Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Bad news team.

I don't know anything about game development. :(

Don't let this info depress you though, because I'm about to buy a pack of sweet $27k space ships that will make me a pro on the topic! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

these people spending thousands of dollars on spaceship pixels makes so much more sense now.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Bad news team.

I don't know anything about game development. :(

Don't let this info depress you though, because I'm about to buy a pack of sweet $27k space ships that will make me a pro on the topic! :)

still, during the last years we all learned alot about game development though.
more precicely, about crowd founded development.

and sure, grab that sweet legatus pack: it's super-rare, so it will only increase in value plus you will be a VIP in the verse. imagine you could join EVERY org even TEST SQUADRON

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Always remember to turn off the camera while taking a poo poo.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

colonelwest posted:

:lol:

I love when Citizens prosthelytize like this. He should start going door to door with pamphlets.

“Excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to talk about or video game lord and savior Chris Roberts? He absolved himself of his sins!”

People like this make me think Star Citizen is going to have a very long and bizarre afterlife.

I'm pretty sure Star Citizen is already a long a bizarre afterlife

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

colonelwest posted:

“Excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to talk about or video game lord and savior Chris Roberts? He absolved himself of his sins!”
- Wow, is this actually the current state of the game?
- Well, with your pledge it might be. One day. Maybe. In your dreams definitel-- Can I interest you in this referral contest?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

star citizen is the first time ive actually been creeped out by how everyone is slavering to get you to use their referral code

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gently caress me, that's sad.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

When you're into Star Citizen for forty bucks you own a jpeg. When you're into Star Citizen for four hundred bucks the jpeg owns you.

Very deep

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

I'm the unironic iBuyPower logo next to the totally not p2w vidja gaem

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

star citizen is the first time ive actually been creeped out by how everyone is slavering to get you to use their referral code

what are their referral rewards

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Awesome! posted:

what are their referral rewards

JPEGS!

edit: best part is a lot of those rewards still don't exist in game yet :)

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 14, 2019

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

gently caress me, that's sad.

Now imagine that with your avatar reflected in the screen.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kosumo posted:

Now imagine that with your avatar reflected in the screen.

Holy crap

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

The tantrums in those threads are delicious. Even PeteSampras knows what´s up. He just prefers to cry.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/DNnlonw.mp4

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Star Citizens bad?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Someone at SOTA official forum was considering printing flyers promoting that dead game and putting them all over the city. I thought SC fans are not approaching that level of desperation yet, but I guess I was wrong.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I was at an apple store and these drat high school kids were putting pewdiepie on

christ what's wrong with the youth today

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what's the SJW thread title referencing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Here's a fun one:

A citizen has compiled a chart of youtube views for the main SC channel

It is spectacularly misleading in a couple of fun ways.
* It is organized right-to-left, oldest on the right, newest on the left, counter to basically every standard you can imagine
* It is actually logarithmic, which severely dampens the visual impact of the swings

Despite that it's pretty apparent that two years ago they were regularly clocking >100k for their poo poo, and now they struggle to reach above 60k. There's been a major audience drop-off.

I used to log their general chat channels. This is fairly old because I couldn't be arsed to log their new thing after they moved off jabber:

it's a pretty clear trend lmao

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
A fan, gamergater and self professed blog writer went off on someone to defend the game's honour, using some really racist slurs in the process.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Iceclaw posted:

A fan, gamergater and self professed blog writer went off on someone to defend the game's honour, using some really racist slurs in the process.

i liked how he censored the i in every single n-word as if that makes it better somehow. he knows it's bad but thinks it's like saying gently caress or poo poo lmao

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Truga posted:

i liked how he censored the i in every single n-word as if that makes it better somehow. he knows it's bad but thinks it's like saying gently caress or poo poo lmao

He didn't do that, or he forgot every 3-4th use of the n word.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
to be fair, i didn't really pay too much attention i just noticed him doing it a bunch and found it silly

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Truga posted:

to be fair, i didn't really pay too much attention i just noticed him doing it a bunch and found it silly

I think it's that Mirficus has it censored and Dementropy didn't, both bots posted it near the same time. however it's the cesored version that's popping up on twitter and everywhere

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oh i see

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Oh crap

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jesus Christ, while the patch didn't hit yet, the notes that dropped for No Mans Sky really show that they planted rear end in the office and decided to really improve the game. I know this is par for the course with NMS, since every update was groundbreaking for that game but I'm still so amazed by this. From simple interface improvements (you can now instantly click on stuff instead of holding down the mouse button when interacting), with complete UI redesigns, bigger and more detailed ship models, expanded multiplayer options to gutting a lot of useless backend stuff making the game faster, it reads like a dream. There's even base automation, logic circuits and over 300 cooking recepies!

However, unlike Star Citizen, I am sure that when I launch the game this evening all of what is written will be true.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kikas posted:

Jesus Christ, while the patch didn't hit yet, the notes that dropped for No Mans Sky really show that they planted rear end in the office and decided to really improve the game. I know this is par for the course with NMS, since every update was groundbreaking for that game but I'm still so amazed by this. From simple interface improvements (you can now instantly click on stuff instead of holding down the mouse button when interacting), with complete UI redesigns, bigger and more detailed ship models, expanded multiplayer options to gutting a lot of useless backend stuff making the game faster, it reads like a dream. There's even base automation, logic circuits and over 300 cooking recepies!

However, unlike Star Citizen, I am sure that when I launch the game this evening all of what is written will be true.

still only has 1/100th of the amount of gameplay star citizen has

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

colonelwest posted:

I love when Citizens prosthelytize like this. He should start going door to door with pamphlets.

“Excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to talk about our video game lord and savior Chris Roberts? He absolved himself of his sins!”

People like this make me think Star Citizen is going to have a very long and bizarre afterlife.

I'm counting on it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 14, 2019

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I'm not just a Star Citizen, I'm a quantum Darwinist and let me explain to you the difference between African quarks and European quarks:

Which one can carry a coconut?

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Strangler 42 posted:

See, these are the interesting things that we're discovering as gaming brings more and more people in contact with each other. There can be whole texts devoted to studying online interactions and how to manage/police them. Some solutions seem simple in theory but fall apart in practice. By all logic, Star Citizen should have been dead by now but here we are.

Anything that involves human interaction, "All bets are off"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Kikas posted:

Speaking of which I am quite doubtful HG has managed to put out all they have put out with just the usually parroted 20-30 dev staff. They must have made extensive use of third party development companies and external support/hires of all kinds.

I was trying to peruse their latest financials for any references to that in their expenditure/costs figures: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06663645/filing-history/MzI0MDkxNTA4M2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

If any accountantgoon can spare some time to shed some light that would be great. Asking for a friend.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Daztek posted:

still only has 1/100th of the amount of gameplay star citizen has

Look at this shameless theft...

quote:

VIRTUAL REALITY USER INTERFACE

2D menus such as shops are rendered on an in-world, “diegetic” user interface, navigable with intuitive point-and-click style interactions.

Chris thought of VR first too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MedicineHut posted:

Speaking of which I am quite doubtful HG has managed to put out all they have put out with just the usually parroted 20-30 dev staff. They must have made extensive use of third party development companies and external support/hires of all kinds.

I was trying to peruse their latest financials for any references to that in their expenditure/costs figures: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06663645/filing-history/MzI0MDkxNTA4M2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

If any accountantgoon can spare some time to shed some light that would be great. Asking for a friend.

Looks like they hired CIG to make their game and that's why Star Citizen and Squadron 42 barely had any progress this year