Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Seriously can y’all just make your own thread

Now you know how I felt about this thread when it was all Dark Souls and Witcher for most of a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Witcher 3 GOTD (game of the decade)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Or MGS V but nobody wanted to talk about Quiet or Silence or Mute or whatever prancing in the rain because she has to absorb water

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Sure you're not thinking of Ocelot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://youtu.be/9L1WYMKSaTA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Seriously can y’all just make your own thread

oh no we're discussing games in the games thread

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Wait until cyberpunk drops.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ain't gonna be seeing me post because I'll be playing that shiiiiiiit

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got till the 6th when the next PoE league starts and then I disappear into the abyss for 45 days or so.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The wife and kid and I are going to give World of Warcraft Classic a shot since we never played it the first time around. We were playing Everquest and EQ2 during those years. We briefly played WoW during the panda expansion but it was just everyone running dungeons as fast as humanly possible over and over again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The wife and kid and I are going to give World of Warcraft Classic a shot since we never played it the first time around. We were playing Everquest and EQ2 during those years. We briefly played WoW during the panda expansion but it was just everyone running dungeons as fast as humanly possible over and over again.

The dungeon experience for classic is completely foreign to Panda LFG. Everybody gotta walk to that dungeon, there's a meeting stone outside each instance that does nothing. That's where the party hangs out in the same way a crew stakes out a liquor store they plan to rob.

<GoonSquad> is going PVP Hoard Herrod. <Girls Only> from the Vashj <Relax> days is doing PVE Hoard Mankirk. <Doom House> is doing PVE Alliance Thalnos.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’d be down to play WoW Classic I just need a computer.

Does it run with 2004 system requirements?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

colachute posted:

I’d be down to play WoW Classic I just need a computer.

Does it run with 2004 system requirements?

The entire client is like 3.5 gigs so I think it might.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I can't wait to relive 2004 again with 10% of the spare time I had 15 years ago

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I laughed.

My wife made plans to play wow classic for most of the evening so I'll probably hop on as well until I get bored.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, I'm hopping on Mankirk Horde with the <girls only> goon server. Best of luck on y'all's nostalgia journey.

I said it in the PoE thread, but if Path of Exile is a seasonal hike through the Appalachias then WoW Classic is a shared suicide pact on to the summit of Mount Everest.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Give me PvP or give me death (vanilla was legit the only time I had fun in PvP)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Give me PvP or give me death (vanilla was legit the only time I had fun in PvP)

World PvP was the best part of vanilla. Blackrock Mountain pre-2.0 was better than battlegrounds.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wotlk was the time i had the most fun in wow

as soon as cataclysm hit, it all went away

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have no interest in playing WoW anymore as I've been clean for many years but I do look forward to many people realizing that classic WoW was in fact absolute dogshit, we just didn't realize it or care because there was nothing else on the market. Rose colored goggles are gonna be a motherfucker.

Unless you actually enjoy it, then I guess you be you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't miss spending like 2 loving hours trying to find a group to run an instance with

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

I don't miss spending like 2 loving hours trying to find a group to run an instance with

That’s why you join a guild.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

when i played hearthstone for a bit you could get some deck or hero by leveling a pally to 20 in wow.

i installed, did it in a couple hours. the second i hit 20 i was in deadmines and just logged out immediately and uninstalled.

ill never go back again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

penny arcade is garbage hth

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB posted:

im shocked its still a thing

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This one time, I played Star Wars Galaxies.

There, I admitted it. Happy?!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EBB posted:

It is garbage. But that one is all right.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EBB posted:

It's ok to let people laugh at a funny thing without being a dark mean ol' little rain cloud

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
There are bands I hate that have one song I like. PA is like that. They've got one or two things I think are funny, but usually its outright trash.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Would definitely install WoW classic to kill time, but I've got a licensing exam to study for and a thesis to write. As much as I'd like to run through Molten Core proper. Tetris 99 and Super Mario Maker are about all I've got time for.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Rushlimbob/status/1166128894430388225?s=19

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nougatzadeh/status/1165930142008532992?s=09

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 27, 2019

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There were like 1.2 million people trying to login. I am sure Blizzard made a killing on resubbed even if they only stay a month.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

There are bands I hate that have one song I like. PA is like that. They've got one or two things I think are funny, but usually its outright trash.

This I agree with.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5nV9aKthU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lest we forget about the patron saint of WoW, LEEEEROY JENNNKINS!!!!

https://youtu.be/mLyOj_QD4a4

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: R6 Siege
I see its on sale on the Uplay store, Do I "need" any of the operators that come with the other editions of the game? I don't mind burning money if there is fun to be had, but if they don't add anything significant I'll stick with the base game.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bengy81 posted:

RE: R6 Siege
I see its on sale on the Uplay store, Do I "need" any of the operators that come with the other editions of the game? I don't mind burning money if there is fun to be had, but if they don't add anything significant I'll stick with the base game.

If you’re into the gadgets that you can use with other operators, yeah you should probably spend a bit more.

If you’re just running and gunning you can get away without a bunch of operators, though loadouts are different for every operator, but you should be able to find something that suits a running and gunning play style.

Otherwise you can unlock them as you play, it just takes forrrrreeevvvveeeerrrrrrrr for some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

colachute posted:

If you’re into the gadgets that you can use with other operators, yeah you should probably spend a bit more.

If you’re just running and gunning you can get away without a bunch of operators, though loadouts are different for every operator, but you should be able to find something that suits a running and gunning play style.

Otherwise you can unlock them as you play, it just takes forrrrreeevvvveeeerrrrrrrr for some of them.

Meh, I might wait until this weekend then, since its F2 play for the holiday, see if I even like it before I buy.