Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

ive seen a buncha billboards around greater philly, begging folks to become cops

i think there might be recruitment issues for police in the mid atlantic region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the left is getting worried because the right is so good at comedy now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

meghan mccains identity revolving entirely around her dead plane crashing father would have a sad pathos if she werent so lovely about everything else

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

punchymcpunch posted:

remember that movie where kevin kostner built a baseball field so that the ghosts of eight dead baseball cheats could end their eternal torment in the haunted cornfields of iowa even tho they didnt play in iowa and i guess its possible that one or two of em were from iowa but id be very surprised if they were all from iowa and then kevin kostners daughter was choking to death on a hotdog and her uncle (the guy from thirtysomething) wanted to get an ambulance but kevin kostner said no, no, the baseball ghosts will help her. and youre like yeah obviouslt they will, gently caress YOU yuppie uncle. but when you think about it thats loving ludicrous

anyway my pitch is that, but the ghosts of lance armstrongs cycling team

now this is some loving poo poo right here

can we have an on-screen appearance of Lance's ghost nut

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

You'll always have grandma

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

MysteriousStranger posted:

no it was worse than that. it's hard to fire feds, but you can make them quit, so when they announced they were going to move them and a whole ton of them quit they got their wish of firing all the staff without having to do it.

you can fire feds, but its a pain in the rear end and takes forever.

making them miserable enough to leave on their own is the usual strategy, but when you take away the things that made them miserable via changes in personnel rules, you often can restaff fairly quickly. The brain drain is a big problem though, but having interacted with plenty of federal agencies the people who've been there for 20-30 years often aren't actually that great at their jobs and can be pretty serious impediments to regulatory progress.

see: the entire loving FDA

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Who's her dad?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

docbeard posted:

Yeah, they had some kind of "BY DECLINING THIS RELOCATION YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE QUITTING" form letter bullshit.

that's exactly what they had. they can't fire them, also the move was illegal, but before that could be resolved a ton of them quit rather than moving to a red state rural poo poo hole, and of course the move was never going to happen anyways

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ArmZ posted:

working on a big trump right now. hold on to your hats folks.

love getting paid 2 poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
if I ever run into Donald Trump Junior in public, I'd just heckle him by reminding him that he's a junior, just a kid until he goes beet red and jumps up and down in a stomping tantrum and shouts back "I am an adult, dammit! I am I am I am!"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

meghan mccains identity revolving entirely around her dead plane crashing father would have a sad pathos if she werent so lovely about everything else

i know literally nothing else about her and i think it is a mistake if you do

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

what software are they even running that can do this? i've seen those dog face filters and poo poo, but they're janky and sort of jump around. How do you replace your face in real time while live streaming? my real question is why would you trust this not to gently caress up but the story is about it loving up. And thirsty nerds just handwave away the face lagging behind the head, or angle being off every now and then?

is this just standard twitch streaming poo poo nowadays? jsut one of those cases where you're like 'OF COURSE it's happening, but also How is this the first fuckup that has occurred?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/fosterthepeople/status/1160718493248970752

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Who's her dad?

Tmrup

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

thanks to Meg for the friendly reminder that John McCain is indeed dead and in the ground. I needed a pick-me-up this morning :unsmith:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gutting regulatory agencies via this method is like.. GOP-101.

It's basically the most normal thing that they've done. Bush did it all the time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hatebag posted:

They already get paid like double the median salary and they can't get enough pieces of poo poo to hire.
Probably getting harder and harder for the pigs to not hire out nazis who spontaneously contort their bodies into swastikas.

I thought that cops were paid poo poo like teachers so you only get people who really want to do the job? Like teachers really want to teach and cops really want to shoot unarmed black people.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Schnorkles posted:

making them miserable enough to leave on their own is the usual strategy, but when you take away the things that made them miserable via changes in personnel rules, you often can restaff fairly quickly. The brain drain is a big problem though, but having interacted with plenty of federal agencies the people who've been there for 20-30 years often aren't actually that great at their jobs and can be pretty serious impediments to regulatory progress.

they aren't restaffing poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1160698533584003073

lmao trump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

the best bet would be to actually have people staffing police offices that believed in good things (lmao thats never gonna happen) but i am heartened that millennials really don't want to be cops

this is a strategy that liberals talk about a lot but it actually doesnt work because people are shaped by the material conditions they are placed in far more than they shape those conditions. what you need is to elect mayors and police commissioners and das who are actively hostile to the modern war on drugs/iraq war style of policing

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

MysteriousStranger posted:

they aren't restaffing poo poo

you seem to be missing the part where I said "after an administration change"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bearjew posted:

yeah like Cruz needed to be concerned about losing

he's got a long time to he's up for reelection

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Who's her dad?

