Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Some dive shops will let you dive for free if you dive with a speargun and kill any lionfish you come across.

Then there’s this, which of course comes from Florida.

https://youtu.be/6lG-snJZIV8

I was actually going to bring up people lionfish hunting with glocks if i had been thinking of the right fish. loving beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bird cooch posted:

Like msg? Might want to give that a Google.

I am not a doctor, however my wife has dealt with migraines her entire life. We've had several studies done to try to identify migraine triggers for her. Meats, especially red meat and processed meats, and chocolate are two of the biggest.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am not a doctor, however my wife has dealt with migraines her entire life. We've had several studies done to try to identify migraine triggers for her. Meats, especially red meat and processed meats, and chocolate are two of the biggest.

I sympathize. I get migraines triggered by tree nuts but not peanuts and aged hard cheeses that are nonpastuerized. The parmasean cheese in the plastic dhake bottles? Fine. A block of parm you shave yourself? Lose vision in an eye within hours and migraine and throwing up

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Some dive shops will let you dive for free if you dive with a speargun and kill any lionfish you come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG-snJZIV8

embedding it for ya

this is a stupid gun video but if that encourages more people to kill lionfish its 1000% cool and good

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Wizard posted:

Vegans that don't understand or refuse to accept that there are big parts of the world where veganism isn't feasible are easily the worst.

It's been years since I've actually encountered an aggressive vegan. I regularly see chuds who brag about being "carnivores" getting offended by the existence of vegans and non-meat foods every time there's a news story about a meat alternative.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's been years since I've actually encountered an aggressive vegan. I regularly see chuds who brag about being "carnivores" getting offended by the existence of vegans and non-meat foods every time there's a news story about a meat alternative.

There's a chain of BBQ joints in Texas that have a slogan on the employee shirts that goes like "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables" and it's so godamn stupid

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

There's a chain of BBQ joints in Texas that have a slogan on the employee shirts that goes like "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables" and it's so godamn stupid

The bottom of the shirt should say "Why does my butthole hurt?".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I just hate cooking and grilling meat is easy and doesn't heat up my house.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Cast-iron skillet bro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Biden's going on Colbert next week.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

yeah but how's the barbecue

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yeah, that takes longer than grilling and heats up the house. And doesn't solve the problem of like...being good at prepping and cooking.

Edit: I obviously deal with it and act like an adult, just not as much as I should and I mutter to myself in irritation through most of it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Cast-iron skillet bro

This

I almost exclusively use my cast iron skillet to cook because it's easy mode and works so great. The only thing I dont use it for is tomato sauce based or other acidic stuff that could affect the finish of the pan.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

yeah but how's the barbecue

The brisket is loving insane

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

This

I almost exclusively use my cast iron skillet to cook because it's easy mode and works so great. The only thing I dont use it for is tomato sauce based or other acidic stuff that could affect the finish of the pan.

Same dude. Everything I cook when I live alone is cast-iron skillet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Laughing at the mental image of the typical american in 2019 "clawing" their way anywhere.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

hobbesmaster posted:

Would the test change the treatment?

No but it would get the school to cover the cost of a lunch.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

DurosKlav posted:

https://splinternews.com/trump-wants-his-new-friends-to-come-over-and-play-at-hi-1837574769

Isnt there laws about this sort of poo poo? Not that the Republicans care about laws.

Emoluments clause of the Constitution, pretty much.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:cripes:

Pole spears are ~$40, and the cleaning of that weapon afterwards has to be hellacious :gonk:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Moray eels will eat lion fish but only dead ones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Moray eels will eat lion fish but only dead ones

*slapping mag into glock* Well let's give them a lot to eat

Pretend that sounded cool

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't the range for a handgun underwater only like, 5 feet?

Now those shotgun slugs that are hollowed out in the middle and look like you're shooting 3/4" nut fasteners, I bet those get a good ten or twenty feet underwater.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Isn't the range for a handgun underwater only like, 5 feet?

Now those shotgun slugs that are hollowed out in the middle and look like you're shooting 3/4" nut fasteners, I bet those get a good ten or twenty feet underwater.

Yeah

That's why the guy was shooting those fish at the daunting range of like 8"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sawed off shotgun with steel shot would probably be a ton of fun for that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Fletchette rounds

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
A sharp stick

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Some nasty insults

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sassy tweets

MORE LIKE LYIN' FISH

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It’s nice to see what the power of Florida man can accomplish when they have a proper release for their violence.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

DurosKlav posted:

https://splinternews.com/trump-wants-his-new-friends-to-come-over-and-play-at-hi-1837574769

Isnt there laws about this sort of poo poo? Not that the Republicans care about laws.

Someone post judge Dredd LAAAAAAAWS.vid

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1166314389521227777?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Basically just an ongoing experiment in how directly you can insult your voters without losing an iota of support

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Guess who farmers (read: agricultural land owners, not the undocumented folks doing the actual farming) are going to overwhelmingly vote for in 2020?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Guess who farmers (read: agricultural land owners, not the undocumented folks doing the actual farming) are going to overwhelmingly vote for in 2020?

Literal identity politics.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fallom posted:

Basically just an ongoing experiment in how directly you can insult your voters without losing an iota of support

One of my buddies has convinced himself that trump is secretly a genius thats intentionally trolling everyone with every :wtc: thing he does... destroying the country to own the libs i guess

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The business model of most farmers is hire exploitable immigrant labor at low wages and awful conditions to make you money on your multi million dollar property, so even with the trade war, their material class interests rationally align with the GOP.

It's white wage laborers with precarious savings and health care who keep voting R who are the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

The business model of most farmers is hire exploitable immigrant labor at low wages and awful conditions to make you money on your multi million dollar property, so even with the trade war, their material class interests rationally align with the GOP.

It's white wage laborers with precarious savings and health care who keep voting R who are the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

Also agricultural subsidies insulate them from Trump's stupidity.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Also agricultural subsidies insulate them from Trump's stupidity.

Except most of the subsidies got eaten up by big agra. Small and mid size family farms got the shaft.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In fact, a lot of chinese owners of american megafarms benefited more than american farmers from the subsidies to counteract the president's tariffs.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Mr. Nice! posted:

In fact, a lot of chinese owners of american megafarms benefited more than american farmers from the subsidies to counteract the president's tariffs.

Source? I want to use this for an argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nystral posted:

Source? I want to use this for an argument.

Here's one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...l?noredirect=on

Here's a story about a Brazilian meat company qualifying for the subsidies: https://www.motherjones.com/food/2019/05/among-the-beneficiaries-of-trumps-tariff-bailout-for-farmers-a-brazilian-owned-meat-company/