Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
a moron i think maybe.

e. nice snipe (lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know that you really need an elaborate conspiracy to suggest that the US might murder someone threatening the people running it while he's in their custody, especially when it's very good at doing that to basically everyone else it gets its hands on, the only real question is whether they could do that faster than he'd kill himself.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Or hes just in on it too.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Sleve McDichael posted:

A word of warning - I have seen trainers at my gym teaching some insanely bad form on both squat and deadlift, and would recommend the YLLS form check thread if you're comfortable with recording yourself and constructive criticism.

Also, Alan Thrall's form videos on youtube are great for learning squat/deadlift/OHP, and vicsnatural is a good bodybuilding-centric resource if you want to get curls etc correct.

I'm vegetarian though :ohdear:

Alan Thrall is with Barbell Medicine now as it happens, he’s kind of their friendly face.

Don’t worry too much about injury. Powerlifting is one of the safest sports there is and the way to avoid injury (which is not the same as soreness or even pain) is to keep training and get stronger.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know that you really need an elaborate conspiracy to suggest that the US might murder someone threatening the people running it while he's in their custody, especially when it's very good at doing that to basically everyone else it gets its hands on, the only real question is whether they could do that faster than he'd kill himself.
Or faster than a bunch of bored malicious prison guards might tell him to kill himself and that Prince Salman's assassins were on their way with hacksaws in hand before switching the cameras off.

Like I'm not even close to the mindset necessary to be a US prison guard, but I could see the appeal in loving with rich nonces psychologically.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm inclined to suggest that the idea that he was bumped off by the rich nonce cabal is probably the most politically useful one.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I guess the conspiracy theory thing is a bit like that joke that ricky gervais thinks he made up, about an atheist just not believing in one more god than any given religious person. If you believe epstein was murdered by time travelling ninjas sent from bill clinton's biff tannen reality then you're not too much different to the nutters thinking that jetfuel can't melt steel girders and buzz aldrin is a big fat liar.

Personally I consider myself conspiratorially spiritual.
cranks and other extreme and often evidently untrue narratives are useful to the ruling classes for this reason exactly. it makes it very - deliberately - difficult to talk about any of this stuff.

toxifying discourse this way has harm - for example when we should be talking about the colossal and embarrassing failures of the intelligence services and the state generally that allowed 9/11 to happen, instead our conversation is about the melting point of steel. by design, no one is given the opportunity to ask the meaningful question, specifically: "if you're adequately incompetent to allow this to happen maybe you shouldn't be in authority?"

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CoolCab posted:

cranks and other extreme and often evidently untrue narratives are useful to the ruling classes for this reason exactly. it makes it very - deliberately - difficult to talk about any of this stuff.

toxifying discourse this way has harm - for example when we should be talking about the colossal and embarrassing failures of the intelligence services and the state generally that allowed 9/11 to happen, instead our conversation is about the melting point of steel. by design, no one is given the opportunity to ask the meaningful question, specifically: "if you're adequately incompetent to allow this to happen maybe you shouldn't be in authority?"

gh0stpinballa posted:

effort posting cos my gf is sick of hearing me now lol. anyway I've been reading the news coverage and the way the libs have latched onto trump going after the clinton connection, and held it up as some kind of example of why questioning the official narrative is Very Bad, is, i feel, very instructive.

at the heart of this is a fundamental conflict in peoples views of power. there is one view that is off the deep end, saying they're all reptoid aliens from nibaru, and there is the simpering lib view that the powerful are fundamentally decent people with a few bad apples. it should be obvious which one has hosed the planet and condemned us all to death, and it isn't the reptoid gang.

the correct view is that the global ruling class is a parasite entity that requires its members to engage in mutually reinforcing acts of exploitation of the lower classes, particularly the most poor and vulnerable, in order to consolidate their power and create bonds of loyalty and profitable relationships. this can be anything from destroying entire nation states for fun and profit to trafficking children across continents to be raped and tortured at dinner parties everywhere from manhattan to riyadh.

all of this is enabled and protected by a diffuse network of intelligence agencies, news outlets, journalists, academics, militaries, organised crime, law enforcement, judicial bodies, and politicians. most don't need to coordinate with each other, and some people aren't even aware they're playing this role, or pretend they aren't (they're the insufferable cunts like the jacobin guy, gaslighting his followers by waffling about epstein death being caused by neglect, or people like james ball, who pride themselves on being Sensible and Rational and Not a Buyer of Conspiracy Theories). so if the truth accidentally gets out, say the WMDs aren't real, the moderate rebels are all al qaeda, or the little kids grow up and start talking to the wrong papers, these people all have the same reflexive response, which is doing their bit to suffocate the embers before they spark an inferno. they aren't stupid, they know their history, and how and why things like the french and russian revolutions happened.

