Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sanford posted:

Looking for some help arguing with an ultra-centrist libdem here - does anyone have an up-to-date counter to "so why are Labour bombing in the polls if JC has played it so well over the past week"? I don't think I've seen any polls for about a fortnight.

The last poll I saw had Labour set to win by 4 or 5% but that was probably a fortnight ago now.

Just tell them that it's Corbyn or Brexit and if they choose Brexit there's not even a fag paper between them and Farage so they can gently caress right off.

August 19th, 1745 - Charles Stewart raises his standard at the West coast village of Glenfinnan, regarded as the start of the Second Jacobite Rebellion.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/1163335059383947265?s=19

It is a mystery

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Quick poll of people who do not like marmite: how many of you mixed it with butter, because you are not supposed to eat it straight.

Counterpoint, it is delicious straight, especially the extra aged stuff.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Jeremy vine is a prat.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Jollity Farm posted:

And you can get something similar in the soft drinks aisle of the supermarket for £2 or something. But that doesn't have the brand name or the attractive bottle (and the BBC isn't getting paid cash money to promote it, of course...even though they absolutely don't do advertising).

Is there? I really like seedlip (it has a very distinctive taste, not like any mixer etc) but of course it's insanely over inflated price, so alternatives would be great!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Jeremy vine is a prat.

His very voice causes rage in me from having to have R2 during lunch breaks, he enabled so many stupid opinions to be aired...

"People who use self-checkouts should be shot!"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1163187539823345664

No idea when the poll was conducted though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Jeremy vine is a prat.

Somehow Tim is the least ridiculous Vine.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ratjaculation posted:

His very voice causes rage in me from having to have R2 during lunch breaks, he enabled so many stupid opinions to be aired...

"People who use self-checkouts should be shot!"

I can't leave him switched on if I happen to be driving at the wrong time.

I think the time that crystallised it for me was when he had a debate between a brexiteer and a remainer and the remainer was a random member of the public who rang in and the brexiteer was Nigel Farage.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I refuse to believe that the LDs can command a fifth of the vote.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

He's appalled at these slanderous accusations leveled against his dearly departed good friend.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Yeah, this seems to be the only poll released since this farrago - however no data on when it was conducted, and it's comparing to July, before Boris took over with the usual new leader bounce and wall to wall propaganda boosting from the media.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No mate, or I'd probably have written that. I'm saying they do care about the consequences of no deal so when alls said and done I expect them to hold their nose and support a corbyn vonc and temporary government to get what they want which is avoiding no deal. The problem is I'm talking about the lib dems and dunno if I'm also talking about enough tories to make it work.

Ah right I get you.

You’d think libs would be used to holding their noses what with all the compromise they love doing :rolleye:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

mediadave posted:

wall to wall propaganda boosting from the media.

What media is boosting Boris as a good thing?

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Aramoro posted:

What media is boosting Boris as a good thing?

...pretty much all the print news media, for one?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/lunch_enjoyer/status/1163300491557822464

if only they had used this in the remain campaign we could have avoided all of this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/poltheoryother/status/1163121696225857537?s=20

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Lmao.

The levels of delusion are intense

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
no see once people realize they’re the Sensible Center their three MPs will win a majority in the commons

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/poltheoryother/status/1163124178876346369

Good grief

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Guardian wonder why they lose money. Wonder how much that tit Freedland gets paid to be wrong.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

Looking for some help arguing with an ultra-centrist libdem here - does anyone have an up-to-date counter to "so why are Labour bombing in the polls if JC has played it so well over the past week"? I don't think I've seen any polls for about a fortnight.

Remember how much Labour were bombing in the polls before the last GE?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I think we might be not friends quite soon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sanford posted:

:love:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol that should be persuasive

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean, how do you persuade someone who says "please don't say argue, this is debate" because that reads like extremely potent brain spiders to me.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Tesseraction posted:

I mean, how do you persuade someone who says "please don't say argue, this is debate" because that reads like extremely potent brain spiders to me.

That’s a terminal case of brain worms.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Sanford posted:

u lost the debate by descending into name calling

i am very smart, and reasonable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Some people can't be persuaded, liberalism is like one of those parasitic wasps which lays it's eggs inside another insect and ends up devouring it from the inside and then taking control of the host. There's nobody home, it's a zombie ant.

That's liberalism.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

How utterly surprising

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wow who could have predicted this?

https://www.thejc.com/brexit-party-meps-ann-widdecombe-richie-allen-show-david-icke-antisemitic-conspiracy-theories-1.487594

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sanitary Naptime posted:

That’s a terminal case of brain worms.

The worms and the spiders engaged in a deadly battle for who gets to eat the last foetid brain cell remaining.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Sanford posted:

How utterly surprising

You’ve challenged me to face up my morals against what I’m saying and that’s just not fair!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the amount of damage andrew wakefield has done is almost impressive

https://twitter.com/PHE_uk/status/1163364851357556736

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Apparently I quit smoking 4 years ago today, and good lord I still get the cravings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1163370543107715072

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Sanford posted:

How utterly surprising

They're so passive about the conversation too, I think I'd prefer it if they came back with a "No gently caress YOU!" but instead they prefer to retreat away from the difficult debate/argument. You should reply that they are "no platforming" you by refusing to listen to your arguments!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Jose posted:

the amount of damage andrew wakefield has done is almost impressive

https://twitter.com/PHE_uk/status/1163364851357556736

People will just blame foreigners bringing it into the UK as the reason for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Apparently I quit smoking 4 years ago today, and good lord I still get the cravings

6 years now and it never stops, the frequency between cravings gets lower though.