Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Truga posted:

this livingstone fella seems pretty good lol

we should petition Venezuela to elect him president imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of Blumenthal, his new book has a great example of impartial Western journalists during the Soviet War in Afghanistan.

quote:

Radek Sikorski, a young Polish exile and journalist for the UK’s Spectator, took his affection for the mujahedin a step further, donning Pashtun guerrilla garb, toting a rifle and even participating in a raid on a Soviet barracks, during which he fired three cartridge clips of ammo. According to the UK’s Telegraph, the reporter-cum-guerrilla “succeeded only in hitting the outer wall of a Soviet barracks.” After the Cold War, Sikorski went on to serve as Poland’s foreign minister and marry the vehemently anti-Russian Washington Post columnist, Anne Applebaum.

So, until the Grayzone staff arms themselves and joins a Bolivarian militia, I will consider them both impartial and cowards unwilling to truly defend Chavez's legacy,

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

quote:

cum-guerrilla

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Hi, is this the right thread for vuvuzelas?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I love how the go to defense of the USA starving Venezuela is they were having problems previously like that absolves the us making things much worse

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
listen up you Maduro-worshipping sword-swallower, if Chavez was so smart, why didn't he diversify Venezuelas economy away from being a petro-nation like his capitalist predecessors did?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Jose posted:

I love how the go to defense of the USA starving Venezuela is they were having problems previously like that absolves the us making things much worse

you have to starve the village to feed the village

bing bing bong

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I didn’t realize at first, because m.discordia worded it ultra obtusively so he wouldn’t get in trouble for talking about non-venezuela stuff, but apparently us anti-interventionist leftists have to answer for the USSR famines cause we’re apparently in favor of those?

I love how these coup-mongers always fall back on screaming “tankie!!!” at you when they have no actual argument

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

I didn’t realize at first, because m.discordia worded it ultra obtusively so he wouldn’t get in trouble for talking about non-venezuela stuff, but apparently us anti-interventionist leftists have to answer for the USSR famines cause we’re apparently in favor of those?
I mean "how can you believe in a political ideology that's genocided hundreds of millions of people?" is a standard retort for anyone that expresses even left-of-center politics

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

capitalism as an ideology is unassailable and has never engineered a famine or genocide for profit otherwise i would have heard about it by now

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

comedyblissoption posted:

capitalism as an ideology is unassailable and has never engineered a famine or genocide for profit otherwise i would have heard about it by now

I know you're doing an irony here but I'm going to use it to recommend Mike Davis' Late Victorian Holocausts if you want something on the subject

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

536 posted:

i dunno, BBC, al jazerra, info wars,msnbc and tea leaves? anyone other than joke bloggers that get wet at plane tickets and gold swords. Also Russia Times reblogs all the poo poo from grayzone project. What does that tell you? Or are you pro-russia too hahahahahah
“You think they are good but did you know they were reblogged by RUSSIA? You don’t LOVE RUSSIA do you?”

Literal baby mindset

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Condiv posted:

Pretty sure it was him quoting that one super dork mod that is a ukraine famine truther who was all "holodomor was actually a very good communist diet program and actually saved lives hth"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean "how can you believe in a political ideology that's genocided hundreds of millions of people?" is a standard retort for anyone that expresses even left-of-center politics

Well there weren't any famines in the USSR after 1947 or in China after the GLF. So IMO there was major improvement!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

536 posted:

Pretty sure it was him quoting that one super dork mod that is a ukraine famine truther who was all "holodomor was actually a very good communist diet program and actually saved lives hth"

Please tell us more about your superior grasp of history

536 posted:

People have been starving and mass emigrating for years because of the USA?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

536 posted:

lol again

hahahahaaha

oh man

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
imagine being unironically antislavic in 2019

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
536 I'm curious why you think the US needs to overthrow Venezuela please respond
a) you're a racist and think only white people are smart enough to run a country
b) you don't know where venezuela is and you think we're talking about puerto rico
c) you're literally 12
or
d) comedy answer

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why don’t you trust us that food shortages have been around forever after we’ve claimed everything short of “maduro makes babies into empanadas!!!” :qq:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

I love how these coup-mongers always fall back on screaming “tankie!!!” at you when they have no actual argument

can we call them 'cappies' when they have no good reason to be pro-capital

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Maduro thugs burned the aid caravan! *Video evidence shows a coup supporter starting the fire with a Molotov, story is quietly buried*

Maduro thugs ran people over with a military vehicle! *Video evidence shows coup supporters stealing the vehicle right beforehand, story is quietly buried*

You tankies need to look at the real news, not just some country's propaganda. :smug:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

fnox whats the spanish word for hasbara

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Salean posted:

fnox whats the spanish word for hasbara

Jasbara

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

hey fnox, if it isn't clear, I think you're a monstrous human being for supporting the opposition in starving your people instead of demanding trump drop his hosed up sanctions and embargo. you should also want the opposition to negotiate again for new elections with unbiased election monitors present

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Condiv posted:

hey fnox, if it isn't clear, I think you're a monstrous human being for supporting the opposition in starving your people instead of demanding trump drop his hosed up sanctions and embargo. you should also want the opposition to negotiate again for new elections with unbiased election monitors present

Look no measures are too tough against Venezuela when you can chill out in Sweden and be fully insulated from it all.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good timing on this one eh 536
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1161278608452870146

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

420 Gank Mid posted:

Isn't it obvious?

kens right

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

so why didn't he execute the oligurchs in london

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Condiv posted:

Condiv, holy poo poo you are garbage, how long have you been rock hard jerkin it while you are playing detective trying to catch some person who fled a country in a lie?

Catch me up here, do we hate wikileaks because they elected trump or do we love them because they support russia and venezuela?

536 has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Aug 13, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if you support the sanctions you also think it’s a game because you don’t see the people suffering as well people but a means to an end

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if you support the sanctions you also think it’s a game because you don’t see the people suffering as well people but a means to an end

I'm not cool with sanctions bucko. I want less people starving then before not more. gently caress we should be airdropping food without any conditions.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

You're so loving stupid lol

As you can tell im new to cspam so I need a bit of help with the groupthink. Do we love or hate wikileaks. Assange is kinda dreamy.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

536 posted:

Condiv, holy poo poo you are garbage, how long have you been rock hard jerkin it while you are playing detective trying to catch some person who fled a country in a lie?

Catch me up here, do we hate wikileaks because they elected trump or do we love them because they support russia and venezuela?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
well any intervention is going to cause suffering a lot more suffering that’s just how it is.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

536 posted:

I'm not cool with sanctions bucko. I want less people starving then before not more. gently caress we should be airdropping food without any conditions.

536 posted:

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

well any intervention is going to cause suffering a lot more suffering that’s just how it is.

I'm anti foreign intervention in any form . I'm just not so blinded by the sickle I can't tell people are legit starving. I'm more hoping the regular people in the army get so fed up that change happens.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also lol at the person cheerleading for massive atrocities to be committed now that they'll no longer feel the consequences of them calling someone else chickenshit

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

536 posted:

I'm anti foreign intervention in any form . I'm just not so blinded by the sickle I can't tell people are legit starving. I'm more hoping the regular people in the army get so fed up that change happens.

People are starving because of us intervention dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

536 posted:

536 posted: