Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

my boss wants to get a bike. he's like 6'3 and gen x what should i tell him

probably something euro cause he's from there

BMW RnineT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Yep. That or the v7. I’ll update after he takes the msf

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

There is only one thing that can make him feel alive again

THIS

It's pretty but really, really dull to ride. I've no idea how they've managed to suck the pleasure out of it but even a Striple is more engaging once you're in the seat and can't see it, and compared to the three-ring circus fire that is riding any other Italian bike it just feels like... nothing. gently caress there are even Hondas that are more fun.

Now I know some people like that ultra-smooth power delivery and completely neutral handling - but I don't understand who's in the demographic of "I want a bike that looks like it's going a million miles an hour when it's standing still but feels like it's standing still when it's doing a million miles an hour".

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Sell the DRZ to someone else that can learn to crash into a mailbox and buy a warp 9 set for the xcw

i thought about sumo'ing the 2t just for shits but the mileage is insanely bad.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
I've had a Ninja 300 for a year, put 1800 miles on it. I'm getting to the point where I feel really confident on it. I know how to make it do what I want, and it feels really good. My only complaint is the obvious one, I wish it were a bit faster. I don't truly need the speed on normal roads, but on the highway not having much power beyond 80 is less than ideal.

I also want something a tad more leaned over, so I went and rode a RC 390 awhile back. It seemed very rough and made me appreciate my bike. The 390 rode how I would imagine a dirt bike with fairings would ride. It also didn't seemed that much more leaned over. Conditions were not great for the test ride, so maybe it's not all the bike's fault.

Today I went and rode a Ninja 650. The power is great, what I want or more, I don't want super sport power. The dash is a huge upgrade and is super cool. However, it felt like riding a crusier that had fairings it was so upright. Tonight looking at cycle-ergo, it has the 300 at 20 degrees leaned over for me, and the 650 at 12 degrees - which is exactly what it felt like.

So, I'm not really sure where to go from here. Do I buy a 650 and get clip ons? Is there a bike I'm missing?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You should ride an actual cruiser in order to appreciate that 650 more

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

RVT posted:

I've had a Ninja 300 for a year, put 1800 miles on it. I'm getting to the point where I feel really confident on it. I know how to make it do what I want, and it feels really good. My only complaint is the obvious one, I wish it were a bit faster. I don't truly need the speed on normal roads, but on the highway not having much power beyond 80 is less than ideal.

I also want something a tad more leaned over, so I went and rode a RC 390 awhile back. It seemed very rough and made me appreciate my bike. The 390 rode how I would imagine a dirt bike with fairings would ride. It also didn't seemed that much more leaned over. Conditions were not great for the test ride, so maybe it's not all the bike's fault.

Today I went and rode a Ninja 650. The power is great, what I want or more, I don't want super sport power. The dash is a huge upgrade and is super cool. However, it felt like riding a crusier that had fairings it was so upright. Tonight looking at cycle-ergo, it has the 300 at 20 degrees leaned over for me, and the 650 at 12 degrees - which is exactly what it felt like.

So, I'm not really sure where to go from here. Do I buy a 650 and get clip ons? Is there a bike I'm missing?

How about the Honda cbr500r or cbr650r (aka cbr650f for the older model)?

Default cycle-ergo rider:

Ninja 300: 19 degrees
Ninja 650: 11
Honda 500: 14
Honda 650f: 21
rc300: 33

Edit: apparently the cbr650r has more forward lean than the 'f, but it's not on the site.

High Protein fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 11, 2019

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RVT posted:

SV 650
Vis
6Always
5The
0Answer

Wait, thay doesn't work.

The SV650 is very like the Ninja 650, but better in every way, get an S if you want clipons, N if you don't, or even better, get an N and slam the front of a GSXR600 on.

OR get an FZ6, and learn to lavish in the upright seating position, you can lean under the windshield if you want.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The last time I bought an oil filter for my F4 750 I needed to check at 3 dealerships to see who owned MV at the time. On the upside I got thrown out of the local harley Davidson wank temple which was cool.

MV Agustas make for absolutely gorgeous living room decoration though.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
The SV650 looks like a fun bike and a decent deal, I'm looking for something with the full fairings though. I hadn't even looked at Honda. Those look like really good options. The CBR650R has more power than I was probably looking for, and the 500 a bit less. Going to look into both. Thank you for the suggestions.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

RVT posted:

The SV650 looks like a fun bike and a decent deal, I'm looking for something with the full fairings though. I hadn't even looked at Honda. Those look like really good options. The CBR650R has more power than I was probably looking for, and the 500 a bit less. Going to look into both. Thank you for the suggestions.

Both of those bikes are utterly miserable compared to an SV, the 650 especially. Do you really need fairings?

But I also think 1800 miles is gently caress all, some people here do that in a weekend and nowhere near enough experience to talk about more power but you do you.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

RVT posted:

The full fairing 2nd gen sv650 look phenomenal. Probably hard to find but you need to look into it.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

But I also think 1800 miles is gently caress all, some people here do that in a weekend and nowhere near enough experience to talk about more power but you do you.

Listen to this man

You know you can just install a different set of clip ons if you want more lean, right? Don't need to buy a whole different bike.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Coydog posted:

The full fairing 2nd gen sv650 look phenomenal. Probably hard to find but you need to look into it.

It's funny how they only (or mainly) sold the faired ones in Canada while we jealously eyed up your naked ones South of the border.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

RVT posted:

Why do you want full fairings and more lean in your riding position, aesthetics and what you personally like?

I would highly recommend a naked or partially faired standard, they give up literally nothing to their supersport siblings in terms of performance on the street (e.g. FZ6, street triple) while gaining miles of comfort and utility.

If you're committed to a fully faired bike with aggressive riding position, don't hack clip-ons onto a dressed standard (what the Ninja 650 is), there are gobs of bikes that come that way, i.e. every single 600 class supersport, they come fully faired with the riding position you want from the factory, and there are gobs of them, GSXR-600, CBR600RR, R6, are all fantastic bikes that will last 100,000 miles if cared for properly, there's a stigma in the forum against them because they're silly toys normally rode by idiot meatbags who wear Affliction t-shirts as gear, and most people on here are pretty serious about their motorcycling. That said, there are serious riders out there that lay down 600 mile days on 600 and 1000cc sportbikes, I've done it on my R1, and it's surprisingly comfortable.

Anyway, do what you want, but maybe at least TRY some of our suggestions, we know what we're talking about

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It is however, a really bad idea to go to a 600cc+ supersport after 1800 miles of riding though.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

What about a Honda VFR 750 or 800 if you want a full fairing bike that's sportive but not laser focused on breaking your back?

By the way in my experience there's 2 categories of Supersport bikes. My R6 is a comfort chariot compared to riding prolonged stretches of road upright on the MV Agusta.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 12, 2019

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Appreciate the suggestions and comments.

Slavvy posted:

Both of those bikes are utterly miserable compared to an SV, the 650 especially. Do you really need fairings?

Yeah, I really like the look of a fully faired bike. What makes the Honda's mentioned miserable compared to the SV650? Appreciate the feedback on my riding experience, but not really sure why it was delivered with this tone. What number of miles is appropriate before starting to look for a second bike?

Coydog posted:

Appreciate the suggestion. Looks like just one in my area on cycle trader, and it's super old and bright yellow unfortunately for me. I'll work it into my craigslist searching though and see what pops up.

Jazzzzz posted:

Listen to this man

You know you can just install a different set of clip ons if you want more lean, right? Don't need to buy a whole different bike.

I asked about getting clip ons for the Ninja 650 in the first post. Glad you mentioned this though, I took the lack of response on that front to be a tacit rejection of the idea. A possible outcome is I maybe get clip-ons for the current bike and keep it awhile longer. However, the real impetus for getting a new bike is getting more power for the highway and at least maintaining the riding position if not getting a little more leaned over. I don't want to be more upright just to get some more power, which is what was disappointing about the Ninja 650.

Elviscat posted:

Why do you want full fairings and more lean in your riding position, aesthetics and what you personally like?

I would highly recommend a naked or partially faired standard, they give up literally nothing to their supersport siblings in terms of performance on the street (e.g. FZ6, street triple) while gaining miles of comfort and utility.

If you're committed to a fully faired bike with aggressive riding position, don't hack clip-ons onto a dressed standard (what the Ninja 650 is), there are gobs of bikes that come that way, i.e. every single 600 class supersport, they come fully faired with the riding position you want from the factory, and there are gobs of them, GSXR-600, CBR600RR, R6, are all fantastic bikes that will last 100,000 miles if cared for properly, there's a stigma in the forum against them because they're silly toys normally rode by idiot meatbags who wear Affliction t-shirts as gear, and most people on here are pretty serious about their motorcycling. That said, there are serious riders out there that lay down 600 mile days on 600 and 1000cc sportbikes, I've done it on my R1, and it's surprisingly comfortable.

