Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm planning on joining a gym, so this is the day to do it I guess

Their bandcamp even has Devourment gym shorts, I honestly might grab a pair.

Some other new poo poo today:

Twilight Force is up on the usual platforms, cheesy power metal. As a quick aside their debut album is maybe my favorite PM album ever, the followup was plagued with terrible mixing, and this new one features a new vocalist from one of the iterations of Rhapsody that isn't Fabio.
Abysmal Lord, war metal. It's not fully up on BC but it is up on Spotify and I'd assume Apple/Google.
Diocletian, war metal. Up on all services.
Shadow of Intent, melodic symphonic deathcore. Up on all platforms, used to be a Halo themed dxc band but I guess this new one breaks away from that for a more horror focused influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've seen Shadow of Intent live, they're not bad at all.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Devourment gym shorts, dying fetus tank top, i can smell it now

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

AstroWhale posted:

This beauty came out today. Just look at the cover :allears:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4MfNBhKe3B7f4onYUHFRiU

Yeah, I would never have guessed that band name from the logo.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I have the Devourment sweatpants from a few years ago, for ignorant relaxation.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AstroWhale posted:

This beauty came out today. Just look at the cover :allears:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4MfNBhKe3B7f4onYUHFRiU

I like the pile of sticks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

spookygonk posted:

Yeah, I would never have guessed that band name from the logo.
I could just about make out "Cerebral", completely missed the second word and went "well that doesn't sound too brutal". :pseudo:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Maybe it's because I know it says Cerebral Rot, but I can pretty clearly read it. Another fun one I had to use MS Paint to draw out the letter for someone was Nightbringer's logo. WITTR's is also an absolute mess

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Semen Across Lips remains my favorite indecipherable logo

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizards new metal album is out. Anyone listening to it? It's pretty great.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

Maybe it's because I know it says Cerebral Rot, but I can pretty clearly read it. Another fun one I had to use MS Paint to draw out the letter for someone was Nightbringer's logo. WITTR's is also an absolute mess

Jared Dines has a fun video of him and his friend trying to guess band names based on logos, they even had to get a John Madden setup to try and draw out what they thought was going on. When they got to WITTR they both just dejectedly shouted "oh gently caress you"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jared Dines has a fun video of him and his friend trying to guess band names based on logos, they even had to get a John Madden setup to try and draw out what they thought was going on. When they got to WITTR they both just dejectedly shouted "oh gently caress you"

My favorite part of that was when they described the Cattle Decapitation logo as a visual representation of what Travis Ryan spits up on stage.

Speaking of metal gym clothes, apparently Nergal popped into a YMCA for a workout wearing a Darkthrone tanktop, and an employee confronted him and asked if he worships Jesus Christ.

They kicked him out. I realize it's a private organization but still pretty lovely and hypocritical. Jesus would've let Nergal pump iron with him.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
It's absolutely unreal how good and heavy 'Sculpted In Tyranny' from the new Devourment is. An absolute loving rager this is.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My favorite part of that was when they described the Cattle Decapitation logo as a visual representation of what Travis Ryan spits up on stage.

Speaking of metal gym clothes, apparently Nergal popped into a YMCA for a workout wearing a Darkthrone tanktop, and an employee confronted him and asked if he worships Jesus Christ.

They kicked him out. I realize it's a private organization but still pretty lovely and hypocritical. Jesus would've let Nergal pump iron with him.

Yesterday I go to this gas station that's literally right next to my apartment and I had my Profanatica shirt on, and the lady at the register asked me if they were heavy metal, to which I said yes. She just lit up and said "oh I'll be sure to tell my nephew that he loves heavy metal!" She then gushed about how Judas Priest is her favorite band and it was cool. That Speedway rules.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 16, 2019

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Digging this new Diocletian, esp the part on the first track where they just scream “WOLVES!! WOLVES!! WOLVES!!” for a bit

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

skasion posted:

Digging this new Diocletian, esp the part on the first track where they just scream “WOLVES!! WOLVES!! WOLVES!!” for a bit

It's really good. I loved Gesundrian but this sounds to me like a return to Doom Cult in the best way.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Looking forward to listening to the new Diocletian. Bought it this morning, but haven't gotten to it yet; been listening to Brainoil and new Devourment all day.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A TURGID FATSO posted:

It's absolutely unreal how good and heavy 'Sculpted In Tyranny' from the new Devourment is. An absolute loving rager this is.

Yesterday I go to this gas station that's literally right next to my apartment and I had my Profanatica shirt on, and the lady at the register asked me if they were heavy metal, to which I said yes. She just lit up and said "oh I'll be sure to tell my nephew that he loves heavy metal!" She then gushed about how Judas Priest is her favorite band and it was cool. That Speedway rules.