so this response runs the gauntlet from performatively rending garments and calling for inquiries and new laws, to putting 3 in a troublesome witness's head and saying they had a heart attack, to writing 1000 words of obfuscation for the new york times, to actively amplifying the most batshit theories to smear every skeptic or would be revolutionary as a crank. if a few out of favour people have to fall then it's an acceptable price to pay: the objective is to ensure this system of exploitation remains in place so everyone gets paid and everything stays the same.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I mean, yeah, he was defo well murdered.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CoolCab posted:

Yeah that. Like everyone talking about which particular branch of space vampires killed Epstein rather than how and why we allowed and continued to allow wealthy pedophile rings to operate with impunity.

The 'satanic pedophile rings' of the 80s were another good example of that, fanciful things where kids were flushed down toilets to hidden satan rooms, which undermines the credibility of the people saying that it was the Catholics. And the Anglicans. And the Presbyterians. And the Scouts. And the BBC. And the FA.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah that. Like everyone talking about which particular branch of space vampires killed Epstein rather than how and why we allowed and continued to allow wealthy pedophile rings to operate with impunity.

The 'satanic pedophile rings' of the 80s were another good example of that, fanciful things where kids were flushed down toilets to hidden satan rooms, which undermines the credibility of the people saying that it was the Catholics. And the Anglicans. And the Presbyterians. And the Scouts. And the BBC. And the FA.

Any sufficiently powerful organisation is indistinguishable from a noncing ring

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I mean there are no facts available yet, but there are reports that the 24/7 suicide watch was lifted the night before he was found dead.

How convenient if true.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Wachter posted:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

ShredsYouSay posted:

You can't spell Financial Times without Leninist.

you can't spell Financial Times without Inflicts Anemia

Wachter posted:

Noncing Ring Theory

Cabalian Group

Epstein's favourite function: λchild. temple

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 12, 2019

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Filboid Studge posted:

Alan Thrall is with Barbell Medicine now as it happens, he’s kind of their friendly face.

I've watched some of their videos and checked out the program they gave him - it looks great, but anything based on Rated Perceived Exertion is going to be tricky for newbies :)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the idea that some billionaire paid a ninja assassin $50 million to infiltrate a high-security US prison and take out Epstein with an undetectable poison is clearly insane

the idea that some billionaire paid a prison guard $10k to slip a suicidal prisoner a razor blade and then take a half-hour smoke break is a lot more reasonable

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
The idea that Epstein killed himself on his own is more insane than the first one.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

The idea that Epstein killed himself on his own is more insane than the first one.

you're aware that prisoners generally don't tend to like nonces very much, right

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

you're aware that prisoners generally don't tend to like nonces very much, right

You are aware of exactly how high interest Epstein is right?

Do mob narks kill themselves in prison mate?

What the gently caress is wrong with the UKMT?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Julio Cruz posted:

the idea that some billionaire paid a ninja assassin $50 million to infiltrate a high-security US prison and take out Epstein with an undetectable poison is clearly insane

the idea that some billionaire paid a prison guard $10k to slip a suicidal prisoner a razor blade and then take a half-hour smoke break is a lot more reasonable
Yeah, the people dismissing the latter by pointing out the former is insane are the running dogs of liberals and Trotskyists.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
Whoever invented the idea of the Conspiracy theory is a genius. No better way to get people to ignore the prototype stealth planes you crashed in new mexico than to trick the local schizophrenic into saying he saw aliens do it. Nobody got mad when Operation LAC or Project 112 went public because they were too busy laughing at the chemtrails cranks. loving beautiful.

Never accept a word you hear in the news or in any official history of anything.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

HorseLord posted:

Never accept a word you hear in the news or in any official history of anything.

Except for Howard Zinn and also Horrible Histories

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm not a prison expert but generally isn't a bit hard to murder someone who is in solitary confinement?

'kin hell, HorseLord is back.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The actual conspiracy theorists are saying that Epstein isn't dead, that the ears on the corpse photo don't match other photos of Epstein.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Horselord did you kill epstein and use the money to kickstart your posting career?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

marktheando posted:

The actual conspiracy theorists are saying that Epstein isn't dead, that the ears on the corpse photo don't match other photos of Epstein.

We need to see his weird corpse dick to be sure

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

You are aware of exactly how high interest Epstein is right?

Do mob narks kill themselves in prison mate?

