Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
My parents have been married for 30 years and my mom just started divorce...procedures? because she's loving tired of cleaning up after my father who has never vacuumed or done his own laundry once in his life.

tbh I'm interested to see what the gently caress he's going to do. I'm predicting he'll move into the woods and just become an insane dirty gun nut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not thanking a Veteran for his service?
He looks at me and says “aren’t you supposed to say something else now?”
"I bet you're glad to be finished with the military! Sounds lovely!"

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

big dyke energy posted:

My parents have been married for 30 years and my mom just started divorce...procedures? because she's loving tired of cleaning up after my father who has never vacuumed or done his own laundry once in his life.

tbh I'm interested to see what the gently caress he's going to do. I'm predicting he'll move into the woods and just become an insane dirty gun nut.

I've always wondered what my dad would do if my mom left. Not only does she do all the cleaning/cooking/bill-paying/scheduling/everything else, but before he retired she also did all the bookkeeping and administrative parts for his many failed businesses (that she didn't want him to start, but he did anyway), in addition to working full-time at other jobs so they'd actually have a steady income.

She will never admit this is a problem, though. The closest she ever came was when we were alone and she'd had a couple glasses of wine and said with a kind of far-off look, "It's different for your generation."

My mom is the nicest person you'll ever meet, but also an invertebrate.

Now I've made myself sad :smith:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

luxury handset posted:

pizza training is usually about learning to make things in a very traditional way, from scratch, so you can market it back in wherever you came from, and also definitely there's a lot of "gosh it's just such a shame it takes me a month of hanging out in naples, eating loads of pizza, to learn how to do it right"

the absolute basic course offered by the napoli pizza school is 9 days, for people who have never tried to make pizza before

https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/corsi

This is a grift and I love it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

"It's different for your generation."

Offfff. That hurts. Sorry.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

As someone who struggles with very late caught ADHD, I can get depressed about my chronic slobness at times.
But lol man this thread is like the cure for that, I'm still miles more functional and self-sufficient than so many of these apparently normal brained dudes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I absolutely love the man child posts, because I am one but not half way as bad as these guys (full time career, wipe rear end, do b laundry, etc) and it makes me feel good to read about people who are bigger losers than I am.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wait... Someone actually listened to good advice?!

(UPDATE) My Brother(18) has been poisoning my girlfriend(24) for the past 3 years

quote:

u/iCutWaffles
TLDR; My brother was adding milk to the sauce in the pasta dishes and making my girlfriend have severe allergic reactions.

I've read over 200 comments from you guys and it just validated my mind that my family is hosed up.

I contacted my mom and confronted her about why she would defend my idiotic brother and she basically said he was young and stupid. I told her a few of your comments and that Katie could press charges and she broke down crying, saying he won't do it again. Hell no he won't because I told her I decided to cut them off for good. Katie was actually relieved when I told her I was on her side and cut them off. Basically told me she was going to dump me for being an idiot who couldn't support his girlfriend of 3 years when she was basically being tortured for fun. I'm just glad she didn't and that we are getting through this together.

Thank you guys for every comment, even the ones calling me out for being an idiot trying to make Katie forgive my brother for the horrible things he did. When you're faced with this kind of dilemma and you've been close to your family for over 20 years you get blindsided.

So me and Katie cut them out starting today and we plan to move to the USA next year ( we always wanted to live there) and finally be far away from them.

Huh. Good job, reddit!
I'm glad the make peace thing was just a dumb knee jerk reaction

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I really wonder what happens when the rug is pulled out from under these lazy guys. A lot of them don't change for such a long time because they're in an environment where there's zero personal incentive for them to be more independent. If you had someone in your life catering to your every need and you were not ashamed of it, why would you want anything else?

Which is why it's interesting when that support system actually goes away. Without a mom or wife to nock off of, how well do they fare? Probably the most infuriating are the ones that suddenly get a job and wipe their own rear end PERFECTLY FINE, indicating they were certainly capable of it all along but just let others do all the work.

There was a type of sociopath like this in the book 'The sociopath next door'. Their gimmick was that they were very manipulative at doing as little work as possible in life. Like it wasn't even learned helplessness because they were perfectly functional in theory, they just had zero shame in getting everyone else to take care of them.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Which is why it's interesting when that support system actually goes away. Without a mom or wife to nock off of, how well do they fare?
One of two ways - either they were fully functional all along and just lazy fucks OR they desperately search for anyone else to be their new mom. Seems like a total crapshoot which is which.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 24, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Voting Floater posted:

A lot have the mentality that he'll change, grow up, start taking responsibility etc. It's such a shame that so many women don't hit the realisation that the man isn't going to change until they're already locked in with marriage and/or children and face a much uglier break-up than if they'd cut their losses years earlier.

It really doesn't help that there's a lot of socialization of the idea that the filth-elemental stage is natural for young guys living alone, he'll grow out of it, etc., on top of the very heavy socialization for girls/women that you'll never find a perfect man, love takes work, and taking care of him is your job as his partner. (As mentioned above with the "different for your generation" story above, I think older women were really socialized to treat men being domestically useless as normal, with a kind of "what can you do, he's just a man" attitude.) This is starting to change a little -- even the expectation that a dude should grow up and help eventually is a modest improvement -- but I don't think it's going to get traction until we really start teaching little boys to clean up and do indoor chores like we teach little girls.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Miserable Maid posted:

Wait... Someone actually listened to good advice?!

(UPDATE) My Brother(18) has been poisoning my girlfriend(24) for the past 3 years

Huh. Good job, reddit!

yeah but on the other hand they're moving to the USA so still no happy ending

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

AITA for telling my GFs Son he has to go to college to live with me?

This one is special to me, because my wife and I took in her kid brother who has done gently caress-all with his life in the year since he moved in. Somehow Tron is even more motivated than him.

https://youtu.be/o9wipZFDoHQ

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Myparents (50s) tried blackmailing my(f23) fiance (M38)

quote:

This is such a weird post but I need help.

So first things first. Yes my fiance and I have an age difference of 15 years and it might be creepy but our relationship is completely honest and healthy. We met 8 years ago when I was visting my big brother at his university and my fiance "Ben" was one of the young professors.

At that time we didn't really talk. I just asked him some questions of his field and that was that.

When I was 18 I started attending the same university but a different major and I started talking to him more and more and we went out on some dates and then started officially dating a year later and got engaged in January.

My parents had a hard time accepting him because of our age difference and my father still to this day borderline hates him. But I thought everything was cordial.

My fiance helped out with my mother's cancer treatment and Co signed with them so that they could buy their dream house.

Yesterday my fiance came home livid. He waited to talk to me till I finished my paper and then dropped the bombshell.

My parents called him up to their house today to talk. When he arrived they were acting shady and asked him if he could loan them 37k dollars. My fiance said no because we were saving money for a house of our own and our wedding. So they planted a few pictures in front of him.

It was from one of my visits I made when I was 15 and was casually talking to him and told him that they would go to the police and say that he statutory raped me (a.o.c is 16 here) if he didn't agree to give them the money. The picture wasn't even a bad one. I was literally just talking to him. But they say they were going to use that to show the police that he had been grooming me.

I was literally stunned. I didn't know that my parents needed money... Neither did I know that they were capable of such and atrocity. I don't even know what to do.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pinecone Sample posted:

Oh gently caress, everybody sucks here. I hope all these people are locked in a dungeon together.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Hella foresight to snap a pic of your 15 year old talking to an older dude. Like they should give their fortune teller a nice tip for that guess.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

ulex minor posted:

yeah but on the other hand they're moving to the USA so still no happy ending

Mind you they're coming from Italy.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pinecone Sample posted:

Joke's on them if they think most professors make good money.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Grape posted:

As someone who struggles with very late caught ADHD, I can get depressed about my chronic slobness at times.
But lol man this thread is like the cure for that, I'm still miles more functional and self-sufficient than so many of these apparently normal brained dudes.

This discussion motivated me to clean my bathroom today. I find I get blind spots; "I'll take care of that later" stuff disappears from my mind until I realize I've been stepping around a pile of laundry for a week that takes a couple of minutes to do (in-unit washing machine, really no excuse except that it feels odd to not run a full load) or there's no counter space because of glass jars to recycle (one flight of stairs, "I'll grab them on my way out" never actually happens). And then there's general cleaning, where a bathroom counter that would just need to be wiped down once a week turns into a mass of dust and stray beard hairs and soap scum that's now an actual chore so onto the procrastination list it goes.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for throwing my boyfriend's belongings out the window after he snapped at me?

quote:

I’ve known my boyfriend for a pretty long time, and we finally started dating early this year. I really like being with him, and the feeling seems to be mutual. He’s very affectionate and makes me feel loved. We talk about our future plans a lot. He also has a daughter, who I met once & she apparently “loved me,” and we’ve met each other’s parents so I think things have been getting somewhat serious.

