Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The dunks just keep coming. Absolutely hosed it lads

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1162303671994073089

edit: cat tax in which kebab is lolling at the LDs

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if I could make money with an app that gamifies religion, get you cheevos for observing effort intensive rites from various world religions. Just need a catchy name.

Jehovr, maybe.

An app for Catholics that tracks your location and if you're not in church on Sunday morning it notifies your priest;

Pokemon Go but instead of pokemons it guides you to pilgrimage sites and keeps track of how many bonus points you're received for entering heaven;

An app for Jews that crashes your phone when you try to use it on Saturdays;

I can go on

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Clearly talking about goats

Before he went vegan Jeremy Corbyn ate a goat curry with goat cheese on the side and this is why I can prove beyond doubt he’s a ragin antisemite.

On that note, does it feel like the “Labour is literally the next Hitler of antisemitism” seem to have dried up in the last week or so as they can focus on the Jeremy Corbyn plot to get instilled as life president by tricking people with a vonc?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
John McDonnell just invited me out for an Indian

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

u brexit ukip it posted:

An app for Catholics that tracks your location and if you're not in church on Sunday morning it notifies your priest;

Pokemon Go but instead of pokemons it guides you to pilgrimage sites and keeps track of how many bonus points you're received for entering heaven;

An app for Jews that crashes your phone when you try to use it on Saturdays;

I can go on
There's already a bunch of qibla finder apps for Muslims.

And far too many Shabbat clock apps. This is terrible for Jeremy Corbyn.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

:eyepoop:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Drone_Fragger posted:

Before he went vegan Jeremy Corbyn ate a goat curry with goat cheese on the side and this is why I can prove beyond doubt he’s a ragin antisemite.

On that note, does it feel like the “Labour is literally the next Hitler of antisemitism” seem to have dried up in the last week or so as they can focus on the Jeremy Corbyn plot to get instilled as life president by tricking people with a vonc?

On twitter once the centrist superstars wound their jaws back in at how badly they played it the return to form was 'but but but an antisemite PM is intolerable!', so I'd expect the rags to pick this up soon enough too.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Very sorry to interupt politic chat I'm guessing, but I accidentally just bought a family set of Showcase Cinema tickets under the assumption a coworker could use them, but No, the Liverpool Showcase is a fancy De Lux one now and the tickets can't be used.

Any goons live near one of those lovely Showcase and want some free cinema tickets, let me know

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Clearly talking about goats

The extra stupid thing is iirc this refers specifically to animals that are related to one another, so technically if you owned two completely unrelated cows you could eat the milk of one with the meat of the other and it would still be kosher. The effective blanket ban on meat + dairy combos is based off a relatively cautious judgement that with large scale industrial meat/dairy production you can never be absolutely certain that some of the mince in your burger isn't related to some of the milk in your cheese so you should err on the side of caution and avoid combining the two as a matter of course.

There's at least a kind of understandable moral reason for that one, and a lot of the dietary rules clearly did serve a hygiene/ethical function of some kind at one point. Stuff like not eating leavened bread or not shaving with a razor are very :confused: to me though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1162365720795209730?s=20

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

John McDonnell just invited me out for an Indian

Get big John pissed on cobra and show him Weetman posts

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's all bronze age tribalism, you can tell themmuns from us if there's a bunch of weird bullshit that we can't do.

Some of it is coincidentally good practice like not eating pork in the desert, but that's mostly because the tribes with "always eat week old shellfish" probably didn't last long.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Liberals love rules, so I'm sure they'll concede that thahahahaha

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ThomasPaine posted:

There's at least a kind of understandable moral reason for that one, and a lot of the dietary rules clearly did serve a hygiene/ethical function of some kind at one point. Stuff like not eating leavened bread or not shaving with a razor are very :confused: to me though.

Well this is interesting (about the leavened bread anyway). Amazing the things I get to google thanks to this thread.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cleaning-out-the-leaven-on-passover-in-body-and-spirit_b_2926509

quote:

The late Bible scholar Jacob Milgrom, in his commentary to Leviticus, explained that “Fermentation is equivalent to decay and corruption and for this reason is prohibited on the altar...” Leaven is a symbol of both death and life in that it smells like death and yet produces the growth of the bread or the beer or the wine. While it is acceptable for people to eat leaven during normal times, it is prohibited on the altar as an offering to God because God is life itself and death cannot be in God’s sanctuary. Thus leaven is not fit for sacrifice.

This means that during the week of Passover every Israelite home and the entire Land of Israel itself became one great altar to God, all without hametz. As a spiritual practice, abstaining from leaven for one week allows us, in this symbolic system, to attain a ritually higher state of connection to God.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And the LORD said to Moses, would it kill you to clean your gross loving fridge and oven while you're at it?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
People literally wishing death upon a 16 year old girl because she's an advocate for doing something about climate change.

Cool. Cool. Nice world we live in.

