Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

dad's just prepping his son for what will happen with the next woman he dates while he's deployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

FAUXTON posted:

Got a couple sandwiches on the grill with the pork chops

:discourse:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (M48) took care of my son's (M18) ex girlfriend (F19) while he's away at bootcamp.

Everything about this is believable except the letter.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

datajugend posted:

Thats disgusting. "Hey son. I have wanted to gently caress your gf since she was sixteen and now i finally did it. All is good here, love dad"
It's like the worst Dear John/Ken Burns letter ever

"Dearest Son,

I hope that the rigours of Boot Camp are enervating your spirit. I write to inform you that Dearest Samantha has been in terrible need since your departure. . ."

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

lol i loving love Small Business Logic

"looks like you've got a big house, mister. you must have a lot of money so clearly you don't need any more. here's a lowball offer."

but also:

"looks like you've got a small crappy house, mister. you must be really hurting for money so clearly you aren't in a position to bargain. here's a lowball offer"

Never mind that if someone isn't desperate for more money, then that would most likely mean that they can afford to reject a job offer that wouldn't give then what they're looking for.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (M48) took care of my son's (M18) ex girlfriend (F19) while he's away at bootcamp.

Typical that a bunch of leftists itt would be mad at the Dad, who in the story is just a patriot supporting the troops the only way he knows how.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

Any employment attorney’s here? Can an employer fire someone for not reading books?

So besides the "you should read more if you think an apostrophe means 'look out: here comes an S'" my company does this. Well, not this.....the intention is good their execution is awful. You get to expense $25 month on books (of any kind) and you are given a Kindle when you start. If you want some super expensive engineering/text book that's all good, just expense it and don't expense anything else until it's "paid off" on your $25/month.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Oh my God, that is beautiful.

The dad has a point abou leaving horse in a field alone, but there is absolutely no shortage of horses people will give you that are no good for anything other than hanging out with another hose head to tail so they can fly switch for each other. I had a few of those and because horse of course one was more expensive than he should have been because he was always sick and his teeth were so grounds down when I got him he couldn't properly graze so I had to feed him grain. He was the best, sweetest thing and his name was Booger (nobody knew his name and he came to me sick and snotty).

Cockmaster posted:

My wife thinks I'm hiding something because I won't give her the code to my gun safe - even though that would be illegal because we live in a country which takes gun control seriously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ctujwe/aita_for_refusing_to_give_my_wife_the_code_to_my/

Demanding that your spouse break the law just to prove that they're not hiding something? She's the one who's being shady.

Uhhhh...isn't it a reasonable compromise for him to open it for her? I mean....this isn't a healthy dynamic anyway, but like.....just open is when she asks so she can see your rem 700 and the boxes of cartridges sitting in there? This isn't hard, it's just an orange flag.

This isn't a thing in the US but if my wife gave a gently caress she would just ask me to open it (because she is not good at combo locks even though she knows the combo). This has never happened, and we're going on 20 years next May. Also the safe is only full of hunting rifles and she knows that and doesn't care.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Motronic posted:

So besides the "you should read more if you think an apostrophe means 'look out: here comes an S'" my company does this. Well, not this.....the intention is good their execution is awful. You get to expense $25 month on books (of any kind) and you are given a Kindle when you start. If you want some super expensive engineering/text book that's all good, just expense it and don't expense anything else until it's "paid off" on your $25/month.

That sounds extremely reasonable.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That sounds extremely reasonable.

It is....and if that expensive book is directly related to what your job is.....NOT part of your $25. Just expense it because that's your job.

It's pretty incredible to be working for a largely sane company.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Motronic posted:

The dad has a point abou leaving horse in a field alone, but there is absolutely no shortage of horses people will give you that are no good for anything other than hanging out with another hose head to tail so they can fly switch for each other. I had a few of those and because horse of course one was more expensive than he should have been because he was always sick and his teeth were so grounds down when I got him he couldn't properly graze so I had to feed him grain. He was the best, sweetest thing and his name was Booger (nobody knew his name and he came to me sick and snotty).