That lady rules, Judas Priest rules. Every time I go to a show my mom asks me who I'm seeing and one of these days it might actually be a band she's heard of

I have a patrol cap (think Fidel Castro's hat, but mine is black) with a Skinless patch on it and I got a compliment at a medical weed dispensary from a dude working there.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Years ago I was walking around a university campus in Massachusetts wearing a Silencer shirt, and a dude asked me if it was a Metallica shirt.

Turns out he just wanted to sell some weed. :keke:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The most recent shirt shenanigans I've had was coming out of a movie theater wearing my NSV shirt. Walking past a froyo place a couple dudes stopped me and said "woah man, I like your shirt," and I thought they knew Cryptopsy or at least something similar so I stopped to strike up a conversation. "God loves you anyways, man." Ya turns out he was a youth pastor hitting the streets camping a spot outside of the latest Marvel movie at the time. I'd like to think he didn't know the painting and thought John the Baptist was Jesus.

Other than that I was walking in to the gym wearing a Tankcrimes and I heard running behind me and a dude grabbed my shoulder and went "DUDE, is that Tankcrime RECORDS?" "Ya?" "Sweet, Cannabis Corpse rules," and then he brushed past me to the machines. Haven't seen him since.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Some old guys thought my Iron Raegan shirt was sincere and were happy to see a young guy faithful to the right wing cause

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I have that pink shirt that says "death metal" in front of a rainbow with sparkles and I get so many compliments about it it's crazy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have that pink shirt that says "death metal" in front of a rainbow with sparkles and I get so many compliments about it it's crazy.

I want that shirt

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Is it this it one? Looks great
https://www.shopgoodie.com/death-metal-rainbow-t-shirt/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Yeah that's the one. It owns.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I seriously might get it

I am also thinking of doing some hand painted back patches with lyrics on them, trying to think of some good ones

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not metal but once I was wearing a God Is an Astronaut shirt and an older lady asked me for directions somewhere. Then she thanked me and said “and God IS an astronaut.”

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I seriously might get it

I am also thinking of doing some hand painted back patches with lyrics on them, trying to think of some good ones

give em the ol

if you are false don't entry
because you'll be burned and died

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I seriously might get it

You call your metal black?
It’s just plastic lame and weak

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

if you are false don't entry

I tried to get this on a doormat once, but I could only order it in bulk. I have a sticker on my suitcase with it though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I was wearing a Deicide shirt once at target and this girl like, gives me the horns and was like "nice, I love them" but didn't want to say the band name out loud because she was walking her blind mother through the store. I smile, nod, give the horns and keep going and I overhear her telling her mom "oh, just a guy in a pink floyd shirt"... she obviously didn't want her mom to know she listened to death metal :D

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Nazzadan posted:

The most recent shirt shenanigans I've had was coming out of a movie theater wearing my NSV shirt. Walking past a froyo place a couple dudes stopped me and said "woah man, I like your shirt," and I thought they knew Cryptopsy or at least something similar so I stopped to strike up a conversation. "God loves you anyways, man." Ya turns out he was a youth pastor hitting the streets camping a spot outside of the latest Marvel movie at the time. I'd like to think he didn't know the painting and thought John the Baptist was Jesus.

I was gonna say, the cover of NSV is biblical in origin and didn’t he know his poo poo?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lifeglug posted:

I was gonna say, the cover of NSV is biblical in origin and didn’t he know his poo poo?

99% of those people never read the bible or do anything it says.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Man I'm about 8 listens in so far and the new Devourment is ace.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Lifeglug posted:

can you elaborate on this im interested

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

can you elaborate on this im interested

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herodias

It’s a painting of Herodias with the head of John the Baptist.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

skasion posted:

I don't really like it, if you compare it to doom cult the songs just feel much plainer and less memorable. but i wasn't very impressed by the new line up when i saw them live either.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Lifeglug posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herodias

It’s a painting of Herodias with the head of John the Baptist.

That's actually really interesting, I always assumed it was some generic blasphemy cover.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
One time someone working at Trader Joe's recognized my Dying Fetus shirt, he suggested I pick up the book Extremity Retained which is a pretty neat book with lots of anecdotes by musicians all through the history of death metal.

Good recommendation really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I saw some random guy in a Bathory shirt today and gave him the horns and a "gently caress yeah!" He smiled once he realized what I was saying.

Rented an apartment to a young couple from Tempe, and they'd actually heard of Gatecreeper despite not being metalheads because apparently the scene out there is really small.