Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dead Goon posted:

Darkest Hour loving own.

yeah I KNEW that link would be something from DH off Undoing Ruin, such a killer album.

thanks for the recs y'all. used to listen to Collosal Titan Strife a lot but haven't paid attention to Kronos since then gonna blast em today. started today with Those Once Loyal in the car to work, a good day so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

my bony fealty posted:

hey can y'all recommend me somethin with catchy rear end riffs. I'm bored to tears at work recently and need something to bob my head up and down to. like what's a whole album full of sick fuckin riffs.

all genres are good, just gimme them riffs

Havukruunu - Kelle surut soi (pagan bm)
https://youtu.be/yYLCvNKPgI4

Venus Star - Nigredo Expulsion (really loud intense bm/dm)
https://youtu.be/Jjdr5G19Lgs

Horseback - The Invisible Mountain (psychedelic/drone/stoner rock with harsh vocals?)
https://horseback.bandcamp.com/album/the-invisible-mountain

Deströyer 666 - Wildfire (blackened thrash)
https://youtu.be/NgIurHvLavY

Catacomb - In the Maze of Kadath (early French dm)
https://youtu.be/OiMKMlBiUuQ

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

hey can y'all recommend me somethin with catchy rear end riffs. I'm bored to tears at work recently and need something to bob my head up and down to. like what's a whole album full of sick fuckin riffs.

all genres are good, just gimme them riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkP4WS8Y_Y

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Entranced by the what now

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
More loving riffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYYkR1DbJCQ

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Here are some Brazilian riffs to break the tedious cycle itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGy0MwD2PW0

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Siivola posted:

Entranced by the what now

considering the guitarist/vocalist of Bolzer is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper into psychedelics and loves history and poo poo he's literally the only dude I'd give a pass to in he doesn't gently caress with nazi poo poo.

according the wiki the wolfshook meant this before the nazis bastardized it: "In early times, believed to possess magical powers, it became a symbol of liberty and independence after its adoption as an emblem of a peasant revolt in the 15th century against the oppression of the German princes and their mercenaries."

looking at the lyrics I'd give more credence to this being the actual use of it too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I've never heard that term outside of said Bolzer song. He also has a sunwheel tattoo but vehemently denies any Nazi associations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I didn't go to see them when they came to town to avoid try hard antifa/whatever group decided to protest/out "racists/nazis". Guilty by association can be very real in this day and age

good music though

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Weaponized Cum posted:

try hard antifa/whatever group decided to protest/out "racists/nazis". Guilty by association can be very real in this day and age

good music though

This is basically what happened with Uada, who according to people who know them are definitely not nazis

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

skasion posted:

Deströyer 666 - Wildfire (blackened thrash)
https://youtu.be/NgIurHvLavY

Aren't these dudes total shitlords?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Nativity In Black posted:

thread title

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I believe KK Warslut is what his countrymen would call a bogan

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Main guy is pretty much trash and also a baby back bitch who got in a big fight with Metalsucks over “SJWs” and “censorship” a couple years back

It’s a killer album though.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

KK also famously called Caller of Storms from Blasphemy the n word and got knocked on his rear end by him for it. But yeah D666 as a band rules

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

KK also famously called Caller of Storms from Blasphemy the n word and got knocked on his rear end by him for it.

Lol

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Caller's a big dude, not somebody I'd recommend picking a fight with

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I once saw KK almost get in a fight with a bouncer at show, when he was coming back in from a smoke, the bouncer asked him for ID, apparently unable to read his big "I AM KK WARSLUT" shirt, and KK told him "gently caress off oval office" and squared off like he was going to punch the dude before a second bouncer intervened and let him in.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

my bony fealty posted:

what are your favorite metal sellout failure albums. there's The Unspoken King but that one just makes me sad.
Hypocrisy's Catch 22 is an absolutely garbage album but the songs all came across really fun live

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

considering the guitarist/vocalist of Bolzer is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper into psychedelics and loves history and poo poo he's literally the only dude I'd give a pass to in he doesn't gently caress with nazi poo poo.

according the wiki the wolfshook meant this before the nazis bastardized it: "In early times, believed to possess magical powers, it became a symbol of liberty and independence after its adoption as an emblem of a peasant revolt in the 15th century against the oppression of the German princes and their mercenaries."

looking at the lyrics I'd give more credence to this being the actual use of it too.

also, his dad is black and he's consistently said that nsbm is dumb.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Pretty much. Entranced by the Wolfshook is an anti fascist song.
Posted it because the main riff is one of my favorites of the last years though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrlRYJjBwU

ElectricWizard fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 22, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Bölzer stuff really bums me out. Okoi has all the signs of one of those IM NOT A NAZI, I JUST LIKE THESE SYMBOLS assholes but he’s 100% not. I had some doubts for a short time but if you learn anything about him or hear what people say who have known him then you realize he’s absolutely nothing close to a nazi. It just makes me sad on multiple levels what racist pieces of poo poo have taken and warped to the point where innocent people catch anger for it. Oh well, plenty of the actual nazis are getting pushed right the gently caress back out to the miserable fringes of the metal world which is exactly where they should be.

Bölzer rules are they working on a new album or anything? I wish they would put them back up on Apple Music :(

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

It's a fair point...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

It's a fair point...

:hmmyes:

E: Also, I should check out Bölzer. I've been sort of categorizing them with assholes like D666, but it sounds like that's unfair to who they actually are and what they stand for.

E2: Okoi is a close friend of KK Warslut, though. Take that as you will.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 22, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

It's a fair point...

I saw Nile play a three hour set once.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Okoi posted:

I harbour no ideologies based on the superiority of anyone. That said, I think it would be a great disservice to cultural and ethnical diversity if every folk would indiscriminately breed with one another the world over.

He says that this is only one component in an ongoing process of homogenisation and manipulation, to deface the identity of as much of this globe’s populace as possible.

– Beginning with dissolving borders and tribal identity. Now I am most certainly no racist, being of mixed stock myself, but in the name of cultural preservation and the importance of biological diversity, I believe countries and their inhabitants have a right to remain where they are. They should be left to practice what they have always done best; being themselves. The modern times are indeed daunting.

Ehhhh... Yeah no.

Bölzer goes back in the "nope, not worth it" box.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

KozmoNaut posted:

Ehhhh... Yeah no.

Bölzer goes back in the "nope, not worth it" box.

A mixed-race guy unironically espousing "stick with your own kind" bullshit? Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt that he thinks diversity is a good thing, that entire statement is white supremacist rhetoric. Not a good look at all. He should have stopped after the first sentence.

quote:

in the name of cultural preservation and the importance of biological diversity

This is bullshit. Cultures don't disappear when people marry outside of their culture. White supremacist talking point. Also, if he knew anything about human genetics he'd know that marrying outside one's local group is good for genetic diversity. European royalty is infamous for being ridiculously inbred to the point that Charles II had a concave face. "Breeding" with your own kind exclusively leads to an overall decrease in genetic diversity. In short,

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

A lot of these people with similar views might not even be really racist, just very dumb.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's basically echoing KK's whole "I respect all ethnicities, including my own. They should all be able to live in their own homelands" blatant dog whistling.

It's a common white supremacist tactic, to express fake sentiments of "tolerance".

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

the dude is obviously right wing like 90% of black metal musicians but there's a difference between that and actual white supremacism, and being mixed race he's not espousing that.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A human heart posted:

the dude is obviously right wing like 90% of black metal musicians but there's a difference between that and actual white supremacism, and being mixed race he's not espousing that.

He's literally doing the "a pure ethnostate for each race, free of other races/cultures" white supremacist thing.

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price
The Bolzer dude is totally sketch and also they're not a good enough band to get this worked up about them.

Also the story about KK being a dickhead to one of the Blasphemy guys is true, supposedly (and I'm quite sure this is urban legend) after KK dropped "It's great that you can make such good music with an n-word in your band.", one of the Blasphemy guys asked if he wanted to try a Blasphemy cocktail and they broke a bottle over his head.

Not sure I believe that, but it's a great story and KK totally had it coming.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I saw Nile play a three hour set once.

:same: and it loving owned. I was the bald idiot up front that got the pit all yelling "CAST! DOWN! THE HERETIIIIIIIIIIC"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A human heart posted:

lol those are literally white supremacist talking points. who could have predicted the guy with the sun wheel tattoo is a nazi! "oh it's just a symbol it's not political" is fascist gish gallop bullshit 101

when's the new Carcass album coming out this poo poo's exhausting

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

my bony fealty posted:

when's the new Carcass album coming out this poo poo's exhausting

No idea, but Greg Macintosh's new band Strigoi is putting out the first single from their debut album soon.

I absolutely love Vallenfyre to pieces, and Strigoi is supposed to be similar, but more industrial and blackened (and spoopy), so I'm looking forward to it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

this poo poo's exhausting

It really is. I wish the nazi assclowns would gently caress right off so I didn't have to do homework on bands to make sure I'm not supporting a piece of poo poo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

eXtReMe MuSiC fOr ExTrEMe pEoPlE

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

At least some bands make it blatantly clear just how lovely they are.

Just check out these lyrics: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Venereal_Baptism/Repugnant_Coronation_of_the_Beast/785361

The promo blurb for the album no poo poo ends with the phrase "SJWs beware...".

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I clicked on the first couple songs and couldn't figure out what you meant, then I clicked on track 6. I'm sure track 5 wasn't much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price
Solstice is supposedly going in a radical left wing lyrical direction next album, so at least we got that going for us.

It'll take another 15 years before it loving comes out though.