Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SynthesisAlpha posted:

As for gems, buy employees you need. The two best guys I've bought are the Junk guy who makes upgraded chests (20 base RP for a goblet vs. 50 base RP for his chests),

Terry Pratchett? Also thanks for the write up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Snowmankilla posted:

Terry Pratchett? Also thanks for the write up!

Probably! I never read discworld, but I'm a sucker for stupid pop culture puns in games (lookin' at you WoW), so the employees in this game are great. Love that Georg Martin is a guy who makes Ice and Fire wands.

One last Hero Park tip: If you get a high enough rank on the daily quests you get a boss monster. When you stick him in a dungeon heroes will steadily come into your town even without spending unicorn energy. They're totally random but it's good to save it for when you get a timed quest and don't have enough energy left to complete it. Also I'm pretty sure every hero will go to that dungeon, kill a monster, loot an item, then fight the boss until they run out of health potions. Make sure you have a lot of slots in that dungeon because it backs up the queue considerably since they stay there so much longer.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 15, 2019

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

wisdomHNOX posted:

Are any of you playing Super Mecha Champions? It's an enjoyable Battle Royale with an anime art style and giant robots. I get 3 days to throw in a referral code so I wanted to give a goon credit if anyone is playing.

As a matter of fact I just picked it up a few weeks ago, though I'm not sure where I can get you a referral code. :(

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Just had the filithiest Arcane Labyrinth run in AFK Arena, for context my guys are at 160 legendary/legendary+ at best
Got both the Fire/Icebringer and Sun/Moonstones early in the run, picked up a Rosaline at a camp and decided screw it, never even tried the hard mode at the end of the 2nd floor before.
What do I run into early on? A camp with a Mythic+ level 172 Baden
Rosaline kept refilling his energy constantly, so every fight from then on turned into a phantom shitshow that caused the worst slowdowns I've ever seen in anything I've used my phone for

I also never lost a single party member till the very final fight, Wrizz was a joke as well.

That said I am not touching that mode again anytime soon, fairly sure any other Mythic + pull would not have let me deal with all the BS that throws at you, didn't seem to reward THAT much more either, coins from Wrizz aside.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I tried hard mode once and couldn't but a dent in the first fight so I haven't tried again.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
With a couple of decent relic drops I can beat hard 3 out of 4 times now.
I start with 180 Hendrick, 180 Shemira, 160 Belinda, 160 Rosaline, 160 Lucius

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So hero park does not store data locally or on the cloud. If you remove the app all of your progress gets gone.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

As a matter of fact I just picked it up a few weeks ago, though I'm not sure where I can get you a referral code. :(

Go to Friends>Recruit and it should show you your recruit code. If I put it in I think you get stuff? Either way, shoot me a request. My Friend ID is 1000496218

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly annoyed how much I'm enjoying AFK Arena. It's still a grindy f2p game but it has just enough cool QoL ideas that I'm still not feeling the drag.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It kind of drags but it's good to just play for 15 min while I chill between calls at work

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

axelblaze posted:

I'm honestly annoyed how much I'm enjoying AFK Arena. It's still a grindy f2p game but it has just enough cool QoL ideas that I'm still not feeling the drag.

I wish there was someway to see playtime on Android because I'm sure this tops my playtime on my phone, and probably a lot of PC games too.

For labyrinth runs, peaks of time, and the new Voyages these relics will make it cake usually: Fire/Icebringer and Sun/Moonstones

For hard mode Wrizz, he seems to melt if you get/have Kaz and get her relic that makes all her attacks poisonous which also stacks.

I hardly ever do hard mode though, sometimes it goes smoothly, other times I use every last Dura's Tears to almost get through it.

My main team is usually Brutus/Shemira on the front, Arden, Nemora, Lyca on the backline. I'll switch it up for Belinda, Fawkes, and a few others if needed for faction bonus or whatever.

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 16, 2019

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Any room in the AFK Arena goon guild? Should I join any guild while I wait if it's full?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

We have a spot now, feel free to apply.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Tagichatn posted:

We have a spot now, feel free to apply.