Last night, he invited me to a show at a bar where some of his friend’s bands were playing. I didn’t really want to go because I was super tired (in hindsight I should’ve stayed the gently caress home and avoided this whole situation...) but I agreed anyway because I wanted to spend time with him. I’m extremely introverted while he has some outgoing tendencies, so I let him socialize with his friends and do his thing while I sat at the bar. No big deal, I've done this plenty of times. Doesn't bother me, and it seems to work for us.

After about two hours, the bands finished playing and it was getting late (about 11:30) and we needed to head back to my apartment because we both had work in the morning. I asked him if we could leave, but he kept insisting he wasn’t done socializing and needed to say goodbyes. I stood outside in the rain in a dry area and waited for him. After ten minutes, I started texting him saying “LET’S GOOO!!!” and called him so he’d get a move on.

When started driving home, he loving. lost. it. He started screaming about how I’m trying to control him, how I’m "Hitler", how I’m a narcissist and will never be successful in my career or amount to anything. He even said some misogynist poo poo about women being psychos. I tried to calm him down, because I’ve NEVER had a partner yell at me like that before and it was scary. He wouldn’t change his tone and rationally discuss why he was upset with me. He wasn’t willing to work towards a solution and understand each other’s perspectives. Instead, I was the loving worst person in the world because I wanted to go home after sitting by myself for two hours while he caught up with friends. In retaliation, I called him a deadbeat dad (he only sees his kid a few times a month) and that his only redeeming quality is that he is attractive. I knew these were low blows, but I felt like I was being attacked and didn’t know what the hell to do because he wouldn't cooperate with me. Obviously, it didn’t go over well.

This is where it gets really messy. After we arrived at my house, I locked him outside and told him to go away. He refused to leave until I gave him back his overnight bag. So I emptied out the contents, and dramatically threw them out the window. So his clothes were scattered around the parking lot, now wet from the rain.

In the morning, I received a text from him that said “well that sucked but I refuse to be around that behavior” and he blocked me on social media.

AITA?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for throwing my boyfriend's belongings out the window after he snapped at me?

Everyone sucks, him moreso because there is NEVER a good excuse to.go off on your partner to that degree, but she sounds absolutely exhausting to be around and it's clear that the relationship was on thin ice and this had been building a long time.

Also, pretty sure he's your ex now honey...

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 24, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My [19f] friends all joke boyfriend [19M] is dumb and that I'm only with him because of his hair. He found out and shaved it.

quote:

My friends are always making jokes about how dumb he is. I always defend him when they start clowning him. My dad and brother are ruthless when it comes to "E". They met once and he didn't know what 9/11 was and thought there were like 5 black presidents before Obama. They never let me forget about it.

I don't think he's dumb. I just think he's really sweet. He's soooo sweet. He keeps his grandma's friends, company. We can't talk about anything "deep", but I don't want to talk about deep things with him. He also never pressures me to do anything past kissing and that means so much to me. If things ever go too far and I stop him, he just smiles at me. He's just that sweet.

They also joke that I'm only with him because of his hair. He does have the most gorgeous hair. But that's not the only reason I'm with him. He's not the smartest, but he's the cutest and the sweetest. I like him, that's all that matters.

Long story short, he found out that my friends are always clowning him for being "stupid" and got super hurt. A notification from my group-chat came up and he saw a dumb joke/compliment his hair.

Now, he wants me to drop them all because of the things they said about him. We haven't been together for that long and I don't want to leave my friends for a guy. They made some mean jokes, but they're my best friends. I told him, I wouldn't cut them off. Then he shaved his head. He got a buzzcut and I think it was to prove something. When I asked him about it, he said he just wanted something different. He asked if I still liked him, and of course I still do.

But if he shaved his hair because of the comments my friends made, I don't think we can be together. I understand that he's hurt, but that's too extreme for me. I want to be with him, and I really like him.

If he did it because he wanted to change his look, it's all good. But shaving your head over a joke someone else made is so drastic.

Edit: This has nothing to do with his hair not being "gorgeous", he's so fine with the buzzcut. It has nothing to do with appearances and everything to do with his motivation.

Edit: My friends and family aren't monsters. He just says things that they can't ignore. They just don't laugh about it behind my back. We are always 100% with each other. I always defend him, when they do start clowning him.

/r/malegrooming
How long does it take men's hair to grow back?