E: Oh and caterpillars person, our ones just came out of their chrysalis a couple of days ago. They poop out a load of what looks like blood (but is apparently butterfly meconium) just afterwards and my kid freaked out. Currently mine are chilling with some orange segments and we'll probably release them tomorrow as long as the weather isn't too terrible.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 16, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ThomasPaine posted:

The extra stupid thing is iirc this refers specifically to animals that are related to one another, so technically if you owned two completely unrelated cows you could eat the milk of one with the meat of the other and it would still be kosher. The effective blanket ban on meat + dairy combos is based off a relatively cautious judgement that with large scale industrial meat/dairy production you can never be absolutely certain that some of the mince in your burger isn't related to some of the milk in your cheese so you should err on the side of caution and avoid combining the two as a matter of course.

time to set up an orthodox meat and dairy farm where half of the labour is spent meticulously tracing the genealogy of the livestock. two star-crossed lover cows stare at each other longingly from different sides of the fence, knowing they can never do a shag

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Liberals love rules, so I'm sure they'll concede that thahahahaha

No, they'll just demand he stand down from the Labour leadership.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

TERRIFIED, I TELL YOU

https://twitter.com/DavePee/status/1162060914037862400

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Dave Pee

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Corbyn's Labour got 40% of the vote. That's the stupidest, most absolute batshit part of all of this. Not liking Corbyn is one thing, screeching that you don't like him and why doesn't he just quit when clearly a lot of people are just fine with him and clearly indicated as such is so nakedly self serving it's unreal.

Also the fact that they refuse to work with him in the interim when the whole point is to get an election. Just desperate clawing at power and openly demanding that Labour gently caress themselves over before an election from all quarters. gently caress every last one of them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

Get big John pissed on cobra and show him Weetman posts

big john hosed off his tits on tap carling and tweeting about how tweetman is a corncob

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

lol i got instantly suspended for calling ashcroft a oval office
Twitter seem to have decreed that oval office is the worst possible word you can use and that no amount of being british or australian is an excuse :v:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol at him doubling down and calling people triggered like the chuddy oval office he is

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

big john hosed off his tits on tap carling and tweeting about how tweetman is a corncob

I'll do my best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vagrant beggar in alley this morning. Had iPhone hidden in pocket. This city's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters, and the gutters are full of blood, and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the ethnics and coloured tinges will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper "Ok but only if we can add a 5p charge to plastic bags."

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

ThomasPaine posted:

Stuff like not eating leavened bread or not shaving with a razor are very :confused: to me though.

It was probably all about the lobbying even then.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I'll do my best.

are you actually going for a curry with john mcdonnell and if so how the gently caress did this happen

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

ThomasPaine posted:

are you actually going for a curry with john mcdonnell and if so how the gently caress did this happen

Lol

It's a fundraiser thing, not a date

E: i decided to get more involved with labour so i re-subscribed to all their email bullshit and then saw that invite for an Indian at a place just down the road from my home. Apparently there'll be a speech and a raffle

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Lol

I'm disappointed for you, could have been beautiful :(

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lol

E: i decided to get more involved with labour so i re-subscribed to all their email bullshit and then saw that invite for an Indian at a place just down the road from my home. Apparently there'll be a speech and a raffle

That sounds good as hell. All that ever happens with my CLP are meetings that always happen when I'm at work :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Just do a crime?

i cant even think doing crime is funny

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

write UP THE RA in the No box really small

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It doesn't say you can't put yes.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

bump_fn posted:

If you justify or glorify terrorist violence then you probably don't consider it terrorism, so the whole question breaks down.

e: comedy option - Yes! The British Army! Love 'ar brave boys

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Bardeh posted:

E: Oh and caterpillars person, our ones just came out of their chrysalis a couple of days ago. They poop out a load of what looks like blood (but is apparently butterfly meconium) just afterwards and my kid freaked out. Currently mine are chilling with some orange segments and we'll probably release them tomorrow as long as the weather isn't too terrible.
Hopefully having pics in the thread isn't too much, I can always stop if you want! Put mine in the cage yesterday, probably got a few days before they pop. The poop-meconium was a bit of a surprise at first, but the biggest freakout for me is always watching them and seeing them watch back with tiny eyes :tinfoil: Insects aren't supposed to have eyes that follow you! Best part: furry backs, watching them do the proboscis-join thing and eating. I am a child.

his full name is David Piss

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Look whose more organized than the UK.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190816/updated-no-deal-checklist-for-britons-in-france

It has a comprehensive list on what to do but this is one part to notice:

quote:

Firstly, Schengen Border Code rules mean that existing passports which were renewed early and therefore have over 10 years validity will no longer be valid right up to the expiry date written on the passport, but will be limited to the 10 years immediately after their issue date. For example, if your passport was renewed (under the old rules) 6 months before its expiry date, it would show a valid period of 10 years and 6 months. After Brexit day, you will effectively 'lose' the last 6 months validity, as third country nationals' passports must have been issued within the last 10 years. Note: this may affect you even if you don't travel - in order to remain a legal resident in France you need to make sure that the issue date on your passport is later than exactly 10 years before Brexit day.

Meaning if you have less than 6 months on your passport come October, you are hosed.
Wonder how many UKers know this.

Another funny thing to note, it links the UKs page on this too. The UKs page still lists March 29th as the leave date. Nice to see the gov is on the ball.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

bump_fn posted:

I think the anarchist cookbook is lite bedtime reading for children, so I’m putting “no” for this one.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

reminds me of that dude who was doing customs for a trip to Australia and they asked "Do you have a criminal conviction?" and when he said "Oh I didn't realise you still needed one." he got kicked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Look whose more organized than the UK.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190816/updated-no-deal-checklist-for-britons-in-france

It has a comprehensive list on what to do but this is one part to notice:

Meaning if you have less than 6 months on your passport come October, you are hosed.
Wonder how many UKers know this.

Another funny thing to note, it links the UKs page on this too. The UKs page still lists March 29th as the leave date. Nice to see the gov is on the ball.

Gonna be fun watching the sun reading gammons getting mad about being refused entry to Spain to visit their second home in Costa del sol because they don’t have a legally valid passport.