Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Or we can engineer phages.

Sounds a bit like admitting the Soviets were a hundred years ahead in anti-microbial development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How did nobody suggest this for next month's title yet.

UKMT September 2019: Anarchy In The UK

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
UKMT September 2019 : Brexit: A Prorogue-Like.

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1167046610167181312

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

That's not a good look, and to think he posted that himself

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
I managed to get a centrist to accidentally call himself an anti-Semite

https://twitter.com/billy_no_mates1/status/1165369590148321280

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ms Fuchi posted:

That's not a good look, and to think he posted that himself

There's so much going on in it. The comic timing of the third panel, the tagging of the pretty blond girl only, the fact I'm not sure that this is all a dogwhistle attempt and all intentional. Brilliant.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hard lol at him not smiling in only one of those pictures, wonder why!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/Fred_Delicious/status/1166783214750445573

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

loss edits are getting weird

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gwan gently caress yersel, smackhead.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Crashbee posted:

I managed to get a centrist to accidentally call himself an anti-Semite

https://twitter.com/billy_no_mates1/status/1165369590148321280

Hey defending antisemitism doesn't make you an antisemite.

It just makes you a liberal.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Hard lol at him not smiling in only one of those pictures, wonder why!

He's in a church.
Have some drat respect for our lord.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
America posting but god drat

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/1166938535208701953

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Not gonna post a link (or read the article) because Express, but my phone just decided I'd be interested in this headline:

The Express posted:

Gina Miller wants her lawyers to dictate Brexit in another challenge to elected Government
Really buried the lede on that one, when tf did we get an elected Government?!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

quote:

David Cameron hosed a dead pig, you oval office. You are now a public figure." On Monday morning, as the Tories prepared to leave office, one of Cameron's advisers said that the prime minister was "totally cool in this". And now it's been revealed that after Cameron's election victory he went to visit a pig farm in South Carolina for a few days.

On 4 December, the South Carolina Post reported that Cameron went out to visit a slaughterhouse. A photo obtained by the Post shows Cameron, a man who has reportedly lost much of his interest in politics, standing alongside pigs in rows of crates. It shows Cameron topless and sitting among them in a leather chair, gazing at the meat being cut. It shows him standing next to a young man, possibly Cameron's son Jordan, who may be wearing a blue T-shirt with a picture of Cameron on the front.

The caption reads: "He says he has taken up with his new pet pig and there is no doubt he is enjoying his stay with his new best friend. I know the picture will have done him justice

quote:

Theresa May poo poo all over her face when Jeremy Corbyn asked her to stand-up for the national anthem.

She wasn't prepared for the questions to come out of her mouth, she said, and when the crowd gave her a standing ovation, she gave them a second standing ovation, and then an even louder one, after which she gave another standing ovation.

As the whole press corps stood there shaking their heads at her, she told them to hold their applause. She thanked them for being "intrepid to the last", adding she would be back with news for those left in the press pen soon.

Then she had her final words "I like to think she knows what the national anthem is".

She has been on radio a lot in recent days and been talking big about the fact that she was not in an "empty cabinet" and she can do anything she want.

As she walked into the press room, the BBC had a banner telling people how they should listen to the PM – they do it, we will do it. You are not supposed

quote:

Theresa May poo poo the bed.

This is a disgrace and a disgrace of British Prime Minister Theresa May and the Conservative Party. I would urge the Party and all the Labour Party not to enter the race for the leadership until the General Election (which is next year) and until the Conservatives have done a full assessment of her performance as Foreign Secretary. She must now resign and be replaced by a man or woman of comparable experience for the next six months.

We need to elect a new leader of this country immediately.

Ralph Nader

We demand that the Tories now do the right thing and appoint a man of proven political competence in that role. Ralph Nader

quote:

This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn because he seems to have been playing for a longer shot than this. This isn't the last opportunity for him to try and convince people that he can do all that he says he can.

The truth is Jeremy Corbyn would have lost decisively regardless of the result of the election if voters saw through his shambolic manifesto, because even before Corbyn came to the leadership campaign there had been widespread disillusionment with his policies. As John Harris pointed out, Corbyn simply was not credible. In fact what voters discovered when they went down and cast ballots for him were that he was not prepared to take his promises to office to the streets. He was not prepared to fight against austerity. He was not prepared to do a lot that people really wanted done at the moment.

That makes it very hard to persuade people they should vote for him.