Anyway, do what you want, but maybe at least TRY some of our suggestions, we know what we're talking about

Yes, aesthetics and what I personally like. Not interested in a standard, or naked, or partially faired bike regardless of performance. Also, not interested in 120+hp supersports, as mentioned. I've sat on R6s and R1s recently and they are super cool looking, and are super leaned over, I just have no need or desire to deal with that kind of power. If I was, I'd definitely be looking at R6s, I think Yamaha makes fantastic looking bikes. The main reason I posted was to see if there was something in the middle that roughly fit what I'm looking for in my next bike after the Ninja 650 wasn't what I expected it to be.

The Honda CBR500R and CBR650R I just mentioned that I was looking into were suggestions a few posts up. I wouldn't be posting if I wasn't willing to take input onboard.

I'll keep looking around, and look into any additional suggestions from the thread. I think the CBR650R is the closest to what I'm looking for at the moment, but I want to sit on a CBR500R to see what it feels like.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Lol.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i don't even understand what this guy wants

if you want a fully faired race replica get a 600

if you want a low power grocery getter get a 650

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Razzled posted:

Well what if you want a fully faired race replica that can still easily do 100mph, but also not be insane like a 600?
What if you were... Ready to Race? TM

KTM RC390

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Used BMW G 310 R bikes are going for £2990 from BMW dealerships.

They sound like great bikes for a beginner like me. Pootle around on one for 6 months then sell for pretty much the same price.

Thoughts?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Razzled posted:

1800 miles

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RVT posted:

Appreciate the feedback on my riding experience, but not really sure why it was delivered with this tone. What number of miles is appropriate before starting to look for a second bike?

quote:

5,000-10,000 or even more. At 1800 miles you are right in the center of the most dangerous time for a new rider: you have gotten past the fear of opening the throttle all the way ("I feel really confident on it"), so you think you've outgrown the bike and need more power, but (almost certainly) you do not yet have the handling skills and automatic reflexes required to handle a faster motorcycle safely. Most people have their first Big Ouchie about where you are, just after upgrading to their first Big Bike. Wishing your bike were faster but having no other complaints is a red flag. Everyone feels that way soon after getting something newer and more powerful but it doesn't mean anything.

Stop going beyond 80 on public roads, by the way.

RVT posted:

Appreciate the suggestion. Looks like just one in my area on cycle trader, and it's super old and bright yellow unfortunately for me. I'll work it into my craigslist searching though and see what pops up.

Yellow bikes are great and all of my motorcycles are older than every SV650. No problems there

RVT posted:

asked about getting clip ons for the Ninja 650 in the first post. Glad you mentioned this though, I took the lack of response on that front to be a tacit rejection of the idea. A possible outcome is I maybe get clip-ons for the current bike and keep it awhile longer.

Yes, aesthetics and what I personally like. Not interested in a standard, or naked, or partially faired bike regardless of performance. Also, not interested in 120+hp supersports, as mentioned. I've sat on R6s and R1s recently and they are super cool looking, and are super leaned over, I just have no need or desire to deal with that kind of power. If I was, I'd definitely be looking at R6s, I think Yamaha makes fantastic looking bikes. The main reason I posted was to see if there was something in the middle that roughly fit what I'm looking for in my next bike after the Ninja 650 wasn't what I expected it to be.

If you want a faired bike for the looks that's fine. Why do you explicitly want the leaned-over supersport position? That position is designed for high speed racing, meant to balance your torso's weight with the wind blast at 100mph. At legal speeds, the supersport position requires a lot of core strength because your torso is basically cantilevered over the tank and doesn't have the wind holding it up. Most people don't have washboard abs so they end up putting their weight onto the bars instead, which is poor form -- it interferes with steering and hurts your wrists. Being hunched over also reduces visibility and the narrow bars decrease maneuverability (there's no need to swerve around potholes on a track). It's not a good riding position for city streets and public roads.

quote:

However, the real impetus for getting a new bike is getting more power for the highway and at least maintaining the riding position if not getting a little more leaned over. I don't want to be more upright just to get some more power, which is what was disappointing about the Ninja 650.

50 horsepower is more than enough to reach and hold illegal speeds on the highway without stressing the engine. The 35 or so in your 300 is also more than enough to reach those speeds although, as noted, you won't have much past it. I personally think you should stay on the 300 for another year or so. Go find a twisty mountain road and see if your turning confidence is as advanced as your throttle confidence.

If you feel the need to upgrade, I think a faired SV650 would be a decent choice for you. I also disagree with Slavvy who has some kind of vendetta against modern Hondas and I think a recent CBR500 or similar would be just fine. Don't go to a steeper lean than your 300 and don't even think about a 600RR or other supersport until you've got at least five times the miles you have right now.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 12, 2019

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Steakandchips posted:

Used BMW G 310 R bikes are going for £2990 from BMW dealerships.

