Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Fight man is a false idol.

Down with Fight Man, and up with Timothy the mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

therobit posted:

Agreed. My neighborhood is a 25, but the assholes at the top of the hill blast down the road at 40 because they are in such a hurry to get down the the main thoroughfare. It creates a situation where the kids can only play on the side streets.

We have an issue by my supermarket with people cutting down side streets if the main roads are too slow for their tastes. When we already have an issue with small streets getting parked cars on either side because nobody can afford to live alone and they don't make four-car driveways. A couple of them have put in "this is not a main road you asshats stop treating it like one" speedbumps.

I was lucky growing up. I not only had a big backyard, it then opened up onto a hiking trail along the Rio Grande. City life feels claustrophobic by comparison even in suburbs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Replace all cars with boats on wheels.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kids used to play in streets, specially in cities where that was the only place to play and hang out. When cars came, there was generally mass child death. In most places the automobile lobby spun this into the concept of jaywalking and shifted the blame entirely onto the victims and created the modern concept of streets being places only for fast moving vehicles. The dutch though were some of the only people who didn't buy into that and instead had massive protests against it.

This is why the netherlands has some of the safest streets in the world that are actually pleasant to use while most other places are seemingly designed to kill as many road users as possible while creating bleak hellscape environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuBdf9jYj7o

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

We always played in the streets and backyards. Kids owned the loving neighborhood. But on any of these stories I feel like I'd actually have to see the neighborhood to give any meaningful response.

Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
My boyfriend (M24) is overly worried about me(F23) getting pregnant to the point where he can't perform his daily tasks as he gets severe headache worrying.

quote:

So it's my first post so I don't know what the instruction of writing post here. but I have a question about my boyfriend and want to see if this thing he does is normal for a guy or not.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 11 month, but my boyfriend has always been overly worried about me getting pregnant. As soon as we started dating, we had a chance to live together in a city where we had no family close by. when we were living together, he wouldn't have sexual intercourse (with protection) with more than 1-2 times a week because he spends days and days just thinking and worrying about me getting pregnant to the point where he couldn't sleep and he gets sensitive and gets mad at me easily.

And he explained to me that pre-marriage pregnant is the worst thing that can happen to him at the moment because he doesn't have any ability to support a family and he's afraid of what his family will react if that happens. So I tried to understand and decided not to have sex for awhile which I thought would solve all his issues. But, he wouldn't stop worrying and obsessing over it even when we didn't have sex (we did do other stuff but sex) for months, he would worry to the point where he had to see my period with his eyes to stop worrying for that month (again, even though we didn't have sex)

Now, we no longer live together, i live alone and he lives with his family as we moved to other city, but his over-worrying got worse that he doesn't want to come around me like he would do everything but never come (sexual term) because he thinks that if he comes, somehow, his sperm will travel through air and land inside of me and get me pregnant. And he has to watch me washing my hands with soap after I touch his bottom because he worries that somehow i get his sperm on my hand after touching it and if i touch my bottom while i pee and get me pregnant.

He knows that what worries him DOES NOT make sense nor scientifically and biologically possible but he still worries that would happen and get headache and can't start days thinking and worrying. I know he sexually attracted to me and wants me but he just cannot stop worrying even after thoroughly checking condoms if it had any holes post-sex.

I love my boyfriend and I understand that he worries about the stuff but I've been feeling that the way he worries is just too much and I'd like to know if this is normal for a guy to worry to the point where he can't perform daily tasks sometimes. My apology in advance if my post was confusing in any ways, this is my first post and just started being on reddit, but appreciate your time!

**TL;DR; : My boyfriend cannot have sexual intercourse with me because he gets extremely worried about me getting pregnant**.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Marchofthepenguins posted:

My boyfriend (M24) is overly worried about me(F23) getting pregnant to the point where he can't perform his daily tasks as he gets severe headache worrying.

This is called "anxiety" and can be treated.

Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
It reminds me way too much of me when I was an anxious, probably OCD-ish kid so I actually empathize with the boyfriend in that story way more than I want to think about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

This is why the netherlands has some of the safest streets in the world that are actually pleasant to use while most other places are seemingly designed to kill as many road users as possible while creating bleak hellscape environments.

very cool how the netherlands reacted to children being killed in the roads by changing the roads. too bad america is a death cult

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

People lose their drat minds if you suggest that we should be more careful with how we operate big heavy steel machines that pollute and often kill.

We let teenagers operate these things. Children. That's nuts.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

*city government proposes installing a bike lane for 50 feet*

Whiny neighbors: MY PARKING!!!!!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Ok expecting him to cut contact with the family is extreme, but lmbo at insisting she forgive psycho bro.

naw she wants the brother to be punished and the parents boys will be boysed her. the family is complicit at this point. cut them off dont be a little bitch and conform to societys rules of always love your family.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I (f 26) always want my husband (28) to check the house for murderers before I come inside but he told me he’s not going to do it anymore.

quote:

I’ve always just had a irrational fear of being murdered. It’s the worse when I come home especially in the evening or night, I’m so paranoid of someone breaking in to kill me. I don’t know why. I literally have dreams of it. I’ve always been like this, as a kid I always had my dad walk through the house to make sure no one was there before I’d come in. And now I just have my husband do it. I literally can’t relax till I know the house is empty. He has never told me “no” until last night. He said “this is ridiculous you are twenty six years old, act like it”. He told me I have to get over this fear so he can’t coddle me anymore. He asked me what if when we have children what would I be teaching them. I literally started to cry him telling me this scared me so much. He just took my hand and led me inside but he let go as soon as he closed the door. Before we went to bed I asked him if he was serious about what he said and he told me “yes”. It stresses me out so much that he says he’s not going to do it anymore. I know I may sound like a little girl but it’s my biggest fear and I can’t help it. I don’t know what to do. I kinda think he is being cruel honestly. I know he is only trying to help me, but I just think this is gonna make things even worse for me.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Straight White Shark posted:

I (f 26) always want my husband (28) to check the house for murderers before I come inside but he told me he’s not going to do it anymore.

Get out, he is going to try and murder you with his cronies now that he can reliably get you inside without performing the check. He is after you YOU NEED TO RUN

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Building bike lanes in US cities basically creates an extra lane for motorists. Deaths of bicyclists in NYC are already double what they were last year and it's only August. At least they're starting to put Jersey barriers around them.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Don't worry, they are far more likely to burgle you than kill you. Please stay in a relationship with that guy son you don't exhaust some other poor soul.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The flip side of "I hosed someone other than my wife but it wasn't cheating because it was just sex":

My husband has been cheating with the same woman for more than a decade. Is he in love with her?

quote:

As the title says, I’ve found messages between my husband and a woman he’s been having an on and off affair with for 11 years. They met for sex 3 times in 2010, 2012, 2013. Only oral according to messages because she didn’t want more.

There have been messages since where either my husband looks for her, or she looks for him. They haven’t seen each other in 6 years, according to one of the messages. He also offered her several jobs working for him over the years so they could be together but it seems she refused them all.

Last night, while I slept, he messaged her again after not talking since February 2019. She turned him down saying she couldn’t talk to him. He apologized to her! She said he didn’t need to apologize and she understood. He said he was just thinking of her and apologized again. No reply from her.

What does it mean that he’s still looking for her? After 6 years? This is all new since he doesn’t know I know. There have been other women but he keeps going back to this one. Does this mean he has feelings for her? I’m so confused. I want to confront him but since I’ve never had an affair, IS THIS SERIOUS as far as affairs go? He has cheated with countless other women, having been a playboy his whole life.

QUESTION: IS HE IN LOVE WITH HER? WHY OR WHY NOT?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Replace all cars with boats on wheels.

You want to go back to the '70s?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
[41/f] What should i do about my son's (7/m) behavior in school?

quote:

It's only the first full week of school and already, we're getting phone calls.

Monday, i got a phone call from the school's principal. Apparently, he threatened to kill someone. He has a "Girlfriend" and some other kid talked to her. Then, the same day, after school i got a phone call from his teacher. He had been disruptive in class. She was worried. So, i put him in timeout for 2 hours.

It didn't help though. Tuesday was fine, i thought Wednesday was fine. But it wasn't. He came home and acted normal, but i got a phone call from his teacher. He lied to her. He acted up Tuesday and had a note sent home that i was supposed to sign. He said i was busy and couldn't sign it.

I yelled at him and he gave up a crumbled, half torn piece of paper. He tried to hide it apparently.

But i talked to her, she said he kept getting out of his seat, running around the room, refused to do his work, she tried helping him one on one but he still refused to listen and even told her to go away.

That, and when she told him to work and that he was being disruptive, he got up and started laying on the floor. Rolling around on the floor and shouting.

Then, today, he asked to go to the bathroom. But he just vanished. He had been gone awhile, so they sent someone to the bathroom to check on him but he was gone. They literally had to shut down all the doors. Let nobody in or out, even had to notify the school officer. Apparently he just decided to go to the gym class and play with them. During class.

She said he's always good for the first few minutes of class, but always starts acting up.

When i heard this , i whooped his rear end with a belt.

Barely 4 days school has started and he seems to be getting worse.

What can i do?

