Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

But wait there's more

https://twitter.com/BenYellowCykes/status/1162189757817876481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

What is the score for getting level 5 and opening more slots on AFK? Every time I look y'all full.

Put me in the queue, too.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Trastion posted:

No this is the King's Raid thread now. We don't do that here anymore...

Just kidding

I honestly don't follow. Is it good or bad?

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Node posted:

Is it okay to ask for an updated list of good games that are free, or worth paying for, since the OP is from 2015? I just got my Samsung Tab S4 and I'd like to load it up.

I'm interested in both bite sized gaming as well as games that take time to play.

Some good ones I've played recently (all taken from recommendations in this thread mostly)
Calculords
The Quest
Burito Bison
Door kickers
Crashlands

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Node posted:

I honestly don't follow. Is it good or bad?

Kings raid was a popular game for a while. It was talked about and bitched about for a long time in the thread and earned us our current thread title. Its probably a dead game by now though.

Here are the games I am playing currently:

Seaport - You are running a seaport sending ships out to do missions and gather resources.

AdVenture Capitalists - Idle Game that is very popular.

Puzzle Page - Daily puzzles (Sudoku, Word Search, Crosswords, etc.) some are very challenging but there are 3 skill levels to each puzzle.

Egg Inc - Another Idle game. You run an egg farm. Very popular.

Hero Park - You run a dungeon/shop area for adventures who buy from your shops and kill your monsters.

Nonogram - Nonogram picture puzzles. Hungry Cat Picross is another good one.

Gumballs & Dungeons - Very well done game that lots of goons play. Just had a big update and some new servers so not a bad time to jump in.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For people who finished Night of the Full Moon, I can recommend Pirates Outlaws. It doesn't quite have the depth or crazy combos of NotFM since you're limited to a 5-card hand and there's much less draw floating around, but it scratches my deckbuilder roguelike itch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still happy to recommend Troll Patrol as a spiritual successor to Dungeon Raid.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Anything Kairosoft' in the OP still applies. Their paid games are generally better than the free IAP ones imo

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Despotism 3k is currently on sale, for another 24hr or so I think.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hollandia posted:

i have the perfect amount of google bux for that and it looks cool. thanks!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Hollandia posted:

This looks good but does "The foremost roguelike element is that you can't save the game - you have to start from scratch every time." mean that if I close the app I start new again next time? I play games in small burst a lot and that would be a pain.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, for a moment, let's pretend that one of the most checked apps/games that I own is Egg Inc and I still feel that urge for my numbers to go up faster than anyone else's, and am looking for that feeling of being 'done' with it by reaching the highest possible Egg available. That, or being the person who carries others during these contracts that I can't seem to finish without any help.

Is getting the upgraded license worth it? Also, has anyone saved up for the Hyperloop station? How's that working for you?

I'm almost at 50 million soul eggs... is that a lot, or am I some sort of casual player, and the rest of you have like a trillion of them? I'm currently trying to get gold with the edible eggs (250m for 400 million soul eggs... my god), and it's taking a poo poo load of time. Not actually sure if I'll even be able to do it in any sort of reasonable time.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 21, 2019

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, for a moment, let's pretend that one of the most checked apps/games that I own is Egg Inc and I still feel that urge for my numbers to go up faster than anyone else's, and am looking for that feeling of being 'done' with it by reaching the highest possible Egg available. That, or being the person who carries others during these contracts that I can't seem to finish without any help.

Is getting the upgraded license worth it? Also, has anyone saved up for the Hyperloop station? How's that working for you?

I'm almost at 50 million soul eggs... is that a lot, or am I some sort of casual player, and the rest of you have like a trillion of them? I'm currently trying to get gold with the edible eggs (250m for 400 million soul eggs... my god), and it's taking a poo poo load of time. Not actually sure if I'll even be able to do it in any sort of reasonable time.

I bought the license and it helped since you could get more gains overnight with the extra silos, but stopped playing shortly after because I got pretty bored with the loop. If you're really into it and think you'll keep playing for a bit it's probably not a bad idea. I think the thing that turned me off the most from the game was the absurd upgrade cost for the gold egg stuff. The first level or two of some upgrades were affordable with grinding/saving, but then the costs shot up like 100x from one level to the next. I was only halfway through the eggs (working towards Graviton I think?) and started struggling so I figured it'd only get worse moving forward.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I got lucky with Egg Inc. and did a couple contracts that doubled my piggy bank value and then paid to open it up when they had a special for doubling or tripling the value for opening it. After all that I had a couple million gold eggs and I was able to buy all the epic research and everything I have left now is for boost. Even if you get all the possible upgrades it take you probably months or longer to get to the last egg. I recently got there and I'm sitting at about 750 trillion soul eggs, I still can't solo most of the contracts, and other than those other golden egg things all of the contract bonuses are worthless to me at this point. And yet I still find myself checking in on the game once a day. I've been playing it for maybe close to two years so at least I can't say that I haven't gotten my money's worth.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Trastion posted:

This looks good but does "The foremost roguelike element is that you can't save the game - you have to start from scratch every time." mean that if I close the app I start new again next time? I play games in small burst a lot and that would be a pain.

