Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

zakharov posted:

To be clear I am not defending the thief here. She's responsible for her actions. But the guy is not exactly standing out as a paragon of virtue.

If you believe everything the OP says. I had a very good friend who ended up an addict of this type, and I caught stealing things from my house at least 3 times, and he wasn’t exactly the most reliable narrator.

For example, if the OP is the type of addict who is desperate enough to, in her own words, ‘hussle,’ I find the initial part of the story where she tells the guy, “I am drugs, I don’t want a boyfriend,” highly doubtful.

Especially since she follows it up right away with, “I went out with him and took his money for drugs, then robbed him.”

It’s unfortunate, because I am super conscious of people just brushing people off because they are junkies, but my own experience definitely biases me to not trust addicts who are trying to minimize the hurt they do to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ZombieLenin posted:

If you believe everything the OP says. I had a very good friend who ended up an addict of this type, and I caught stealing things from my house at least 3 times, and he wasn’t exactly the most reliable narrator.

For example, if the OP is the type of addict who is desperate enough to, in her own words, ‘hussle,’ I find the initial part of the story where she tells the guy, “I am drugs, I don’t want a boyfriend,” highly doubtful.

Especially since she follows it up right away with, “I went out with him and took his money for drugs, then robbed him.”

It’s unfortunate, because I am super conscious of people just brushing people off because they are junkies, but my own experience definitely biases me to not trust addicts who are trying to minimize the hurt they do to other people.

Fair enough.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ad090 posted:

Update: Best friend (33F) wanted me to lose weight for her wedding...

I ended up deleting it because my friend lost business over it. She had told a few of her close clients her plan. When it blew up and ended up on FB via different news outlets.. they were able to put two and two together. They decided they didn’t want her to be their PT any longer.. That was never ever my intention. Although I feel bad, play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Anyways- her and I talked in length. She admitted her true motivation was having before (my wedding photos) and after pictures (her wedding) of a “normal Mom transformed into a fit Mom”.

You do not need to feel bad that your friend lost business trying to make you into a walking advertisement for her without your desire to even be involved. This woman showed hilariously bad judgement about how much it is appropriate to push your aesthetic desires onto others and her clients were right to step away, considering this is supposed to be her field of work.

I know it's cliche and presumptive to assume that overly fit people are meatheads, but it's hard for me not to think she's got amazing abs downstairs and a hamster wheel upstairs

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My [27F] boyfriend [22M] went out with a woman, my friend saw it and told me, I confronted him, he denied then admitted he wanted a guy's day out like he never met me minus the sex

quote:

English is not my native language so please forgive me for any mistakes.

Edit: background about me, my dad cheated on my mom multiple times before she decided to divorce his rear end. So I extremely hate cheating people.

I've been together with my boyfriend for almost for 4 years. Our age difference caused some problems but we tried to work it through and accept each other.

He is a socially awkward guy. In high school he couldn't date any girl he liked and he still feels very insecure about it. He is a good looking guy but he is just very awkward.

I met him in college and found him very endearing so we started dating. I moved in with him a few months after we started dating and we've been living together since then.

Yesterday, I went to an Embassy to do some errands and he went with me, after that we came home. I started working from home and he went out. He is still in college but it's his summer break so he has a lot more free time, we are living in Japan so he said he was going to hang around in Shibuya with one of his guy friends. Later that night, I went to dinner with my friend / ex-colleague and she told me our mutual friend's girlfriend saw him eating in a restaurant with another woman. She even took a photo of him from behind and sent to us.

I messaged him and confronted him, he denied and asked for evidence. I sent the photo, It was obviously him in the photo but he kept denying. He said it was somebody else that looks insanely like him. Because he took her to our usual restaurant so I told him if he didn't admit, I would come to the restaurant and ask the waiter who is my acquaintance. Then he finally admitted that he was hanging around in Shibuya, then a lady asked him about Asian food in the area so he decided to take her there. Then afterwards, he walked her to some podunk office and they went separate ways, she didn't share her contact info to him. Then he went to a coffee shop.

I asked him why he lied. He said he panicked, he realized how bad that looked and not having a good explanation why that happened. He blamed that he had too much coffee that day, so he tried to pretend he was never there, and because there is no way he can prove they went separate ways.