If people have come to the obvious conclusion the voters would have seen it through that and made up their minds a few months ago, then it might be best to just go with the process and hope for a change of government instead of

This is getting too real - just replace all the British media with this bot.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

lmao oh my god.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

When did the irl media actually challenge Corbyn on policy tho

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Borrovan posted:

Venezuela Venezuela Venezuela Venezuela

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Fuckin' :lol:

Borrovan posted:

Says a lot that a bot that generates random text with no understanding of what it's actually writing is actually more politically aware than 95% of paid "professional" political commentators.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Those Wallace and Gromit guys are getting really close to lifelike with their work.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Junior G-man posted:

Venezuela Venezuela Venezuela Venezuela

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKQ29aR3uK4

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I tried feeding it a guardian column headline:

quote:

Has Brexit destroyed party loyalty? Ruth Davidson’s resignation will show us, on its own, how far Brexit has damaged the Scottish party – and how deep the Tory cuts to the Scottish National party have gone.‬

In May, Cameron said that if the public voted to leave the EU, "The SNP would have lost the election". After Davidson's decision, we heard echoes of this, with one leading SNP MP, Andrew Murrison, saying that "this was an unwise step that might have jeopardised the outcome of the referendum".

But in June we were hearing that the damage to Conservative Party unity was being magnified further by a growing opposition to David Cameron's leadership.

There was growing discontent with the way this leader and his team were running things. Indeed, it was a rebellion against what David Cameron had been doing since 2010, when he took the Conservative Party to its worst ever election defeat on 6 May 2010.

At first, there seemed to be no leadership crisis because the Prime Minister's poll lead slipped from 11 points in one of many polls to 6 points. Then it began to rise again,

Checks out. :shrug:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol why would he post this?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Joe isn't laughing

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1165361133370236930

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't think I've seen someone's brain fall apart faster than Joe Biden's.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't think I've seen someone's brain fall apart faster than Joe Biden's.

Trump's brain rot is geometric and asymptotic, so it's difficult for our minds to really grasp the scale. Joe's mind is failing within a frame we can understand.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Borrovan posted:

Not gonna post a link (or read the article) because Express, but my phone just decided I'd be interested in this headline:

Really buried the lede on that one, when tf did we get an elected Government?!

Uh, a few weeks ago you elected ur pm. It doesn't say general elected now does it :smuggo:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Uh, a few weeks ago you elected ur pm. It doesn't say general elected now does it :smuggo:

I don't remember voting for him.

drat I can't do the accent over text.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

After spending ages catching up with this thread and reading some news I still don't know what's going to happen with Brexit. It's the one certainty of brexit, gently caress knows.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/justinwhang/status/1165372495479955456?s=21

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Trump's brain rot is geometric and asymptotic, so it's difficult for our minds to really grasp the scale. Joe's mind is failing within a frame we can understand.

Having worked in care homes I feel qualified to talk about the different types of dementia on display here. Donald Trump is the really angry and violent type who demands that you wipe his arse and then pulls your hair when you get in close and calls you a racial slur you weren't aware of because he's a thousand years old. Joe Biden is the type who tells you stories that have no beginning or end, constantly wanders around because his mind is going before his body and you have to coral him away from the doors so he doesn't wander into traffic and you think he's your favourite patient but then when you're alone with him he starts telling you not to let the last ethnicity he saw that isn't white boss you around.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

quote:

The legal case against suspension of parliament in the Scottish courts today. Amused to learn it rests on the 1689 Claim of Right, which makes clear that in Scots law the Queen is subordinate to the people, and lists prorogation as an example of a tyrannical abuse by Charles II.

Keep pointing out that the civil wars / glorious revolution are right at the heart of modern Britain!

Full details https://twitter.com/GrayInGlasgow

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I remember there being something about having to be over 35 years old to be President, shouldn't there be an upper limit so people suffering obvious signs of dementia aren't allowed anywhere near this sort of power?

[edit] and that, of course, applies to all politicians/ leaders everywhere across the World.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dead Goon posted:

I remember there being something about having to be over 35 years old to be President, shouldn't there be an upper limit so people suffering obvious signs of dementia aren't allowed anywhere near this sort of power?

Jimmy Carter is 94 and still building houses. Some people just last better than others.

I do think that there should be a health test by an independent medical examiner to make sure you're fit for office, however. Just not run by Atos or Serco, much though I would like to see Alexander de Pfeffel told that he isn't fit to claim Prime Ministerial benefits.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

[edit] and that, of course, applies to all politicians/ leaders everywhere across the World.

Yanks do love their million year old politicians. Corbyn is youthful compared to the ancient mummies that roam congress

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

how is this not fake HOW IS THIS REAL AAAAAAAA

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/goodopinionhavr/status/1166715988328554497

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This one's pretty sublime

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49515313

quote:

Police have arrested three people in connection with an assault against journalist and activist Owen Jones.

The Guardian columnist says he was assaulted by a group of men in Islington, London, in the early hours of Saturday 17 August.

Three men, aged between 29 and 39, were arrested on "suspicion of violent disorder and assault occasioning actual bodily harm", the Met Police said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Them's fighting words :argh: