Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text
Oh god that loving video was the most embarassing thing I've seen outside of SNL. The Harvard educated writers sure are earning those fat checks with stellar material such as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
That clip feels like the Facebook rants of an ex-hippy Aunt.

"NOW who's the OLD MAN, eh DRUMPf?!?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pooch516 posted:

That clip feels like the Facebook rants of an ex-hippy Aunt.

"NOW who's the OLD MAN, eh DRUMPf?!?"

*inhuman grin drawn by an animator who has never seen a human being smiling*

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm not saying this clip is a worse crime than the actual misconduct Matt Groening has been accused of. But

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
a legitimate new low, wow

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I think that's Disney's plan for the show. Bland mediocrity looks amazing compared to the new depths that the show keeps lowering itself to. "Wow, I used to think season 46 was bad, but after composing it to last few weeks' episodes I guess we can call the golden age everything from season 3 to season 48"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
there it is, the blurst thing

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I'm too scared to look at it.

Please do not describe it either.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Made it to 21 seconds.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I made it until AOC first spoke and then couldn't do it any more

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The hell with that.

I'm retroactively embarrassed that I used to like that show.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

...Yeah, this definitely answers the question posed by the thread topic, so I vote for closing the thread and goldmining.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

...Yeah, this definitely answers the question posed by the thread topic, so I vote for closing the thread and goldmining.

There’s always more and it’s always worse.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Was there supposed to be a melody? I'm musically handicapped, but I could not legit tell if that was a song

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:catstare: :smithicide:

Mr Interweb posted:

i can't watch this

i'm too afraid

it's worse than you think it is

Riptor posted:

trump. His hair, you see, is a small dog

that was the least unfunny, least terribly animated bit in the entire video

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar posted:

Was there supposed to be a melody? I'm musically handicapped, but I could not legit tell if that was a song

It's supposed to be a parody of "America" from West Side Story, but it's so astonishingly half-assed that you can barely tell.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It's supposed to be a parody of "America" from West Side Story, but it's so astonishingly half-assed that you can barely tell.

The Trump impersonator can't sing in Trump's voice, in addition to them making GBS threads out the first lyrics they thought of so the meter doesn't match.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

close thread

its over now

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Chinatown posted:

close thread

its over now

Hold on friend. The show has (at least) two more seasons to go.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That clown in the White House is at it again.

What a clown.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Surely this will be the end of Gromble Grumpf

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PostNouveau posted:

The Trump impersonator can't sing in Trump's voice, in addition to them making GBS threads out the first lyrics they thought of so the meter doesn't match.

Isn't it just Dan?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Isn't it just Dan?

I dunno probably what's it matter his Trump sucks

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Twitter video always seems to skip and jump for me, so I'm not sure I could get the full effect. But that didn't sound a whole bunch like real Trump to my ears either.

It's nice that they're apparently supportive of these more left-wing congresspeople though. One of the benefits of having so much money to chuck around that even Rupert Murdoch can't tell you what to say. It doesn't in any way make up for all the lovely takes on a variety of subjects that the show has squirted out over the decades, but we're in low standards country now it's a big country

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

that was the least unfunny, least terribly animated bit in the entire video

They've also used that same exact joke and animation in every other short where they make fun of Trump from the last few years.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

pooch516 posted:

They've also used that same exact joke and animation in every other short where they make fun of Trump from the last few years.

drat, well i guess i've done a good job avoiding it then. jesus.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jollity Farm posted:

Twitter video always seems to skip and jump for me, so I'm not sure I could get the full effect. But that didn't sound a whole bunch like real Trump to my ears either.

It's nice that they're apparently supportive of these more left-wing congresspeople though. One of the benefits of having so much money to chuck around that even Rupert Murdoch can't tell you what to say. It doesn't in any way make up for all the lovely takes on a variety of subjects that the show has squirted out over the decades, but we're in low standards country now it's a big country

I assume they're shoving centrist lib talking points into leftists' mouths. As if the central plank of the left leaders' platform is getting rid of Trump rather than ending capitalism.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Here is an article about that Trump Squad clip in the Simpsons episode, and the comments.

You may notice that there are hundreds of comments, that many of the comments are very positive about that clip, and that they all inexplicably use correct spelling and punctuation.

Are people getting paid to pretend this poo poo is funny? How do I get in on that?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m not watching this since I like these politicians.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Next week on THE Simpons', "Donny" moves into the presidential house across the street that has had better tenants that we didn't show you. But he doesn't like the local HOA (Uh-oh!!!). It's up to Homer and Ozmodiar to set things right! But what's this? Bart could see him this whole time too?!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

On the plus side, Washington Governor Jay Inslee got animated on the Simpsons. At least I think one of those vague men was him.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Lol at the fact that Trump hasn't even bothered to acknowledge The Simpsons attempting to make fun of him.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

I watched this and I hate myself a bit more now. Literally every aspect of this is terribly made. You think of something, yeah it's terribly made.

Somehow Donald Trump himself is a better entertainer than this and I loving hate saying that.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Edgar posted:

Wait.

It's a musical number?

:ohno:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sentient Data posted:

I'm glad the show it's as timeless as ever, I bet we can look back on this clip in 20 years and find out as universally funny as the lemon tree or Lisa getting gum in her hair

the world won't exist in 20 years. The simpsons, however, will

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

this doesn't even sound like him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I have never in my life wanted to vote for trump more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

This is my issue with it all. It’s so loving blunt and dumb. It’s not satire, it’s pathetic and desperate. It’s so transparent. The loving little hands is as dumb of an insult as trump could ever get think up of.