Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Slashrat posted:

I've had mostly good experiences with Navicat. I use it on MacOS, but can't imagine the Windows version would be much different.

Only crashes I've experienced lately have been the occasional one when I try to terminate the app anyway with multiple unsaved query tabs open.

Thanks will check it out

goddamnedtwisto posted:

What do you actually want to do a) with the database and b) with the UI?

If you want something to help you manage and visualise the database MySQL Workbench is the default reply but it suffers from FOSS Disease in assuming you're already a power user and presenting you with a billion very powerful and useful tools and no loving indication of which one might be useful.

If you're talking about a UI slapped over a database to handle the queries then you've got about a billion choices.

I've been tinkering with a project analysing voting by polling station / ward etc. but the trauma of using LibreBase finished me off.
We are a geographically large, mostly rural constituency with 3 or 4 main urban areas, and lots of polling stations. Campaigning focuses (understandably) on the big urban areas, but I have a notion of looking into the 'long tail' - if we could convert the smallest 10 polling stations with micro-targeted campaigns and gradually work up. Well you never know!

Ooer page snipe (I missed the last one I got until it was too late): 232 was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lupus and Maximus which reminds me of:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

My name is Maximum Jeremius Corbynius, Command of the Armies of the Anti-No Deal, General of the Labour Legions, blah di blah

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why the gently caress would sinn fein take their seats now

and legitimize the monarchy that just further hosed them

good for them they’re right to keep abstaining

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

crispix posted:

Bojo is really making GBS threads it, isn't he :laugh:

i think you'll find this is all the master plan of Dominic Cummings, Sun-Tzu-Machiavellianist Tendency (ML), to create chaos! he will ride the winds of the storm, strike from the ruptured and bleeding sky, wailing on an electric guitar while lightning crashes around him!

seems to be working tbf, well done, good for him

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

a vindaloo with john mcdonnell!

Tell me this is real. I would smash a prawn vindaloo with big John and hit the town raring for a bust up with some tories

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Thanks everyone, I’m really hoping it’s not a false positive.

Just have a million things racing through my head at the moment. The timing isn’t ideal admittedly, as we wanted to have a mortgage and our own home first, but since when do things ever go to plan? Still got 9 months to sort something out I guess, I just don’t want to be at the mercy of a landlord if I can help it.

Then I think given Hell world, climate change and late stage capitalism and wonder if bringing a new life into such a world is a good idea, but this is a new human, a new life that we made together who will go on to have hopes and dreams and aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I’m going to have some whisky.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nocturtle posted:

Wouldn't the LibDems voting against a VONC be against even their own self-interest? Especially in the event of a no-deal Brexit their supporters are going to remember they torpedoed the last chance to avoid the worst possible outcome. It's really hard to understand their position except that they're bluffing. Is there a chance Corbyn pushes for a VONC and dares them to vote against it?

They're targetting Tory seats

being big remain is good for their national polling, when it comes to elections they keep shtum and just talk about how no deal is bad to win over the less extreme tories. Bojo taking us over the cliff isn't exactly a negative for that strategy

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've been tinkering with a project analysing voting by polling station / ward etc. but the trauma of using LibreBase finished me off.
We are a geographically large, mostly rural constituency with 3 or 4 main urban areas, and lots of polling stations. Campaigning focuses (understandably) on the big urban areas, but I have a notion of looking into the 'long tail' - if we could convert the smallest 10 polling stations with micro-targeted campaigns and gradually work up. Well you never know!

That sounds like a rad project, please update us (me) from time to time <3

Guavanaut posted:

Revolutionary Corbynist Tendency

e: ^^ splitter

I didn't think we'd be back on Culture ship names so soon

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
You’re either with labour or you’re a fascist. It’s that simple.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

crispix posted:

Surest sign yet that he is making GBS threads it hard.

Trump managed to post this "Starting to look good for Conte" literally the day before the government fell, so yeah :eng99:

You can't make this poo poo up.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mahoning posted:

(Hey at least it doesn't cost $10,000 to have a baby over there!)

i see you are unfamiliar with the particulars of the US-UK trade deal which will happen shortly after no-deal brexit

well ok you're technically correct, in that 9 months from now it will cost £100,000 to have a baby, which will be roughly equivalent to $10,000

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Off topic - any of you computer touchers on here recommend a GUI for MySQL. I used to use MS Access 97. I've tried Libre Base but it just crashes constantly and is Very Annoying.
I was thinking maybe time to go on MySQL but a GUI would be nice. (PS Windows 10)

Sqlyog community edition is quite nice and my favourite, for a runner up probably heidisql.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

xtothez posted:

They'll vote for the VONC itself, but there's a difference between the that and what comes after. In order for it to have any effect, it needs to be followed by Corbyn becoming caretaker PM and the possibility of a general election that Corbyn could win. That's what they can't vote for, because shy Tories gonna Tory.

That raises an interesting thought: what happens if Boris loses a VONC then prorogues the same week? The FTPA does not state that the 14 days he has to pass a motion of confidence must be days on which Parliament is sitting.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Chuka Umana posted:

reading this hateful post made me switch from lib dem to nazi

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Off topic - any of you computer touchers on here recommend a GUI for MySQL. I used to use MS Access 97. I've tried Libre Base but it just crashes constantly and is Very Annoying.
I was thinking maybe time to go on MySQL but a GUI would be nice. (PS Windows 10)

https://dbeaver.io/download/

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Chuka Umana posted:

Apparently I was an anarcho-fascist until half an hour ago

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

That raises an interesting thought: what happens if Boris loses a VONC then prorogues the same week? The FTPA does not state that the 14 days he has to pass a motion of confidence must be days on which Parliament is sitting.

Presumably it'd have to go to court or something, either that or the speaker? I'm not actually sure who gets to decide how laws governing the conduct of parliament are decided, whether it's the judiciary or a special parliamentary process.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

bump_fn posted:

I was being flippant but when is the social democratic aspect of the lib dems going to flex their muscle?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

bump_fn posted:

what does that entail, pulling off the scooby doo rubber mask?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

I was being flippant but when is the social democratic aspect of the lib dems going to flex their muscle?

The what now?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Chuka Umana posted:

Literally does not exist

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
you know the good ol roy jenkins type socdem

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Chuka Umana posted:

splitters are bad, I'm told

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

the red background of Hong Kong's current flag was actually chosen in part to symbolise its relationship to China

So this is like, even further assimilated

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oh yeah, what I came to say: YouGov have done a poll on whether or not proroguing at this time is acceptable. Overall the split is 27-47 against, with every group of the population being against it except for Tories (52-27), Leavers (51-25) and the over 65s who break exactly even at 42-42. Apart from that the smallest differences of any group are C2DE, who fall 28-39 against but with 33% not knowing, and men, who fall 34-46 against.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surprised that tories, leavers, and over 65s aren't just the same thing :v:

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

That Italian Guy posted:

Trump managed to post this "Starting to look good for Conte" literally the day before the government fell, so yeah :eng99:

You can't make this poo poo up.

He also misspelled Giuseppe. :sad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi everyone I've been lost in a WoW Classic void for 48 hours. How hosed are we?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

Hi everyone I've been lost in a WoW Classic void for 48 hours. How hosed are we?

yes

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

tagesschau posted:

He also misspelled Giuseppe. :sad:

Tbf that's something literally 99% of Americans will do

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

You'd probably be better off attempting to climb into the computer screen to escape. Regardless of what's actually happening.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
In 2011 Tony Benn said there was a difference between "non consensual sex" and rape.

Sorry to ruin your day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Looks like it's gonna be a VONC soon or nothing.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

From a few pages back, but just to reiterate the Midlands is loving poo poo. I was supposed to be in London 40 minutes ago but instead I'm stuck in Rugby on a broken train. This is somehow the Midlands's fault (but also virgin's)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

IrvingWashington posted:

That sounds like a rad project, please update us (me) from time to time <3

Will do if I get anywhere! (My CLP officers can't see the point so thanks for your support!)

mr_jolly posted:

Sqlyog community edition is quite nice and my favourite, for a runner up probably heidisql.

Thanks - will check them out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ia Father Sqlyog. Ia Mother Heidisql.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

It's not 1985 any more.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Chuka Umana posted:

In 2011 Tony Benn said there was a difference between "non consensual sex" and rape.

Sorry to ruin your day.

never trust a labour politician

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

feedmegin posted:

It's not 1985 any more.

also it was bullshit in 1985

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

gently caress if UKMT goons are playing classic wow I might have to get involved. poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
when I was a kid my parents bought me a month of star wars galaxies instead of wow and thats why I'm politically and personally perfect today