Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1158664915059539979

Morgana won't bug you as much to go to sleep in Royal.

10/10 game is now perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

GOTY

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Waffleman_ posted:

You mean that I won't have more periods where I can't do advance any of the numerous things to do at night for over a week on end in this time-management game? Finally!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe I'll finally make a thief tool.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Now I won't have to go to bed at 6pm. They should make a Morgana alarm clock, where it tells you when to go to bed instead of the opposite.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So if I'm understanding that correctly, you don't have to sleep but you're still locked in your room? So all you can do is study/read/play a game/watch a dvd/make tools? I mean that's something but I was hoping to be able to go out and do stuff like in P4G.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stare-Out posted:

So if I'm understanding that correctly, you don't have to sleep but you're still locked in your room? So all you can do is study/read/play a game/watch a dvd/make tools? I mean that's something but I was hoping to be able to go out and do stuff like in P4G.

If you could, it'd make the teacher Confidant pointless I guess.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I could definitely go without the massage scenes

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

But that's for when you've been to the metaverse, it would be twice as useful then. I hope they add things to do during night time then that aren't just stat increase activities because once you've maxed those you may as well just go to bed. :v:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1159119063416807424

Lucy Hay is Haru’s new Persona, and she is looking fresh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Haru, you got some splaining to do

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I just recently got a new PS4 after giving my old one to my ex when we broke up, and saw P5 on sale for like $15

I regret not getting into Persona/SMT ages ago.

Finished the third palace last night, having a real banger of a time.

Is it worth / how much of a pain in the rear end is it to play the older Persona games?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

These new personas are all basically new skins for the originals, but they somehow all work for the characters. Also, they are really going all in on pandering to tha Akechi fanbase.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sockser posted:

I just recently got a new PS4 after giving my old one to my ex when we broke up, and saw P5 on sale for like $15

I regret not getting into Persona/SMT ages ago.

Finished the third palace last night, having a real banger of a time.

Is it worth / how much of a pain in the rear end is it to play the older Persona games?

If you buy a Playstation TV or a Vita (a Vita is legit cheaper to find for me searching, lol), you can get the best versions of both P3 and P4.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just be aware that P3 is very unforgiving when it comes to time management.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Or if you have a PS3 you can just buy the first upgrade of P3 and the vanilla version of P4

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arist posted:

If you buy a Playstation TV or a Vita (a Vita is legit cheaper to find for me searching, lol), you can get the best versions of both P3 and P4.

As well as Persona 1 and the two Persona 2's.

Although they are very, very different games from Persona 3 and onward. Some might say better but others might say their gameplay is a crime against humanity. A friend of mine once said that , whatever you feel about the quality of Old Persona vs. Nu Persona, Persona 3 is when the Persona games found their own identity beyond just being an SMT spinoff. I agree with that.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 8, 2019

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

People can talk poo poo on P1 all they want but nothing's ever gonna top the final boss of P2 being literally Hitler in shades wielding the spear that killed Jesus and then transforming into the embodiment of daddy issues, all as part of a Cthulhu-demon's plot to nuke the universe. :allears:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I often wonder if Nyarly will ever return to bedevil Persona users.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Gonna keep fighting evil cups and moons and stuff that don't matter.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

It'd be great if he did because most Persona fans will think he's a new and unique and awesome character.

But seriously, I would be so down for this. As much as I love Persona 4 , Persona 2 and Persona 3 are the only Persona games with satisfying, cathartic final bosses IMO. By the end of EP I desperately wanted to beat this bastard into the ground and I did that and I was very happy in a way I wasn't in 4 or 5.

Also this boss theme is the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVKqFXKa00

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Gen. Ripper posted:

being literally Hitler
:goonsay: well itsn't literally Hitler, but a form of Hitler birthed by the rumor that he never committed suicide and is now looking for the magic spaceship Xibalba sleeping under Sumaru Ciry born by nyarly's rumor magic :goonsay:

also the lance of longinus did not kill christ, but stabbed into his flesh to see if he was dead :goonsay: :goonsay: :goonsay:

so yeah persona 2 is good

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

nyarlathotep looking at the current state of the world and going "dang, feelin' a little redundant here"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

nyarlathotep looking at the current state of the world and going "dang, feelin' a little redundant here"

I'd like to think that even the Crawling Chaos would be a little disappointed with how easily humanity is surrendering to its worst impulses. It'd be like playing a videogame stuck on "super easy".

