Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

We won't support Corbyn because he can't command a majority because we won't support Corbyn because he can't command a majority because we...

Also "Corbyn can't get a majority in the Commons without a GE, but we don't want to support a GE so that the arithmetic changes".

Lol that the LDs were trying so hard to reclaim credibility and get some new seats, and now are showing they'll happily ensure a no deal if the alternative is Corbyn. Then again they're so untrustworthy that maybe this should be interpreted as a full throated commitment to a Corbyn government. :clegg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Watch all the centrists start sweating and tugging their collars over No Deal versus anti-Semitic Corbyn. This will be a thing.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
They'll still blame him whatever happens. It'll always be his fault and there's nothing you can do to change their minds about that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Samovar posted:

"A nonsense"?
That's what Prince Andrew's butler is called now.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

I think you're all overthinking it. We can't have a serious discussion because we're not entirely serious beings. We have an emotional, perhaps even animal, element to us that needs to be acknowledged and utilised.

Tired: look how sensible my policies are.
Wired: guillotine kills the capitalists.

Just think how easy it is to derail a smart conversation with chest beating and memes vs how it is to try and get someone hellbent on shitposting to have an opinion. Yes on a "civilised" level it's morally wrong but this isn't ethics class, it's how to get as many apes as possible to get off their rear end and put a pencil cross in a box.

And this is why our species is doomed.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah the person not promoting fat-shaming is definitely the disgusting one

Regardless of anything else your are an annoying gently caress oval office.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://dorseteye.com/i-wonder-how-many-labour-members-after-reading-this-report-will-still-think-watson-belongs-in-the-labour-party/

quote:

I wonder how many Labour members, after reading this report, will still think Watson belongs in the Labour Party?

As this was an extensive study covering Watson’s record over a period of 2 decades, I’ve taken the liberty of condensing it down to all the examples where he’s either voted against, or abstained from voting for, Labour policies. From my findings, this approximates to about 30% of all votes.

Key areas of deviance…

• Frequently abstains on funding & support for public services and social care
• Frequently abstains on proposals to combat violence against women
• Appears not to support Women’s equality issues
• Abstained on proposals to write off child support arrears
• Abstained from supporting measures to address the concerns of WASPI women
• Repeatedly demonstrates a lack of support for Trade Unions
• Supports foreign wars
• Does not supporting investigations into illegal wars
• Does not support favouring jobs for public sector operators
• Does not support refugee family reunion and abstained to support refugee children being brought over on the Dubs scheme
• Abstained on most matters concerning Tax Avoidance & proposals to investigate banking industries
• Generally abstains on proposals to increase taxes on banks
• Abstained from supporting an increase in central government finance for councils.
• Abstained on a proposal to increase taxation of Private Finance Initiative Companies deemed to be making Excess Profits
• Tends to abstain on most measures to address inequalities experience by people with different levels of income or who belong to a minority grouping.
• Abstains on proposals to investigate Real Estate Investment Trusts
• Frequently abstains on any proposals to increase tax on high income earners.
• Abstains on bills that’s aim to address serious issues concerning mental health patients
• Abstained on a vote to reverse reductions to the work allowance element of universal credit and employment & support allowance
• Abstained on a motion calling on the Government to reverse its decision to cut tax credits
• Abstained on a proposal to increase certain benefits, payments and tax credits so that they would be in line with inflation.
• Demonstrates a lack of interest in attempts to reform the Health and Social Care act or in attempts to reveal the effect of outsourcing and privatisation in the NHS.
• Abstains on proposals to produce reports on the sufficiency of social care funding or even to call on MPs to reflect official treasury spending statistics when making public statements on health spending.
• Didn’t support allowing Clinical Commissioning Groups having an input in arrangements offered by health service providers.
• Abstained on a vote to drop the 2012 Health and Social Care Bill
• Abstains on a significant number of Brexit motions including a number that outline post Brexit arrangements with (and regulation of) financial services organisations, employment rights, investment fund regulation and UK Immigration Controls for EU Citizens for example.
• Watson did not vote to remain in the EU during the parliamentary vote in June 2016
• Watson abstained from supporting restrictions on the Ivory trade.
• He consistently avoids voting on any proposal to bring in taxation and other remedial measures that would benefit British businesses
• He consistently avoids voting on any proposals to tackle dodgy Landlords and abstains from voting on any measures that could address homelessness and rough sleeping.
• He recently abstained from supporting a bill that required UK secondary legislation to extend same-sex marriage to Northern Ireland.
• Watson also abstained on a vote to ban MPs Holding Paid Directorships and Consultancies.

Full report below…

https://www.dropbox.com/%85/Watson%20v%20Corbyn%20differences%85

Koser Saeed

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

We already know that Corbyn keeps Watson around because he can hardly complain about someone not following the party line.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

We already know that Corbyn keeps Watson around because he can hardly complain about someone not following the party line.

Corbyn followed the party line over 85% of the time. In the oft quoted time period where he voted against the whip about 500 times, he voted WITH it over 3100 times. (I did download all his votes for about 20 years and do the exact calculation a couple of years ago but have since lost the spreadsheet).