What the gently caress is wrong with the UKMT?

what on earth are you even arguing here? he didn't kill himself because other people wanted to seriously harm him? the actual gently caress?

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not a prison expert but generally isn't a bit hard to murder someone who is in solitary confinement?

'kin hell, HorseLord is back.

also not a prison expert but from what I gather on the state of US prisons in general it's far from certain they'd be able to keep Epstein safe from the general population whether he was in solitary or not

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

it's definitely not insane or conspiratorial to think it was a murder lol

edit: i guess it's conspiratorial but like only in the literal sense that all premeditated murder is a conspiracy to commit murder

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Number of prisoners who killed themselves at this particular prison, before Epstein? Lets call Count von Count -

Wait lets not because he wouldn't even get to his loving laugh, a big fat loving 0.

Taken off suicide watch, guards leave for maintenance for three loving hours, no video footage...

gently caress all y'all trying to make me the Alex Jones of this situation

Julio Cruz posted:

what on earth are you even arguing here? he didn't kill himself because other people wanted to seriously harm him? the actual gently caress?

He didn't kill himself. Period. Everything else there is you selectively reading loving tea leaves for all I know.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Horselord did you kill epstein and use the money to kickstart your posting career?

if i was involved in deep state poo poo then him and bin laden would still be alive, the latter so i could stream him on twitch talking about his working relationship with the USA in the 80s

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's not even been ruled a suicide yet. All the Blueticks are just jumping the gun to believe it was because their instinct it just to cover up for power.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

marktheando posted:

You can tell me was murdered because the really insane conspiracy theorists have come up with something vastly more crazy.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

Number of prisoners who killed themselves at this particular prison, before Epstein? Lets call Count von Count -

Wait lets not because he wouldn't even get to his loving laugh, a big fat loving 0.

Taken off suicide watch, guards leave for maintenance for three loving hours, no video footage...

gently caress all y'all trying to make me the Alex Jones of this situation

He didn't kill himself. Period. Everything else there is you selectively reading loving tea leaves for all I know.

ah yes, no-one ever killed themselves in that particular prison therefore no-one ever will, that's some good logic right there

and all your other arguments apply just as well to "someone slipped him a way to off himself" than "a super-assassin infiltrated the prison and put an undetectable poison into his bedtime hot cocoa before magically disappearing into the night"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jeffrey Epstein was fultoned out of the prison by foxhound in order to be evacuated to an island off the coast of south america where he could fulfil his dream of creating a nonce cult without borders. molesteurs sans frontieres.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

ah yes, no-one ever killed themselves in that particular prison therefore no-one ever will, that's some good logic right there

If no name loving johnson killed himself we wouldn't even be loving talking about this other than the context of "first suicide at this prison"

That "first suicide" lines up with "King Nonce who has dirt on presidential and royal nonces" is...

I know what my problem is. I don't type sheep.

Julio Cruz posted:

and all your other arguments apply just as well to "someone slipped him a way to off himself" than "a super-assassin infiltrated the prison and put an undetectable poison into his bedtime hot cocoa before magically disappearing into the night"

At the behest of a very wealthy and powerful person or persons, yes.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
Julio, what are you actually trying to argue? there doesn't seem to be any significant meaningful difference between what you're pretending is a ridiculous theory, and what you say is more plausible.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm enjoying this extended meltdown though, especially since this thread seems to be pretty pro-"the rich are lizard people" thinking in general, and the dude is just tilting at pedo windmills

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Julio Cruz posted:

It doesn't take a super-assassin to off someone in prison, the mob does it all the time

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Aphex- posted:

The starting strength book goes in depth with all the lifts and their motions, focusing on proper form. I don't do SS as a program but the book was really useful to begin with. That, along with youtube videos, and then the Form Check thread in YLLS and it's hard to go wrong. Just remember to start out light and only go up in weights if you can keep the proper form.

Worth noting that for some specific issues at first you might need to do bodyweight/flexibility exercises before you can get form right. My wife and I just started a workout regimen and she couldn't get low enough for squats at first, we figured out it was largely due to ankle flexibility... so she's been doing 20x bodyweight squats every day and within ~3 weeks she was sorted and able to move from doing squats with just the bar (and with not-perfect form) to 70lbs.

But yeah, there are a LOT of really good guides on getting squat and deadlift form right in particular online and goons will always help if you can e.g. video yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
OK I'll put it into shorter words for you

magic super killer man invade prison secretly kill Epstein leave prison vanish - not likely

prison guard give Epstein razor turn camera off let him kill self - more likely

is that a bit loving clearer?