Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Klansman 8 0.91%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 578 65.76%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 185 21.05%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 4 0.46%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 0 0%
Julian Castro, the Twin 3 0.34%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 3 0.34%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 9 1.02%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 2 0.23%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 4 0.46%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 19 2.16%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 19 2.16%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 8 0.91%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.11%
Just like in real life, nobody voted for Hickenlooper 2 0.23%
Jeffrey Epstein, the MCC Most Hated 9 1.02%
KKKillary KKKlinton 16 1.82%
Some other idiot not in this list 9 1.02%
Total: 879 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
well at least he'll make a great miniseries about his experiences in the gulag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

El Jeffe posted:

Where do I find this list?

I feel like this should probably get thrown in the OP if its gonna try to be enforced

Party Plane Jones posted:

hello, thanks to our illustrious posters complaining at me incessantly from both sides of the guillotine, i'm restricting this thread to the following pollsters, just like the dnc's debate criteria for september

quote:

Qualifying polls are limited to the following organizations and institutions:

Associated Press
ABC News
CBS News
CNN
Des Moines Register
Fox News
Monmouth University
NBC News
New York Times
National Public Radio
Quinnipiac University
University of New Hampshire
Wall Street Journal
USA Today
Washington Post
Winthrop University

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

So are we allowed to discuss media coverage of the poll or is that banned from this thread too?

I’m assuming it’s a 3-day minimum probe to discuss that poll so I want to be clear if we also will get probated for linking to media coverage that includes that poll too.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao just admit that it is currently impossible to discuss US politics in d&d already for gently caress's sake

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao just admit that it is currently impossible to discuss US politics in d&d already for gently caress's sake

How is it impossible ?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

garbage in garbage out

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I polled my apartment, and my wife and I voted Bernie, and after a little bit of anarchist theory discussion, our cat also reluctantly voted Bernie. There was no margin of error.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It’s funny that every 4 years , liberal democrats have to go to Iowa and eat food they never would touch and people they think are hick rubes because reasons

I think only Bernie genuinely wants to be there

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

There is no margin of error.

Pollsters should lead with that when they are polling so respondents take it more seriously.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

It’s funny that every 4 years , liberal democrats have to go to Iowa and eat food they never would touch and people they think are hick rubes because reasons

Bernie's campaign is about ideas NOT people

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Punk da Bundo posted:

Lol that reminds me, isn't Booker supposedly a vegetarian these days?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yes he got the fried pb&j, because even the Iowa State Fair is vegetarian friendly.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tom Steyer is one poll away from qualifying for the next two debates

No Marianne or Inslee ever again at the debates, but Tom loving Steyer

https://twitter.com/TomSteyer/status/1161254176120279040

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 13, 2019

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's vegan, and he ate the iowa state fair fried pb&j on a stick ok

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

overmind2000 posted:

Who the gently caress is donating to his campaign?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also,

https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1161353495775272960
lol, jesus

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

this is art, like this campaign is a nathan for you episode

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ross perot in hell posted:

It seriously feels like something out of Veep

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel like this should probably get thrown in the OP if its gonna try to be enforced

It is, it's just down at the bottom of the OP, underneath the candidate profiles. I'll move it higher. And yeah, any thread-specific rules will be listed in the OP.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

overmind2000 posted:

Trump’s reelection chances are going to dramatically increase if this piece of poo poo gets in there and makes the whole debate about RussiaGate/Impeachment.

It’s also funny how this billionaire is pretending he didn’t buy and/or pull strings behind the scenes to meet the “qualifications”.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

130,000 sockpuppets real people.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Glumslinger posted:

Corporations are people, my friend!

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's totally possible, but only on alternating Tuesdays.

And you have to be wearing green, unless you are wearing red, in which case you need to also be wearing black.

And all of your sentences need to start with a vowel.

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

The Glumslinger posted:

It seriously feels like something out of Veep

https://twitter.com/brianneDMR/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

first mayor pete's never heard of alfred e. neuman now he's never heard of sirhan sirhan??

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

This dude has never washed a dish in his life if he thinks this lol

Such impressive "systems analysis" on display here

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

first mayor pete's never heard of alfred e. neuman now he's never heard of sirhan sirhan??

I love "Hungry Like the Wolf"!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
scanning ....scanning ..analysis complete

Make joke about soap is soap to seem relatable to the proles

Now make a quip about top shelf ramen

Relatability complete

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tylersayten posted:

His brand of soulless, data driven sociopathy is also what lead to bullshit like Trump. Predicting the future based on data from the past is so uniquely dangerous and idiotic.

It’s the same reason why we keep hearing nonsensical bullshit from the MSM that “unemployment numbers” are “low” under Trump.

data-driven sociopathy (or, to be more precise, sociopathy laundered via a language of being "data-driven" or otherwise being derived from expertise) is the language of neoliberalism

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mayor pete thinking he was owning trump by not knowing a famous mascot is more embarrassing than warren's dna test.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

according to wikipedia tom steyer has a net worth of $1.6 billion

if john delaney, who is a lowly centimillionaire, can put out enough mailers and call in enough favors to generate enough $1 donations to qualify for the debates then steyer absolutely can

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

NPR is comparing Sanders to Trump because he criticized WaPo for their obvious anti-left bias.

NPR posted:

Sen. Bernie Sanders criticized Amazon on Tuesday — then lashed out at The Washington Post, which is owned by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, saying the paper "doesn't write particularly good articles about me." The remarks were similar to ones made by President Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/7508...tm_campaign=npr

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Don’t the Koch bros fund NPR now?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

So are we allowed to discuss media coverage of the poll or is that banned from this thread too?

I’m assuming it’s a 3-day minimum probe to discuss that poll so I want to be clear if we also will get probated for linking to media coverage that includes that poll too.

If an article happens to have a poll somewhere in it, I don't care. I'm not going to dig through every single article with a fine-toothed comb looking for poll links or mentions of polls. On the other hand, if the article is about the poll, or about polling in general, you'd better respect the list. Coverage about worthless polls is itself worthless. And the fact that the poll in question was done by the company Breitbart hired to conduct all their 2016 polling suggests that the thread could really benefit from people paying a little more attention to where the numbers are actually coming from before they post the numbers here.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gatts posted:

Don’t the Koch bros fund NPR now?

They have for years. NPR has always represented upper class liberal interests anyway.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Donald Trump was right.

NYT is an enemy of the people.

Here's who they've assigned to cover Sanders: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/07/bernie-sanders-sydney-ember-new-york-times

quote:

Ember is supposed to write reported articles, not op-eds, but she consistently paints a negative picture of Sanders’s temperament, history, policies, and political prospects in the over two dozen pieces she’s done on him. This makes sense, given the New York Times’s documented anti-Sanders bias, which can be found among both editors and reporters alike.

The paper was caught making significant changes, without acknowledging them, to a 2016 article on Sanders hours after it went up: it changed the headline (from “Bernie Sanders Scored Victories for Years via Legislative Side Doors,” to “Via Legislative Side Doors, Bernie Sanders Won Modest Victories”); deleted a positive quote from a campaign adviser; and added two negative paragraphs.

Even after the paper’s public editor chastised the Times for the practice known as stealth editing, the editors defended the changes because they “thought [the article] should say more about his realistic chances.” In its original form, the article didn’t cast enough doubt on Sanders’s viability and ability to govern, in other words.

Ember came to the New York Times with a resumé limited to the finance industry: She was an analyst for BlackRock, the biggest global investment management corporation and the largest investor in coal plant developers in the world. (Her husband, Mike Bechek, is also in the investment business; he was a senior associate consultant at Bain Capital, where his father was CEO.)

Ember was hired by the Times in 2014 to cover advertising and marketing for the paper’s business vertical Dealbook. She started covering politics in May 2018 and immediately got the enviable assignment of covering one of the leading contenders for the 2020 Democratic nomination.

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 13, 2019

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
It's really sad that nepotism has reduced the NYT to hiring stenographers that suck so badly at making their propaganda subtle.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

ross perot in hell posted:

This is his new HBO show.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember that he got millions of people's information when he ran his personally funded ad campaign for impeachment. I think his list was somewhere around 8 million people. Add in the other mail lists he can buy with the money he finds in his couch, and he probably needs a lower sucker rate than Nigerian Prince emails get to hit 130,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

according to wikipedia tom steyer has a net worth of $1.6 billion

if john delaney, who is a lowly centimillionaire, can put out enough mailers and call in enough favors to generate enough $1 donations to qualify for the debates then steyer absolutely can

That's it?

All his ads on TV say he made 36 billion dollars.