Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it'\s because he has a dick van

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Cmon,guys. You sneak in at night, suck out the ganash filling with a straw. Beforehand,get the right consistency,reverse blow your semi liquid poo poo in - profit.

The smell would permeate the building just as surely as it would the nice, spongy, absorptive cake itself.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Real name must be Dutch.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

(Crossposting from the Simpsons meme thread)
One of these would solve so many relationship problems...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

r/relationship_advice
I can't stand the smell of my girlfriends vagina. How do I convince her to keep herself cleaner?

quote:

u/discountrealaccount
Obligatory alt account statement.

As the title states, it's pretty repulsive. Our sex life is suffering because of this.

I have mentioned it to her before, the last time was a few months ago, the first time was nearly 2 years ago. On a bad day it can be smelt through her clothes across the room. Its slowly killing my sexual attraction to her, it's hard to want to stick my dick, let alone mouth, near that.

As I mentioned before, I've told her about it previously, and she put in a lot of effort, lots of body washes and sprays and such, and it was gone. But after a month she said it was too much effort, she's dialed it back to the occasional wash or spray now.

How do I convince her to keep putting in the effort of keeping her parts clean?

Edit: Thank you for all of the excellent comments, I will be talking to her tonight about seeing a doctor next week, wish me luck. I will also never be using this account again, in fear of her seeing this post and freaking out. I don't want to have to deal with that.

While googling the smelling women guy I found this gender swapped iteration of a a popular theme.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
How do people go through life with genitals that smell across rooms and not see a vagina doctor about it

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I [33F] have a stalker, and am starting to think he's dangerous. My husband [38M] is not taking this seriously.

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons. Some details are altered to help protect my identity.

PLEASE DO NOT UPVOTE THIS POST.

I don't know where else to turn. I'm scared and I feel powerless. For the past 8 months, I have been subjected to increasing harassment by a stalker. He has sent notes and gifts. He has called and visited me at work. He drives by my house.

He is a former colleague, who was transferred to a different branch due to a number of sexual harassment complaints levied against him by myself and other women in the office who have dealt with his advances. Since then he has changed jobs and no longer works near me. Unfortunately, he is still focused on me and I can't shake him, no matter what I do. Here are some examples of his actions and my responses:

• He sent me flowers with an unsigned card. It said "I have been thinking of you so much this week. You are a unique beauty, and so special to me. I hope you will consider me as a lover and a life partner. I will love you forever." My husband questioned me about our relationship and clearly thought I may have been cheating on him. I swore to him I never so much as smiled at this man and that he was completely delusional. He believed me after I gave him access to all my devices/social media/told him he could do whatever he needed to be sure I wasn't lying.

• He calls my office EVERY DAY without fail. I have alerted my supervisor on numerous occasions, who had IT block his number. This doesn't deter him, he calls from different numbers constantly, both my office number and my cell. I had my cell number changed, and somehow he got the new one. I have no loving idea how. I am not working with my supervisor to shift my responsibilities so I won't need to use the phone and rely on email.

• Sometimes he will send me texts that just say "I see you." And I immediately panic and look around everywhere, but I never catch a glimpse of him. This was what prompted me to go to the police, who told me, in essence, that I should record every "incident," but that they couldn't do much to help me until he committed a serious crime. Stalking laws are poo poo where I live.

• The worst incident so far happened today, and it is what prompted me to write this post. I had an early doctor's appointment today and took sick leave. When I got home from my appointment, there was a flash drive on my welcome mat. I had a feeling it was from HIM, but I didn't want to call the police over if it was something my husband dropped on his way to work or something. I am a loving idiot. I took it inside and plugged it in and there was a loving video taken from the inside of my house. I don't know when it was taken - the house seems empty so my guess it was taken while we were at work. I am loving terrified. I called 911, the cops came and watched the video, asked a bunch of questions about who has a house key, and took the flash drive as evidence. I showed them my journal and screenshots of the stalking for the millionth time. I think it might finally be enough to arrest him, but I don't know for sure. I also called my best friend and begged her to come keep me company at my home. She left work in the middle of the day to stay with me, god bless her.

The other problem is that my husband is not taking this seriously (although once I tell him about the video, he might change his tune). He owns a gun, and casually says that if the guy steps foot in our house, he would shoot him in the face. So he doesn't feel afraid, and he doesn't understand my fear. There are a million different ways this guy could get to me, and I don't carry a gun everywhere I go. I am scared out of my wits and I don't know what to do. Even if the cops arrest him, if he makes bail won't he just be back out on the street?

I need advice. I am scared and I have no experience dealing with something like this. My best friend offered to let me move in with her temporarily to try and give this guy the slip but she lives in a different city than me and I still have to go to work every day. And I don't want to put her in danger either. Does anyone have experience with this? Has anyone here been stalked/what did you do to make it stop?

tl;dr my stalker is escalating and my husband is not taking him seriously. I need help

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pinecone Sample posted:

I [33F] have a stalker, and am starting to think he's dangerous. My husband [38M] is not taking this seriously.

I don't think this kind of thing belongs in the thread, it's horrifying.

And why are you stalking that poor lady you sick motherfucker

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You can't keep getting away with this, Pinecone

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Love the husband's reaction to this horror movie setup being "But I have a gun, why are you still afraid?" Almost hope she leaves the idiot and he wakes up one night to the stalker standing over him, holding his precious gun.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Love the husband's reaction to this horror movie setup being "But I have a gun, why are you still afraid?" Almost hope she leaves the idiot and he wakes up one night to the stalker standing over him, holding his precious gun.

Or his scared wife accidentally shooting him when he arrives home too late/early from work one day

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Or his scared wife accidentally shooting him when he arrives home too late/early from work one day

Whoa whoa whoa, he has a gun.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Barudak posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, he has a gun.

It sounds like he leaves it at home, so bets on if the stalker already stole it or if she grabs it one day when a friend of hers can't leave work to stay with her and welp

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Her husband would believe the stalker if he claimed they were having an affair. I can picture her coming home to the two of them having some beers in the living room, waiting to confront her.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Koalas March posted:

Price of freedom, etc.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Koalas March posted:

It sounds like he leaves it at home, so bets on if the stalker already stole it or if she grabs it one day when a friend of hers can't leave work to stay with her and welp

That was the part that got me the most.

Someone's been walking around my house without me knowing it? Good thing I have a gun here somewhere.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Ain't seen one of these babies in a while

My [F28] MIL won't take my kid's [4] anaphylactic peanut allergy seriously

quote:

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Sorry for mobile formatting. I've never really seen eye-to-eye with my MIL because she's very strict and old fashioned, she's like this with all of her grandchildren: she'll do things like yell at them for not sitting up straight, elbows on table, etc... I understand that children need discipline, but I prefer a gentler approach with my son. I've asked her many times to not do that, but my husband insists I let it go, so I've tried to.

Until now. My son was officially diagnosed with a life threatening peanut allergy, and we have an epipen jr for him. She insists that when she was younger people "didn't have allergies", and if they did they would get rid of them via exposure and that I'm just babying him. I've explained to her that his allergy is very real and potentially deadly.

She has basically scoffed it off and the last time she came to pick him up, she took his epipen/fanny pack from around his waist and threw it on my driveway, saying she's taken him for ice cream many times and nothing has ever happened, and he doesn't "need it" with him. I told him she could no longer take him and brought him inside, she left and called my husband, she cried to him saying I accused her of being an unfit grandmother. Which I admittedly did because my child's safety is my priority and apparently not hers.

Now my husband wants me to apologise to her. He says she would take him to the hospital if he ingested peanuts and that I'm overreacting. I kindly explained to him that epipens save lives because anaphylaxis means your airways are narrowing, your breathing is becoming blocked, etc... and time is OF THE ESSENCE because it happens so quickly.

So, now my stance is.. no epipen = no taking my child anywhere.

She's even insisting on taking him to a baseball game, which tends to have a LOT of peanuts, everywhere. I asked that she find a peanut free zone which the stadium does offer, but she once again belittled the idea and insisted he would be fine.

I'm getting really tired of her treatment toward my son, and my husband has always been a Mama's boy who thinks Mama can do no wrong and defends her endlessly. He says he turned out just fine being raised by her and I worry too much.