[Update] My (19m) boyfriend cheated on me (19f) while we were on a break waiting for his hair to grow back

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Oh gently caress, everybody sucks here. I hope all these people are locked in a dungeon together.

It's creepy that a 33 year old is pursuing and interested in 18 year old college freshman, and given his capacity as a college professor that should be a red flag.

That being said, if someone says they are going to tell everyone you are a pedophile if you don't pay them $40k you should report them to the police immediately. Either they were bluffing and it causes a bit of a ruckus then goes away, or they try to do it and you've already provided the police evidence of the blackmail attempt and are in a somewhat safer legal position.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [19f] friends all joke boyfriend [19M] is dumb and that I'm only with him because of his hair. He found out and shaved it.

/r/malegrooming

[Update] My (19m) boyfriend cheated on me (19f) while we were on a break waiting for his hair to grow back

lmao at all of this

pentyne posted:

It's creepy that a 33 year old is pursuing and interested in 18 year old college freshman, and given his capacity as a college professor that should be a red flag.

That being said, if someone says they are going to tell everyone you are a pedophile if you don't pay them $40k you should report them to the police immediately. Either they were bluffing and it causes a bit of a ruckus then goes away, or they try to do it and you've already provided the police evidence of the blackmail attempt and are in a somewhat safer legal position.

they should talk to a lawyer first. it's not a good look to go to the police and say "hey this person is going to say i'm a pedophile but i'm just letting you know, i'm totally not a pedophile"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pinecone Sample posted:

what's really funny is if she dumps him her friends will all clown on her with "lol we were right, you really were just dating him for his hair!!"

owned

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

Everyone sucks, him moreso because there is NEVER a good excuse to.go off on your partner to that degree, but she sounds absolutely exhausting to be around and it's clear that the relationship was on thin ice and this had been building a long time.

Also, pretty sure he's your ex now honey...

Yeah this is what I was thinking.

There are no winners here but doing that is some next level bullshit.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pinecone Sample posted:

lmao light his rear end up. found the ages elsewhere

Last night, I (26f) threw my boyfriend's (36m) belongings out the window after he snapped at me.

he's 36 with a kid and he's hanging out around bars on a thursday night? cmon man

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

/r/malegrooming

Are those updates real? Because lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The hygiene and cleanliness issues probably aren't helped with untreated anxiety, depression and/or overwork being the norm for young people now.

The idiots thread in GiP is fun reading with the occasional story of some real dysfunctional filthy idiots who somehow managed to get enlisted. And not all of them are just obvious cases of mommy doing all the cleaning for them, though there are a few who genuinely don't understand how washing clothes works.

There's also people from hoarder houses and other obvious mentally ill families who were never taught even basic hygiene.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

lol at a guy with a kid losing his poo poo that he couldn't keep yakking with people past 11:30 on a work night.
Her reaction eventually was bad too, but there's nothing exhausting about wanting to go home and hit the hay asap when you got poo poo to do bright and early.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

derra posted:

Are those updates real? Because lol

No I made it up sorry

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Too good to be true, got a laugh outta me though

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Frog Act posted:

My [20] fiance's [27m] behavior while online gaming is destroying our relationship

A rare story where the partner is a gamer and it's the least lovely thing about him.... A real catch.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Xik posted:

A rare story where the partner is a gamer and it's the least lovely thing about him.... A real catch.

Theological questions to ponder:
Tired: Can God create a stone so heavy that even He cannot lift it?
Wired: Can God create an adult male whose most redeeming feature is being a gamer?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dude who shaved his head is cool, that’s a power move, I can respect that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm picturing Brock Samson for some reason.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm picturing Brock Samson for some reason.

Samson’s a good name to check here, yeah.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Here's a guy with a lot to say, since he reposted this story 26 times, with varying titles

I [33M] want my ex [22F] back after ending it with her

quote:

My girlfriend and I were together for 3 years. We have an age gap relationship. She’s 22 im 33. Out of all three years this one has had to be the most stressful. For the last 6 months I’ve been unable to make ends meet. If it’s not one thing it’s another.

My situation started Valentine’s Day. My girlfriend purchased me a new pair of Nike Air Maxes and a nice T-shirt I had been whining about and I didn’t have anything to give her but a card and some candy. I felt so embarrassed at the fact she spent $200 on me. She was happy with her gift but deep down inside I felt like she had showed me up.

