Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Rebel Scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Think of the guaranteed returns if you put down a 5 quid accie on "everything" tho

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Think of the guaranteed returns if you put down a 5 quid accie on "everything" tho

Unfortunately they won't let you do combined bets because i was just going to look for everything on the list Liz Truss has ever mentioned.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I could buy a BBC franchise.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Betfair getting grim as gently caress:

Surprised to see Network Rail on there. But then again we live in hellworld now so probably they will do the actual selloff on the 20th anniversary of Hatfield.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lmao this promoted tweet I just got

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's ok a change.org petition will save us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

It's ok a lostfrog.org petition will save us

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

:getin:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
If the bookies actually thought rationing or privatisation would be a possible outcome within the next three months they’d be offering odds on “nothing”. This is just standard paddy power viral marketing.

Still funny though

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

:getin:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Of course my computer would absolutely poo poo itself the day of a constitutional crisis

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Of course my computer would absolutely poo poo itself the day of a constitutional crisis

So you're having a computational crisis?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Reveilled posted:

If the bookies actually thought rationing or privatisation would be a possible outcome within the next three months they’d be offering odds on “nothing”. This is just standard paddy power viral marketing.

Still funny though

I don't think you understand how specials betting works. By definition a specials bet is long odds because it's something that's unlikely, but it has to be something that's within the realms of possibility or there'd be no market for it. Nobody's offering a market on whether the sun will rise in the west tomorrow. Also on broad non-exclusive markets like those two I posted there's no point in offering a lay because the odds will be way too short for anyone to be interested. If you absolutely must, I'm sure you could find an exchange that would let you lay that bet, but I'm pretty sure you'd need to put up several grand before your winnings round down to zero.

Although you're right to say specials often used for marketing purposes, this pre-dates Paddy Power by decades if not centuries. Bookies were offering odds on the Loch Ness Monster being captured before WWI.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mehall posted:

So you're having a computational crisis?

I'm uploading a virus to your machine as we speak

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Tesseraction posted:

You really shouldn't have tried to make it solve the Irish border question.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

lol I wish

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

+20k in a few minutes

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Like all petitions it'll get a "gently caress off we'll do what we want" response and nothing will happen

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

So that's why I've got this painful erection

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kassad posted:

You need at least a 32 county address bus to do that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kassad posted:

rip my desktop, thought of technological solutions and died

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Illuyankas posted:

Like all petitions it'll get a "gently caress off we'll do what we want" response and nothing will happen

Clicktivism really is one of the worst gifts of the internet.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

When this reaches 100k they will sit and discuss it in parlia.. oh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SNP's Joanna Cherry says that in light of this action the idea of legislation before VoNC may need to be reviewed

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Illuyankas posted:

Expecting actual government action from this is stupid of course, but a petition gaining in signatories as quickly as that is is in itself a news story, and helps push against this madness a little. It’s good to promote the narrative that this poo poo is extremely unpopular with a lot of people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kemikalkadet posted:

When this reaches 100k they will sit and discuss it in parlia.. oh.

Corbyn angrily ranting to an empty front bench with Grieve sitting solemnly at the back nodding in agreement

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

So, um, the Italian newspaper site I follow is claiming that Boris has successfully prorogued your parliament.
I'm assuming by the lack of hundred of pages of revolutionary organization in this thread that this didn't happen yet and the editor got it wrong.

On a scale of 0 to :tif:, how bad prorogation would be?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Comrade Fakename posted:

Expecting actual government action from this is stupid of course, but a petition gaining in signatories as quickly as that is is in itself a news story, and helps push against this madness a little. It’s good to promote the narrative that this poo poo is extremely unpopular with a lot of people.
I agree but it’s also totally meaningless when paired with the narrative that extremely unpopular poo poo has been happening for years, the media is complicit, and the public are totally cowed and submissive and will perform no physical actions in the real world that could possibly support their views

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Omobono posted:

So, um, the Italian newspaper site I follow is claiming that Boris has successfully prorogued your parliament.
I'm assuming by the lack of hundred of pages of revolutionary organization in this thread that this didn't happen yet and the editor got it wrong.

He hasn't yet, he's just been reported as intending to do it.

It fairly bad.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wots all dissden https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1166683482854166529?s=20

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BBC: bans editorialising.

Kuenssberg: print this perfectly neutral article that quotes my twitter as the only source.

Nothing wrong with our press.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Omobono posted:

prorogation means NDB by default. it also stops parliament from doing anything to mitigate the harm

If MPs decide to set up a rump parliament or something it could also mean civil disorder, and would definitely be among the most significant constitutional crises in history

:tif:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

TACD posted:

I agree but it’s also totally meaningless when paired with the narrative that extremely unpopular poo poo has been happening for years, the media is complicit, and the public are totally cowed and submissive and will perform no physical actions in the real world that could possibly support their views

If this was really true we would have Brexited already.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Is ... is the answer principled conservatives?

Because if so :laffo:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Borrovan posted:

prorogation means NDB by default. it also stops parliament from doing anything to mitigate the harm

If MPs decide to set up a rump parliament or something it could also mean civil disorder, and would definitely be among the most significant constitutional crises in history

:tif:

If Bercow joins in that'll be interesting. Maybe he'll bring the mace!

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Junior G-man posted:

Is ... is the answer principled conservatives?
Brexit will have unicorns after all

invisible pink ones, at that

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Ooh, this would be a fun meeting.

https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1166683387945521152?s=19

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Comrade Fakename posted:

If this was really true we would have Brexited already.
lol what’s the last thing the general public did that had any affect on brexit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

TACD posted:

lol what’s the last thing the general public did that had any affect on brexit?

Be a pile of gullible boomer fucks that swallowed the lies about it to make it happen