Ed. Also it's not within Corbyn's gift to get rid of Watson. There needs to be a formal challenge and a procedure involving a certain % of votes which I can't recall off hand - but similar to leadership challenges.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 15, 2019

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It does seem odd how little Watson seems to do.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Is he sort of what John Prescott used to be? Because there would be precedent for being not entirely politically congruent with the leadership of the party and also being visible but out of the way and doing nothing at the same time.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is he sort of what John Prescott used to be? Because there would be precedent for being not entirely politically congruent with the leadership of the party and also being visible but out of the way and doing nothing at the same time.

I don't think Prescott was continually briefing against Blair (though I wish he had been)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah I suppose not.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1161912696062840832?s=19

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

We won't support Corbyn because he can't command a majority because we won't support Corbyn because he can't command a majority because we...

Also "Corbyn can't get a majority in the Commons without a GE, but we don't want to support a GE so that the arithmetic changes".

Lol that the LDs were trying so hard to reclaim credibility and get some new seats, and now are showing they'll happily ensure a no deal if the alternative is Corbyn. Then again they're so untrustworthy that maybe this should be interpreted as a full throated commitment to a Corbyn government. :clegg:

Lib dems are against a GE because they have like 10 MPs now who defected from other parties are are nearly certain to lose their seat next election.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It's like a dozen MPs, for all the noise they make getting the SNP is much more important.

Also;
https://twitter.com/TheTrashiesUK/status/1161892721986027521?s=19

I love you, byline monkey.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

He’s busy wasting police time by giving credence to the stories of a pedophile fantasists while also peering through history trying to find times Corbyn said “Hitler was right ” out loud rather than just in his head so that Tom Watson can personally solve the antisemitism crisis.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

He’s busy wasting police time by giving credence to the stories of a pedophile fantasists

Not sure that’s the hill you want to die on right now.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
God I wish the Lib Dems would just gently caress off. They're just so... Annoying. In a way that even the lunatic fringe of the Brexit camp just aren't. I'd genuinely rather go for a drink with a kipper than a lib dem. Ugh

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

I don’t want to reignite nonsense, but Julio, you need to step away from the vampire castle, big time.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Josef bugman posted:

This is violence against gamers, the true oppressed class

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Jakabite posted:

God I wish the Lib Dems would just gently caress off. They're just so... Annoying. In a way that even the lunatic fringe of the Brexit camp just aren't. I'd genuinely rather go for a drink with a kipper than a lib dem. Ugh

Not sure about that last one, champ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's a nonsense premise anyway, Lib Dems don't go to pubs. They have dinner parties where they can talk about how they "didn't like Thatcher but she saved the country" without getting glassed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jakabite posted:

Me too.

If only so one could accidentally do a Socrates with their drink.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1161902442247852032?s=19

Hahahahaha

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Anna_Soubry/status/1161752950571708416

lol they forgot the CUKs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1161924659459371009?s=19

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

'forgot'

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

The feeling when I see things like this and realise my brain is irreparably broken.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Imagine forgetting about Miwky Mike Gapes

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Apraxin posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1161767206956490752
https://mobile.twitter.com/Arron_banks/status/1161755511148208129
Just saying it would be really funny and cool if this child i don’t like died, now the humourless lefties are attacking me.

It wasn't a very good joke since yachting accidents often happen in june

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao the us is trying to block the release of the Iranian tanker we seized

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Samovar posted:

Me too.

If only so one could accidentally do a Socrates with their drink.

Luv too wish death on political opponents

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
same, it's cathartic and let's be honest they deserve it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are we talking about the little girl on the boat?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

'Accidents'

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Vlex posted:

Not sure about that last one, champ.

Kippers are probably worse people but they're not quite as irritating as Lib Dems

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

radmonger posted:

Not sure that’s the hill you want to die on right now.

I mean, politicians are not elected to, and it’s not their job to, involve themselves with criminal investigations. Regardless of the guys claims and later eventual guilt due to his own crimes, it’s the police job to investigate and determine the credibility of the claims... not Tom Watson.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Kippers are probably worse people but they're not quite as irritating as Lib Dems

I'm still not with you on this one, but then I'm a brash and outspoken person IRL, so I (metaphorically) bowl over your average chino-and-fleece wearing LD. Brexiteers I'm far more likely to get into a shouting match with, and despite my personality, I'm actually conflict-averse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Vlex posted:

I'm still not with you on this one, but then I'm a brash and outspoken person IRL, so I (metaphorically) bowl over your average chino-and-fleece wearing LD. Brexiteers I'm far more likely to get into a shouting match with, and despite my personality, I'm actually conflict-averse.

My my aren't you a little pixie dream girl - brash and outspoken and conflict averse?

For a lot of people brexiteers are family members who they do go to the pub and have a drink with, who agree that there are problems but disagree on causes and solutions. While LD voters are elites who want status quo at all costs