Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

FMguru posted:

Let's check in on how the Trump administration is treating its supporters in America's agricultural sector:

https://twitter.com/ThinkingObservr/status/1161468273520717824

LOL.

Yes but there are gays in the city so it's a wash really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FMguru posted:

Let's check in on how the Trump administration is treating its supporters in America's agricultural sector:

https://twitter.com/ThinkingObservr/status/1161468273520717824

LOL.

lol, absolute perfect fodder for attacking Trump that probably only Bernie and maybe Warren will use

It's not even the best joke of its type!

"How does a farmer double his income? He gets a second mailbox!"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/katierogers/status/1162319542577745921

Would love to follow up with that rallygoer a year from now.

Also LOL at the thought of Donnie Good Deals getting one over on China and making all of us rich, rich, rich!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

FMguru posted:

Also LOL at the thought of Donnie Good Deals getting one over on China and making all of us rich, rich, rich!

my brother in law was at that rally. I've asked him how the trump presidency has materially improved his life in any way. I haven't heard back from him yet lol :(

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FMguru posted:

unless that dude is dead within the next year (entirely possible) there's no way he changes his vote, no matter what trump says / does. if you've ridden with him this far, you're past the point where any new information is going to change your behavior.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

my brother in law was at that rally. I've asked him how the trump presidency has materially improved his life in any way. I haven't heard back from him yet lol :(

When he's drinking beers with his Trumpy bros in the garage they get to high-5 over how those dirty Mexicans are getting stomped.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Freaking Crumbum posted:

unless that dude is dead within the next year (entirely possible) there's no way he changes his vote, no matter what trump says / does. if you've ridden with him this far, you're past the point where any new information is going to change your behavior.
Absolutely! But I'd like to hear him move the goalposts through some kind of hypercyclic n-dimensional submanifold brane in order to justify his continued support.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Zeroisanumber posted:

When he's drinking beers with his Trumpy bros in the garage they get to high-5 over how those dirty Mexicans are getting stomped.

seriously, it can only be he's getting off on "the right people" being punished.

he has 6 or 7 figures of medical debt from a motorcycle accident he had a year ago, works part time because he physically cant work fulltime yet, makes roughly half of what he should be paid per hour by some small business tyrants who said they cant afford to give him a raise and then go on 6 vacations a year, and lives at home with his parents, which is a good thing, honestly, because he helps take care of his dad who has a massive brain injury, but trump has in no way improved his life one iota. He is a giant gun guy who has a dumbass molon labe tattoo down his forearm and trump has done more to restrict gun rights 2 years than obama did in 8. he has no stocks, obviously, so it can only be racism, right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

I've made a couple people mad by predicting with 100% accuracy how much less their tax return was this year by taking how much more they got per paycheck after the tax cuts and multiplying by 26, then explaining that once again you just got an advance whereas the rich got dump trucks full of cash

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Eat This Glob posted:

seriously, it can only be he's getting off on "the right people" being punished.

he has 6 or 7 figures of medical debt from a motorcycle accident he had a year ago, works part time because he physically cant work fulltime yet, makes roughly half of what he should be paid per hour by some small business tyrants who said they cant afford to give him a raise and then go on 6 vacations a year, and lives at home with his parents, which is a good thing, honestly, because he helps take care of his dad who has a massive brain injury, but trump has in no way improved his life one iota. He is a giant gun guy who has a dumbass molon labe tattoo down his forearm and trump has done more to restrict gun rights 2 years than obama did in 8. he has no stocks, obviously, so it can only be racism, right?

in all of history, nobody, not one person, who is not a huge raging racist, has ever gotten a moron label tattoo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

He feels powerless and insignificant and Trump makes him feel powerful and significant. And racism.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Militant Lesbian posted:

in all of history, nobody, not one person, who is not a huge raging racist, has ever gotten a moron label tattoo

correct

Which is hilarious on two levels, the Spartans would have been extremely swarthy looking scary foreigners, and also the ancient Spartans were hella gay and would have considered guns the weapons of a coward peasant

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FMguru posted:

"All of my money is in the stock market" says white working class according to the NYT

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fools!

At that age, more than half should be bonds

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

He feels powerless and insignificant and Trump makes him feel powerful and significant. And racism.

yeah, that's gotta be it.

Militant Lesbian posted:

I'll concur. I have threatened to kick his rear end and then throw him out of my house had he said another racial epithet in it. He dropped a casual n-bomb about how his new car speakers didnt have good bass and therefore wouldn't bump my "n-word music" when I took it to the store. I have no idea what was going through his mind that I'd have nothing to say about that poo poo. He lived with my wife and I for a bit and I got him a job a few years back working for my good friend who is black. I can only assume he thought I thought naked racism is acceptable now that trump is president?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ElGroucho posted:

correct

Which is hilarious on two levels, the Spartans would have been extremely swarthy looking scary foreigners, and also the ancient Spartans were hella gay and would have considered guns the weapons of a coward peasant

The only good modern use of Molon Lave.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigoris_Afxentiou

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Grape posted:

The only good modern use of Molon Lave.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigoris_Afxentiou

is that what they said to mt etna ?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zeroisanumber posted:

And trump does that the same way every loving fascist does, it's never "you people are awesome" it's "everyone else sucks more than you do".

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Jel Shaker posted:

is that what they said to mt etna ?

The famous Greek vs British guerrilla conflict of Sicily.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, that's gotta be it.

I'll concur. I have threatened to kick his rear end and then throw him out of my house had he said another racial epithet in it. He dropped a casual n-bomb about how his new car speakers didnt have good bass and therefore wouldn't bump my "n-word music" when I took it to the store. I have no idea what was going through his mind that I'd have nothing to say about that poo poo. He lived with my wife and I for a bit and I got him a job a few years back working for my good friend who is black. I can only assume he thought I thought naked racism is acceptable now that trump is president?

Maybe try introducing him to Bernie? Bernie genuinely cares about average schmucks and I've seen him pull people away from Trump.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

ElGroucho posted:

Fools!

At that age, more than half should be bonds

But the inverted yield curve.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Maybe try introducing him to Bernie? Bernie genuinely cares about average schmucks and I've seen him pull people away from Trump.

he's kind of invested in trumpism at this point, but I wouldn't say it is impossible. I had my wife send him a copy of "new jim crow" last night since he is adamant systemic racism doesn't exist. he doesn't know it is coming, but there was a note included that I would give him $100 if he read the book and could make a fact based arguement (idiot loves shapiro) that systemic racism still doesn't exist. If he can open his eyes to agree he was wrong about one thing, maybe it'll snowball into realizing he's been conned and I could maybe get him on to bernie. God knows he has more medical debt than he can pay for in his lifetime and a bunch of student debt from the couple of stabs he took at college. if he's gone full fash, I'll just exercise him from my life

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can do nothing for your idiot relative, just exclude him from your life completely

Ghost his rear end

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i think that's what it is going to come down to, unfortunately

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Your life requires a chudectomy

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Set your brother on fire

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

i think that's what it is going to come down to, unfortunately

It's nice you're giving him ample opportunities to learn to not be a piece of poo poo before telling him to hit the bricks. I had to do it to my dad a few years ago it really loving sucks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Beat this Slob

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

FMguru posted:

President Trump please inflate dinar, we are dying

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
di-naah

TCE
Feb 26, 2016
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-supporter-whose-weight-he-mocked-after-mistaking-them-n1043286

lol of course the guy's still a fan

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
trump told him to kill himself by exhausting his limited energy exercising :galaxybrain:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

what deal? What is he even hoping for?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is there any reason at all that Xi can't just literally do nothing and wait Trump out as things get worse and worse for actual Americans, knowing that our government is incapable of helping non-rich people in any way and wouldn't be willing to do so even if it was?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Epic High Five posted:

is there any reason at all that Xi can't just literally do nothing and wait Trump out as things get worse and worse for actual Americans, knowing that our government is incapable of helping non-rich people in any way and wouldn't be willing to do so even if it was?

Mainly that the same is happening to the Chinese economy. It’s a game of chicken except they get to risk other people instead of themselves so they’re more likely to just shrug and say yeah, just crash, I don’t wanna look weak.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Xi is far smarter than Trump. But he is also a thin skinned egotist shithead as well like Trump is.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

https://www.theonion.com/fbi-uncovers-al-qaeda-plot-to-just-sit-back-and-enjoy-c-1819576375

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Xi's a more savvy operator than Trump is but he's got a lot of pressure coming from a lot of quarters and doesn't need economic troubles.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

i've always known that republicans were racist, but it wasn't until the 2012 election i realized just HOW racist they truly are. Rick Perry may seem like a joke nowadays, but during the primaries in 2011, the guy was a Republican god. He was governor of a red state whose economy was booming and supposed proof of Republican policies bringing forth prosperity, while also being very religious christian conservative. People who were disappointed with the field (especially with Romney) were ecstatic when Perry entered the race.

But all of the good will and star power he built up was completely obliterated when he said he he had no problem letting illegal immigrants go to public universities. The reaction from rightwing media and the base was quick and intense. His support absolutely cratered and he found himself at or near the bottom of the heap throughout the entire primary.

It was at that point that it really sinked in how vested in racial animus republicans truly were. Which is why i kind of feel like some of the mocking we do in threads like this is somewhat pointless. i mean, sure it's objectively hilarious to see republicans going bankrupt, losing their homes or dying. But all that seems to be besides the point. because the true destiny of republicans isn't so much to make their own lives better, but make their enemies lives worse. if they have to live on the streets eating from dumpsters, then so be it, as long as the muslins and blahs are right along side them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mr Interweb posted:

It was at that point that it really sinked in how vested in racial animus republicans truly were. Which is why i kind of feel like some of the mocking we do in threads like this is somewhat pointless. i mean, sure it's objectively hilarious to see republicans going bankrupt, losing their homes or dying. But all that seems to be besides the point. because the true destiny of republicans isn't so much to make their own lives better, but make their enemies lives worse. if they have to live on the streets eating from dumpsters, then so be it, as long as the muslins and blahs are right along side them

What?! EQUALITY with those people? No, they'd only be happy if they were eating from the gutter.