Uhhhh...isn't it a reasonable compromise for him to open it for her? I mean....this isn't a healthy dynamic anyway, but like.....just open is when she asks so she can see your rem 700 and the boxes of cartridges sitting in there? This isn't hard, it's just an orange flag.

This isn't a thing in the US but if my wife gave a gently caress she would just ask me to open it (because she is not good at combo locks even though she knows the combo). This has never happened, and we're going on 20 years next May. Also the safe is only full of hunting rifles and she knows that and doesn't care.

Maybe he's paranoid about her learning the code when he punches it in and going in there later.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Maybe he's paranoid about her learning the code when he punches it in and going in there later.

On the other hand, if you're concerned your spouse is going to snitch on you over some process crime, just sever and save yourself the headache.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Motronic posted:

It is....and if that expensive book is directly related to what your job is.....NOT part of your $25. Just expense it because that's your job.

It's pretty incredible to be working for a largely sane company.

Oooh, my bad, I took it as you were complaining.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Why would that be a problem? You can punch a code or dial a combo without someone else seeing....

Oh, right....because the entire relationship is already a problem and this is just a symptom. I was probably being too generous about how this could be fine.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oooh, my bad, I took it as you were complaining.

lol I totally didn't take it as you giving me poo poo so either I suck at reading comprehension or you weren't being mean enough.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Motronic posted:

Why would that be a problem? You can punch a code or dial a combo without someone else seeing....

Oh, right....because the entire relationship is already a problem and this is just a symptom. I was probably being too generous about how this could be fine.

Yeah, from the way he describes the situation I imagine that she might complain if he didn't let her see the code and say that he cleared out anything incriminating before opening the safe.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

pentyne posted:

"How dare she not tell the world I have massive jackhammer dick and am rocking her brains out every time we gently caress!"

It's not even some small dick ego its the absurd fantasy that you are the best sex she'll ever have in her entire life. God forbid something not be perfect when it comes to a penis.

Men and woman both known exactly who they had the best sex of their life with and it is 100% not the person they happily married. It was the fun crazy maybe dangerous? person they had a fling with once but know in their heart would make a terrible life partner.

Kind of amazing that we lack enough empathy in this thread that it's surprising that a spouse might find comments like this hurtful. Don't look where you don't want to find something but most people would be hurt to know their partner isn't satisfied with them. It's basic human nature.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I (27F) can’t process what my boyfriend (27M) did last night.

quote:

We’ve known each other for 10 years and have lived together 2 years.

Last night, we were drinking downtown. It was the end of the night, just us two at a bar and we called an Uber together to go back to our apartment. We got a ride, but that ride cancelled. We were looking for a new one and my boyfriend walked up the block for a second but I didn’t think anything of it. Then I saw him get in an Uber without me and leave. We weren’t in a fight, he wasn’t blacked out, we hadn’t agreed to leave separately and we weren’t with a group of friends. Just us two and he left me.

I immediately texted him (my call function doesn’t work right now). He was texting me saying he was looking for me but his location showed he was driving away. Ultimately, it showed he went to a friends house. I was so upset he abandoned me like that, that I got a hotel and went there alone. I’m here now and don’t know what steps to take next. Should I take steps to move out?

TLDR: My boyfriend abandoned me downtown inexplicably what do I do now

Comment posted:

Does he use drugs? Seems like something a couple people I know would do.

OP posted:

Coke recreationally. But maybe not recreationally after this behavior.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
My [29M] girlfriend [28F] started using an Adult Pacifier and generally regressing + becoming more childlike. Help?

quote:

Throwaway because this is a little more personal than I want to get on my main account, which I mainly use to post on gaming subs.

My girlfriend has started acting like a small child. I’m not sure why but I know she dealt with some abuse as a kid so maybe that contributed? I don’t know though because she wasn’t like this when we first got together.

It started out with her asking me to read her stories at night. I thought okay, this is was kind of cute. She’s an insomniac so I thought this might help her with that.

Then she bought an “adult” pacifier on Amazon. I’m not gonna lie, this freaked me out a little. She said she bought it to lose weight. Basically to help with the oral fixation part of over-eating. I asked why she couldn’t just chew gum or something but she didn’t really have an answer.

There have been other things too. We share a Netflix account. I looked at our history just out of curiosity. She’s been watching a ton of kids shows and movies. Not even like spongebob or shows that can also appeal to teens/adults. I’m talking shows geared toward pre-schoolers. I didn’t mention this because I didn’t want to embarrass her.

There have been other things too. Like buying slime and other stuff on amazon. She says it helps her with stress. But the ones she gets seem like something my 5 year old niece would ask for. Bright pinks and purples with rainbow beads.

It’s also carried over into her diet. She’s become really obsessed with strawberry milk lately. And whereas we normally eat out a lot, and get stuff like sushi or Italian or Mexican....lately all she wants if we go out is stuff like chicken fingers or Mac and cheese.

The crazy thing is that she’s a professional with a great salary. She’s actually an attorney at a corporate firm. Well put together. You would never guess this at all.

Anyway, I tried to approach this gently and asked if she’s going through something. But she says that she isn’t and acts oblivious to what I’m talking about. And honestly I’m starting to feel like I’m crazy...

I guess I thought I would ask here in case anyone has experienced something similar? Any advice as to how to cope with this? Is therapy a good option?

Any feedback at all would be great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xik posted:

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] started using an Adult Pacifier and generally regressing + becoming more childlike. Help?

Get her therapy and run.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

house of the dad posted:

Kind of amazing that we lack enough empathy in this thread that it's surprising that a spouse might find comments like this hurtful. Don't look where you don't want to find something but most people would be hurt to know their partner isn't satisfied with them. It's basic human nature.

Sure the truth might sting a little, but he's going to tear apart a family with children over a fairly harmless statement. The wife even said she was satisfied so he's making a huge deal out of relatively nothing. It would be an entirely difference case if she said she was unhappy with her husband, but that's not what's going on.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Dazerbeams posted:

Sure the truth might sting a little, but he's going to tear apart a family with children over a fairly harmless statement. The wife even said she was satisfied so he's making a huge deal out of relatively nothing. It would be an entirely difference case if she said she was unhappy with her husband, but that's not what's going on.

I agree immediately jumping to "I gotta get divorced" is stupid but that's still a pretty lovely situation and would probably crater your self esteem. We can't expect people to behave like robots and choose the most logical option.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Motronic posted:

Entirely reasonable. When my ex-partner and I got together (hi if you're reading!), he offered to store his firearms at the range if I was uncomfortable with them in his house. I'm sure if I had asked him to open the gun safe for me, he would have. It would have never occurred to me not to trust him. I didn't even understand what the woman in the story was concerned about at first; I guess worried about him storing things other than firearms.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If hes storing his mistresses in their shes got bigger problems than an affair

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

house of the dad posted:

I agree immediately jumping to "I gotta get divorced" is stupid but that's still a pretty lovely situation and would probably crater your self esteem. We can't expect people to behave like robots and choose the most logical option.

Penis size seems to be unique in how touchy men get over it, tell a man that he's bad at oral sex or has no fuckreativity and he'll just laugh, but tell him that his penis is a great size and suddenly all hell breaks loose because you didn't say "biggest and best"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

QuarkJets posted:

Penis size seems to be unique in how touchy men get over it, tell a man that he's bad at oral sex or has no fuckreativity and he'll just laugh, but tell him that his penis is a great size and suddenly all hell breaks loose because you didn't say "biggest and best"

The equivalent that's come up before is telling a woman her boobs are too small.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. Dude's girlfriend admitted she's super horny and was masturbating to him and his only reaction is anger over "wasting his time" before they got breakfast, not pulling down her panties that very moment. 😂😂

This could actually be the dumbest loving post I’ve ever read in my 13 years on this forum.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

QuarkJets posted:

Penis size seems to be unique in how touchy men get over it
I think it's because it's one of those things you really have no control over.