Would it be awful if I insist she only see him if I'm present? Am I completely unreasonable and overreacting? Is there anything else I can do so that they'll understand the severity or at the very least take some more precautions?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
surprise! it's the husband

:unsmigghh:

a film by m night shyamalan

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Ain't seen one of these babies in a while

My [F28] MIL won't take my kid's [4] anaphylactic peanut allergy seriously

One day she will drop her guard or be sick or something and it'll be coconut oil Grandma all over again :smith:

The line where "people never used to have allergies" makes me 100% certain that she has allergies herself that she absolutely refuses to acknowledge. Every Boomer gently caress that says that always lives in constant discomfort because they refuse to stop eating poo poo that is giving them chronic illnesses or indigestion or whatnot. The husband of one of my mom's friends is just like this, he'd constantly eat something (shrimp I think?) that would give him horrible reactions, and the most recent time he ended up in the loving hospital for it cause he's loving old. Then he was like "I'M FINE" and fell through a window because he was too weak to move properly and almost died a second time. You'd think someone who's had a colostomy bag nearly his whole life would be more careful about what he eats, but clearly near-death reactions, stoma infections :barf:, and interminable suffering mean nothing when feelings > reality

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 20, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

“I’m getting really tired of her treatment toward my son, and my husband has always been a Mama’s boy who thinks Mama can do no wrong and defends her endlessly. He says he turned out just fine being raised by her and I worry too much.”

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

The White Dragon posted:

surprise! it's the husband

:unsmigghh:

a film by m night shyamalan

My immediate first thought too

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

The line where "people never used to have allergies" makes me 100% certain that she has allergies herself that she absolutely refuses to acknowledge. Every Boomer gently caress that says that always lives in constant discomfort because they refuse to stop eating poo poo that is giving them chronic illnesses or indigestion or whatnot.

nah, it's just old people who are stuck firmly in the past because they refuse to live in the present. times change, people learn more things, and the world grows a little more every day. sometimes when confronted with knowledge they don't like, people stick to an outdated method of thinking because it was good enough for back then. my folks and my wife's folks both struggle to use modern car seats and complain about how these things weren't necessary when they were young, i just let them complain because it's pitiful enough to have a hard time installing a car seat

we know more about allergies now because we're better at catching them. same thing with autism, it's not that there's more autism now, it's just that we don't call autistic people slow feeblebrains cursed by witches any more since we know that autism exists. also sudden infant death syndrome isn't real, it turns out there's a lot of things you can do to not kill babies like don't feed them peanuts and don't put them in cribs with blankets

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

teen witch posted:

“I’m getting really tired of her treatment toward my son, and my husband has always been a Mama’s boy who thinks Mama can do no wrong and defends her endlessly. He says he turned out just fine being raised by her and I worry too much.”

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

She should probably go take a few classes on using a gun because it doesn't sound like the cops are going to do anything and that guy is escalating.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
a gun isn't going to help much since the twist ending is obviously that her husband is the stalker and statistically, the person most likely to murder a woman with a firearm in the united states is her husband/male partner

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

luxury handset posted:

a gun isn't going to help much since the twist ending is obviously that her husband is the stalker and statistically, the person most likely to murder a woman with a firearm in the united states is her husband/male partner

She should get a bigger gun.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It's definitely the husband.

quote:

My husband questioned me about our relationship and clearly thought I may have been cheating on him. I swore to him I never so much as smiled at this man and that he was completely delusional. He believed me after I gave him access to all my devices/social media/told him he could do whatever he needed to be sure I wasn't lying.

I had my cell number changed, and somehow he got the new one. I have no loving idea how.

The other problem is that my husband is not taking this seriously 

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Koalas March posted:

It's definitely the husband.

Her Stalker ist already wearing her husband's skin.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s going to be “just a prank”

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s going to be “just a prank”

...but she had real bullets. Lol

That's America.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Barudak posted:

Dyke is the name you went with? Really?

Oh yeah I was just hanging out with my friend, lets call him Lobsterback...
Maybe it’s a Dutch name like van dyke or dykstra and they are just really unimaginative.

Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
My landlord keeps telling my mom (who does not live with me) when I have male guests stay overnight

quote:

2 months ago, I finally saved enough money to be able to move into my first apartment. I am the only one on the lease.

My parents and I, but my mom especially, do not have a good relationship. They are very religious and we come from a culture where it is not acceptable for an unmarried woman to live alone.

As soon as I moved, my mom started stopping by when I wasn’t there and chatting with the landlord who lives in the apartment right next to me (lucky me), they’re now “friends”.

I don’t know what she told him but he’s begun telling her when I have male guests stay over night. I’ll get a call with her bawling her eyes out in the middle of the night threatening to come over right now and drag me home.

