Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

My GF got me a bunch of overpriced Lulu Lemon shorts with the liners and they roast my nuts like an open flame.

Anyone got an Amazon reco for comfy cheap tanks or basketball shorts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you don't train in shorts you're not really training.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ever trained in the nude?

It's very primal

and sexy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I already clip my boys too often while deadlifting. If they were hanging free it would be carnage.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Zzulu posted:

Ever trained in the nude?

It's very primal

and sexy

Where do you think I hang the weights from for weighted dips?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I wear $6 shorts from Walmart and whatever t-shirt I grab out of the closet at 5am in the dark. Shoes are whatever's closest to the door but I squat & deadlift in socks so it doesn't really matter?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Omnikin posted:

I wear $6 shorts from Walmart and whatever t-shirt I grab out of the closet at 5am in the dark. Shoes are whatever's closest to the door but I squat & deadlift in socks so it doesn't really matter?

For those of us in winter climate do not forget about the $6 fruit of the loom sweatpants, also available at walmart. For a tshirt i wear something ive gotten for free from a pub crawl, or a case of beer, or a supplement store. Paying for gym clothes is the height of foolishness

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah in winter I'll throw a pair of sweatpants/pajama pants over the gym shorts just to stay warm 'til the car heats up

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I'm depressed cuz work is slow so im eating sushi and salami for breakfast post workout meal today gently caress it

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Big Bizness posted:

My GF got me a bunch of overpriced Lulu Lemon shorts with the liners and they roast my nuts like an open flame.

Anyone got an Amazon reco for comfy cheap tanks or basketball shorts?

You're not wearing underwear underneath them are you?

Because what you're disparaging is the single greatest piece of workout apparel ever created.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

You're not wearing underwear underneath them are you?

Because what you're disparaging is the single greatest piece of workout apparel ever created.

Lol no but I did make that mistake the first few times.

Even wearing them as you're supposed to they just are too warm for me. Too much heat on my meat baby.

My gym also keeps it pretty warm so that doesn't help either.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Big Bizness posted:

Lol no but I did make that mistake the first few times.

Even wearing them as you're supposed to they just are too warm for me. Too much heat on my meat baby.

My gym also keeps it pretty warm so that doesn't help either.

Sorry they're not for you - Lululemon does also make un-lined shorts but to me T.H.E. Short with the liner is the absolute best thing I've ever worked out in and I've never felt so comfortable.

Oh heads up they're also incredibly generous with returns if you're not satisfied for any reason you can (usually) sweet talk the sales associate into giving you credit to try something else.

I think they're a great company, obviously.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Quality on them has gone so far downhill that they aren’t worth the hassle of doing the returns anymore

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So if one wears underwear any of these recommend shorts should be bought as unlined?

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
What’s up with guys who lug a giant gym bag with them whil they workout but never actually take anything out of it?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

the chief v2 posted:

What’s up with guys who lug a giant gym bag with them whil they workout but never actually take anything out of it?

Homeless person 🤷‍♂️

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I came up 5 lbs. short of all my all time press PR tonight. I haven't been training to lift heavy at all recently, so that suggests to me that I could hit a higher number if I were. Feeling pretty good right now.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Working in with a bro on the bench, all's well during the warm-ups and he tells me his shoulder finally feels pretty good (he's been having some troubles for like a year). When we get to 100kg he starts to complain about some shoulder pain, so I ask him how he usually train: "Oh, when I do bench I do 60kg, then 80kg, then 100kg, and I just blast out tens." Well, he starts blasting out tens, but have to stop a couple of reps short most sets because of his shoulder. He eventually stops while I continue benching. As he putters around among the cable machines he keeps complaining that his shoulder hurts and has a "weird pump". Never change, bro. I mean why not keep doing the same thing and expect new things to happen.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

bomb posted:

Homeless person 🤷‍♂️

M

the chief v2 posted:

Guys that wear a weights belt for the entirety of their workout, poo poo I’ve seen people on treadmills still wearing the loving things, I personally can’t wait to get mine off after I’m done squatting/deadlifting and even then I only use it for heavier weights.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Gaz2k21 posted:

Guys that wear a weights belt for the entirety of their workout, poo poo I’ve seen people on treadmills still wearing the loving things, I personally can’t wait to get mine off after I’m done squatting/deadlifting and even then I only use it for heavier weights.

You are probably also using it as it was intended i.e. having it tight enough that you can press against it as hard as possible to stabilize your core.

I saw a guy now a few times wearing his belt just comfily around his waist and then doing all his lifts with the smallest ROM possible. I don't think he broke over 90° when extending his arms when doing biceps curls.
One day I will ask him WTF he thinks he is training with that poo poo form. Because there is cheating a lift and then there is literally not even starting the lift properly.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I use a power armor to stabilize my core so i can lift bigger numbers

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Collapsing Farts posted:

You just added a new Equipped+ division in RPS

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Collapsing Farts posted:

loving baseline humans who don't know poo poo talking about how us Space Marines don't squat deep enough! Let's see you get a black carapace implanted and lift with the big boys and see you talk poo poo then!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Collapsing Farts posted:

I’m not training for the biggest raw squat bro, I’m training for the biggest squat period.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

feelix posted:

loving baseline humans who don't know poo poo talking about how us Space Marines don't squat deep enough! Let's see you get a black carapace implanted and lift with the big boys and see you talk poo poo then!

God there's a perfect Armor joke here and you don't even know it.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gaz2k21 posted:

My personal favorite is people with belts doing leg isolation machines.

I use an Inzer Forever for my higher squats/DLs and I imagine it's the closest I'll ever get to being a pretty pretty princess in a corset

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

You are probably also using it as it was intended i.e. having it tight enough that you can press against it as hard as possible to stabilize your core.

I saw a guy now a few times wearing his belt just comfily around his waist and then doing all his lifts with the smallest ROM possible. I don't think he broke over 90° when extending his arms when doing biceps curls.
One day I will ask him WTF he thinks he is training with that poo poo form. Because there is cheating a lift and then there is literally not even starting the lift properly.

Apparently mountain dog advocates for partials, but that's an extra volume thing, so you're still doing the other ROM with other exercises. Also heavy partial ROM lateral raises are supposed to be good but I keep forgetting to try them.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I saw a guy doing jump rope wearing a lifting belt the other day, not sure much can top that

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

MikeCrotch posted:

I saw a guy doing jump rope wearing a lifting belt the other day, not sure much can top that

I've seen someone wear a belt for a workout of decline walking on the treadmill, followed by the ski erg followed by laying on the floor.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I wear my belt whe nshitposting. huff ammonia too. it's a lot like my deadlift ritual, really

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I clap up chalk dust before I shitpost and I don’t use my hands.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nooneofconsequence posted:

Anyone tried their plant-based stuff? Trying to move away from cow products besides local milk.

I've tried some SunWarrior powders, and they were ok. Not great with just water, but fine with soy milk and one of those shaker cups with the metal mixing ball. For the past 4 months or so I've switched to some KOS powder (https://kos.com/). Tried the chocolate and vanilla, both of which tasted a little better than the sunwarrior to me. I like the vanilla a bit better, especially if you mix it with plain unsweetened soy milk and a bit of orange juice. I also drink it with just water sometimes, but it's always a bit gritty.

Also, poo poo, I think I lowtaxed my spine deadlifting on Tuesday. Nothing really hurt while I was doing sets, but my back felt a little shaky that day and about 15 min after I finished my last set it got really stiff and sore. Still hurts just to bend over and tie my shoes 5 days later, right where my spine meets my pelvis. Probably going to be stuck doing upper body only for a couple weeks... hope it's not a crushed disc
:negative:

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I never re-rack my weights. Unloading the bar makes for a little warmup the next time I'm in the (home) gym.

Went for a gambol in the local woods yesterday, tweaked my knee jumping over a fallen tree. Today I did some heavyish bench presses and now the pain has gone. :science: ?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

Also, poo poo, I think I lowtaxed my spine deadlifting on Tuesday. Nothing really hurt while I was doing sets, but my back felt a little shaky that day and about 15 min after I finished my last set it got really stiff and sore. Still hurts just to bend over and tie my shoes 5 days later, right where my spine meets my pelvis. Probably going to be stuck doing upper body only for a couple weeks... hope it's not a crushed disc

https://youtu.be/riq-DfDDimc

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

I've tried some SunWarrior powders, and they were ok. Not great with just water, but fine with soy milk and one of those shaker cups with the metal mixing ball. For the past 4 months or so I've switched to some KOS powder (https://kos.com/). Tried the chocolate and vanilla, both of which tasted a little better than the sunwarrior to me. I like the vanilla a bit better, especially if you mix it with plain unsweetened soy milk and a bit of orange juice. I also drink it with just water sometimes, but it's always a bit gritty.

I mean, I'm no doctor but that really just sounds like an average run of the mill back strain/sprain/what the gently caress ever. Could even just be tightness, even. I know when my low back and glutes get super tight, there's some nerves in the area that get a bit pissy. Happened to me quite a few times. Follow the advice in the previous video, and it should be noticeably better in a few days. If it still doesn't get better after all that, then consider a doctor of course.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

video told me to deadlift 500 lbs and now i'm dead, back injury solved

e: But yeah, I'm not super worried. I've hurt it before and it always got better on its own. This is the worst it's ever been, but I doubt it serious. Both of my parents and one of my grandparents ended up having disc repair/vertebrae fusion surgeries, so that's always nagging in the back of my mind. I actually used to get low back pain frequently before I started lifting about 2 years ago just from sitting in front of a computer all day every day, and it's been a lot better since I picked up a gym routine.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 18, 2019

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I can't remember how much detail he goes into in that video, but if you have access to some bands at home throw in some band good mornings for a few high rep sets here and there. dr drunk driver dad says to

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

RockyB posted:

I never re-rack my weights. Unloading the bar makes for a little warmup the next time I'm in the (home) gym.

This is smart but my inner ocd would never allow for it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So loving close to a 350 squat it’s annoying! Hit 345 today but 350 wasn’t gonna happen.

Started with singles at 290 and my previous best was 315.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Just go straight to 350 next time from 315 or 330 and you should get it.