Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Thumbtacks posted:

Extremely satisfying update:
Hoping the HR idiot on Jill's side also got something but that's as solid a win as I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thumbtacks posted:

I really want to believe.

The HR talk seems accurate, so maybe justice does exist sometimes.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for slapping apples out of my sister's hand while she's driving?

Imagine dying in a crash because the apple you slapped out of your sister's hand got wedged under the brake

Mm, yes, lemme just slap the driver and distract them just to prove myself right. Totally rational course of action

Thumbtacks posted:

https://reddit.com/r/ProRevenge/comments/cvb3b6/coworker_tried_to_get_me_fired_over_breast/

TLDR: Coworker harassed me over having implants (which I only got because I had cancer), I called her out, she reported me to HR for calling her out, I got a bunch of people to write statements of all the times she harassed me and she got fired instead.

Perfect :kiss:

Also a good prorevenge story that isn't petty instead

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Interviewer had a photo of my house

quote:

I went on an interview last week and I think the manager I met with had a print-out with a picture of my house in his interview folder. I didn’t get a clear look at it, but it looked like an old house listing. I have my address on my resume, but this freaked me out. I’ve never experienced something like this before and it feels like an invasion of privacy.

Is this normal? Should I remove the specifics of my address and just list my city and state moving forward?

quote:

That is not normal. It’s creepy and it’s invasive. There’s zero reason he needs a photo of your house.

At least one commenter here has mentioned in the past that an interviewer looked up their house online, concluded they weren’t hurting for money, and tried to lowball them on salary as a result. This is not a normal practice, it’s totally inappropriate, and I hope this is that same interviewers because otherwise it means there’s more than one person doing this.

It’s fine to just include your city and state on your resume. That used to stand out as a little weird (and could make employers wonder if you were actually local or not), but it’s increasingly common these days.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
My wife thinks I'm hiding something because I won't give her the code to my gun safe - even though that would be illegal because we live in a country which takes gun control seriously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ctujwe/aita_for_refusing_to_give_my_wife_the_code_to_my/

quote:

So I recently started hunting. In my country it's law you have it in a locked approved weapons safe in your home. It's exclusively for hunting. My wife asked me what the code to the safe is and I refuse to give it to her since she has no business opening the safe. I purely see it as a safety risk. She got really upset and went on this huge rant about how I didn't trust her and thought she was stupid and if I hid anything else in there etc. But I still refuse to give her the code. AITA for not giving her the code?

Edit: She says she asked her friends and they all agree with her that I'm shady, trying to hide something in there.

Edit2: Here you need training, courses, tests, and finally a license to own a gun. You can't just buy and own guns, it's a fairly big process and exclusively for hunting. My wife knows nothing about guns, never fired one, and don't care to learn, and it would be very illegal for her to do anything with the gun.

Edit3: Yes, it is also illegal for her to have the code. The gun and safe is officially registered to me, so only I can use it in any way. Her having the code is flat out illegal.

Edit4: So from the 150 comments so far I have come to the conclusion that I am either completely right, or completely wrong. Seems to be pretty split down the middle lol.

Demanding that your spouse break the law just to prove that they're not hiding something? She's the one who's being shady.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Nudism at home

quote:

I am in England, U.K. and I am wondering about my rights to be stark naked in my garden. I live in a rented house so I don’t own the property, and to complicate matters my garden is one of six which all back up against each other. From the upstairs of all the houses you can see into pretty much all of the gardens. I am also wondering if engaging in sexual activity would affect my rights? Thanks guys!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Interviewer had a photo of my house

quote:

At least one commenter here has mentioned in the past that an interviewer looked up their house online, concluded they weren’t hurting for money, and tried to lowball them on salary as a result.

lol i loving love Small Business Logic

"looks like you've got a big house, mister. you must have a lot of money so clearly you don't need any more. here's a lowball offer."

but also:

"looks like you've got a small crappy house, mister. you must be really hurting for money so clearly you aren't in a position to bargain. here's a lowball offer"

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Sagebrush posted:

"looks like you've got a big house, mister. you must have a lot of money so clearly you don't need any more. here's a lowball offer."

but also:

"looks like you've got a small crappy house, mister. you must be really hurting for money so clearly you aren't in a position to bargain. here's a lowball offer"
The best part is it works no matter how you frame it.
You have a big house so you must really need the job to pay for it. Here's a lowball offer.
You have a small house so you don't need a lot to pay for it. Here's a lowball offer.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Sagebrush posted:

but also:

More like

looks like you've got a small crappy house, mister. you don't uphold the kind of image we want at this company which pays $45,000 for an entry-level position that requires 5-8 years of experience

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

my (20f) boyfriend (22m) whored himself out to a dude on grindr

quote:

me and my boyfriend have been together for nearing two years now and have just moved out from our parents' into a shared house with 3 of our friends, and have been living here for about 3 months with our two cats. everything was seemingly perfect until last night he confessed to me that 4 months ago, while we were looking for houses, he downloaded grindr and bottomed for the first guy who messaged him and got paid £40 for it. we have both been in really bad relationships where we were cheated on so I trusted him completely and when he first told me I thought he was joking. his reasoning behind it was he has always been into being pegged by a girl, so he might be gay and wanted to "put it to bed" I'm bi myself so the fact that it was a guy isn't the bit that bothers me, but not only did he cheat but he was paid to let the guy cum in him. a bit of background, we had a brief thing 4 years ago (a month long at most) until he left me for another girl. for the first few months of our relationship this time around it was a source of massive anxiety for me but he promised to never hurt me like that again. I moved past it but now all I can think is that it's just a matter of time before something happens again. he said he hated every second of it and it's made him realise that he's not gay and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I asked what he would have done if he did enjoy it and all he said was "I don't want to think about it". I asked if he ever cheated or thought of cheating with girls and he said no, it was purely curiosity. were still together and are trying to maintain a sense of normalcy (rest of our housemates don't know and I don't want to out him like that, or put any of our living statuses into question) but every time I look at him it's all I can think about and I'm loving disgusted. I never could have imagined him doing this, it's ridiculously out of character for him and I'm starting to question whether I even know him. like I said were still together now but I really don't know what to do, the guys we're living with were his friends first and foremost and I don't question that if things did go sour they'd take his side. If I leave ill have to move back in with my mum and loose my only actual friends, but I don't know if I can live with this.