I can’t move out for another 6 months. I feel like I escaped home just to be under the same shaming and scrutiny I was stuck in before.

Is there any way I can get him to stop?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

Money Talks: How a new couple handles their shared finances
Sorting out mortgages and car payments can be tricky — especially when a child from a previous marriage is involved.

Meet Meryl and Chuck from Williamstown, West Virginia. Meryl is 33 years old, works in marketing, and earns just under $51,000 annually (plus another $2,000–$4,000 in freelance income). Chuck is 35, works as a database administrator, and earns around $77,000 a year. They live together in a house Chuck had purchased prior to the relationship; Chuck also has 40 percent custody of his 5-year-old son, who spends three nights a week with them.

They aren’t married and have only been dating a year, but they’ve decided to pool finances on several major expenses. Here’s how and why they did it.

The following conversation is lightly condensed and edited for clarity.

Meryl: After living in a bunch of different cities — Portland, Chicago — I moved back to the area where I am originally from. Shortly after I moved back, I was introduced to Chuck through some of our mutual friends. We actually went to the same high school, but we didn’t know each other, even though it was a really small, rural school.

Chuck: It’s really weird that we didn’t know the other one existed. My graduating class was 60 people, and hers wasn’t much bigger than that. There’s no doubt we were in the same room together several times and just … never met.

Meryl: We were introduced last summer and just had our first anniversary. I moved in after we’d been together for about five months. We just kind of clicked, and then my landlord wanted to nearly double my rent, so I gave my notice and moved in with Chuck. It all moved kind of fast, but it’s worked out pretty well.

Chuck: The money issue kind of started with the fact that you needed a car. We began discussing what you’d need to go get a car and how much you could afford to pay for a car every month.

Meryl: We bought the car about six weeks after I moved in. I had been driving the same car for the past 11 years and it was slowly dying. It was so overwhelming to even think about looking for a car, because big purchases make me very anxious, so I would have driven that car until the wheels fell off.

Chuck: I don’t mind car shopping and talking to car salesmen at all.

Meryl: Chuck was really good about sitting down and having a conversation about what it would look like to have a different car that was more reliable — and also, because Chuck has a son, I don’t think either of us wanted me to be driving his son in a car that wasn’t super reliable. We talked a lot about what buying a new car was going to look like for both my finances separately and then our finances together. That was the starting point of our financial conversations. When I moved in, we decided that I wouldn’t pay rent to Chuck or pay any part of the mortgage, and my equivalent contribution would be the car payment.

We’re not married or engaged at this point, and we like the idea of keeping our finances separate, but we do pool our resources together for common goals.

Chuck: Having our money in separate spots helps with not having to discuss all of the small purchases.

Meryl: I buy a lot of iced coffees that you probably wouldn’t purchase, but you aren’t asking me, “Why are you buying all of those iced coffees?”
We also have these two savings envelopes, and one of them is marked “house fund” for house repairs.

Chuck: It’s nice to be able to grab this quick cash if something needs to be done.

Meryl: It came in handy this summer, because we did a renovation on the main bathroom in our house and we needed a shower door for it. So we were able to use that fund for the shower door, which was the final piece of the project. Then the other envelope is for a trip that we’re planning in 2020, to go to Europe and visit a couple of friends.

Chuck: They’re physical envelopes because it’s kind of like, “If it’s not in the bank account, it’s not spendable.”

Meryl: We get paid on alternating weeks, so every Friday, $20 is going into each envelope from whoever got paid that day. This Friday I’ll put $20 into the house envelope and $20 into the Europe envelope, and next Friday he’ll do the same.

Chuck: By the time we get to taking that trip next summer, that envelope should cover the airfare for both of us, and that’s a big expense taken out of that trip. Each envelope gets $40 each month from each of us, so that’s $960 per envelope for the year. By the time we take our trip, we’ll have been putting money in the envelope for 18 months.

Meryl: We’ve been doing the Europe one for a lot longer than the house one. At home, we’ve got the utilities split, but since the mortgage is the biggest expense — do you mind sharing what our mortgage is?

Chuck: The mortgage is $740 a month.

Meryl: And my car payment is not that much, it’s like $470, so I make up the rest by paying for utilities like high-speed internet. Because I work from home, my company contributes a $15 monthly stipend toward our $60/month service.

[/b]Chuck: I pay electric and gas.[/b]

Meryl: You pay electric and gas, I pay water and sewage.

