Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't get the appeal of Irn Bru. Do people like it ironically, is it a nationalist thing, what gives?

It's good OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't get the appeal of Irn Bru. Do people like it ironically, is it a nationalist thing, what gives?

Tastes good, OP.

ANYWAY

https://twitter.com/jodotcom/status/1164379638946287618?s=19

this woman fuckin owns bones. I hope she never has to pay for a drink for the rest of her life

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

AceOfFlames posted:

Tastes good, duh.

E: oh drat :swoon:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

AceOfFlames posted:

No, that's Bld & Irn

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
irn bru tastes bad. i live near the Barr factory in newcastle so i can be an authority on the subject

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think I've had more "Iron Brew" WKD than actual Irn Bru.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Quantum is a really good 4X-style board game where your ships are big chunky dice and it feels really loving good to roll them.

Irn Bru is really bad, I accidentally got a can once at uni and regretted it immensely.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I like Agricola but Mrs Boat got really good at it and unless you hyper aggressively start expanding your house and loving from the first turn she will stomp you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ka sparkling black grape is my favourite A G Barr product soda beverage.

Agricola also sounds like an A G Barr product.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1164483552043511810?s=20

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"what the gently caress" indeed :magical:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah Irn Bru ice cream is loving amazing

I like rum raisin ice cream.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I liked irn bru more when it was full sugary madness but the replacement is alright. The irn bru chew bars were good too.

I'm also partial to some dandelion and burdock or a decent fiery ginger beer

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Party Boat posted:

I like Agricola but Mrs Boat got really good at it and unless you hyper aggressively start expanding your house and loving from the first turn she will stomp you.

But enough about your sex life

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Before you consider taking your own life consider that Dershowitz might go on TV and say you did it because you're being persecuted for being a nonce https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1164371670083219456

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

DesperateDan posted:

The irn bru chew bars were good too.

Oh man they were amazing, does anyone know if they still sell them anywhere

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao, building half a semi and not even building the other half for the Africans. Peak Britain.

Did anyone ask them if they wanted half a duplex in their village?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like to imagine that she's dragged Ant and Dec with her to hand out free gifts to random villagers

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jose posted:

irn bru tastes bad. i live near the Barr factory in newcastle so i can be an authority on the subject

I'm from Falkirk so our school trips were always round the Barrs factory and looking at the safe they kept the recipe in etc. The best school trips.

It's not nationalistic though unless Russia is Scotland now.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Party Boat posted:

Agricola's great but it's kinda just simple enough that it's possible to think a bunch of turns ahead & compute everyone's moves, which stresses me out - imo Puerto Rico is a superior game, it's got the same basic mechanic but "bigger" & there's so many balls in play that you've pretty much got to go by pure intuition, rather than a bunch of involved thinking that gets in the way of drinking & chatting poo poo

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

https://twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1164484231302701057

Well technically the Channel 4 Director of Programmes grew up in apartheid South Africa, does that count?

Somehow Ian Katz is doing an even worse job at Channel 4 than my already rock bottom expectations

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Borrovan posted:

Agricola's great but it's kinda just simple enough that it's possible to think a bunch of turns ahead & compute everyone's moves, which stresses me out - imo Puerto Rico is a superior game, it's got the same basic mechanic but "bigger" & there's so many balls in play that you've pretty much got to go by pure intuition, rather than a bunch of involved thinking that gets in the way of drinking & chatting poo poo

You should try Isle of Skye, that's a great Euro game. Just enough information to plan, just enough fuckery to want to stab people.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1163803892477550594
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1163805139733495809
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1163807808065691648

:hai:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

The best ice cream is actually Tablet ice cream.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I like rum raisin ice cream.

Also a good choice.

My mates dad makes rum and raisin ice cream that im fairly sure is 90% rum.

Its amazing

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

I looked into this for my wife, I think Tangerine Confectionary sell it as a component of their 'Sweet Champions' collection, and nowhere else.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

They were, they had a tendancy to turn into filling pullers but yeah they were great

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CyberPingu posted:

Also a good choice.

My mates dad makes rum and raisin ice cream that im fairly sure is 90% rum.

Its amazing

My partner takes the piss of rum and raisin as an old man flavour but booze in ice cream is good and she's wrong

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aramoro posted:

It's not nationalistic though unless Russia is Scotland now.

dispatch_async posted:

https://twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1164484231302701057

Well technically the Channel 4 Director of Programmes grew up in apartheid South Africa, does that count?

Somehow Ian Katz is doing an even worse job at Channel 4 than my already rock bottom expectations
Looking forward to the episode where SWAPO freedom fighters reclaim their back yard and fortify the wheelie bins.

Would unironically vote for devils if they could organize enough to run as a political party. Over Lib Dems, Tories, Greens, and about 2/3 of Labour. I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing that could get you suspended tho.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ya'll want boardgames you need to get you some Gloomhaven.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Every part of this manifesto looks better than what's currently on offer by the major parties.

If they'd throw in education reform and NHS funding that'd be perfect. Why won't you commit to devouring the legislature Jeremy?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Would unironically vote for devils if they could organize enough to run as a political party. Over Lib Dems, Tories, Greens, and about 2/3 of Labour. I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing that could get you suspended tho.

I mean, devils are associated with the colour red, so they're probably Correct?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
A literal demon from hell would at least not pretend to be otherwise

Also what the hell is "euro style" boardgames? Just those complicated ones with several turn stages and complex sets of rules?

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Aug 22, 2019

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

On the one hand, another 100 years of Tory austerity, on the other, eternity in hell getting your extremities sawn off by demented imps as cackling demons warm up the pitchforks.

- this has been a party political broadcast for Guavanaut’s “Devil you don’t know” party.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

My partner takes the piss of rum and raisin as an old man flavour but booze in ice cream is good and she's wrong

Part of getting older is enjoying the hell out of old man flavours and such. Which is why I take a big bag of Werther's originals to the cinema :yum:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

sebzilla posted:

Zabaglione ice cream is the best ice cream in the universe, no contest

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Part of getting older is enjoying the hell out of old man flavours and such. Which is why I take a big bag of Werther's originals to the cinema :yum:

I always have a bag of Werthers in the car. I am not an old man but they shouldnt be allowed to hog the boiled sweets all for themselves

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Beefeater1980 posted:

On the one hand, another 100 years of Tory austerity, on the other, eternity in hell getting your extremities sawn off by demented imps as cackling demons warm up the pitchforks.

- this has been a party political broadcast for Guavanaut’s “Devil you don’t know” party.

I’m not keen on voting for the Iain Duncan Smith Was Right party.

Eternity in a workplace capability assessment.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Pochoclo posted:

A literal demon from hell would at least not pretend to be otherwise

Also what the hell is "euro style" boardgames? Just those complicated ones with several turn stages and complex sets of rules?

"adult boardgames, but not sweary-sexy adult like Cards Against Humanity, adult like actual strategy, and there's not much random chance, and also the boards are weird shapes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Failed Imagineer posted:

I hope you unwrap them before you go in so as not to violate the code of conduct.