They sound like great bikes for a beginner like me. Pootle around on one for 6 months then sell for pretty much the same price.

Thoughts?

Yep, they're perfectly good beginner bikes.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

RVT posted:

What number of miles is appropriate before starting to look for a second bike?

Depends. Maybe 3,000 if you're introspective and good at learning lessons. Have you practiced any emergency braking in the last couple hundred miles? Or done chain maintenance and built the habit of checking your tire pressure every ride? If not, maybe you need to wait till 8,000 miles. Do you know how old your tires are, or have you done more than 200 miles in a day yet? If not, maybe 10,000 miles.

1,800 isn't even an oil change, though. That's just starting to edge into the level of comfort with riding that is statistically the most dangerous time in your riding career. You're familiar with a lot of the nuances of the bike and riding, you've built some habits, and that familiarity and comfort leads to lowering your guard and eventually an avoidable crash or near crash happens.

Also, wanting more power for the highway is a justification that pops up often here and it is generally regarded as a very silly one. Just be aware that it won't really be taken that seriously by most.

e: I had this tingling that Sagebrush was typing up a higher-effort reply at the same time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also if you're doing most of your riding on the superslab you're Doing It Wrong btw. either find better roads or accept your reality and buy a cruiser

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I agree with folks saying to keep riding your 300 for a while - at the very least it's WAY more fun to ride a "slow" bike fast than ride a fast bike slow. Take it to a track day or two, ride the piss out of it.

Sagebrush posted:

also if you're doing most of your riding on the superslab you're Doing It Wrong btw. either find better roads or accept your reality and buy a cruiser

The only places in the US I know of where 80+ is legal I wouldn't want to ride at all, cruiser or not. Those slabs are super straight and either go through boring country, have lovely traffic loaded full of huge trucks, constant high winds, or all three. 130 from Austin to Seguin is an hour-long drive past what seems like a contiguous giant strip mall plopped down in the world's largest patch of scrub and mesquite, with lifted F250s and beat-up shitboxes driving like they're competing for Darwin awards.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm in the minority in that I like the look of fully faired bikes, but it's a pain in the rear end when step one to do almost anything on the bike is removing the fairings, along with the assorted lovely fasteners used to attach them to the bike. Also, as someone who rides a bike with a high degree of forward lean, you don't want that. Your core gets stronger and you'll get more used to it, but even after 14k+ miles on the bike, I feel pretty beat up if I do a longer ride like Los Angeles to San Diego and back.

poo poo, I paid $300 for helibars just to raise the clip ons 1.5", which cycle ergo says is a change from 37 degrees of forward lean to 33 degrees. Sagebrush already covered this, but it's not a great position for riding around city streets with lots of stop signs and lights. I'd at least get to 5k miles before you upgrade, and a lot of people here would say even that's not enough.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is loving a fully faired bike in the minority? I honestly do not like the look of naked bikes and thus would likely never really consider one. If I am going to use something day in and day out I should be able to enjoy the form as well as function. To each their own though, I don't begrudge anyone their preferences.

The supply of SV650S and SA's is plentiful up here so I'll be in a good place when it comes time to move up from my 250 in a few years :3:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

Is loving a fully faired bike in the minority? I honestly do not like the look of naked bikes and thus would likely never really consider one. If I am going to use something day in and day out I should be able to enjoy the form as well as function. To each their own though, I don't begrudge anyone their preferences.

The supply of SV650S and SA's is plentiful up here so I'll be in a good place when it comes time to move up from my 250 in a few years :3:

It certainly is nowadays in the UK which used to be one of the biggest sports bike markets in the world. I basically never see one in town nowadays, and even weekend bikes seem to be like half MT variants and a third nerdventure bikes. The only full-faired bikes I seem to see nowadays are 125s and 300s.

Of course a big chunk of the naked bike revival has been due to the streetfighter craze, itself caused by people not wanting to bother replacing broken fairings on their gixxers.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Faired bikes and naked bikes can both be pretty or they can be ugly.

here is a beautiful, sleek, balanced faired motorcycle

here is one that looks like a turd crapped out by a constipated transformer

here is a beautiful, timeless, classic naked bike :smug:

here is one that you might be surprised to learn has not already been in a wreck:

honorable mentions of a gorgeous concept faired bike and gorgeous concept naked:

I think that in general the problem is one of simplicity. There's a functional elegance about the layout of the components in a motorcycle, and whether you're letting them shine through (e.g. the exposed cylinders of the V-twins) or directing air smoothly around them with fairings, paying attention to the Way The Bike Wants To Be is what tends to make them attractive. Like how pilots say that pretty airplanes fly better. Bikes get ugly when you start adding extra crap -- whether that's needless creases in the fairings, or emissions control cans hanging off everywhere, or random ridges and bolts and holes and winglets and poo poo. It's visually exhausting.

