Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Has anyone here been keeping up with Voyage to the Stars? I dipped out pretty early but thought it maybe had some potential but being held up almost entirely by Janet Varney. Has it improved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

SpacePig posted:

Has anyone here been keeping up with Voyage to the Stars? I dipped out pretty early but thought it maybe had some potential but being held up almost entirely by Janet Varney. Has it improved?

It's the same. If you didn't like the jokers at the start it's not gettin' better

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

FitFortDanga posted:

I was a big Young Ones fan, but that didn't stop DDF from being absolutely terrible.

Heather Anne Campbell does that "I don't know anything about [pop culture thing] and I'm proud of it" thing that annoys me to death. You can say you don't know about football or reality TV without acting like you're so loving above it all. Sometimes she and Wiger bounce off each other well, but other times I really struggle with her personality.

...then again, I struggle a lot more with Spoon's personality but I would never want a Doughboys without him, so maybe this chemistry just needs a little more time to click.

It was really bad lol. But the ffvii bit later on kind of makes up for it

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
What's the cheapest price/way to get stitcher premium these days and are RSS feeds still a hacked together affair?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

moot the hopple posted:

What's the cheapest price/way to get stitcher premium these days and are RSS feeds still a hacked together affair?

i looked around, on memorial day they had a year subscription for 20 bucks, but thats expired now. Looks like all the promo codes now are just for a month off

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Terror Sweat posted:

i looked around, on memorial day they had a year subscription for 20 bucks, but thats expired now. Looks like all the promo codes now are just for a month off

Thanks that gives me a baseline to look out for. All I really want to listen to is Hollywood Handbook Pro. Chef Kevin was on the last Doughboys and I can see them making hay out of it for across several eps.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
They tend to throw out offer codes every time there's a 3 day weekend so if you can hold out for Labor Day you can probably grab a discount (they did it last year.)

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
If you're not following With Special Guest regularly, heads-up that this week's hosts are Aukerman and Tompkins.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

love that the "chicken in the corn" guy is gonna make some money off of threedom

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

cams posted:

love that the "chicken in the corn" guy is gonna make some money off of threedom

Only if his Kickstarter makes another $4500 in the next 9 days. The Threedom bump has only been about $1500 so far.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is so funny

https://twitter.com/IfyNwadiwe/status/1159897226983776256

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jesus Christ that's spot on.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’m glad HDTGP liked Night Trap because I also like Night Trap

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Which HH episode has the opening story where Kirby sucks up Sean and becomes a little bitch? I wanna say it was from 2018.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

Which HH episode has the opening story where Kirby sucks up Sean and becomes a little bitch? I wanna say it was from 2018.
SUPER BOWL PARTY SNACKS (pro version)

salad? FOOTBALL SHAPED SALAD.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

It was from this year; Pro Version, Super Bowl Snacks. Sean is on one in that episode. PERFECT SNACKS, PERFECT PLAYLIST.

cams posted:

salad? FOOTBALL SHAPED SALAD.

"Chicken lunch."
"CHICKEN LUNCH?...FOOTBALL SHAPED CHICKEN LUNCH."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, friends.

I was telling my friend about the Kirby joke and he didn't remember it. I'm excited to relisten.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m glad HDTGP liked Night Trap because I also like Night Trap

The remaster is fun and actually makes it playable. Cool extras and a documentary on the making too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Whoever is doing the theme songs for HDTGP is knocking it out of the park with these remixes.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Heather Anne Campbell totally won me over with her I saw a ghost but I still don't believe in them. She is the reverse Mike Mitchell.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Boys on magic tavern again!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Whoever is doing the theme songs for HDTGP is knocking it out of the park with these remixes.

I think it's Bafflegabs

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Heather Anne Campbell totally won me over with her I saw a ghost but I still don't believe in them. She is the reverse Mike Mitchell.

i hate her now because it made me scared

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How Did This Get Played has hit a sweet spot starting with Episode 6 to now. It's not just the guests, which have been great, or Heather Ann opening up about how weird she is; they've also found a rhythm with games that are weird and not great but not bad, and it pays off.

What I'm saying is I want to play Night Trap now.

Today's HH was great too. They've also been on a streak. And it gave us these great pics:

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1161325308601098241?s=20

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Doughboys did it

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1042817371608539136?lang=en

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Look at all that, you fuckin' dirtbag"

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
How Did This Get Played hosts are on Talking Simpsons covering the episode where Homer meets Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, for any non-regular listeners of that show

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Talking Simpsons is a good podcast, but they are firmly into bad Simpsons territory now so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to listen

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Most of their guests have podcasts that primarily cover bad media so they've got the means to be funny about terrible Simpsons, but they were really generous to season 9. I guess there's still good jokes in these bad episodes, and they have to be pretty tolerant of these episodes if they're gonna survive the much worse stuff to come.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Another Simpsons podcast I listen to recently got to the first Al Jean episode of season thirteen. They were very happy to put the Mike Scully years in the rearview.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Yeah that whole insane story ruled

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally caught up to this week's HH. Sean's Seal Team 7 joke was just :perfect:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Drew Tarver is on fire in today's Teacher's Lounge.

"Once about every seven episodes, we lose you, Bill"

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JethroMcB posted:

Holy smokes. That was great. Five minutes of pure excellence. Jurge Juwey!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Holy smokes. That was great. Five minutes of pure excellence. Jurge Juwey!

"Jurge Juwey" made Dan Lippert lose it.

I'll still crack up just thinking about his laughing howl off-mic during the Preacher's Lounge episode where Jon Mackey is describing stripping nude on the ball diamond and telling the ref "if you want to screw somebody, screw me"

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

JethroMcB posted:

The Teacher's Lounge is easily the best podcast I have ever listened to. The sheer amount of pure joy and laughter that I get from it is astonishing to me, considering they do the exact same bits repeatedly and pretty much follow the same structure most episodes. A great example of it is in the latest episode when they go on their "Gravestone, graveStone, the viewing..." moment. I can't help but laugh like an idiot at when they do that word association/funny enunciated words bit. I'm just starting my third listen through of the whole series again, and every episode I hear something else that I apparently didn't hear the first time, it's just such a fast paced, dense show. I hope they do this for a long time, or at least Big Grande gets something big out of it, because they are something special. I don't think the group would work at all without all of the guys, and though I will say Dan and Drew are probably the funniest just by being them, Ryan and John are amazing as well, and I think they all deserve a lot of credit for such a great podcast.

Also, PFT, Carl Tart, and Ego Nwodim get the show so perfectly, I wish every season had them in it.

After saying all that, I should say the hardest I think I've ever laughed at anything from a podcast actually came from Superego. If you haven't listened to episode 3 from season 5, listen to the first skit (The Leffingwell Grocers). I was on a bus when I heard it, I literally got off the bus and had to sit on a bench to catch my breath.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
never post

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 20, 2019

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i'm not listening to that poo poo, whatever the gently caress it is

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

the Insane Piano posted: