Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cumshitter posted:

the overstock CEO has been full brainworms for quite a while. he though wall street was gangstalking him and loving with the overstock share price and also at some point he had a plan of making some crazy super building where all overstock employees would work that was like a combination of a simcity arcology, the scientology super power center, and a peace energy vibrating geometric shape

or something like that, not too clear on the latter since it has been a while

does he have too many shares to get deposed by the board of directors or something bc he doesn't have the rabid fanbase and name-recognition that protects ol' musky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mcclay posted:

I don’t understand the ping meme. Someone please explain it for my tiny brain.

it's the sound metal makes when it cracks under stress, only it's your brain

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Also it's the sound a garand rifle makes each time you kill a fascist.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

does he have too many shares to get deposed by the board of directors or something bc he doesn't have the rabid fanbase and name-recognition that protects ol' musky

im not toof amiliar i just know hes one of those guys who is crazy enough to have one of those market analysis presentations out in the wild. like some investment group analyzed overstock and their conclusion was: "this company has potential if they would get rid of the crazy director. sort of like that olive garden presentation that leaked which had new management plans like "use salt when we boil water"

hes the founder so its likely he has a significant number of shares

also the naked short selling thing Dmitri mentioned seems to be accurate according to wikipedia. he did seem to take the paranoia a bit further though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he had to take a leave of absence at one point because of his hep-c.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Also it's the sound a garand rifle makes each time you kill a fascist.

Each time you kill eight fascists. :tfrxmas:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
https://twitter.com/leftkist/status/1162416221356040192?s=19

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the real fascism is when fascists get arrested for the crimes they definitely did

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uh excewse me Mr. Patriot's Prayuhr. I need tuh speak with yore manager.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This lady looks like a bleach blonde Yoko Ono to me for some reason.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/leftkist/status/1162419192743620608?s=20

The followup vid is incredible too.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

"So yuh know what yer doin?" *fart*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

their ideology is strong and powerful

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Jeesus christ this is entitlement manifested. No one can get a hold of a lot of people all of a sudden when we had long-standing plans? Well, they MUST be brushing us off and excuse me, you do not do that to patriotbabe1488

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Does not having the local dudes around make it more or less likely there's gonna be violence? I assume the imported weirdos were gonna take their cues from people like Gibson who was getting cop texts directing where and how to assault people without getting in trouble.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Does not having the local dudes around make it more or less likely there's gonna be violence? I assume the imported weirdos were gonna take their cues from people like Gibson who was getting cop texts directing where and how to assault people without getting in trouble.

Sounds like the fash groups are on the receiving end of a disruption campaign in the lead-up to the 17th.

Cops probably don't want another right-wing massacre all over the news.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

For these sorts of groups it was always a delicate PR dance to remain "Good ol boy' patriot clubs that blue collar and white collar law enforcement can raise a beer to" and avoid crossing into the "Gross internet weirds with manifestos and crazy eyes" zone.
And El Paso and all that seems to have shifted that discourse just enough for the time being.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Grape posted:

This lady looks like a bleach blonde Yoko Ono to me for some reason.

It's the eye makeup.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if i recall she lured a proud boy from massachusetts who sold his weight set and xbox to move to texas to shack up with her, and then she created a fake ex-girlfriend profile to ensare him in a cheating plot and exiled him to the west texas oil fields

really powerful

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this poo poo seems like it's almost turning into a patriot version of the fyre festival

where's ja rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZiN0O6tI8g

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Ja Wohl

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
People have been tense around here in anticipation of tomorrow but with all of this poo poo I'm feeling a lot better and getting glimmers of hope that tomorrow will just be an antifa party

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this poo poo seems like it's almost turning into a patriot version of the fyre festival

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

lmao

https://twitter.com/QrankTeeth/status/1162441536937844737

stay safe fellow portland comrades, i sure as hell will not be sitting at home scared tomorrow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the thing that scares me is that the ppd doesn't actually do weapons checks at these things, only for people who are carrying something that is obvious weapon and only for people who are decked in colors, plus the cops only really face the counterprotester side, so someone with a concealed holster could really do some serious damage before anyone even tried to stop them, not to mention someone easily being able to come in on the counterprotester side and start firing at peoples backs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1162449926468657158

more details on this guy. he was one of the handful of people mixed up with this, which was largely a gooftruppen but did have deranged people:

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1092987637458182145

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
As usual, some real Master Race physiognomy going on in that picture.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
dude's a spitting image of an ISIS recruit. he probably would've considered joining them

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

just saw an article from the Guardian saying the proud boys thing tomorrow will be 'the largest far right gathering of the Trump era'. Is that actually gonna be true? it seems like it's shaping up to be an organizational disaster on the part of the PB

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

a big part of me is hoping it shapes out to be like the last fash demonstration in portland where basically no one showed up and andy ngo got his rear end righteously kicked

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

that is an outstanding phrase to describe these people

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Bullfrog posted:

just saw an article from the Guardian saying the proud boys thing tomorrow will be 'the largest far right gathering of the Trump era'. Is that actually gonna be true? it seems like it's shaping up to be an organizational disaster on the part of the PB

Quick question. Will there be a counter-protest?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dante80 posted:

Quick question. Will there be a counter-protest?
https://twitter.com/PopMobPDX/status/1160579885846261765

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1162193169674657795

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Aug 16, 2019

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
They're dropping road barriers in Portland in preparation for the protests. Presumably to prevent another fascist drive-thru incident.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

many thanks, go people go!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I feel like this is as much because PP/PB/et al started explicitly talking about causing violence and hurting people without wrapping it up in chud talking points about freedom of speech or whatever as it is a response to El Paso

also it's interesting how the El Paso shooter basically just fell the gently caress off the face of the world media-wise but they're falling all over themselves to both sides the Dayton shooter while deadnaming/misgendering his brother

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

also it's interesting how the El Paso shooter basically just fell the gently caress off the face of the world media-wise but they're falling all over themselves to both sides the Dayton shooter while deadnaming/misgendering his brother

Yo I had this exact same feeling. I hate the whole "why isn't the media covering this!" cliche but the fact that there was a terrorist attack on immigrants that has already passed in the news cycle is really hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/alex_zee/status/1162458679758557184?s=19