Chuck: We each pay for a streaming service. But Meryl doesn’t pay rent to me. My reasoning is that if Meryl is here or if Meryl isn’t here, my mortgage payment stays the same. So I’m going to continue paying that mortgage in full.

Meryl: That was a point of contention when I moved in!

Chuck: You wanted to split the mortgage and I said no.

Meryl: There was some disagreement about that at first. But I do think that the way we landed on it has made sense — and has allowed me to upgrade my car, which I don’t think I would have been able to do if I were paying part of the mortgage.

Chuck: That was how I put it, too: “Buy us a car and I’ll continue doing the mortgage.” For my son, obviously I pay for all of the child support costs myself, and the daycare-related or clothes-related costs are split between myself and my ex-wife. When my son needed a car seat for the new car, I paid for that.

Meryl: I don’t really have any financial obligations with Chuck’s son, but on the flip side I get to do a lot of fun stuff.

Chuck: Because of Meryl, he has, like, coloring books and all kinds of art supplies and books that these two read together. That all comes from you.

Meryl: Not long after I met Chuck’s son for the first time, his birthday happened, which meant I got to plan a very fun birthday party that Chuck didn’t have to plan! If I want to spend $40 at a party-supply store, I’m not going to be like, “Pay me back for all of that Spider-Man stuff!”

Chuck: I just think that money causes a lot of unnecessary conflict. If you keep it separate but are also, like, open about it, I think you can avoid a lot of that conflict.

Meryl: I also think we’re very lucky to have the jobs that we have. We have a lot of flexibility, and we also have three adults who care very much about one child, so there’s a lot of room for us to be able to do the fun stuff that we do because there are so many people involved.

We were really up-front with each other about our finances when we started dating. We started asking each other how much we made back when I was still living in my apartment. We are also very lucky in that we don’t have student debt. Chuck is a veteran, and I was very fortunate in that my mom worked at the college I went to. That is a huge reason why we get to do the things we do. We’re also both able to save money. I have a 401(k).

Chuck: And I have a Thrift Savings Plan.

Meryl: I don’t know that you necessarily encouraged me to look into my 401(k), but I had been avoiding it, and it was in the last year that I actually started paying attention to it.

Chuck: It was like, you wouldn’t be able to get better at managing your money until you looked into it, and then you did.

Meryl: I have trouble facing big money decisions! You had a higher credit score than me when we moved in together, but instead of being like, “Woof, what’s that credit score?” you were all, “Here’s how you make it higher.” My credit score has improved by 100 points. It was in the low 600s, and now it’s in the low 700s.

Chuck: But you encouraged me to do our home improvement projects. I’d been putting it off and putting it off, and you were, like, “Hey, let’s do these home improvement projects while you’re still living here. That way you can enjoy them, instead of waiting and making the house better for someone else.” Ever since we did that, we’ve had a much nicer house and the projects are done.

This seems like a pretty good deal for her that surely won't cause major relationship strife in the future!

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
AITA calling cps on my neighbor

quote:

My neighbor (30sM) is a single dad. I (34F) live alone and enjoy it that way but I'm always very cautious of people at my door as a result. Me and my neighbor will exchange pleasantries if we run into each other but nothing resembling a friendship.

This morning I was woken up to a knock at my door. He was there with his kids (maybe in the 5-7 range, idk I can't tell kids ages that well) and asked if I could babysit as his sitter fell through and he needed to go to work. I said sorry and that I wasn't comfortable with that and that I'm not good with kids and my house isn't even childproofed so it would be dangerous. He pleaded and then became pushy and demanding. I said that no means no and he needs to sort something else out. To my absolute loving horror he just said "I'm leaving them here bye!!" and i yelled out HEY but he just kept saying variations of bye and got in his car and drove off.

I was loving stunned and stood there for a minute just staring at these kids on my doorstep trying to figure out what to do. Once I composed myself a bit I said "sorry kids" and shut the door. I found out the number for CPS abuse services and called them and explained the situation, giving my address.

About half an hour later of me curled up in bed freaking the gently caress out I finally got a knock at the door. It was CPS as well as a couple of police officers. I again explained the situation to them all and they asked if I was sure I couldn't take care of them. I said yes and they said okay and the kids went off with them.