I never told her how I felt about how much she spent on me and I wanted to try and get her another gift but I just didn’t have the funds. Then comes the beginning of March. I had got pneumonia in March and ended up missing numerous work days and had to be hospitalized as well. My ex took off paid leave came and stayed with me the whole week. She made sure I had eaten, she cooked for me, made sure I had medicine in my system.

Because of me being terribly sick in March I was unable to pay my mortgage. My girlfriend volunteered to pay the remainder in the terms that I pay her back little by little so that it wouldn’t hinder me on paying my other important bills April comes and I finally get my hospital bill. While also being behind on other bills. This has Just put stress on me literally. I started getting upset about everything One day in April my girlfriend was over and I started complaining about how I’d had the same pair of pants for 5 years and how every T-shirt that I had started to get stains and holes in it from wearing it too much. She said she would get me some better ones when she got paid and I told her don’t worry about it. two days after that my girlfriend came over with a bag full of clothes basically replacing things that I had complained about in my closet. She spent $30 from goodwill which isn’t much but she did add more clothes to my closet. May comes and I can’t pay my mortgage again. And I had to borrow money from my grandfather to pay my rentals insurance I invited my ex to a family gathering at the end of May.

TL:DR: I wanted her to finally meet my fathers side. And It was the worst mistake of my life. My ex humiliated me and made me feel like i wasn’t a great boyfriend. My ex told my family at a gathering about our relationship struggles and ended up telling them how she took off work when I was sick and how she’s been helping me through my hard time and I broke up with her for not only airing our business but throwing me under the bus to people I have to see on a day to day basis.

I ended it with her because I would never talk about her to a family member and it just showed me how little respect she had for our relationship she betrayed our bond. She did tell my family that she loved me.

'He's been going through some financial trouble what with the medical bills and all. I've been helping him out.'
'HOW DARE YOU loving BETRAY ME!'

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm sure he's a douche, but that does sound like airing dirty laundry which you wouldn't expect from a partner, I wouldn't be impressed either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for expecting a guy who invites me to his house for a movie date at dinner time to offer drinks or food?

The setup: I’ve known this guy for a couple years and we’ve worked together occasionally. We’ve had a couple dates before. We split the bill without any discussion or issue.

He Snapchats me one day to come over to his place that night and watch a movie he has. I say sure.

I forget the rest of the snapchats, but at some point I replied “pizza and a movie” and he replied “yeah see you soon!” It was just an innocent phrase but I didn’t eat that day and assumed we’d get food together.

I show up and he has the movie. I say “so are we getting food?”

He says “I already ate. But I’m sure you have apps on your phone if you want something.” Then he leaves to go to the bathroom.

I sit there awkwardly. This guy previously talked about being a men’s rights guy. A normal one, not an incel dickhead. He also mentioned he’s low on cash. But isn’t it just good manners to offer guests in your house food or some poo poo? If he was too broke I’d obviously be happy to get him something, but that wasn’t the vibe I got since he bragged about a new game he bought.

He returns and turns on the TV and turns off all the lights. Then he goes into the kitchen, which I assume is to get alcohol.

I call out casually “what do you got to drink?”

He calls back “Do you like tap water?”

This is not some red pill bullshit. I know this guy, he’s serious. There’s nothing in his fridge but muscle milk, water, and kale.

I call out, “Yeah, sure.”

He brings me back a glass of tap water. He winks at me.

I’m starving. I haven’t eaten since 8am.

I say “Hey, I don’t wanna be weird, but I thought we were getting pizza.”

He says in a sympathetic tone, “Oh. I see. You must have been confused. YOU mentioned the food, not me. I should have cleared that up, I ate earlier. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. We can still get a pizza if you want. Just pick anywhere nearby and order it.”

This is still kind of lovely to me, but I ignore it and order one large pizza. The pizza shows up. I eat two slices of it. The rest of it sits there the entire movie. He doesn’t offer to contribute the $6 it would cost to split it. He tries to make out with me during the movie. I stop him and feel too weird to be into it.

After the movie, I decide it would be better just to talk about it rather than feel bad. I tell him my feelings and how he’s weird with money and I’m uncomfortable. He feels bad and gives me $6 right away and thanks me for speaking up. There was no bad intention at all. No red pill, no plan, nothing. Just a dude who didn’t think my pizza was his responsibility.

Then he asks me to have sex with him.

I decline. Knowing we still have to work together, I manage to tiptoe out the door.

I don’t expect or need people to buy me things, but I think offering houseguests food when you invite them over at dinner time is a sign of good manners. (And then they can offer to split the tab)

AITA?