Some dead man.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

no one is immune from boomer brain

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

this is a strategy that liberals talk about a lot but it actually doesnt work because people are shaped by the material conditions they are placed in far more than they shape those conditions. what you need is to elect mayors and police commissioners and das who are actively hostile to the modern war on drugs/iraq war style of policing

and also have enough people in state legislatures or governor's offices to give them the room to pursue these policies

krasner's big problem in philly right now is the fact that the state government is actively against him.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

you seem to be missing the part where I said "after an administration change"

trump ain't leaving the white house, he's going to win in 2020 and then we are going to remove the two term limit rule

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

Donnie Trump Jr. played with those sticky hand toy from the gumball machine with the plastic egg and it stuck to wall, then when he tried to peel it back with the string end, the sticky hand rubberbanded back into Trump Jr.'s face and knocked him the gently caress out for 3 hours.

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

that said, state governments can't really micro manage what a DA and mayor does as much as the crazies want them to, so you'll get some high profile revocations of authority but generally solid progress elsewhere

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/physorg_com/status/1160915986305953793?s=20
:parrot:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

the usda is already one of the more captured regulators so having a buncha empty seats waiting for the next admin not run by nazis, to fill w new people not wrapped up in the private industries theyre overseeïng, is........good-ish??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

what software are they even running that can do this? i've seen those dog face filters and poo poo, but they're janky and sort of jump around. How do you replace your face in real time while live streaming? my real question is why would you trust this not to gently caress up but the story is about it loving up. And thirsty nerds just handwave away the face lagging behind the head, or angle being off every now and then?

is this just standard twitch streaming poo poo nowadays? jsut one of those cases where you're like 'OF COURSE it's happening, but also How is this the first fuckup that has occurred?

pls answer my software questions so i can be a chaturbate waifu

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Addamere posted:

im sitting here staring at dark souls 3 and im like maybe i should play this game or maybe i should cook some eggs
[Omlette]

A simple dish made with eggs, usually from chickens, but sometimes from other sources. Undead, who hunger only for the warmth of fire, seldom engage in such mundane pleasures.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

My dude is high af on stimulents

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trump writing and signing poo poo with a sharpie is so loving hilarious and says so much about him

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

and also have enough people in state legislatures or governor's offices to give them the room to pursue these policies

krasner's big problem in philly right now is the fact that the state government is actively against him.

yeah, grinding bureaucracy is one of the most effective barriers to even incremental reforms, never even mind radical progressive reforms

centrists think this is "good" because it means that the "bad guys" can't do sweeping reforms for BAD things, but lmfao they don't care about bureaucracy, processes, laws, or norms. they just have a bunch of "acting" cabinet chiefs ramming their agenda through and an army of chudges to rubber stamp verdicts on any cases that challenge it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

the usda is already one of the more captured regulators so having a buncha empty seats waiting for the next admin not run by nazis, to fill w new people not wrapped up in the private industries theyre overseeïng, is........good-ish??

all of the major regulatory agencies in the us are pretty captured right now (Obama-era technocracy was real fuckin bad for this) and allowing a warren or a sanders to staff them with real regulators would change a lot.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SardonicTyrant posted:

[Omlette]

A simple dish made with eggs, usually from chickens, but sometimes from other sources. Undead, who hunger only for the warmth of fire, seldom engage in such mundane pleasures.

i like this post

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

Gutting regulatory agencies via this method is like.. GOP-101.

It's basically the most normal thing that they've done. Bush did it all the time.

Trump makes it super petty by not allowing thinks like a cancer warning label on roundup in California though. If you stay at his hotel he'll let you drill in national parks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bert Roberge posted:

Trump makes it super petty by not allowing thinks like a cancer warning label on roundup in California though. If you stay at his hotel he'll let you drill in national parks too.

just got all the mineral rights to yosemite for a song because i caught POTUS at the urinal and told him his hog was incredible