
No one in the gym is gonna laugh at you because you're not lifting heavy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aphex- posted:

No one in the gym is gonna laugh at you because you're not lifting heavy.

Yeah that too. Realistically 99% of gym users are just worried about their own poo poo and don't notice your existence. It's theoretically possible that some bro could laugh at your weak poo poo but I've never seen it IRL. I have however seen a bunch of helpful people offering guidance when asked.

And as the saying goes, laughing at someone in the gym for being weak is like laughing at someone in hospital for being sick

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah that too. Realistically 99% of gym users are just worried about their own poo poo and don't notice your existence. It's theoretically possible that some bro could laugh at your weak poo poo but I've never seen it IRL. I have however seen a bunch of helpful people offering guidance when asked.

And as the saying goes, laughing at someone in the gym for being weak is like laughing at someone in hospital for being sick

But would that happen in CrossFit?

I don't WANT to do CrossFit but it seems the entirety of the people I talk to IRL are on it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AceOfFlames posted:

Maybe? They're a whole different weird world I don't know much about (except that it sucks rear end)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

Is that yet another account parodying incredibly brokebrained centrists? It's getting much too hard to tell.

I checked her timeline, and nope. She's sincere. You can usually tell pretty easily when you see a bunch of someone's tweets next to each other.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Offa's Dyke trip report, day one:

Absolutely stunning walk along the Wye, up and down the river valley with a little side trip to Tintern abbey where I had small Wordsworth nerd-out.

Hike: 8/10 but it was a very long day
Weather: 4 out of 10, got caught in two absolute downpours and wrung out my pants upon arrival.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I swore at the Lib Dem Lady, I hope that helps :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1160580551709024256?s=19

Jesus Christ.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

From what I have read on the internet, Cross Fit is universally reviled and mocked by actual fitness people.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't WANT to do CrossFit but it seems the entirety of the people I talk to IRL are on it.

Worst that ever happened to me in a gym was a dude giving me tips on how to squat properly. Everyone's too busy checking themselves out to think about someone else.

If you can go to a gym that has all the equipment, but doesn't do crossfit, go there. If not, just avoid when crossfit's scheduled. Don't do crossfit. If you ever want to do HIIT, there are better ways.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just finished the second season of Mob Psycho 100, it was alright.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Stepford smile game strong jeez

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dead Goon posted:

From what I have read on the internet, Cross Fit is universally reviled and mocked by actual fitness people.

That's what I have seen as well but it looks like most of the criticisms are from five years ago and the fact that anybody can get a certificate. Apparently at least where I am at, they have real qualified trainers giving these courses.

The freaking attitude of the participants is still the worst though. Once you're in, it really does look like CrossFit becomes all you ever talk about.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Kippers are treating it like it's just the right wing version of a Che Guevara t-shirt.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It kinda is, but 1) has any left party leader done that as an adult, and 2) 'right wing version of' can just mean 'same style but much shitter person' anyway.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

If they really believed that they wouldn't be wearing the guy's face on a top, they'd be trying to ban wearing Che t-shirts (Which would be futile and dumb in its own way but at least consistent). If you think these assholes are glorifying a murderous rear end in a top hat the answer is not to go look for your own murderous rear end in a top hat to glorify.

e; What am I saying, it's the right, of course that's what their answer is.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 11, 2019

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

AceOfFlames posted:

Asking for a friend.

https://darebee.com/programs/foundation-program.html

There's a lighter version if you can't manage that one, but it should be fine unless your BMI is like 50.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's pretty obvious that they're doing it (style and all) precisely to get people to say "why on earth would you wear that?" and then they'll be like "I saw a teenager on the internet wearing one just like this but with a different murderer :smug:" and then they'll win at arguments forever rather than wondering why people are questioning a grown man wearing a fascist icon.

Its "it's okay to be white" the t-shirt.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the only thing i can think about when i see dick braine

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/351120640180355072?lang=en

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

my legs are pretty stiff from doing squats yesterday someone motivate me to go do some cardio at the gym instead of getting pissed

Sounds like a nice refreshing pint is just what you might be looking for though? Just one. Just to wet the whistle

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcky5mhZcYs&t=95s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm honestly surprised its taken this long for boris to have written a victim blaming article about the hillsborough disaster be found frankly

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 11, 2019