Applied as bubu_SA

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any inactivates to kick and make room in afk?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'm looking to join the guild as well.

With AFK, should I focus on leveling up elite heroes first or those of the same faction to get the bonus?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

I'm looking to join the guild as well.

With AFK, should I focus on leveling up elite heroes first or those of the same faction to get the bonus?

You should pick the 5 you will use the most and then level them roughly equally. The resonating crystal will take care of the other randoms. If you really want to minmax, just level heroes that can hit L+ so you dont need to relevel them when you get to the current cap, but you can recycle them easily enough so its not really needed. Having said that, Saveas is a beast, Vedan and Shemira make a good combo, so do Belinda and Rosaline. Apparently Arden is one of the few heroes who can get to 160 and still be effective at even higher levels.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Will be applying to guild with Nephzinho whenever I notice a spot open.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
I know its been around a while but The Quest has been eating up all my free time recently, its just so good. I downloaded it years ago as it was recommended (from this thread) as a good offline game to play on plane trips or travelling but when I tried it I got turned off by its old school graphics and control scheme. I recently decided to give it another try and found out that its actually a super good RPG and has ridiculous amounts of content in just the base game before even getting to all the expansions. If anyone does pick it up I would recommend looking up a guide first as it has no tutorial and is very open worldly. Also save lots.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Does The Quest have a left-handed mode? all of the UI being in the bottom right sucks for a lefty like me.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

NPR Journalizard posted:

You should pick the 5 you will use the most and then level them roughly equally. The resonating crystal will take care of the other randoms. If you really want to minmax, just level heroes that can hit L+ so you dont need to relevel them when you get to the current cap, but you can recycle them easily enough so its not really needed. Having said that, Saveas is a beast, Vedan and Shemira make a good combo, so do Belinda and Rosaline. Apparently Arden is one of the few heroes who can get to 160 and still be effective at even higher levels.

Focus all of your resources on Shemira, at the expense of every else if need be. You won't regret it. Even at Chapter 20 she is still carrying my team almost entirely, the other 4 only exist to keep her alive long enough to cast her Ult. Her shards are available from the Labyrinth shop, and other than maybe one purchase of Nemora, who is also pretty good, you should be priotise buying Shemira shards until she is Ascended tier.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vulpes posted:

Focus all of your resources on Shemira, at the expense of every else if need be. You won't regret it. Even at Chapter 20 she is still carrying my team almost entirely, the other 4 only exist to keep her alive long enough to cast her Ult. Her shards are available from the Labyrinth shop, and other than maybe one purchase of Nemora, who is also pretty good, you should be priotise buying Shemira shards until she is Ascended tier.

I will gainsay this if you get lucky with another similar quality carry. When I reset my E Shemira and put her XP and resources into my L+ Belinda I took off through stages and haven't looked back. The fact that Shemira's only guaranteed once a month can cause a lot of delay if you basically focus on her exclusively and ignore characters like Belinda, Saveas, etc. while sitting on an under-ascended Shemira.

Even at 141 I still get more work out of my Belinda than Shemira (L+ vs L now). She only gets truly absurd at 161 when her ult heals her while active.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think I screwed up ascending Mirael, and I don't have any frontliners better than Hogan. I'm stuck at around L100 with elite Ulmus, Elite+ Hogan & Raine, and Legendary Mirael & Nemora.

Mirael's fire shield thing is useful but I feel like I really want to gun for a Belinda / Lucius combo that is most likely never going to happen because Lucius will not drop outside of the labyrinth.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think I screwed up ascending Mirael, and I don't have any frontliners better than Hogan. I'm stuck at around L100 with elite Ulmus, Elite+ Hogan & Raine, and Legendary Mirael & Nemora.

Mirael's fire shield thing is useful but I feel like I really want to gun for a Belinda / Lucius combo that is most likely never going to happen because Lucius will not drop outside of the labyrinth.

