Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1161689221758967810?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
lmao please let that be real

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I do love a feel good story with a happy ending

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

"Life is easier when you don't have to look over your shoulder."

from the government that brought you the hostile environment and the “go home” vans this is :ironicat: as gently caress

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

I uh, walked into the wrong off licence on holiday.

This craft IPA fad is getting out of hand

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Tell me shes called catherine, that'd be great.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
brewing extremely lovely craft beer and selling it to fascists at a ridiculous markup might be a decent grift tbh

the Hitler mugs can definitely gtfo though

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I went for a tour around Etna when I was in sicily a while back and the tourist shops were selling mussolini busts carved out of fake volcanic rock. poo poo's weird in the south.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Nancy Pelosi says no UK-US trade deal if Brexit risks Irish peace.

Lmao, is this real? Imagine if we force Brexit through and loving America turns their back on us for moral reasons.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nephthys posted:

Lmao, is this real? Imagine if we force Brexit through and loving America turns their back on us for moral reasons.

This is the US, they never do anything for moral reasons.
They just don't want awkward questions from Irish-Americans why they are not helping Ireland during US election time.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Shouldn't be a problem: one quick, peaceful invasion and they'll simply be British-Americans.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/14/labour-bloc-plans-radical-move-to-push-through-brexit-deal

Imagine if they actually end up passing May's deal.

(they won't and this is ridiculous)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
It's interesting because the Irish potentially hold the key to saving us from the worst case scenario. As long as they stand firm and force us to piss everyone off then we get no lovely us trade deal. If they buckle for some reason we lose the NHS and food quality standards.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nephthys posted:

The US loving loves the ra.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

communism bitch posted:

lol

So my dea dear sister's birthday is tomorrow and has asked that instead of giving her gifts we donate to a fundraiser she is doing. Which is all very nice, but she's raising money for PETA UK. I don't want to be a dickhead to my sister but I also don't want to give money to those wankers. What do?

https://youtu.be/YwqWbfK9TXA

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nephthys posted:

It's a bit of a moot point cause Trump is just going to utterly gently caress any possible trade deal regardless

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/09/hunt...cution-8120833/

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's interesting because the Irish potentially hold the key to saving us from the worst case scenario. As long as they stand firm and force us to piss everyone off then we get no lovely us trade deal. If they buckle for some reason we lose the NHS and food quality standards.

Did you ever deign to explain why you were banned, or do we just continue on the basis that you're a racist and can be ignored?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a bit of a moot point cause Trump is just going to utterly gently caress any possible trade deal regardless

Our plan is to just throw open the trade barriers and just zero-tariff everything so they don't even need to make one

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Qwertycoatl posted:

If only these people had had access to chicken boxes that said #knifefree, the tragedy may have been averted
Probably the same success rate as the cigarette packets that tell you to stop smoking or they'll shoot your loving cock off.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that looks more like the james bond intro

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

*Sharpens a point on his chicken bone*

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

baka kaba posted:

that looks more like the james bond intro

That's how they plan to retire the old male 007 before introducing the new one. Solid metaphor.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Regarde Aduck posted:

Not sure the Tintower tactic of just continuing to ignore the elephant in the room will work.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder if it's a coincidence that the jobcentre are putting me on an SIA course or whether they're anticipating a rise in the need for security staff.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Apparently Sarah Wollaston is loving off to the Lib Dems, the natural home of the CUK.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1161717966301466626?s=20

forkboy84 posted:

Not sure the Tintower tactic of just continuing to ignore the elephant in the room will work.

Not sure it ever worked for Tintower either :v:

Edit:

Azza Bamboo posted:

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the jobcentre are putting me on an SIA course or whether they're anticipating a rise in the need for security staff.

They love loving you onto those courses because it means they can say you've got a qualification for poo poo jobs nobody wants that are usually some level of self employment. Once you're self employed you're counted as working for the stats, even if you do gently caress all actual business.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Apparently Sarah Wollaston is loving off to the Lib Dems, the natural home of the CUK.

:laffo: do they even have any MPs left? rip them (again)

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Not sure it ever worked for Tintower either :v:

nah, in terms of stopping them from posting in here any more I’d call it a rousing success

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I noticed a good friend of mine has a Lib Dem badge on her satchel, so we chatted about that. I have no chance of converting her but she was a good laugh about it. Apparently everyone in the local Lib Dem scene thinks Chukka is a disgrace and that they only regard him insofar as he is a parliamentary vote on their whip.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Azza Bamboo posted:

I noticed a good friend of mine has a Lib Dem badge on her satchel, so we chatted about that. I have no chance of converting her but she was a good laugh about it. Apparently everyone in the local Lib Dem scene thinks Chukka is a disgrace and that they only regard him insofar as he is a parliamentary vote on their whip.

Much like how he was regarded in Labour then lol

Julio Cruz posted:

nah, in terms of stopping them from posting in here any more I’d call it a rousing success

Oh it was a rousing success, just not for TinTower

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

The comment section is people defending hunting with stuff like "My mate a Lorry driver and a nurse they hunt and they're not posh"

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Azza Bamboo posted:

You mean he's NOT the UKs very own Obama?!?

:psypop:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Junior G-man posted:

You mean he's NOT the UKs very own Obama?!?

:psypop:

whoever edited that into his Wikipedia article from a Palace of Westminster IP address must be feeling pretty stupid right now

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I asked this a while back, but does anyone have an article or a book about why our media landscape is so poo poo?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Josef bugman posted:

I asked this a while back, but does anyone have an article or a book about why our media landscape is so poo poo?

All you need is a picture

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
post the one of the pouty stomach maw

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
oh yeah drat that one is way better

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Sorry I should clarify that a bit more: Why are our political commentators within our media landscape so poo poo?

Like, why is it that none of them have any sort of long term nuance to their thinking? Why do they get continually blindsided by things?

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Josef bugman posted:

I dont know any books or studys about this but i figure its because if they informed us correctly then the whole thing gets burnt down rapid?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Josef bugman posted:

Specifically in the UK, or in general?

Manufacturing Consent is very good on the role the media play as purveyors of state propaganda

Josef bugman posted:

Sorry I should clarify that a bit more: Why are our political commentators within our media landscape so poo poo?

Like, why is it that none of them have any sort of long term nuance to their thinking? Why do they get continually blindsided by things?

Because their job is to make it seem like no one could possibly predict the results of flaws inherent in our economic and political systems. Financial crises aren't the expected outcome of capitalism, they're a freak occurrence no one could see coming.

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Josef bugman posted:

They don't give a poo poo, they're making GBS threads out articles as fast as possible to get the clicks.

Journalistic integrity has been dead for a long, long time