I was really loving stressed out at this point so I spent most of the day in bed trying my best to get some rest. I finally drifted off when I was woke up again to frantic banging at my door. I composed myself the best I could and went to the door. I knew who it was going to be so I made sure to keep the chain locked when I cracked it open and I was met to a very angry tearful neighbor cussing me out. He was so distraught that I couldn't make out a lot of what he was saying but I did pick up that he might lose custody now and felt a little bit bad but I didn't want to deal with a large angry man screaming at me so I said "sorry" and shut the door on him. He kept screaming and crying at me through the door so I just hid in my room and put on headphones and ignored him. I was close to calling the cops again but he went away eventually and I didn't want to deal with any more stress so I didn't. I feel guilty but also I don't know what else I was supposed to do in this situation that was thrust upon me.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's weird to me that so many people use that envelope method to save. If your money isn't making money, you're losing money. My sister buys her vehicles outright to avoid car payments. Yeah, smart move to drop 26k on a car when you could've financed it at like 1% and earned way more than that investing it.

Yeah, dude leaving his kids with someone without their consent is terrible and shouldn't have custody.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being upset my fiances parents are joining our honeymoon?

My fiance and I are getting married soon. We are not having a wedding, we just want to go to the courthouse and sign papers by ourselves. When we told his mom, she invited herself down to "watch" us sign papers and celebrate. I was annoyed but let it go. I don't have a close family so I figure, okay, this is what normal families do.

Since the date is approaching, she's calling trying to figure out what to do. As we were planning, we told her how we are going to the mountains for our honeymoon and just booked our resort. She said to cancel, find a cabin, she will come stay with us on our honeymoon (with his brother and dad as well), and she will pay for it. I turned it down but my fiance accepted. At first, I was okay with it. I was grateful.

The more I have had time to think about it, I'm becoming a little angry. I was really looking forward to our honeymoon alone. I already had a place booked, and she inserted herself once again. Is this normal?

I have tried talking to my fiance about it. I completely understand his side. His family lives 18 hours away from us. They have not seen him in two years, but they have had every chance to. He said he will spend the rest of his life with me, so why does it matter? I explain the emotional, sappy side of how our honeymoon at least should be special and between him and I alone. He just keeps using the "I never get to see my family" thing. Which is true, but why are you using my honeymoon as a family vacation/reunion?! There are more appropriate times to get together, right?

Anyhow, my fiance says I'm the rear end in a top hat. I feel like an rear end in a top hat and wish I could just be happy his family was coming. But instead, I'm full of rage about it. AITA?

Yeah this is weird, I'm going on my honeymoon in 5 weeks, spending 2 weeks in Europe, my Mom is going to pick up a trip to Rome (she's a flight attendant) when we are there for a few days at the end of the trip, she will take us to some restaurants she frequents that are very good, she is NOT going to stay with us and she is also going to be working the flight home which means we are going to get drunk as gently caress within 30 minutes of the flight and be able to sleep the whole way home.

Staying with your whole immediate family for your "honeymoon" is loving weird and this dude needs to get off the teet.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

HellOnEarth posted:

AITA calling cps on my neighbor

What the gently caress is wrong with both these people.

Yeah, I mean, don't take care of the kids, that's fine, but when their father leaves them there, for fucks sake don't just slam the door in their face you antisocial weenie, let them in until CPS gets there...

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

MF_James posted:

Yeah, I mean, don't take care of the kids, that's fine, but when their father leaves them there, for fucks sake don't just slam the door in their face you antisocial weenie, let them in until CPS gets there...

Yeah was thinking the same thing. She sounds like an awful person that I wouldn't trust with anything, but woo boy leaving your kids with a stranger for the entire day, with no warning, is a hosed up decision as well.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MF_James posted:

Not only slammed the door in their faces, but spent half an hour having a silent panic attack in bed after calling CPS. How the hell has she managed to get a home of her own without collapsing in fear at the thought of dealing with an insurance agent or realtor?

She explained why her house wasn't safe for 7-year-olds:

quote:

I get that and I'm not disputing your judgment but I should specify that when I say my house isnt' safe for kids I mean it's really not. Between the exposed power outlet and the basket of tide pods I think they were better off on my doorstep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Don’t abandon your children with strangers and then be surprised when they freak out and call CPS on you. Abandoning children is uhhhhhhhhhhhh a bad thing. There’s no telling what this dude’s circumstances are so who knows what his options are but just abandoning your kids on someone’s doorstop is jaw droppingly bad for pretty much this exact reason.