I will leave you with this comparison of the peg perch on the Hawk GT vs the one on the MT-10:

hmmmm

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I totally get you about the simplicity, but overall I still think it’s personal preference that wins out.

I love both the VFR and Ninja while neither the Hawk nor .. whatever the other one is.. do much for me. Like I’m sure they’re not bad bikes but I can’t see myself ever riding one.

I do agree that the ninja is perhaps starting to go a little far with its exposed clutter, but nothing I can’t handle. For reference, my favourite bikes of pretty much all time are the FZR400 and the Aprilia RS250 :shobon:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

Faired bikes and naked bikes can both be pretty or they can be ugly.

here is a beautiful, sleek, balanced faired motorcycle

here is one that looks like a turd crapped out by a constipated transformer

here is a beautiful, timeless, classic naked bike :smug:

here is one that you might be surprised to learn has not already been in a wreck:

honorable mentions of a gorgeous concept faired bike and gorgeous concept naked:

I think that in general the problem is one of simplicity. There's a functional elegance about the layout of the components in a motorcycle, and whether you're letting them shine through (e.g. the exposed cylinders of the V-twins) or directing air smoothly around them with fairings, paying attention to the Way The Bike Wants To Be is what tends to make them attractive. Like how pilots say that pretty airplanes fly better. Bikes get ugly when you start adding extra crap -- whether that's needless creases in the fairings, or emissions control cans hanging off everywhere, or random ridges and bolts and holes and winglets and poo poo. It's visually exhausting.

I will leave you with this comparison of the peg perch on the Hawk GT vs the one on the MT-10:

hmmmm

So what you’re saying is...

:argh:Greeble!

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 13, 2019

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

RVT posted:

Yeah, I really like the look of a fully faired bike. What makes the Honda's mentioned miserable compared to the SV650? Appreciate the feedback on my riding experience, but not really sure why it was delivered with this tone. What number of miles is appropriate before starting to look for a second bike?

Man, this takes me back. I put 15,000 miles on my cbr250 in my first year of riding, but the whole time I thought about much I wanted a faster-looking bike. Within a week of making my dream come true and getting a GSXR-750 I'd pranged it because I knew jack-poo poo about riding.

Also, I've owned plenty of fast bikes since and the only people that have appreciated how much I look like an extra from Cool As Ice are other bike dweebs. No one cares, sad to say.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 13, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pretty much. I used to care much more about how a bike looks in the past, but then you realise you're going to only see it from the rider position anyway so unless you're the kind of narcissist who has a full length mirror next to the bike so you can sit on it and make vroom noises and stare at yourself, you're never going to see what you look like on the bike anyway (probably fat and goofy).

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Beauty is subjective. I disagree with some examples provided in this thread of beautiful bikes, but it doesn't really matter. In my opinion, a motorcycle looks incomplete without a rider. Pictures of just bikes make me think things like "yeah that fairing line is nice, but the angles will be all broken up by the rider with those peg and bar positions". Or "that's a nice looking naked, but it looks like the rear cylinder will be partially covered by the rider's legs. Won't that be terribly hot when riding?"

I know I'm kind of fat and ugly, so motorcycle aesthetics don't matter so much to me when buying a bike for myself; I'd ruin them anyway when on the bike. What it feels like to ride is much more important to me.

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
Man. VFR is a good looking bike in most respects, but two round headlights in a fairing is Stupid™. The VFR didn't pull it off, the gixxers didn't pull it off, the fzrs didn't pull it off, and nobody ever will because every bike with two round faired headlights looks like it's surprised that the botox is wearing off. Honorable mention to the S1000RR which just looks like it's having a stroke.

I can't get over that entire styling generation. Even square headlights looked better.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty much. I used to care much more about how a bike looks in the past, but then you realise you're going to only see it from the rider position anyway so unless you're the kind of narcissist who has a full length mirror next to the bike so you can sit on it and make vroom noises and stare at yourself, you're never going to see what you look like on the bike anyway (probably fat and goofy).

What the gently caress did I do to you man 😢

Also 1800 miles is nothing, I’m 5k miles deep on my GL1000 already and I just got that in I think June? and I’m still poo poo with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

So what you’re saying is...

:argh:Greeble!

Though I think most would agree greeble is fine when it's functional; eg the mess of external oil lines on the Vincent Black Shadow.

Carth Dookie posted:

Going past chrome oil tankers on the motorway is always fun because I get to see how totally cool I look :frogc00l: