Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Kyrosiris posted:

If you have another topic you would like to discuss, feel free to post about it. :)

I asked about a marble shooter and someone else wanted a good free game that wasn't an afk or clicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Aramoro posted:

Last time I posted about Teppen someone suggested it should be moved to its own thread so...

i went 4-1 in round 2 of Grand Prix because 3 of my fuckin' Morrigan opponents DC'd

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

i went 4-1 in round 2 of Grand Prix because 3 of my fuckin' Morrigan opponents DC'd

I went 4-1 in the final round as well with Wesker. Couldn't destroy the Carlos that Rathalos dropped.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 28, 2019

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I'm mostly playing Uroboros Wesker right now. I'm not good enough at purple so I can't really join the horde of Morrigans. She's a little too strong right now, only really checked by Ryu, and he's getting to be a rare sight nowadays. I might try the purple/black Shadow Blade Morrigan deck, but it looks weird to play. The next expansion doesn't really seem to be helping matters, either.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

New Leaf posted:

I just wish people were this enthusiastic about it when I was playing it months before everyone else and nobody seemed remotely interested.

Maybe you didn't post about it enough in the Android Gaming thread?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

I'm mostly playing Uroboros Wesker right now. I'm not good enough at purple so I can't really join the horde of Morrigans. She's a little too strong right now, only really checked by Ryu, and he's getting to be a rare sight nowadays. I might try the purple/black Shadow Blade Morrigan deck, but it looks weird to play. The next expansion doesn't really seem to be helping matters, either.

Uroboros Wesker is my bag just now, good matchup against Ryu, kinda 50/50 on Morrigan but does not do well with Rathalos. In the Champions League but not really playing much in there.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

queserasera posted:

I asked about a marble shooter and someone else wanted a good free game that wasn't an afk or clicker.

I've been waiting for a response to those as well, to play in the afk arena lulls

I just tried that Troll Patrol game I saw here. Seems like a neat dungeon raid type game.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I picked up Sproggiwood a few days ago. It's a fairly simple and so far easy roguelike, but I'm having fun with it. I don't think it will have the replayability of Pixel Dungeon though. It's also a single purchase with no microtransactions.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

ponzicar posted:

I picked up Sproggiwood a few days ago. It's a fairly simple and so far easy roguelike, but I'm having fun with it. I don't think it will have the replayability of Pixel Dungeon though. It's also a single purchase with no microtransactions.

It's also goon-made if I recall correctly.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

ponzicar posted:

Yeah, I unlocked the wizard and now the game becomes spam the magic missile button. Thing is busted.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418

Pokemon Masters just came out but the servers just got slammed and crashed

you don't get jack poo poo for free pulls...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah I can brute force the constant stream of error codes but I'll probably give this one a day or two to get their act together.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

it's not very fun and it is incredibly stingy with the currency. DeNA, go figure. i think i'm done with this

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Phyresis posted:

it's not very fun and it is incredibly stingy with the currency. DeNA, go figure. i think i'm done with this

Yeah, the game is legit bad and so stingy. It's the exact opposite of every other Nintendo mobile game because the pokemon company wants $$$. Its so sad. They could have just made a modified version of Summoners War, but with Pokemon combat and Nintendo generosity and it would have been amazing. But no. You get no currency, there is no content, there will never be any arena or guild wars, and worst of all they butchered Pokemon combat by turning it into real-time nonsense.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, the game is legit bad and so stingy. It's the exact opposite of every other Nintendo mobile game because the pokemon company wants $$$. Its so sad. They could have just made a modified version of Summoners War, but with Pokemon combat and Nintendo generosity and it would have been amazing. But no. You get no currency, there is no content, there will never be any arena or guild wars, and worst of all they butchered Pokemon combat by turning it into real-time nonsense.

It also runs like absolute dogshit on my Note 5 (which is a somewhat older phone and appears listed as a "non-compatible device" in the app store, but clears their system requirements with gusto and has zero issues with games of similar graphical complexity) and more importantly runs like dogshit in places I would expect it to run quickly on any device, like the full-screen 2D menus. Near as I can figure, they aren't doing any kind of 3D or even interface occlusion at all and just layering poo poo on top of itself, which is laffo.

And yeah, like... I can't believe they don't even give you enough for a hook ten roll quickly. And for a "launch celebration", the rewards for early adoption are shockingly anemic.

The worst part is, I'm the kind of turbodork the game is probably aimed at. Giving the legacy Pokemon trainers more to do and more personality, and letting them bounce off each other a bit in a big dumb crossover game? I would be right there for that. I even think the real time battles are kind of neat and I don't mind them playing around with the mechanics a bit. :shobon: But no, the game runs like dogshit, drains battery like crazy, is incredibly light on content even for a launch title and is setting the tone for free-to-play players by offering basically nothing for the crucial first impression launch window? This thing is going to get its lunch eaten by its own company's competition. I've already seen incredibly unflattering Dragalia comparisons.

Fake edit: also apparently the game hard crashes at chapter 2 for many and even on 2019 phones runs like total garbage. So :laffo:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is Pokemon Masters basically Pokemon But Gacha?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I actually played a lot of Pokemon Masters in early August so I have a bit to say. The content right now is not very difficult, and there is no real payoff for working to power up your team at the moment. The game is pretty stingy with premium currency, but you get one of the best 5 star supports in the game for free so there is that. Completing the story will give you several 4 and 5 star characters, and a bunch of 3 star characters that are OK.

As of launch, all the content in the game can be completed with free units. Rosa, Hau, and Skyla (Snivy line, Alolan Raichu, and Swanna respectifvely) form a solid core, though you dont get Hau until late in the game.

All in all, its entertaining for a short while, but the devs have said they dont plan on implementing any sort of PvP, and the current content is easily completed with no real payoff. If you play it, I wouldn't spend money on it. I pulled with free currency until I got two 5 stars (Olivia and Phoebe), and am saving up until Cynthia gets released, but am not playing the game that heavily at this point.

Edit:

Montalvo posted:

Is Pokemon Masters basically Pokemon But Gacha?

Yea basically.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Anyone play Raid: Shadow legends?
I'm liking it so far and progress seems pretty balanced where paying for poo poo would just speed it up instead of completely skip. Lots of little quests/missions to scratch that instant gratification itch.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

wisdomHNOX posted:

I actually played a lot of Pokemon Masters in early August so I have a bit to say. The content right now is not very difficult, and there is no real payoff for working to power up your team at the moment. The game is pretty stingy with premium currency, but you get one of the best 5 star supports in the game for free so there is that. Completing the story will give you several 4 and 5 star characters, and a bunch of 3 star characters that are OK.

As of launch, all the content in the game can be completed with free units. Rosa, Hau, and Skyla (Snivy line, Alolan Raichu, and Swanna respectifvely) form a solid core, though you dont get Hau until late in the game.

All in all, its entertaining for a short while, but the devs have said they dont plan on implementing any sort of PvP, and the current content is easily completed with no real payoff. If you play it, I wouldn't spend money on it. I pulled with free currency until I got two 5 stars (Olivia and Phoebe), and am saving up until Cynthia gets released, but am not playing the game that heavily at this point.

Edit:

Yea basically.

Despite what everyone is saying, I don't *hate* it, but it feels really slow. It's not turn-based, it's active combat with a bar that fills, but it fills SO SLOW. One of my biggest problems is that if you use an attack on one Pokemon, it depletes the bar for the entire team, so it feels like you're just waiting around for ages for something to happen. I feel like everyone should have their own bar that fills at different rates based on the Pokemon's Speed or something. I got a 5-star Phoebe on my first pull. Everyone is complaining about there not being multi-pulls out the gate but apparently you don't have any more luck getting rare trainers with a 10x than you do pulling one by one. The one irritating part is that there's a "daily discount" summon that will only use $$$purchased$$$ gems vs ones you earned playing the game.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Nasgate posted:

Anyone play Raid: Shadow legends?
I'm liking it so far and progress seems pretty balanced where paying for poo poo would just speed it up instead of completely skip. Lots of little quests/missions to scratch that instant gratification itch.

The devs are slow and continually break their promises for delivering content. It could have been a good game, but it never will be with the current dev team.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

lmao it's not about there not being multi-pulls ... they don't give you poo poo for currency at all. Clearing the entire campaign gets you like 3680 gems or something, and these are the worst "new game launch" bonuses i have ever seen in my years of gacha degeneration. that said, I rerolled for Olivia

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

The devs are slow and continually break their promises for delivering content. It could have been a good game, but it never will be with the current dev team.

What promises? Because imo it's almost a good thing if it's more new stuff. There's already so many moving parts to track that I think I'd drop it if there were more, like if fusion was a thing I had to think about.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Re: Raid, they've promised Faction Wars for a long time apparently and it's still not here. That said, we have a small goon guild going that we run out of the Galaxy of Heroes discord (you can find a link in the OP of that thread), if you want drop your SN in here and apply for Goon Funk Railroad, we have about a dozen active dudes and I can approve you. We sometimes clear the normal clan boss. None of us are that far past level ~40.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I mean don't get me wrong the core of the game is solid, but the slow devs are causing people to quit and the lower the population gets the less likely it is for the game to survive. When you compare its situation and devs to something like Epic 7, my current main gacha, it isn't even close. I had fun with Raid while I played it, but I would never invest time into it as a main game because it is basically slowly dying.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Elune is another solid gacha in the same vein. Nice thing about it is there's no boss grinding infinitely, each boss can be run 3 times a day for the set items. Or you can turn on Burning Mode and use up all entries, win or lose, with a 400% drop rate. Basically just run each boss once a day and you're solid. You can grind for experience as much or as little as you want to do fusions, converting 2 max of the same star tier to 1 of the next tier. With a (super small) chance of a rarity tier jump, and then a guaranteed jump after X fusions. You get extra points to that bar for fusing 2 6*s into a single 6*. Which I didn't realize and was just combining low star stuff for too long :bang:.

There is a good unit available from arena points but otherwise you can largely ignore the PvP if you want, it's just free arena points and premium currency. That said once I unlocked Wei Wei from NPC quests in Hard mode, I'm actually doing pretty solid in PvP and am currently at the tier where arena alone gives me a 11x summon/week.

You also get 2 legendaries a month from the login calendar, which is good since you can use duplicate 6*s to transcend. I'm only like a month and a half in and only missing 2 legendaries (the best tank and the arena one) and have multiple +2 transcended legendaries. Only spent $10~ in survey bucks. They're also going to buff the stat boost from transcending for legendaries in the early September patch.

All-in-all it's nice because you can grind out the "required" daily stuff in a reasonable amount of time and then just fuse as much as you feel like. In the end it's nothing revolutionary but it's well made and looks nice. Pretty good rate of new heroes so far as well as balance patches (such as adding the Burning Mode to bosses) which I appreciate. Though the game is still early enough on that it could obviously slow way down in a couple months.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DemonMage posted:

Elune is another solid gacha in the same vein. Nice thing about it is there's no boss grinding infinitely, each boss can be run 3 times a day for the set items. Or you can turn on Burning Mode and use up all entries, win or lose, with a 400% drop rate. Basically just run each boss once a day and you're solid. You can grind for experience as much or as little as you want to do fusions, converting 2 max of the same star tier to 1 of the next tier. With a (super small) chance of a rarity tier jump, and then a guaranteed jump after X fusions. You get extra points to that bar for fusing 2 6*s into a single 6*. Which I didn't realize and was just combining low star stuff for too long :bang:.

There is a good unit available from arena points but otherwise you can largely ignore the PvP if you want, it's just free arena points and premium currency. That said once I unlocked Wei Wei from NPC quests in Hard mode, I'm actually doing pretty solid in PvP and am currently at the tier where arena alone gives me a 11x summon/week.

You also get 2 legendaries a month from the login calendar, which is good since you can use duplicate 6*s to transcend. I'm only like a month and a half in and only missing 2 legendaries (the best tank and the arena one) and have multiple +2 transcended legendaries. Only spent $10~ in survey bucks. They're also going to buff the stat boost from transcending for legendaries in the early September patch.

All-in-all it's nice because you can grind out the "required" daily stuff in a reasonable amount of time and then just fuse as much as you feel like. In the end it's nothing revolutionary but it's well made and looks nice. Pretty good rate of new heroes so far as well as balance patches (such as adding the Burning Mode to bosses) which I appreciate. Though the game is still early enough on that it could obviously slow way down in a couple months.

I just picked up this game and one thing to note: in addition to fusing (merge two max-level units of the same rarity into a higher rank unit of the same rarity or maybe better if RNG likes you) there is also evolving, where a max-level unit can be starred up using both generic and class seeds. Don't let the ease of getting generic seeds fool you, class seeds are VERY slow to come in. Use them for a legendary or something (which if you reroll the first pick until you get one is going to start at 3 stars and so eat all your seeds for that class), but don't get attacked to a 4-star unit. Look at it as 4-star fodder for a random 5-star unit.

Fusion's the main method of advancement, look at evolution as an exception.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh yeah agreed there. I've even fused dupe 5* legendaries since they come frequently enough it wasn't worth waiting to get 20 seeds to evolve it instead. Only evolve legendaries, get the good purples (like the bow healer, resurrection healer, the Anubis tank, or the rune tank) from fusing generally.

That said I had bad luck getting Freya and have yet to get Farenheit so I did evolve bow healer and Anubis guy. Don't really regret it, they're still my main healer and tank. Though I may replace Eun with the new legendary support due to her weird rez mechanic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DemonMage posted:

Oh yeah agreed there. I've even fused dupe 5* legendaries since they come frequently enough it wasn't worth waiting to get 20 seeds to evolve it instead. Only evolve legendaries, get the good purples (like the bow healer, resurrection healer, the Anubis tank, or the rune tank) from fusing generally.

That said I had bad luck getting Freya and have yet to get Farenheit so I did evolve bow healer and Anubis guy. Don't really regret it, they're still my main healer and tank. Though I may replace Eun with the new legendary support due to her weird rez mechanic.

I just rerolled once I realized I'd wasted my seeds and have been aggressively leveling and fusing today. I got 5* Chloe Vann, the mechanic woman whose abilities are free but burn available mana for extra effect, and in hindsight I really should've held onto her at 5 stars but I was anxious to get my first 6* that I could feel comfortable looking at as more than temporary. She was a beast with flexible utility, but my legendary (Baldr) is the same class so evolving manually would have been really frustrating.

Good to know legendaries come down the pipe relatively easily. What about gem currency? Does it keep trickling in or is the main source the collections page and it'll dry up as you pull folks?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I can see it drying up a bit later up. Index/quests (zodiac/account level up, first time boss clears) account for a big chunk of premium gems for me thus far I'd say. You can get a variable amount per day from the Dimensional dungeon, which you want to run for the 200k/day+ gold for level 12ing it. The skip function is good for laziness but it costs you usually a little gold and some chances at rubies/bonus points from the stage rewards. That's also 100 rubies from the weekly reward for me, plus arena (300+/week for me), quests (15? every 6 hours), I think alliance boss and world boss give some weekly as well. And they're generous with the events thus far, plus the monthly calendar ones. I think it's pretty comparable to Summoners War which is real generous, with the caveat that the Chaos Tower doesn't seem to give nearly as good of rewards as SW's tower does. Epic summon for clearing Hard mode. Legendary book for clearing-1, that's the real end reward lol.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There a goon guild in this Elune game? :v:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I'm just in some rando guild right now. But I could drop from it and start one up if people want. Alliance/guild gives some nice energy for clearing the bosses and some amount of gems I believe for the weekly but it's not vital. The bosses require donating Hard Adventure ingredients and gold to summon them. The shop seems to just be minor bonuses to your units in Adventure mode or something, not vital but nice.

[Edit] DemonMage in game if anyone wants to add me as a friend, freed up 5 slots. Feel free to hit me up on the Goon King's Raid Discord if you want as well. If we actually get enough traffic I'll make a channel/server.

[Edit2] Other hot tip: Explore as much as possible from the upper right menu. It used to cost gold but they patched it out, so it's just free poo poo every X hours. And then use the ingredients there in the workshop to upgrade your potions. Once you can get them up to level 4 the potions start giving things like 8% crit/evasion. Level 5 costs 500k to upgrade into, but is another 2% to a good stat. I'll be waiting awhile on that.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 29, 2019

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I played an Elune a bit at launch, but when the first event came around and I saw that the SSR reward was only given out to the top 100 participants, which is a stupid pay to win reward scheme and a hard pass for me. Did they stick with this reward system for future events?

I have been sticking with Astral Chronicles, which is a deeply flawed game but at least the three events have all had grindable SSR characters for all participants and plenty of other ways to gather and upgrade SSR units.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Pirates Outlaws is has a pretty great foundation, but some real drawbacks for a 1 dollar game.

- They clearly want you to spend more on IAP. The grind for premium currency is agonizing. I suggest just getting the Curse Captain first with your gold cuz he has a much higher clearance rate than any other character. And you'll need to clear the same level over and over because the reward for not clearing is meagre.

- The quests are buggy/random as poo poo. I've definitely cleared quests just to not have it register for no reason.

- The cards, status effects and relics are extremely unbalanced. I'm not sure who test played this, but even a few go throughs will show how so many of the cards are just flat out inferior to other cards. In a similar vein certain debuffs are crushing (mark) while others are almost pointless.

- The events are static, so once you've gone through them once it's just a formality to get the reward.

Again, decent foundation. Needs a lot of polish, but not so much greed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

WELP.

I was just messing around and accidentally touched the sell farm/upgrade button when I was 217/250 million for the gold trophy.

I just uninstalled. My fault, but I'm also wasting way too much time on this dumb game, and this was the breaking point.

So, I either have zero willpower or really love Egg Inc, but I reinstalled. And for whatever reason, I was promptly notified that there was a save available where I was at 120 million medicinal eggs out of 250 million, instead of 0. :toot:

I don't know what it is about this almost non-game, but drat.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mario Kart Tour seems to be up for pre-reg on the play store.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Mario Kart Tour seems to be up for pre-reg on the play store.

i was in the beta for this. it wasn't a very good game at the time. powersliding feels good but the progression is like something from the dark ages of gacha. you just keep running into walls (not literally) until you pull more stuff. there's no multiplayer, you're just racing bots that are copies of other players' main racer setups. which means the farther you get in the main campaign, the more whales you run into. also they cheat to an extreme degree, as is traditional for a Mario Kart.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was playing Pokemon Masters and was finding it fairly fun and very cute, and earned the 3,000 gems needed for the featured ten pull. Only to see that there are both paid and not-paid gems and you can only do the featured ten pull that guarantees a five star with the paid gems.

The icon and name is identical, but it's functionally a separate currency. It does say "paid" in fine print next to the gems on the featured thing but I didn't think to look cause I haven't seen this kind of thing before, despite having a played a number of gacha games before. Is having paid and non paid versions of the same currency a common thing?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I was playing Pokemon Masters and was finding it fairly fun and very cute, and earned the 3,000 gems needed for the featured ten pull. Only to see that there are both paid and not-paid gems and you can only do the featured ten pull that guarantees a five star with the paid gems.

The icon and name is identical, but it's functionally a separate currency. It does say "paid" in fine print next to the gems on the featured thing but I didn't think to look cause I haven't seen this kind of thing before, despite having a played a number of gacha games before. Is having paid and non paid versions of the same currency a common thing?

Definitely not the first time I've seen it, and it's getting more and more common. Doesn't make it any less scummy, though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

loving. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Yeah I was just going to post the same thing. So like what is the point of giving premium currency if you can't use it for premium stuff?

This seems really scummy.