I'm thinking that this means that if you mess up and kill all your dudes that you have to start over, the game will save your progress if you quit out or restart your phone or the game gets killed out of memory.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

cage-free egghead posted:

I'm thinking that this means that if you mess up and kill all your dudes that you have to start over, the game will save your progress if you quit out or restart your phone or the game gets killed out of memory.

Yeah, it's really more 'no reloading' than 'no saving'.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

cage-free egghead posted:

I've played it; it's this.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I know demand is hot, but I applied to Greater Goon as apophenium. Enjoying the game so far, wanna get in on those guild activities.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

apophenium posted:

I know demand is hot, but I applied to Greater Goon as apophenium. Enjoying the game so far, wanna get in on those guild activities.

How did you apply? It just tells.me they are full.

Do we need an overflow guild? How long til you get 5 more spots?

I dont want to join a pubby guild then then get shafted by the guild-switching cooldown.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
It looks like afk goon guild has two folks who cma be kicked. a 7 day and 3 day

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

How did you apply? It just tells.me they are full.

Do we need an overflow guild? How long til you get 5 more spots?

I dont want to join a pubby guild then then get shafted by the guild-switching cooldown.

Guild tokens are apparently a really good source of getting good gear later in the game, I just joined a pubby one to punch on the treasure goblin as I pester the thread every day or two for a spot.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

fyallm posted:

It looks like afk goon guild has two folks who cma be kicked. a 7 day and 3 day

I booted the 7 day guy so we have one spot. I'm not sure 3 days is quite enough time, but I'm not the guild leader.

We are probably a few weeks from gaining another 5 slots. Anyone still waiting should probably join an open guild so they are collecting guild tokens in the mean time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bandire posted:

I booted the 7 day guy so we have one spot. I'm not sure 3 days is quite enough time, but I'm not the guild leader.

We are probably a few weeks from gaining another 5 slots. Anyone still waiting should probably join an open guild so they are collecting guild tokens in the mean time.

Is there actually a cooldown to join another guild? I am in one now and will jump over, but don't want to get stuck ina spot where I leave, apply, and find that someone else jumped in ahead of me (because current guild has enough points to unlock Soren once the leader logs in).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Vulpes posted:

For people who finished Night of the Full Moon, I can recommend Pirates Outlaws. It doesn't quite have the depth or crazy combos of NotFM since you're limited to a 5-card hand and there's much less draw floating around, but it scratches my deckbuilder roguelike itch.

Can you expand on this. Played night and won my first run and that's $6 vs $1 pirates.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Nephzinho posted:

Is there actually a cooldown to join another guild? I am in one now and will jump over, but don't want to get stuck ina spot where I leave, apply, and find that someone else jumped in ahead of me (because current guild has enough points to unlock Soren once the leader logs in).

I think it's like 24 hours or something. Not significant. You're best off sticking with a pubby guild to grind out the raid currency while you're waiting for a slot to open, you don't lose tokens by switching guilds.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I believe you have to wait an hour after leaving your guild to join another guild. There's also a lockout after joining a guild before you can do any guild battles. I think that timer is 24 hours.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Just applied as Diomedes

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
This is AFK Heroes thread now.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

We might be big enough to warrant our own thread, but I'm way too goddamn lazy for that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bandire posted:

We might be big enough to warrant our own thread, but I'm way too goddamn lazy for that.

Not that I don't want all of the talk for game I'm not playing to stop (I very much do!*), but the best way to kill discussion of a mobile game is to give it its own thread.

*I don't actually blame anyone for talking at length about this stuff. It's on me for not wanting to see it all the time, really.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Bombadilillo posted:

Can you expand on this. Played night and won my first run and that's $6 vs $1 pirates.

There's a lot more to NotFM beyond the first run, keep at it. The difficulty does ramp up, it gets decently challenging once you start the hard modes. Pirates is a lot more luck based since there's no way to increase your hand size and there's a mana mechanic (ammo) that can leave you well hosed if you draw the wrong 5 cards. It's fun, but not as good as NotFM.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not that I don't want all of the talk for game I'm not playing to stop (I very much do!*), but the best way to kill discussion of a mobile game is to give it its own thread.

*I don't actually blame anyone for talking at length about this stuff. It's on me for not wanting to see it all the time, really.

There's not enough depth to warrant a thread, it would end up on page 6 within days. Keep up the chatter here though, nice to see others playing. I friended a bunch of goons but don't see much point in jumping guilds since the one I'm in is already level 5 and unless they bring back Guild Wars there's not much to do in guild other than collect points to buy Mystic gear.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vulpes posted:

There's not enough depth to warrant a thread, it would end up on page 6 within days. Keep up the chatter here though, nice to see others playing. I friended a bunch of goons but don't see much point in jumping guilds since the one I'm in is already level 5 and unless they bring back Guild Wars there's not much to do in guild other than collect points to buy Mystic gear.

You get access to your guildmates heroes for unions iirc.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You get to do hunts, which is more daily gems and upgrading resources.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vulpes posted:

This thread is nothing but AFK Heroes for ages now and it's not on page 6? Begone to your own thread AFK Heroes, or at least go AFK so we can stop hearing about it. It's not even as if it's chat about the game, just people asking if there's space in the guild.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I like the hunts. I find them a more consistent gauge of your progress than all the other stuff available to do while your stuck on chapter 9-x

9 is slooooow going but every day i get closer to doing 4 mil dmg on a hunt.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Downloaded and started Hero Park since I saw it getting talked up in here.
So far it's been alright, only level 8 though, so I'm sure there's a ton I've yet to see.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

the_steve posted:

Downloaded and started Hero Park since I saw it getting talked up in here.
So far it's been alright, only level 8 though, so I'm sure there's a ton I've yet to see.

Well the core gameplay doesn't evolve much, you just get more things to juggle. I've mostly fallen off of it, but it held me for a good couple weeks. Solid innovation in the genre, somewhat crippled by timers and energy mechanics.

If you're making a shop game look at Recettear for inspiration instead of (insert timer based mobile game).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Egg Inc talk:

Man, I think that if you can't afford to upgrade your shipping, and it tops out, any and all excess eggs should then be automatically added to your coops/habs

Right now, I'm about 90M chickens away from the 250M for gold Medicinal trophy (15M soul eggs, yessssssss), and I've updated my habs to be able to house something like 278M, so my shipping rate topping out doesn't matter that much to me right now, but it'd sure be nice to have an optional boost at the expense of continually shipping a greater amount every minute, or however that works.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think I'm done with Hero Park as well, I was really enjoying it but it does get to be a lot to juggle later on. The biggest downside for me is when you are pushing for a challenge or to get a chest you really have to dial in and focus when everybody's flooding into your town. It gets easier when you get more auto-craft slots but I still found myself needing to open up all the stores quickly in succession to keep stuff stocked, and the UI isn't the best so this got to be a pain to tap in and out of each shop quickly for the duration of the rush. I would prefer it if the game was a steady stream of people coming in rather than short bursts of lots of people flooding in because you're burning all your attracts. Having a boss in your dungeon basically does this until they die, but as far as I know there's no way to get a boss other than finishing in a good spot on the daily challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

I think I'm done with Hero Park as well, I was really enjoying it but it does get to be a lot to juggle later on. The biggest downside for me is when you are pushing for a challenge or to get a chest you really have to dial in and focus when everybody's flooding into your town. It gets easier when you get more auto-craft slots but I still found myself needing to open up all the stores quickly in succession to keep stuff stocked, and the UI isn't the best so this got to be a pain to tap in and out of each shop quickly for the duration of the rush. I would prefer it if the game was a steady stream of people coming in rather than short bursts of lots of people flooding in because you're burning all your attracts. Having a boss in your dungeon basically does this until they die, but as far as I know there's no way to get a boss other than finishing in a good spot on the daily challenge.

Yeah, the UI isn't great, especially once your shops/dungeons get large. I notice that the Armorsmith has a +10 remember production at level 10; if the rest all have that as well, it means once you get high enough level you can almost entirely automate everything except the dungeons. In general it's keeping me interested, but it's a 'play for 5 minutes when energy fills up then put it down for a few hours' game for sure. I'm level 17 now I think and I can get boss monsters around 50% of the time from the challenges, so that's helping too.