Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

have heard that, it's really good.

i meant the australian case tho. read up about it dude, that poo poo is terrifying.

ahhhhhhhhhhh wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

More infuriating than mcmegans fire sprinkler column?

(The one where she justified the mass death of Grenfell)

Oh yeah, that one was pretty special too. Different types of nauseating, I guess...

Also Goons in Platoons needs to be renamed, "I majored in GUN at ARMY."

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Majorian posted:

I majored in GUN at ARMY

it's also exactly 24 characters if you want that to be your new username

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Victory Position posted:

it's also exactly 24 characters if you want that to be your new username

mods please

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
That Biden supercut is brutal stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gh0stpinballa posted:

have heard that, it's really good.

i meant the australian case tho. read up about it dude, that poo poo is terrifying.

I think Casefiles did some episodes on it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Homeless Friend posted:

That Biden supercut is brutal stuff

Tbh I don't even count his stuttering because he's always had that and has fought to control it. But the dude slurs his words a lot

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

We're at a point where nick has a more measured and grounded take on Epstein than matt.

When Matt said "Epstein isn't a real person," I was expecting some take like Baudrillard's "The Gulf War Did Not Take Place." But no, Matt was literally saying Epstein isn't an actual person.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

When Matt said "Epstein isn't a real person," I was expecting some take like Baudrillard's "The Gulf War Did Not Take Place." But no, Matt was literally saying Epstein isn't an actual person.

He was going for a Baudrillard-type take. "Jeffrey Epstein", for all intents and purposes, is just a name that's meant to individualize the human trafficking network he ostensibly ran. Whenever a transaction needed to happen, "Epstein" would be one of the names on whatever documents needed to be produced. That doesn't mean that Jeffrey Epstein wasn't killed by whichever assassin got to him first, but he wasn't necessarily "Jeffrey Epstein".

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 01:34 on Aug 14, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

He was going for a Baudrillard-type take. "Jeffrey Epstein", for all intents and purposes, is just a name that's meant to individualize the human trafficking network he ostensibly ran. Whenever ever a transaction needed to happen, "Epstein" would be one of the names on whatever documents needed to be produced. That doesn't mean that Jeffrey Epstein wasn't killed by whichever assassin got to him first, but he wasn't necessarily "Jeffrey Epstein".

I think this is the take that makes the most sense, given how obviously he was groomed for the position and his multiple rich benefactors.

Now that doesn't mean that he was some meat puppet who had no will of his own, he very obviously was into it and genuinely socialized with the rich and powerful. In the grand scheme of things though hes just an upscaled and more illicit version of the DC madame.

As an aside I was wondering why Trump is acting the way he is in regards to the Epstein stuff and I think I have the answer: He thinks Qanon is real.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

As an aside I was wondering why Trump is acting the way he is in regards to the Epstein stuff and I think I have the answer: He thinks Qanon is real.

A good angle is that while QAnon people think that Trump is Q, Trump is, in fact, also waiting for Godot Q

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Majorian posted:

Superb Chapo ep today. That pro-Biden CNN piece is one of the most infuriating things they’ve read on the show, IMO.

jesus christ. every time i think ive desensitized to the naked bias and dishonesty that came out in the 2016 primary something like this collides directly into my skull

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
:aaaaa:
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1161686881370804224?s=19

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

oh, the millenial comedian guy? i think he's just some mixture of wannabe and hanger-on, like shapiro

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The only thing sweeter than Bernie's (frankly inevitable) victory would be the DNC and lib media succeeding in their goal of pushing Biden via monkey paw - at the expense of losing 90% of the electorate - and getting promptly and mercilessly owned by Trump. And then disintegrating as a national party because lol if anyone actually believes they'll be allowed to continue to exist.

Imagine the debates. Biden starts to stutter and Trump immediately mocks him like he did that disabled journalist. Dems cry foul while Trump's numbers soar. America deserves this outcome.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Deified Data posted:

The only thing sweeter than Bernie's (frankly inevitable) victory would be the DNC and lib media succeeding in their goal of pushing Biden via monkey paw - at the expense of losing 90% of the electorate - and getting promptly and mercilessly owned by Trump. And then disintegrating as a national party because lol if anyone actually believes they'll be allowed to continue to exist.

surely THIS catastrophic failure will end the democratic party

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

cast your eyes down into this valley, see the teeming masses that bray and squeal into the night?

there, down there, is the Bernie thread. *music swells, sunburst, fade into white*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I just want to see Biden and Trump debate, it's just unfair that that reality be potentially closed to us.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

I just want to see Biden and Trump debate, it's just unfair that that reality be potentially closed to us.

just go to any nursing home for the same effect

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

who will be the dems' winfield scott

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
neither american party can fully be defeated and excised from politics because both are so entrenched, remember after Obama won and there was tons of gloating about the death of the Republican Party, demographics-are-destiny people both hailing a post-racial america while simultaneously believing that the democrats had locked in the non-white vote forever? people who ostensibly believe race is a social construct couldn't anticipate shifting notions of whiteness that might undo their unyielding belief that white people will dwindle and die off in the united states.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

just go to any nursing home for the same effect

its not the same without the whole world listening with me

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/spaventacular/status/1162073533545140231

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I was hoping for a brand new pile of slop for my run this evening. You disappoint me, Mr. Chapo.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I was hoping for a brand new pile of slop for my run this evening. You disappoint me, Mr. Chapo.

they finally have their live show from Des Moines up on the premium feed

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I like the trillbillies, but I wish their format was more structured. It feels like 99% of their content is them just sort of shooting the poo poo wherever the conversation takes them.

Well yeah, that's how life goes in middle America. Street Fight is the same way and it also rules

Anukis posted:

Ezra is the nadir of political analysis.

That's because they switched out Nick with a replacement!

If you notice him being less problematic that's why.

This is just the cycle of mental illness. At any given time, 25-75% of the extended crew is in some sort of situation or scenario and the remaining bunch are dormant.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
speaking of sex criminals and Dan Nainan, I just noticed this classic video got reposted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxpbQkJ3ic

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:drat:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

He enrolled in uc Santa Cruz because that's the only one he got into, but he was too square so he had to transfer to UCLA

Wait, is this a subtle joke? UCLA is one of the hardest public schools to get into, while UCSC is one of the easiest.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

has anyone figured out why they are telling us this?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, is this a subtle joke? UCLA is one of the hardest public schools to get into, while UCSC is one of the easiest.

and as we all know, the better you are at academics, the less square you are

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i say swears online posted:

and as we all know, the better you are at academics, the less square you are

that's not what i was addressing. i referring to how the poster said that ezra 'only' got into UCSC but then somehow went to UCLA which makes no sense

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mr Interweb posted:

UCSC is more of a party school, he was too square to enjoy the place and applied to transfer to UCLA after a year, hth

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

my sympathies to the guy being stabbed to death in the crowd for the entire duration of the chapo iowa show

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

that's not what i was addressing. i referring to how the poster said that ezra 'only' got into UCSC but then somehow went to UCLA which makes no sense

It's a billion times easier to transfer into another UC school than apply to your first choice and get in freshman year

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

my sympathies to the guy being stabbed to death in the crowd for the entire duration of the chapo iowa show

That was the star of this year's state fair, a new genetically engineered chicken-human hybrid.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/notbinIaden/status/1162450094144155648

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'd buy this

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

anyone know where a broke fellow could get a bootleg war nerd feed

Adbot