Balding? Hairpiece, plugs, or the Qball.
Weird body? Workout to the max or become a waif.
Too attractive? Talk about all these wonderful Reddit friends you have.

Substandard peen?
Uh. . . Well. . . I'm sure someone will love it?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The equivalent that's come up before is telling a woman her boobs are too small.

Except the thread is full of examples of men picking apart every aspect of women’s bodies over the course or years before they crowdsource Reddit to find out if it’s “normal” and full of examples of men firebombing their relationships because they got a 4 star dick ratings to their wife’s best friend.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xik posted:

I (27F) can’t process what my boyfriend (27M) did last night.

He's cheating. He just up and got a better offer that night.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

I think it's because it's one of those things you really have no control over.

Balding? Hairpiece, plugs, or the Qball.
Weird body? Workout to the max or become a waif.
Too attractive? Talk about all these wonderful Reddit friends you have.

Substandard peen?
Uh. . . Well. . . I'm sure someone will love it?

I sometimes wish it were bigger but it’s generally cool = “substandard” now? Boy I have breaking news for everyone in this thread with a dick.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MasBrillante posted:

Except the thread is full of examples of men picking apart every aspect of women’s bodies over the course or years before they crowdsource Reddit to find out if it’s “normal” and full of examples of men firebombing their relationships because they got a 4 star dick ratings to their wife’s best friend.

I mean, yeah, bad ones though

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MasBrillante posted:

I sometimes wish it were bigger but it’s generally cool = “substandard” now?
That's basically his takeaway from it.

Dude could be packing a Tallboy and is just going to obsess over the minutia of how it could be better until it drives him mad.

Girl probably could have said "his balls are too large/small/dangly" and the dude would have brushed it off with a laugh but OH GOD NOT THE DICK

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 26, 2019

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar posted:

I mean, yeah, bad ones though

Giant rolleyes collapsing into a singularity.

FilthyImp posted:

That's basically his takeaway from it.

Dude could be packing a Tallboy and is just going to obsess over the minutia of how it could be better until it drives him mad.

And why do we normalize that? Why do we empathize with it instead of saying hey man, that’s super unreasonable and a totally unfair standard of pretense to hold all your female partners to?

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

QuarkJets posted:

tell a man that he's bad at oral sex or has no fuckreativity and he'll just laugh

i don't think this is true at all

^ what is the unfair standard? don't talk about the physical inadequacies of your partner because it'll probably hurt their feelings? men and women can both probably handle this gargantuan task

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

It's a uniquely judged thing. Yeah, anyone with a normal sized dick is going to say "heh yeah what's the big deal" but anyone with a dick they consider abnormal or subpar is going to find a lot of anxiety or pain in it. It's something you have zero control over and yet still derives a lot of your worth as a partner for a large amount of people.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But it seems like none of you can accept that your dick is normal and also that men and their relationships with each other are their primary source of “knowledge” about what is adequate but it is women who are supposed to indulge this, lol.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
it's funny when men have insecurities about their body because they are men

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MasBrillante posted:

Giant rolleyes collapsing into a singularity.

I’m not sure what merited this response so I must be a bit lost. Sorry!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m not sure what merited this response so I must be a bit lost. Sorry!
The poster is insinuating that you're using a 'Not ALL men' defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

MasBrillante posted:

But it seems like none of you can accept that your dick is normal and also that men and their relationships with each other are their primary source of “knowledge” about what is adequate but it is women who are supposed to indulge this, lol.

I don't know who this "you" is but men also have insecurities that are reinforced by society as a whole. You're trying a little hard.