Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Higher torment levels have higher chances of ancients, right? Up to 10% at TX or something.

e:gambling and forging is always at 10% iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Indirectly... higher difficulties have higher chances at legendaries. More legendaries means more chances at an ancient/primal. Difficulty does not affect the chance that a legendary that drops rolls ancient/primal.

The best route to farming ancients/primals is doing the highest level grift you can do within 2-4 minutes. You do normal rifts for keys/gold, and bounties for mats.

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 13, 2019

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Star Man posted:

I thought the development of that game was outsourced.

I was primarily joking. I'm genuinely hoping that D3 support is drawing down so that D4's development is getting all the people.

Immortal is its own joke. The 'outsource' are people that already made a 'Diablo-insipired' (read: ripoff) phone game, so Bliz-Acti, with a dick fully engorged with the blood of shareholders looking to get rich off of micropayment revenues, just want them to turn their rip-off assets into actual assets.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

OK, let me put it this way...

gently caress Cosmetics. I want itemization updates.

That is going to fall under the choose nothing option.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

OK, let me put it this way...

gently caress Cosmetics. I want itemization updates.

Apparently you get your wish.

quote:

Since the addition of themed Seasons, Season 16 was one of the most popular Seasons overall, with Season 17 showing similar participation. On PC alone, we saw nearly as many people return for Season 16 as Season 12, the first Season in which the Necromancer was available. We've heard your feedback about wanting new ways to play and to change up your gameplay experience. Based on your positive feedback and increased participation in Themed Seasons, we think we are moving in the right direction. Continue to let us know how we can make your adventures even better!

Our crew is hard at work crafting additional Themed Seasons, a new set for each class, dozens of Legendary powers, and some class balance changes. Quality of life and the occasional gameplay system updates are also within scope, as we evaluate how we can keep bringing new magic to the world of Sanctuary. These updates won’t arrive all at once, so if you don’t see something for your class right away, don’t worry; there’s something coming for everyone.

(emphasis mine)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That is both impressive and exciting to hear! Assuming they actually follow through.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

That is both impressive and exciting to hear! Assuming they actually follow through.

Yeah, that's valid - there's definitely an element of "they can promise a lot, but will they follow through", but poo poo, I'm still having fun with the game as-is (even after all these years), so if we do get these additions I'll be stoked, especially the new sets.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Huh. OK, whoever it is at ActiBlizzard that reads this thread, please also do the following:

exquisite tea posted:

They should turn RORG into a gem while they’re at it, that season was fun too.

Kyrosiris posted:

Grandeur of Sagacity
While benefiting from the six-piece bonus of any set, whenever a Death's Breath drops, there is a <RANK>% chance of doubling these drops. (Max rank: 100)
Rank 25 - Reduces the number of set items required to activate a set bonus by 1 (to a minimum of 2).

Something like that?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Glad they got the message, but wasn't it fairly obvious that gameplay changes and tweaks would get people excited?

New set for each class presumably means new armor models, which I really was not expecting.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Would be nice if they added some boots that went with the SWK set and shoulders that match IK etc.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rinkles posted:

New set for each class presumably means new armor models, which I really was not expecting.
They could reuse armor models. Some of the classic d3 stuff looks cool as heck and never really got used. They'd only really need one unique looking piece to an entire set. Or they could attach a bunch of crap to existing armor.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 14, 2019

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So I've done several greater rifts, I found Whimsydale and got like 100+ forgotten souls and death's breaths and can pretty easily farm on T3, what do I do with all the crafting mats I've got now? What's the next step for making my numbers go up?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Follow the season journey and get your 6 piece set, then the supporting legendaries. Get the cube, upgrade rare weapons, rinse and repeat til you get bored.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I like the new rumors!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

5er posted:

I like the new rumors!

It was Blizzard (literally) that posted the stuff above, unless you're talking about something else.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
is there a particularly good way to farm for Deaths Breaths?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

is there a particularly good way to farm for Deaths Breaths?