Tldr; boyfriend of 2 years whored himself out on grindr to see if he was gay and now I either have to move back in with my mum or accept it and I don't know what to do

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man that seems like a bargain for bareback, AND the finish? Guy needs to revisit his pricing structure.

Also run far away, girl.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

my (20f) boyfriend (22m) whored himself out to a dude on grindr

Nobody pays bottoms. Tops get paid.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Nobody pays bottoms. Tops get paid.

Seems like a market ripe for disruption. Maybe C-U-M can ram in there with a penetrating new paradigm.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I'm gathering that he got hosed in the butt for free, but the £40 was to take the load. Important distinction.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Edit folks pointed out this is pretty dark.

At its core I saw a really dysfunctional relationship and not being able to set boundaries or saying no.

years of hearing about heinous poo poo out of that region has desensitized me to the horrific setting.

Sorry about that.

freeasinbeer fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 25, 2019

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Forty quid to cum in a bum? That's a bargain if I ever saw one.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Uh, hard pass dude.

Who woke up and though "Like Caro, but worse? Great thread content!"

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Yeah that is way too horrific for this thread.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like our No Horrors rule.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 26, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Summarizing the story after the dude apologized and edited it out really isn't as helpful as you think.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cockmaster posted:

My wife thinks I'm hiding something because I won't give her the code to my gun safe - even though that would be illegal because we live in a country which takes gun control seriously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ctujwe/aita_for_refusing_to_give_my_wife_the_code_to_my/

Demanding that your spouse break the law just to prove that they're not hiding something? She's the one who's being shady.

They don't trust each other so it's just rearranging deck chairs at this point, but randomized audits (where he has to punch in the code, but she doesn't see it) should satisfy both of them.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They don't trust each other so it's just rearranging deck chairs at this point, but randomized audits (where he has to punch in the code, but she doesn't see it) should satisfy both of them.

It's such an obvious solution, how loving stupid are these pehahahahahah.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Any employment attorney’s here? Can an employer fire someone for not reading books?

LOL

JFK! My dad must have joined corporate America,

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I (M48) took care of my son's (M18) ex girlfriend (F19) while he's away at bootcamp.

quote:

Just a little bit of background information before I get into the meat of the story. I [M48] recently went through a pretty nasty divorce with my now ex-wife. My son, "Jason [M18]," has been dating this girl from his high school, let's call her Samantha [F19]. They were getting pretty serious, they were together for about 3 years. One thing that always put me off was this unexplainable sexual tension between Samantha and I, but neither of us made any moves.

Jason shipped off to Marine Corps basic training in July, but Samantha has still spent the night at my house. She was obviously going through some emotional issues having her boyfriend leave for 13 weeks, so I took it upon myself to care for her, not only emotionally, but physically too. She longed for my touch, and I hers. I know my son wouldn't have wanted her to feel upset, so I did what I felt, and what Samantha felt needed to be done.

I wrote a letter to Jason explaining everything that happened, knowing that he'd be grateful. But the letter I received back last week blindsided me completely. He said he wanted nothing to do with me or Samantha anymore, and how it was "unbelievable" that I'd do something like that to him. Samantha had been a wreck since I broke the news to her. She needed the comfort, and my son made it clear that our relationship was over. Clearly me and Samantha had something special, and if my own son couldn't realize that, then it becomes my responsibility to take care of her. We've been officially together for the past three days, and I can see growth in both of us already. I've never had a relationship blossom this early, I can tell we're going to be amazing together. Am I in the wrong here?

TL;DR: My son shipped out to Basic Training, I took care of his girlfriend's emotional and physical needs. My son wants nothing to do with us anymore. AITA?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (M48) took care of my son's (M18) ex girlfriend (F19) while he's away at bootcamp.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pinecone Sample posted:

"Dad-Cucked At Boot Camp" sounds like it's a new Tingler.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Must be hard to type without using either hand.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That was typed with toes I think, needed to work the balls too for that one.

E: ^^fuuuuuck youuuu

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

that guy wrote a lot of words just to avoid saying "i hosed my son's girlfriend"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dewgy posted:

"Dad-Cucked At Boot Camp" sounds like it's a new Tingler.

needs "...so I got drilled in the butt by my drill sergeant"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I assume that started as a penthouse letter only for the dude to find out penthouse no longer exists and them settle on reddit as a backup

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

No, YOU thank ME for MY service

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dads a stereotypical Gen seXer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fake sex itt

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking with some dropshipping places to make "My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend who is also my son fights for your freedom" bumper stickers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Got a couple sandwiches on the grill with the pork chops

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pinecone Sample posted:

well he went into the right branch

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pinecone Sample posted:

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pinecone Sample posted:

Thats disgusting. "Hey son. I have wanted to gently caress your gf since she was sixteen and now i finally did it. All is good here, love dad"