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't remember if there was actually any reason to think this, but I was super prepared for the Mysterious Voice in Persona 4 Arena to be Nyarlathotep and that this was hoe they were going to work him back into the main cosmology.

in hindsight: lmao

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

I don't remember if there was actually any reason to think this, but I was super prepared for the Mysterious Voice in Persona 4 Arena to be Nyarlathotep and that this was hoe they were going to work him back into the main cosmology.

in hindsight: lmao

From what I hear a lot of people got blueballed thinking Nyarly was gonna make a comeback in P4A/Ultimax.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yeah it was hilarious

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

One of the best things about the Nyarly boss fight in EP is how you can feel him starting to freak out. The IS boss fight was clearly a game to him so it didn't matter if he won or lost. But in EP he starts panicking and screaming "SUCCUMB, SUCCUMB!" in his second form. The smug bastard knows he's finally no longer in total control.

Of course, given I vastly prefer Innocent Sin, I'm kinda sad the Masquerade didn't get vengeance on him. He's the cause of everything, including Sudou going crazy and attacking Tatsuya and Maya which is of course very significant to the IS kids. There's also his manipulation of Jun as well. They all had a much more personal grudge against him than Baofu, Ulala or Katsuya did.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 9, 2019

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Arist posted:

It would probably be irresponsible to tell someone that it's worth buying a Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden, but I will say that it's the only drat reason I got a Vita.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Vita is great as it is but it's a million times greater because I can spend literally hundreds of hours playing P4G on it. Also it has remote play which rules.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Stroth posted:

It would probably be irresponsible to tell someone that it's worth buying a Vita just to play Persona 4 Golden, but I will say that it's the only drat reason I got a Vita.

I bought my PSTV just for P4G and it was totally worth it.

But there are plenty of great games on it.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
If you are planning on playing any version of Persona 4 there's one thing you should know: Don't spoil the plot for yourself. One of the central plot points is an ongoing mystery you're trying to solve that's actually handled extremely well.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I find it strangely hilarious that in P2:IS Nyarly's response to losing is basically saying "well gently caress you then" and destroying the world anyways on a technicality.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gen. Ripper posted:

I find it strangely hilarious that in P2:IS Nyarly's response to losing is basically saying "well gently caress you then" and destroying the world anyways on a technicality.

And then you punch Philemon except I didn't because I had no idea why this was even an option. Seemed like a cool dude to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gen. Ripper posted:

it's even pettier than that, his victory was assured pretty much the moment Xibalba was unearthed. the Great Father battle was basically him trolling the party on his way out the door

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

it's even pettier than that, his victory was assured pretty much the moment Xibalba was unearthed. the Great Father battle was basically him trolling the party on his way out the door

I mean, Nyarly IS the embodiment of humanity’s worst traits. You have to expect a large degree of petty dickery somewhere.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

And then you punch Philemon except I didn't because I had no idea why this was even an option. Seemed like a cool dude to me.

Didnt his dumb bet go sideways and gently caress everyone?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just want to remind everyone that Eternal Punishment has the coolest opening movie of any video game. Twice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meQmQ7KxPlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bgbfEPUog

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This Thread: Yosuke is disgusting he makes fun of Kanji for being maybe gay and that's unforgivable

Also This Thread: Goro is just a kid he doesn't know any better than to kill dozens or possibly hundreds of people

Also Goro's plan is dumb because the writing for the ending of his whole arc is bad, not because the writers made it a bad plan on purpose to represent how broken he is.

Ah yeah, the one other person posting in this thread did say that, huh?

I mean, what I personally said was that Yosuke's actions pointed to him being an unlikable rear end in a top hat and Akechi's point to him being a mentally ill child, but po tay toh, poh tah toh.

YaketySass posted:

Just like the confrontation with the Shadow Self in P4 is only the beginning of your teammates' character development,

Is that what happens? :v:

Hunt11 posted:

Just be aware that P3 is very unforgiving when it comes to time management.

...Is it? I remember Persona 3 as being the game where I went to bed for weeks on end because I'd maxed out all my social links, had my main persona at 99 stats from the arcade, and gotten to the top of Tartarus a good two or three months before I could actually finish the game.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Cuntellectual posted:

...Is it? I remember Persona 3 as being the game where I went to bed for weeks on end because I'd maxed out all my social links, had my main persona at 99 stats from the arcade, and gotten to the top of Tartarus a good two or three months before I could actually finish the game.

The original version was. The remake made things much easier by switching several social links to night shift.