Tl;dr - 7 year old son acts up in school and i don't know what to do.

quote:

No, it won't. SPanking is a good, common punishment that only Neo, hippie parents don't do (Which is why their kids are so messed up)

:thunk:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Baronjutter posted:

Kids used to play in streets, specially in cities where that was the only place to play and hang out. When cars came, there was generally mass child death. In most places the automobile lobby spun this into the concept of jaywalking and shifted the blame entirely onto the victims and created the modern concept of streets being places only for fast moving vehicles. The dutch though were some of the only people who didn't buy into that and instead had massive protests against it.

I would LOVE to see them do bike lanes this way in my city instead of the six-inch bike lane along the side of the road where you're in danger of getting sideswiped by some soccer mom texting. I would gladly support a tax levy for something like this.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

[41/f] What should i do about my son's (7/m) behavior in school?

:thunk:

Try a pair of jumper cables next time

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

welcome to hell posted:

This isn't the only thing wrong with their relationship.
How do I (26/f) confront my boyfriend (27/m) about calling me names?

why would you gently caress someone like this Why would you DATE some like this WHY WOULD YOU LET SOMEONE LIKE THIS GET YOU PREGNANT????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I SMELL BURNT TOAST najejdktnykamak

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The flip side of "I hosed someone other than my wife but it wasn't cheating because it was just sex":

My husband has been cheating with the same woman for more than a decade. Is he in love with her?

quote:

As the title says, I’ve found messages between my husband and a woman he’s been having an on and off affair with for 11 years. They met for sex 3 times in 2010, 2012, 2013. Only oral according to messages because she didn’t want more.

There have been messages since where either my husband looks for her, or she looks for him. They haven’t seen each other in 6 years, according to one of the messages. He also offered her several jobs working for him over the years so they could be together but it seems she refused them all.

Last night, while I slept, he messaged her again after not talking since February 2019. She turned him down saying she couldn’t talk to him. He apologized to her! She said he didn’t need to apologize and she understood. He said he was just thinking of her and apologized again. No reply from her.

What does it mean that he’s still looking for her? After 6 years? This is all new since he doesn’t know I know. There have been other women but he keeps going back to this one. Does this mean he has feelings for her? I’m so confused. I want to confront him but since I’ve never had an affair, IS THIS SERIOUS as far as affairs go? He has cheated with countless other women, having been a playboy his whole life.

QUESTION: IS HE IN LOVE WITH HER? WHY OR WHY NOT?

Too bad Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn did this in Same Time, Next Year back in 1978

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My [24F] husband [25M] doesn't wash his hands correctly and it's hurting our sex life.

quote:

tl;dr: My husband's germy hands turn me off and have given me infections in the past, but he gets defensive whenever I try to tell him how to wash properly to solve this problem, and he stubbornly keeps doing it his way instead.
Hygiene issues have been a bit of a saga in our relationship from the beginning, but I didn't realize how bad my husband's hygiene habits were until we got married and started actually living together. Initially -- maybe the first year of our marriage -- he wouldn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom or before eating or having sex with me; the most he would do was dip his fingertips under the water and wipe them on our (shared!!) hand towels. (There was also some weirdness about showering -- he was convinced for a while that it was fine to shower only once or twice a week and without using soap or shampoo because he'd read on the internet about people who did that and claimed it was fine.) I was getting painful vaginal infections every couple of months but didn't realize his hygiene was why until I actually witnessed him take a poo poo and walk out without washing his hands.
Naturally, that killed our sex life for a while, and it still (months later) hasn't fully recovered because my desire for him is constantly undermined by disgust about his hygiene. I've told him this in the gentlest, kindest way I know how, and he did start using soap and showering at least a little more often than before.
But despite now washing his hands before sex and after going to the bathroom, he still doesn't do it correctly, so I know his hands aren't actually getting clean. He dips his fingertips in the water, then rubs the soap into his palms like lotion or Germ-X -- no lather, and no scrubbing the rest of his hands. I've told him so many times, again in the gentlest way I know how, that soap doesn't work that way, it's the bubbles that dislodge the germs, mechanically not chemically. Not that this is the kind of thing where I have to be a hygiene expert for my voice to count -- especially because the important thing is that knowing he washes his hands wrong makes me not want him to touch me -- but I actually do know something about this because I've been trained in personal hygiene and educated children about it in rural villages. But he doesn't take me seriously on this. He just gets embarrassed, and offended that I'm telling him I know better than he does how to do this basic thing. But clearly I really do!
Y'all. I'm disgusted, and tired of having this fight over and over again, and tired of my health, sex life, and feelings mattering less than his pride. How can I finally get through to him? Or maybe if you guys address something to him about hygiene I can show it to him and he'll believe it coming from someone else.
EDIT: I'd gotten the timeline a little wrong
How did this person "trained in personal hygiene" not notice her husband was disgusting as gently caress before they got married? I have little sympathy for people that gently caress piles of garbage and then complain about infections.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This entire thread is proof that incels are full of bullshit. The most disgusting broken repulsive people are having relationships, getting married. Anyone can do it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Leon Einstein posted:

My [24F] husband [25M] doesn't wash his hands correctly and it's hurting our sex life.

