Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Uranium posted:

trompyborea

shiiit that's a good one, might work it in there tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ahhh, the mysterious land of the flooded seed vaults to the NE

twoday
May 4, 2005

the correct latin would have been TERRA TRUMPIS I think

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Meet me at Trumpburg" and then just hang up and see if they guess right

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

Trump only cares about how things look so it deffo would be Trumpa or Trumpia

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

Land of Trump, with Trumpis being the genitive singular of the third declension noun (Trump, -is), so yeah, and it's nice to have PIS[S] in the word.

You could also translate "Trump" by going back through the etymology to French and Latin, but you might end up with Triumphus, which clearly isn't satisfying.

But in Old French, "tromper" is a verb that can mean "to deceive," which is why it makes sense to TROMP.

twoday
May 4, 2005

:golfclap:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ok that was an amazing turnaround

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i picked up a clemonsis shirt and was going to get a crackping but there aren't any in medium or large availible?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Did anyone receive stickers yet?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Trip report: towel better than expected

twoday
May 4, 2005

Are you dry now? That's all I'm liable for in this case, I think

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the biggest driest towel for the biggest wettest rear end

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So is Trump annexing Greenland or something? Once again, I sit beside the great piss river, wondering about the story behind a meme bobbing in the current

twoday
May 4, 2005

Having this thread be your primary source of news is commendable

Trump has been floating the idea of buying Greenland, which the US also proposed to Denmark in 1946. Both times Debmark said "lol no"

The actual quote this time was "he must be mad to think we'd sell it."

There is some high level meeting planned in Copenhagen with Pence and the Danish PM soon though, so who knows

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
we are definitely not selling Greenland no way not going to happen

*all of Greenland boards a ship back to Denmark in a month*

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

Having this thread be your primary source of news is commendable

Indeed, friend

I'm just starting to find occult symbolism and illuminated manuscripts just more relevant to understanding than some news site

Here for example is Canada's NYT, the Globe & Mail, writing an article on the.... Greenlandia Fur-chase? and the author 1. Uses Russia's invasion of Ukraine as an example of "this sort of thing"; 2. CONFUSES his ferry routes and cites the North-West one to the Soviet Union, instead of the NE Ferry Command route that used Greenland (and Labrador, Newfoundland, and Iceland) instead, which given the context he/she is clearly was thinking of; (NYT style copy editing there GG G&M) 3. Tries to stick something re the cold war but just brings up some dong's suggestion that America purchase Siberia from the Russians for a trillion dollars, and 4. OF COURSE Greenland would be put on a path to statehood, because there's no history of the US neglecting non-state territories or deliberately quashing such political progress when there's money to be made

twoday
May 4, 2005

trump's folley

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the epstein/moloch connection might make for weird memes too

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

we are definitely not selling Greenland no way not going to happen

*all of Greenland boards a ship back to Denmark in a month*

I mean if they don't go back we'll just slaughter most of them and make the rest live on a reservation

twoday
May 4, 2005

got any sevens posted:

the epstein/moloch connection might make for weird memes too

yeah I've been turning that over in my mind, it's very ripe for the book, but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The thing I can't get over with the pedo island temple is the fact they painted it to create the illusion of 3D depth. that whole island is beyond bizarre.

also, why is the dome and moloch statue that was on the temple roof gone now?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Might have something to with the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic passing almost directly over his island

https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/905034953829834752?s=20

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
there's no moloch statue, it was a pair of cockatoos

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twoday-internet-store.myshopify.com/products/leopards-eating-faces-shirt?variant=29012614053940

leopard shirts have been updated to include some in darker colors, as was requested by someone

twoday
May 4, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

i picked up a clemonsis shirt and was going to get a crackping but there aren't any in medium or large availible?

yeah, so the thing with that is, that I'm only allowed to have a certain number of the same product. And most of my shirts are the same product because they were the same type of shirt, made by the same t shirt company. So when I uploaded the crack ping shirt they made me pick a different t shirt brand. And I did, but apparently that one is not as well stocked as my initial choice.

I can make any t shirts in and color combo's that anyone wants, so if you still want a crack ping shirt I can make another one with a different shirt brand that exists in those sizes. Do you still want one?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for posters to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the forums, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Moderation and of IKs entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of posters requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all posters are created equal, except hamprince, that they are endowed by Lowtax with certain unalienable posts, that among these are trupm, trumo and donagard rolmp. — That to secure these posts, Moderators are instituted among forums, deriving their just powers from the consent of the posters, — That whenever any Form of Moderation becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the Posters to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Moderation, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Coolness and Goodness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Moderation long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that posters are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Moderation, and to provide new Mods for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of this Subforum; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Moderation. The history of the present Mod of D&D is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over this Subforum. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has probated crazy cloud for making good posts.

He has probated lastgirl for rightly calling for a bad poster to slam his head into a Car Door.

He has probated mormonpartyboat for some reasons.

He has probated raskolnikov for calling attention to the Laws of Moderation.

etc.

etc.

etc.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Mod, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our D&D brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to drive us to full-on fascism shut the gently caress up about polls and MSNBC level pedantry. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in Primaries, in Generals Friends.

We, therefore, the dumbest Poster in C-SPAM, in D&D, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Admin of the forums for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the Shitposters of these Forums, solemnly publish and declare, That this Subforum is, and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent Forum, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to Debate & Discussion, and that all moderative connection between them and the Forum of Debate & Discussion, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a Free and Independent Forum, they have full Power to post topmt, post carpet nichael's dad, post doinar tompmm, post bernie is the only choice, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Forums may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Nothing Matters, we mutually pledge to each other our Posts, our Probations, and our sacred Bans.

C-SPAM:

FLAVIUS AETASS

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

twoday posted:

yeah, so the thing with that is, that I'm only allowed to have a certain number of the same product. And most of my shirts are the same product because they were the same type of shirt, made by the same t shirt company. So when I uploaded the crack ping shirt they made me pick a different t shirt brand. And I did, but apparently that one is not as well stocked as my initial choice.

I can make any t shirts in and color combo's that anyone wants, so if you still want a crack ping shirt I can make another one with a different shirt brand that exists in those sizes. Do you still want one?

i do, yes, and i'm happy with red fabric with white lettering

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Jaguar Shirt looks really cool

the print is really big on there but it's hard to show the scale when it's been pulled over a chair

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

joseph smith: help my free market's defective

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Twoday, do you have an interest in Dutch Golden Age art? Who's your favorite Dutch painter?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Rembrandt was a fascinating character, Vermeer had a few tricks up his sleeve, Nicholas Maes made some haunting portraits, but my favorite is definitely Hieronymous Bosch. He's a bit earlier than the Golden Age though.

The Bruegels also had some good ones. One of my Bruegel faves is 99 Netherlandish Proverbs, especially in combination with the Wikipedia list that explains each proverb. I love that painting and often talk to people about it but all it does is prove that they can be uncultured jerks. And I've memorized all the proverbs and I've learned how to make myself and the museum less lonely by shouting 'em all. Two hours every morning with cool down. Then I draw.

twoday has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Aug 22, 2019

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I was looking for Icarus and I realized it's the wrong painting. What's up with the guy shooting a crossbow at pies on the roof?

twoday
May 4, 2005

The pies mean this:

The archer refers to the phrase, "De ene pijl de andere nazenden," which literally means "to shoot one arrow after another" and means something sort of like "adding insult to injury"

He could also refer to the phrase "zijn pijlen verschieten" which literally means using up all your arrows at once, which means something like "overpaying your hand"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Very few of these expressions are used anymore. My favorite one is

"Wie vuur eet schijt vonken"

"they who eat fire, also poo poo sparks"

It means, if you do something dangerous you shouldn't be surprised if it has a bad outcome

"you reap what you sow," perhaps?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
You should consider making a post about this in the Artdome thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890426) whose current prompt is "phrases taken literally." You should enter into the contest too!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

twoday posted:

Did anyone receive stickers yet?

yes the latvian post got them to me eventually

still deciding which local road sign to deface, will post pics when done

incidentally they are vibrant as hell, just rly beautiful

twoday
May 4, 2005

Were you the one who sent me a message about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

twoday posted:

Were you the one who sent me a message about it?

i don’t think so? it was like a month ago and i barely remember yesterday so uh lol

doesn’t sound like me tho, unless you stopped in nctv when i was there