Nephalem Rifts will get you overflowing. (Not Greaters.) Alternately, run bounties and any time you pop a rainbow goblin, spend time cleaning up the land in their portal.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Play in a group and wear sages in t16. Get anywhere from 70-120 dbs per 2-3 minute run.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can get 8-10 DB's per elite if you can afford to wear Sage's and do T16.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s pretty impressive that every time I think the game is in a coma they come out and are like “actually here’s like a surprising amount of effort for a 10 year old game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Still no season end date yet, right? We got some newbies on xbox that don't quite see the appeal of seasonal mode yet, and I'm excited to show them the Light

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Season ends in 4 days.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dameius posted:

Season ends in 4 days.

Ah gently caress better get these dumb wings tonight then

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ah gently caress better get these dumb wings tonight then

Same. I only have 4 or so more achievements before I finish them all.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Same. I only have 4 or so more achievements before I finish them all.

at your pace, you're not getting the wings if you're just leaving/left torment 3. you could probably do it with help.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

what you're probably thinking of is the *first* stage of the journey. there are 9.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are on PC, I'll be playing this weekend and I'll help whoever get their whatever. I don't really have any goals for this season left and will just he burning rings and bardiches and ubers just because. Just speak up in LLJK.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Rinkles posted:

what you're probably thinking of is the *first* stage of the journey. there are 9.

Oh, poo poo you are right (finished through chapter 4 in my case. ) Well at least I got all the Haedrig's gifts. If I open them on a non-level 70 character, does the loot still come out as lvl 70? What about after the season is over?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

It was Blizzard (literally) that posted the stuff above, unless you're talking about something else.

When it gets done, it literally stops being a rumor.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

5er posted:

When it gets done, it literally stops being a rumor.

Wat

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Oh, poo poo you are right (finished through chapter 4 in my case. ) Well at least I got all the Haedrig's gifts. If I open them on a non-level 70 character, does the loot still come out as lvl 70? What about after the season is over?

The set should always be L70 gear yeah.

At the end of the season all your seasonal characters become non seasonal and your season stash contents are mailed to you. You don't lose any of it but each season is a fresh start.

mewse
May 2, 2006

New season information

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093786?linkId=100000007511666

The conquests are some of the easiest

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

mewse posted:

New season information

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093786?linkId=100000007511666

The conquests are some of the easiest

I like the sound of a belt being added to the Sage set. Now they should give us something that makes yellow mats drop at higher rates.

With the new torment levels, I had more than enough DBs this season, but I kept running short on yellow mats. The game loop of plundering white mats from the battlefield of eternity to convert them to yellows is now rivaling "blackthorne set piece drops" as my least favorite part of the game.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
Just got the game yesterday, and someone in general chat told me to not bother with this seasonal thing because it ends in a few days. Is that the right thing to do or should I just keep at it?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can kind of play around and just have fun/goof off I guess. But yeah your progress will be reset by the time next season starts (a week from this Friday).

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Divine Blob posted:

Just got the game yesterday, and someone in general chat told me to not bother with this seasonal thing because it ends in a few days. Is that the right thing to do or should I just keep at it?

Unless you’re extremely gung ho about the wings (which will, based on their current setup, show up again as a seasonal reward in the future), yeah it’s super not worth it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

McCoy Pauley posted:

I like the sound of a belt being added to the Sage set. Now they should give us something that makes yellow mats drop at higher rates.

With the new torment levels, I had more than enough DBs this season, but I kept running short on yellow mats. The game loop of plundering white mats from the battlefield of eternity to convert them to yellows is now rivaling "blackthorne set piece drops" as my least favorite part of the game.

Are you not just overflowing with veiled crystals from blood shards gambles?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Are you not just overflowing with veiled crystals from blood shards gambles?

Yup. But when I start using the cube to upgrade rares to legendaries, I always find myself running short on yellow mats (whereas the shortage used to be DBs). Farming white mats for yellow mats then becomes the boring exercise of the season. Hunting elites for DBs at least presents a little challenge -- hunting armor racks on the battlefield does not.

I can't complain all that much -- everything else is so vastly improved that this is the low hanging fruit I'm left complaining about. This, and the way elation turns to disappointment when a green drop turns out to be a Balckthorne piece.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I dont know why they didnt rework the blackthorne set for this patch. They reworked all the other garbo sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

They just need to tweak how many you get from salvaging. I always have way more whites and blues, but maybe I subconsciously pick them up less too?

Reality Sinner posted:

I dont know why they didnt rework the blackthorne set for this patch. They reworked all the other garbo sets.

Have to keep trollin'