How did this person "trained in personal hygiene" not notice her husband was disgusting as gently caress before they got married?

she thought she could change him. it was a point of professional pride. but see where pride gets you

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for wanting my husband to actually call me by my real name?

I hope Piro and Largo figure out their poo poo before Shinzo Abe and his rabidly nationalistic right-wing troll army will drive them out by force.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Baronjutter posted:

This entire thread is proof that incels are full of bullshit. The most disgusting broken repulsive people are having relationships, getting married. Anyone can do it.

well, no. you actually have to talk to a girl, at bare minimum

I'm guessing a big share of incel types never get over that hurdle

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Leon Einstein posted:

How did this person "trained in personal hygiene" not notice her husband was disgusting as gently caress before they got married? I have little sympathy for people that gently caress piles of garbage and then complain about infections.

You don't have to use shampoo or soap provided you exfoliate properly. Hand soap is a different story.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Beachcomber posted:

You don't have to use shampoo or soap provided you exfoliate properly. Hand soap is a different story.

yeah, it's actually super easy to transition to dry shampooing. you just yell MAKEUP! then your sidekick hits you with a powder pouf the size of an ottoman.

Cue trombone as you slowly turn to look at the audience.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Beachcomber posted:

quote:

he was convinced for a while that it was fine to shower only once or twice a week and without using soap or shampoo because he'd read on the internet about people who did that and claimed it was fine
I guess you both read the same internet blog post.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

Why do people here just start wringing their hands about incels apropos of nothing, responding to stories with no relation?

It reminds me of my conservative dad. You know, the kind who will respond to any story on this earth by shoehorning in a comment about "LIBERALS!!!"

It's kinda weird man.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 22, 2019

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

if you dont use shampoo or soap you are a gross "person" and possibly sub human

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

my desire for him is constantly undermined by disgust about his hygiene. I've told him this in the gentlest, kindest way I know how, and

He dips his fingertips in the water, then rubs the soap into his palms like lotion or Germ-X -- no lather, and no scrubbing the rest of his hands. I've told him so many times, again in the gentlest way I know how, that soap doesn't work that way,

stop being kind and gentle

tell him he's a revolting pig with an infant's sense of hygiene and kick his rear end to the curb

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Update: I (F30) divorced my ex Husband (M36) because of my MIL(60s) and suddenly he wants back in
I just posted here yesterday but it feels like weeks have happened.

So I have just left my daughter with my mother and am going to my lawyer again.

I followed some advice you guys gave me and we sat down with my daughter to "chit chat".

We knew we couldn't promt any kind of responses my asking overly spesific questions as per her therapist.

So my mother asks my daughter (Lets call her Cat)

"cat what do you and daddy talk about?"

And cat just listed many toddler things like she talks about kindergarten, games etc. When I was kind of relieved that that comment my ex made yesterday may just be a one of, came the big bomb.

"he also shows me pictures of houses and tells me I can have now 2 rooms with loads of stuff!!"

I ask if her dad is buying a new house.

Nope. Turns out that nut wants to take my daughter out of the country. He shows her pictures of beach houses and even bought her allready a bag so she can put her stuff inside it. Wich explains why so many of her clothes have gone missing.

At first I thought that my ex maybe hadn't told me yet because it hadn't come trough. But no he told my daughter to keep this as a secret because momy would get sad if she knew that daddy was going away.

So I am loving livid. And also sad because I will have to tell my daughter no. Once again I feel lost.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

How did this man manage to marry a woman without any prior incidents? Did they not have sex before the wedding? Did condoms suddenly fly off when the vows were exchanged?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Why do people here just start wringing their hands about incels apropos of nothing, responding to stories with no relation?

It reminds me of my conservative dad. You know, the kind who will respond to any story on this earth by shoehorning in a comment about "LIBERALS!!!"

It's kinda weird man.

Sorry Chad hosed your girl

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I guess you both read the same internet blog post.

No, you have to shower daily.

big trivia FAIL posted:

if you dont use shampoo or soap you are a gross "person" and possibly sub human

Initially I thought that might be the case, but multiple medical professionals have assured me that I don't smell.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Why would you advocate showering with no soap or shampoo? Jfc. You are gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

actually, soap? that thing invented by proto-humans in prehistory? it's fake news.