Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

trem_two posted:

They call it BeoutQ, lol

I thought being out, q was punishable by death there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

oliwan posted:

The world cup is not going to brexit-riddled UK btw, sorry ops

*England.

When people talk about 'The UK', they really just mean England. Just like with all of their politics.

And Scotland will be voting, or have voted already for IndyRef2 by then. Hopefully, I'll be among them if I'm still living here then. I can't wait.

Also, huge lol at people thinking Saudi Arabia and the UAE would ever, EVER host games, or even work with Qatar. Do y'all forget that the Saudis literally blockaded Qatar like last year? Add in all the US/Jared Kushner fuckery and it's a wonder shots haven't been fired.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 18, 2019

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

*England.

When people talk about 'The UK', they really just mean England. Just like with all of their politics.

And Scotland will be voting, or have voted already for IndyRef2 by then. Hopefully, I'll be among them if I'm still living here then. I can't wait.

Also, huge lol at people thinking Saudi Arabia and the UAE would ever, EVER host games, or even work with Qatar. Do y'all forget that the Saudis literally blockaded Qatar like last year? Add in all the US/Jared Kushner fuckery and it's a wonder shots haven't been fired.

Lmao what a post whoa

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Platini going to jail is just one step closer to an epic impeachment and soccer will finally be as cool as MLB :trumppop::bustem:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

advanced statsman posted:

Platini going to jail is just one step closer to an epic impeachment and soccer will finally be as cool as MLB :trumppop::bustem:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Seems like a safe bet against.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

All that was simply because MBS got jelly of Qatar. The whole idea would be to "work together with Qatar" to host "some" of the matches and then just write out Qatar altogether.

Btw, the blockade is still going on.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If, in the highly unlikely scenario that they do move the World Cup, (they won't), what happens to teh half built "air-conditioned" state of the art stadiums the Bangladeshi slaves are building?

Do they get finished? Do they get used to host the public executions of gay people/women?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

If, in the highly unlikely scenario that they do move the World Cup, (they won't), what happens to teh half built "air-conditioned" state of the art stadiums the Bangladeshi slaves are building?

Do they get finished? Do they get used to host the public executions of gay people/women?
2022 International Horse/Camel Dressage Extravaganza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFe-SoS-HOQ

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Crazy Ted posted:

2022 International Horse/Camel Dressage Extravaganza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFe-SoS-HOQ

Truly, the concept of eating the rich knows no borders.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BrigadierSensible posted:

the whole thing is a vanity project of some rich qatari people. it's not like they care about a traditional return on investment or anything like that

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Qatar itself is a vanity project.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i hope climate change turns it into an exclusion zone op

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
That sound you hear is coming all the way from the Caribbean.

It's Jack Warner screeching "MY MONEEEE! YOU CAN'T TAKE MY MONEEEEE! I STOLE IT FAIR AND SQUARE!"

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/ex-fifa-executive-jack-warner-ordered-to-pay-79-million/

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
loving CONCACAF was the plaintiff. As if they gave a poo poo before they got raided by the Feds.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

bribe money goes a lot further when you get to spend it twice lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Not sure if it belongs in this thread but CONCACAF now has the stupidest WC qualifying format ever and this would have never happened during Warner's reign because it fucks over T&T.

First 6 nations in the FIFA ranking go straight to the hexagonal, top 3 of the hexagonal go straight to the World Cup. All the other 29 nations play a tournament with group stages, then direct elimination with the champion earning the right to face the 4th place in the hex for the right to go to the playoff against another confederation.

Sucks for 7th placed Panama because it looks tough for them to catch up to 6th place El Salvador. and lmao at Canada's or Guatemala's chances now.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
And remember, the president of Concacaf is Canadian now

Like holy gently caress thank god for 2026 because we will never qualify for the hex anyways

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There’s a thread where it’s already being discussed.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
FIFA is looking to move, I wonder what authoritarian regime will offer them a new home USA USA

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/sports/soccer/fifa-headquarters-zurich.html

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Weaponized Cum posted:

FIFA is looking to move, I wonder what authoritarian regime will offer them a new home USA USA

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/sports/soccer/fifa-headquarters-zurich.html

Dubai

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

It's this, OP.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imagine FIFA moving to somewhere with extradition laws lmao

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Maybe they can get a deal like CONMEBOL has. When they moved to Paraguay they made a deal with the government saying that the police could not enter the headquarters building under any circumstances and local law doesn't apply there.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
They’re moving the hq to Epstein’s island’s sex temple

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

They’re moving the hq to Epstein’s island’s sex temple

the hq will be on a plane circling the earth 24/7 with inflight refueling so it never has to leave international airspace

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Can't wait for the World Cup draw, live from Seatopia

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Seppstein Island

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

brocked posted:

Can't wait for the World Cup draw, live from Seatopia

Hosted by Gianni Infant-ino

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/StuBrennanMEN/status/1161311948941725696

https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1161310218220900352

:toot:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm going to go with 'didn't provably break any rules while squirming through every possible loophole with a brown envelope of cash in each hand'

E: it's funnier than that. A 'fine' in punishment for accepting that rules were breached

The fine is not large

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 13, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tsaedje posted:

I'm going to go with 'didn't provably break any rules while squirming through every possible loophole with a brown envelope of cash in each hand'

E: it's funnier than that. A 'fine' in punishment for accepting that rules were breached

The fine is not large

Well the reported fine isn't large. I'm sure the bribes were very large.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

For those wondering the fine is £314k. Less money than Alexis Sanchez earns in a week.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
hahaha gently caress this gamge

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tsaedje posted:

That is indeed v funny.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

frankenfreak posted:

That is indeed v funny.

The unfunny aspect is that Chelsea will now almost certainly have their ban overturned

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Tsaedje posted:

The unfunny aspect is that Chelsea will now almost certainly have their ban overturned

Why? They were done for a lot more individual breaches than City.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Isn't the City punishment congruent with Chelsea's punishment for the intial offence? Chelsea had the ban because they continued to offend after the initial punishment did they not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
This is separate to the UEFA investigation into our finances fyi, for those still hoping for some comeuppance