Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Well, it's coming along.

Lil' Nuggles First Day at War was a fun idea I had while browsing on Hoard O' Bits (thanks for the recommendation!) and it was so silly I couldn't not do it. So as he stands he's a combination of Ork shootas, plague marines, chaos marines, blight kings and whatever kit the silly Nurglings come from. Right now he feels a little bland up top but I suppose I could sculpt some cables or something coming out the back of his head. I also clipped off the weird extra spike on the end of the bolter and replaced it with a bell.

The bolter itself is what happens when you get the fun idea to use the split fly head halves from the Blightking set and have to figure out a way to make it look good. I like to think it came out looking nice and John Blanche-y.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I really like that lightning scheme so if I ever get around to my retro pewter chaos terminators I'm absolutely doing that to recreate the 3rd edition scheme they were marketed with.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

JBP posted:

Thanks! Yeah the lightning is intentional and I'm going to do it across the army. I wanted the cape dark and it's got purples and reds through it

This is dope as hell, but I do think the cape gets a little lost because of how dark it and the armor both are. That might just be me though.

Fuckin love the armor and the lightning.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

JBP posted:

Thanks! Yeah the lightning is intentional and I'm going to do it across the army. I wanted the cape dark and it's got purples and reds through it

Loving the primaris lighting scheme my dude. I did a Night Lords 30k force a while ago and found that if you use the final brightest white highlights only in the joints or ends of the lighting it helps the other layers of the lighting pop more. Keep up the work dude it’s awesome.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Mr Teatime posted:

I finished painting a thing, real happy with how it came out. I think i've finally nailed down how I want to paint the rest of my death guard. Feedback always welcome!

The oxidation effects are :krad:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

To be fair, I find a full Ork boy mob (150+ boyz) great to see on the table, but miserable to play with or against.

As always the answer is Apocalypse.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Anidav posted:

Never played before. Just purchased because they look cool.

Of course you picked space communists.

of course

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

OhDearGodNo posted:

Hello Falchion bro :hfive:

I get so goddamn angry every time you post your army.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As always the answer is Apocalypse.

I only have 60 boyz assembled, and 40 of those painted. then about another 100 in various stages of ebay rescue.

Every time I look at finishing them my eyes gloss over.

I've leaned more into the Speed Freak style for my Orks. The green idiots' version of Mad Max is what pulled me to Orks originally anyway.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Floppychop posted:

I've leaned more into the Speed Freak style for my Orks. The green idiots' version of Mad Max is what pulled me to Orks originally anyway.

This is absolutely the best version of Orks.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

mango sentinel posted:

I’m so sorry thank you.

If I remember, you had some 30k 1k sons that used to make me insanely jealous so are we even?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Loving the primaris lighting scheme my dude. I did a Night Lords 30k force a while ago and found that if you use the final brightest white highlights only in the joints or ends of the lighting it helps the other layers of the lighting pop more. Keep up the work dude it’s awesome.

Those are rad. I really like the dark cloak. I feel like it bases the armour, then the armour is a tiny bit brighter, then the lightning. I think with basing it will look a bit more pronounced. I'm tempted to brighten it with another pass blending naggaroth night and evil suns scarlet again, but it looks really nice irl. When you move the model it kind of shimmers somehow and looks like heavy velvet. I like it.

Like in natural light it almost looks black, then you get closer and it's a holy poo poo moment. It worked better than I expected. He's very moody.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 16, 2019

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

OhDearGodNo posted:

I’m so sorry thank you.

If I remember, you had some 30k 1k sons that used to make me insanely jealous so are we even?

Nope not me.

Keep on trucking with your impossibly crisp white and red work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

I only have 60 boyz assembled, and 40 of those painted. then about another 100 in various stages of ebay rescue.

Every time I look at finishing them my eyes gloss over.

Boyz & Battlewagons is immensely satisfying.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

I'm just filled with envy. It's so clean, and those outriders :swoon:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Re-release of gorkamorka when?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Glory for the first man to die!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My initial idea for this purchase was to get a few robots and a squad of infantry and Tau apparently suck at melee so I want to have a big squad of dogs at the back to bubble wrap any melee advances.

I haven't bought the dogs yet but my idea of seeing some army try to melee Tau only to be mauled to death by 40 dogs is hilarious.

Not sure if it'll work I haven't even purchased the codex or rule book yet this is just entirely my imagination here of an army of robots protected by a dog swarm.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

My initial idea for this purchase was to get a few robots and a squad of infantry and Tau apparently suck at melee so I want to have a big squad of dogs at the back to bubble wrap any melee advances.

I haven't bought the dogs yet but my idea of seeing some army try to melee Tau only to be mauled to death by 40 dogs is hilarious.

Not sure if it'll work I haven't even purchased the codex or rule book yet this is just entirely my imagination here of an army of robots protected by a dog swarm.

You can also stagger out the gunline so you can have the dudes in melee (that survive) just fall back while the rest of the army annihilates the now flat footed close combat experts :(

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endman posted:

Glory for the first man to die!

Really good work =)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The invictor warsuit is pretty funny. The marine can pull his handgun in combat and fire it as a pistol 3 profile lol

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Anidav posted:

Also dogs are extremely good at grabbing objectives on turn 1, they’re pretty fast and cheap so you don’t need to worry about getting them out of position too much.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Looking at picking up a chaplain to try out with the new codex. Wondering which I should snag though. It's looking like the most practical option is using the +1to wound on a range unit, but some people seem super excited for the melee potential. Not sure whether or not I should grab a primaris chaplain to footslog or a jump pack to try the melee build. Alternatively, did Cassius grab any good buffs in the Smurfs supplement?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Anidav posted:

Prepare your rear end in a top hat for Finecast

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don't put finecast in your rear end in a top hat resin is toxic.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

That's why you have to prepare your rear end in a top hat first. I presume there's some sort of barrier creme? Asking for a friend.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its been out for a while but i think liquid green stuff would coat it nicely.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Vallejo flow improver is great for anything I've found

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Irate Tree posted:

Its been out for a while but i think liquid green stuff would coat it nicely.
Not likely. A slurry isn't going to be the most comfortable thing to use. :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hmm hounds are sold out in Brisbane.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Lil' Nuggles First Day at War

Nobody else mentioned this and that's a shame, this owns.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

JBP posted:

The invictor warsuit is pretty funny. The marine can pull his handgun in combat and fire it as a pistol 3 profile lol

for real? lmao

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Syncopated posted:

for real? lmao

Yeah. It's really growing on me.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
So deep striking turn 1 was a bad thing, so it got moved to turn 2.

Yet its ok for Space marines Invictor warsuits to have a mechanic which does just that.

Gw are back to being blatent about not caring about rules again.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So deep striking turn 1 was a bad thing, so it got moved to turn 2.

Yet its ok for Space marines Invictor warsuits to have a mechanic which does just that.

Gw are back to being blatent about not caring about rules again.

Drop pods are turn one now as well.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Well, it's coming along.

Rad.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Turns out y'all were right, black was a better option. Really like how this has turned out! Might go back and redo my old blood ravens in the new scheme now...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Teatime posted:

I finished painting a thing, real happy with how it came out. I think i've finally nailed down how I want to paint the rest of my death guard. Feedback always welcome!

I like the oozing blood, I might steal that.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Drop pods are turn one now as well.

Ok.

So, what's the general player reaction to these changes?

Am I just being salty, or is fair to say this new codex really really breaks the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What is an army but just a different way to break the rules.