Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1164968996527120384

Was expecting a lot worse tbh, the video was really ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Play posted:

McVay led the way, pretty soon no starters will ever play in the preseason, even if they don't cut the games down to 2. Basically it'll just be an emporium for cheap undrafted talent to hurt themselves playing clownball and then get cut.

concept: the entire preseason is replaced with increasingly hellish bears kicker tryouts

a lavish and grotesque spectacle

dozens of men trying to kick 43-yard field goals while hanging upside down, then while running on a carousel, then from the back of a moving train

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'd be down with replacing preseason with kicker thunderdomes. Just leave prater out of it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Make preseason Matt Nagy's Ultimate Kicker Challenge where kickers fight to the death or some poo poo. You miss a kick you lose a finger and ultimately YOUR LIFE.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Make preseason Matt Nagy's Ultimate Kicker Challenge where kickers fight to the death or some poo poo. You miss a kick you lose a finger and ultimately YOUR LIFE.

This is the NFL. You know that this would end up with only the Patriot's kicker alive.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

mastershakeman posted:

All time top 5 has 3 Hawks: chelios, Kane, roenick

Actually it's got 3 Red Wings: Chelios, Modano, and Hull :smug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lol

PupsOfWar posted:

concept: the entire preseason is replaced with increasingly hellish bears kicker tryouts

dozens of men trying to kick 43-yard field goals while hanging upside down, then while running on a carousel, then from the back of a moving train

sounds fun, im in. lets add juggling chainsaws and being pelted by rotten vegetables though

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

PupsOfWar posted:

If you miss a kick you are buried up to your neck and the next guy up has yo kick your head through the uprights.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Is the turf on Soldier Field still trash or did they finally fix it?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jarrad Davis’ ankle is hosed.

gently caress the preseason.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Jarrad Davis might be dead. That's bad.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Add Ragnow to the list

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Styles Bitchley posted:

Is the turf on Soldier Field still trash or did they finally fix it?

Yeah they stopped using "local Illinois sod" and it's now no longer a hellscape

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol oh lions never change.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
season off to a great start!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Glad I didn't pay attention all off-season, maybe I can carry that momentum into the actual season.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Play posted:

I had to look up who that was, but it makes sense. He's an honorary Canadian at the very least

Late on this, but Chris Chelios is American. :patriot:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I saw a guy on the train wearing a Blake Bortles jersey the other day.

I live in Nottingham, England.

This probably makes aboutt as much sense as me being a Lions fan I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MikeCrotch posted:

I saw a guy on the train wearing a Blake Bortles jersey the other day.

I live in Nottingham, England.

This probably makes aboutt as much sense as me being a Lions fan I guess

Jags play one London game a year, so it makes perfect sense

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ragnow just has a minor ankle sprain.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I know everyone falls in love with bottom of the roster receivers during pre-season, but I think Shepherd is legit.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1164714615386923008

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Ragnow just has a minor ankle sprain.

Thank Christ.

Still expecting the worst with Davis.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Thank Christ.

Still expecting the worst with Davis.

What's worse, sitting on the sidelines watching the Lions lose or being in the game actively contributing to the Lions losing?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Hizawk posted:

What's worse, sitting on the sidelines watching the Lions lose or being in the game actively contributing to the Lions losing?

The former exposes you to Matt Patricia more so

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

Sitting on the sidelines, if you're on the field you can at least hope to make enough highlights to get traded to a better team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Kaare Vedvik 0-2 now for the Vikings in preseason. I think we all knew that was coming in some form, not that he isn't a talent but that his 11/12 in the preseason for the Ravens was a lucky stretch and the Vikings fell for it giving up a fifth round pick. Really good players come from the fifth round.

He is an intriguing talent but he'll have to be pretty drat good to be worth a fifth rounder and so far his lack of experience seems clear

Shrimpy posted:

Late on this, but Chris Chelios is American. :patriot:

Every hockey player has a bit of canadian in him, that guy won two of his stanley cups playing in canada and one playing canada-adjacent, which is why I called him an honorary canadian. That probably doesn't extend to his son in law but whatever

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1165354136105377797?s=19

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Play posted:

Kaare Vedvik 0-2 now for the Vikings in preseason. I think we all knew that was coming in some form, not that he isn't a talent but that his 11/12 in the preseason for the Ravens was a lucky stretch and the Vikings fell for it giving up a fifth round pick. Really good players come from the fifth round.

He is an intriguing talent but he'll have to be pretty drat good to be worth a fifth rounder and so far his lack of experience seems clear

He definitely had the distance and then some on the 54-yd try. And this is the same team that burned a first on Treadwell so we've got a high bust bar around here.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
im not exactly worried about Vedvik since he still made the xp, but next game and the first game of the season will be telling. idk what's gonna happen to bailey tho.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
the bears' 2nd stringers were so intimidating that andrew luck retired soon after encountering them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And this, friends, is why Bob Quinn has invested a shitton of resources into our o-line.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Checking the bears box score and scrolling straight to the Kicking Stats.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Packers cut Josh Jones.

I'm sure he's going to finally put it together for another NFC north team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Whooping Crabs posted:

Packers cut Josh Jones.

Ted passes on TJ Watt for an injury-prone corner, a malcontent, and Vince Biegel. Everyone insists "Wait and see!"

2017 has got to be in the top 5 for worst Packers drafts, and that's even with Montravius Adams and Aaron Jones tentatively being OK. Adams is still just depth and AJ is injury-prone.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Hand Row posted:

I know everyone falls in love with bottom of the roster receivers during pre-season, but I think Shepherd is legit.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1164714615386923008

I got the same disease, this was a great catch https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1165442410773540864?s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mods rename me Jhorsted

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
People angry that Luck got boo'ed walking out of the stadium his last time as a Colt but we all know it was just trash Bears fans.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Checking the bears box score and scrolling straight to the Kicking Stats.

:same:

I’m impressed he hit a 58 yarder. I’m too lazy to see if Parkey hit one that long.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Bird in a Blender posted:

:same:

I’m impressed he hit a 58 yarder. I’m too lazy to see if Parkey hit one that long.

His longest was 54.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
meanwhile, on teams with actual kickers:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1165076843583565824?s=20