I would try saveas and the treant out of that lineup. Also, https://www.afkarena.net/pve-tier-list helps a fair bit when choosing who to ascend.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will confirm Belinda is a beast. My whole setup is basically formed around her right now. I have her, then I have Rosaline constantly healing, buffing and giving her energy, those creepy twins hasting over and over again and Estilda and Lucius guarding out front. It's mostly worked well with the advantage of getting an all Lightbringers bonus. This is what I currently have

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I run Brutus/Hogan/Belinda/Rosaline with a rotating support slot; all of Arden, Tasi, Fawkes, Nemora, and Lyca get used from time to time to try and break walls. I'd love Lucius and the Twins, but that's gacha.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

I would try saveas and the treant out of that lineup. Also, https://www.afkarena.net/pve-tier-list helps a fair bit when choosing who to ascend.
Man Angelo really is the worst isn't he? No wonder nobody in the guild has him.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I'm just letting Saveas do all the nuking for now with the usual supporting cast of tree friends (Namora, Tasi, Arden), and Brutus tanking. Once I hit Saveas' ceiling I guess I'll have to re-evaluate. Hopiong something good will drop before then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

I'm just letting Saveas do all the nuking for now with the usual supporting cast of tree friends (Namora, Tasi, Arden), and Brutus tanking. Once I hit Saveas' ceiling I guess I'll have to re-evaluate. Hopiong something good will drop before then.

Usually once Saveas hits his ceiling of 160 you should have a Legendary or higher Shemira who can take over at 161.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Man Angelo really is the worst isn't he? No wonder nobody in the guild has him.

Also, my first legendary.

This is my roster right now

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 19, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Devs must have sensed my bitching :riker:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Hell yeah, Lucius owns.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Is it okay to ask for an updated list of good games that are free, or worth paying for, since the OP is from 2015? I just got my Samsung Tab S4 and I'd like to load it up.

I'm interested in both bite sized gaming as well as games that take time to play.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Node posted:

Is it okay to ask for an updated list of good games that are free, or worth paying for, since the OP is from 2015? I just got my Samsung Tab S4 and I'd like to load it up.

I'm interested in both bite sized gaming as well as games that take time to play.

No this is the King's Raid thread now. We don't do that here anymore...

Just kidding

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Is there a goon guild for Dungeon Survivor 2? Picked that up for during the downtimes in AFK arena. It's pretty cool so far.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Appoda posted:

Does The Quest have a left-handed mode? all of the UI being in the bottom right sucks for a lefty like me.

Yes it does actually! Its in the options, although when I tried it I found it was a little difficult to press the I and II buttons that switch your weapon sets because they are right at the left edge of the screen and my phone case makes it hard to press the edges. It also plays in landscape and portrait mode. Landscape looks better and the UI is more spread out but I normally play in portrait because I can then play it one handed.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Node posted:

Polytopia and the suspiciously similar Hexonia are good basic Civ-likes. I've been enjoying playing them while watching TV. Stardew Valley costs a bit more but is a fully fleshed out game. If you like soccer at all, Score! Hero is a fun puzzle game. You trace the pass with your finger, watch the receiver move the ball, then choose the pass again when he stops. It is the only game with a cooldown timer that I have patience for because I'm usually ok with putting it down after 20 minutes or so.

If anyone has any non-Gatcha/Anime girl puzzle games, I'd also like to know. It feels like there's been a dearth of decent games for several months.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Gavinvin posted:

Yes it does actually! Its in the options, although when I tried it I found it was a little difficult to press the I and II buttons that switch your weapon sets because they are right at the left edge of the screen and my phone case makes it hard to press the edges. It also plays in landscape and portrait mode. Landscape looks better and the UI is more spread out but I normally play in portrait because I can then play it one handed.

Thanks, I'll try it out!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What is the score for getting level 5 and opening more slots on AFK? Every time I look y'all full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

What is the score for getting level 5 and opening more slots on AFK? Every time I look y'all full.

We are about 1/3rd of the way to the next level with more slots, and I just checked and everyone bar 1 person has logged in and been active in the last day.