Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

this thread every time there's a slight disagreement on policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hear the Telegraph is moving from a monetary subscription service to one based on sending them vials of child blood.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If you write stupid enough Telegraph columns you get to be prime minister, so there's a strong incentive

e: there are other requirements too. There's a 100% chance that bojo hosed a dead pig

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 23, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
All signs point to no

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1164833832442331136?s=19

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hear the Telegraph is moving from a monetary subscription service to one based on sending them vials of child blood.

No that's their new exchange service, they send quantities on nonce photos based on the deliciousness of the blood in question.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

"Can the DUP be persuaded?" asks man knowing that the whole of the DUP's existence is predicated on the fact that they can never be persuaded.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Thingy's Law of headlines in action right there.

"The bumbling bulldog fought back" makes it sound like a particularly stupid dog tried to tell a cat what to do and immediately got smacked around and fell on its arse. I would argue that in such a light this may not be the Torygraph's worst work.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

interesting article on the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/23/moscow-campaign-to-justify-molotov-ribbentrop-pact-sparks-outcry

If only because I learned that Poland annexed parts of Slovakia with Nazi backing in 1938

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Thanks for the replies and encouragements guys, I was in a really bleak emotional place with the mental agony, physical symptoms with no relief, lack of sleep, hopelessness, fear, despair and seeing no way out but breathing foul air and then dying of pneumonia or something. I sobbed for probably the first time in 35 years. Despite my depression, my suicidal ideation isn't frequent but it is strong when it hits.

Feel immensely more positive now. Noted about the causes, damp, unlikelihood of actual cross-contamination etc, matches up with my own research but I recognise I need the expert onsite. 51% humidity is highest I've ever seen with 0 ventilation, middle-low-40% in winter, dehumidifier a yes though, it cannot hurt.

I am executing a plan, have decluttered bathroom, kitchen, hallway and my bedroom. Hoovered. Got PPE coveralls and N95 masks. Thrown away stuff already this morning. Seeing clear and clean areas of carpet again is satisfying even if the air is still fouled. 2 rooms to go: tackling a box a day, every day, bojack-it-gets-easier-you-just-have-to-keep-doing-it style. Progress is being made. Calling my expert at 11:30am today.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
thinking about how the lib dems are so obsessed with ideological purity that they won't accept corbyn as PM even if it means killing people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Why would they suddenly care about killing people?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jolyon Maugham has provoked the wrath of the Sensible Centrists by being a trans ally

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1164688492963799042?s=19

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jose posted:

Why would they suddenly care about killing people?

i dont know, i wouldve went with them being a single issue party betraying their single issue but they already did that like twice already.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling

Party Boat posted:

Jolyon Maugham has provoked the wrath of the Sensible Centrists by being a trans ally

Given the transphobic poo poo he's spouted in the past I wonder what caused the face turn

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Party Boat posted:

A very long time ago I had a coworker who was cis female and played rugby. She was built like a brickhouse and I'm pretty sure if she slammed into me she would easily have broken at least 20% of my skeleton. She was also bigger than the person in the article.

I wonder if these people concerned for the poor women at a disadvantage would also consider a genetic outlier like that coworker as having an "unfair advantage"

That's a rhetorical question, of course they'd find a contorted way of justifying it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Only Kindness posted:

Feel immensely more positive now. Noted about the causes, damp, unlikelihood of actual cross-contamination etc, matches up with my own research but I recognise I need the expert onsite. 51% humidity is highest I've ever seen with 0 ventilation, middle-low-40% in winter, dehumidifier a yes though, it cannot hurt.
I'd definitely recommend a dessicant based one rather than a compressor based one. Compressor ones seem to work better for swampy warm air, whereas I've dried out my front room (Victorian terrace, chimneys weren't vented properly before I moved in, mold smell in cupboards) and whole house with one of these (don't pay that for it though, you can get one for £170 or less if you shop around).

It's got an air sterilizer in too, and a laundry mode that dries clothes on an indoor line quickly.

Only Kindness posted:

Got PPE coveralls and N95 masks. Thrown away stuff already this morning.
Prevent dot txt

Party Boat posted:

Reading the replies (mistake, I know), Trans is the new Black when it comes to somehow having magic bones that endanger are indigenous sportspersons.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pochoclo posted:

She was built like a brickhouse

You've missed the fun bit of this saying.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Built like a poo poo brickhouse is Jelson's slogan.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Only Kindness posted:

Thanks for the replies and encouragements guys, I was in a really bleak emotional place with the mental agony, physical symptoms with no relief, lack of sleep, hopelessness, fear, despair and seeing no way out but breathing foul air and then dying of pneumonia or something. I sobbed for probably the first time in 35 years. Despite my depression, my suicidal ideation isn't frequent but it is strong when it hits.

I am executing a plan, have decluttered bathroom, kitchen, hallway and my bedroom. Hoovered. Got PPE coveralls and N95 masks. Thrown away stuff already this morning. Seeing clear and clean areas of carpet again is satisfying even if the air is still fouled. 2 rooms to go: tackling a box a day, every day, bojack-it-gets-easier-you-just-have-to-keep-doing-it style. Progress is being made. Calling my expert at 11:30am today.

Keep at it, man. Every little step is a victory.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Aren't poo poo houses traditionally at the smaller, thinner end of the brick house scale? Built like a brick 2 up 2 down, now that'd be intimidating.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1164806330101579776?s=19
https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1164804982341685250?s=19
https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1164845517374926850?s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Yeah but compared to a wooden shack outhouse they're quite formidable.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rugby, the sport that people go into knowing that they won't get injured.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Aren't poo poo houses traditionally at the smaller, thinner end of the brick house scale? Built like a brick 2 up 2 down, now that'd be intimidating.

They're considerably sturdier than a wooden shithouse, though.

e:f;b

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Wonder how long it’ll take for me to eat a suspension for telling linehan to gently caress off in the replies.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Pochoclo posted:

A very long time ago I had a coworker who was cis female and played rugby. She was built like a brickhouse and I'm pretty sure if she slammed into me she would easily have broken at least 20% of my skeleton. She was also bigger than the person in the article.

I wonder if these people concerned for the poor women at a disadvantage would also consider a genetic outlier like that coworker as having an "unfair advantage"

That's a rhetorical question, of course they'd find a contorted way of justifying it

Wasn't this exactly what happened with that female tennis player earlier this year? Cis female but naturally high testosterone so they disqualified her?

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

That reminds me, I came across this brilliant comic about gender segregation in sports and how it reinforces transphobia and white supremacism and it's very good and I want to plaster it over Hadley Freeman's face.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
This is UK related in that the UK, too, uses oxygen

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/1164668358467313664

:stonklol:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We need the hardest possible brexit so that we can achieve national autarky for oxygen.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Interesting new angle from the Mail:

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1164813327664443393

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Uhhhh

:rip: humanity I guess

E: that is absolutely a terrible map

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Eat the rich, you say? :zoid:

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 23, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

cut the dead into pieces
this is my brexit thought

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Tesseraction posted:

cut the dead into pieces

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tesseraction posted:

this thread every time there's a slight disagreement on policy

Being a goon lines up really well with not succumbing to the sixth type of liberalism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

cut the dead into pieces
No migration, no dealing.
Don't give a gently caress if I eat my arm leaving.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Capitalists: thisisfine.jpg

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Hadley Freeman is loving terrible and her status as a grauniad columnist is one of the most damning indictments of that paper.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/JenniferMerode/status/1164808284395544577

fair reminder that the EU is basically going "lol okay" at us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

sebzilla posted:

Capitalists: thisisfine.jpg

Well the alternative to bolsanaro was a leftist and what if the leftist had nationalised some trees? That might have hurt timber stock prices, so we had to make the Tough Choice and destroy the world