He said he wanted a guy's day out, doing what he'd naturally do if he never met me (minus trying to pick up girls for sex, he'd rather not ruin our 4 year relationship). He said he gets too much stress because his startup is not doing well, pressure to get an internship and I ask him to improve his time management skills and go networking before he gets a job. He said he can't truly be "himself" around me but in a way he becomes more responsible and can time manage better. He said they didn't go to a love hotel but I don't think I can trust him anymore.

And I don't know if I can trust his story, there were some flags before, whether I use his phone to do something (his phone is iOS and mine is Android so I wanted to check some apps), or when he showed his mom's messages to me and I have his phone he always want to take it back right away like he has something to hide in his phone. The morning that day he said he messaged his guy friend to see he is free to hang out and was waiting for his reply, then his friend replied and he went out with him. But his friend told me they hadn't talked for 2 weeks. So I have a feeling he had more communication with her before they went out.

He kept saying sorry, blaming on the coffee. Last night I went home, packed some stuff and now am staying at a friend's place because I just can't face him in our place. He said nobody's perfect and some are less perfect than others and he is sorry for disappointing me.

I am going to meet him for coffee today, I never thought about breaking up with him before the incident yesterday. We even talked about marriage and kids. Part of me doubts that he slept with her but didn't tell me. It is very common for Japanese girls to pick up Western guys in Japan and sleep with them. I don't what the truth is. And I am too tired. And we booked a trip to Korea next week for my birthday. I don't know what to do.

Please give me any advice. Thank you....

tl;dr: boyfriend went out with another woman, denied then admitted, now I can't trust anything he says.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My [30sF] husband [30sM] gets 16 weeks of paternity leave but seems to be planning for a solo vacation during that time

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
I(23F) am starting to have doubts about the new guy(29M) I'm seeing. Am I being paranoid or are these red flags?

quote:

I (23F) recently started seeing someone (29M) about three weeks ago. We met through a mutual friend who he was pursuing, but she wasn’t interested, and we hit it off immediately. I figured it might not be the best idea to get involved with someone who had a crush on my friend, but he seemed very sweet, and it’s been a while since I liked someone, so I went for it. My friend was very supportive at the time, and we had an open talk about it. In the beginning, he made it pretty clear he was still interested in her but hasn’t mentioned it much since then. They met about two weeks before she introduced me to him. The more I get to know him, the more concerned I’m becoming about our age difference/overall life experience. He broke up with his girlfriend of four years about a year ago, and she came to stay the weekend with him about two weeks ago. He told me that they needed to sort through some things from when they lived together. I figured it was a perfectly reasonable explanation and we had already spoken about potentially sleeping with other people. Her visit was a little weird for me, but it went pretty smoothly, and he told me they didn’t sleep together. Cool, whatever, like I said I just wanted him to be honest with me.

The other night we were in bed together when he mentions he has another ex-girlfriend coming to see him this weekend. She visits him about one weekend a month so they can have sex. Maybe I’m overreacting, but this is starting to seem a little strange to me? From what he’s told me she is the sole reason that he and his girlfriend of 4 years broke up. She’s “crazy” and manipulative, yet he continues to see her. I brought up the fact that this weekend was fathers day, and both of them forgot. Now he just told me that he’s going to visit his family for the weekend and will be taking her too. I feel like a hypocrite because I said to him that I was okay with him sleeping with other people- despite him saying he was not comfortable with me doing the same- and now I’m upset about his ex-girlfriend. This whole situation seems very messy, and I’m not sure if they are really as “over” as he claims to be. I feel like besides his weird situation there are other red flags already. After the first night, we had sex, and he complained about how he hates using condoms and doesnt want to use them with me. We talked it over, and I explained that I didn’t feel comfortable doing that as I had never done that with a previous partner. He insisted, and since then we haven’t been using any. Also, he seems to drink every single day despite telling me when we met that he pretty much never does. I don’t think he’s just using me for sex because he asks me to go out with him or hang out with his friends pretty much all the time.

Another concern of mine is his interest in my friend who he was initially pursuing. We all hung out for a little last Saturday and began talking. The two of them are much more compatible, but it didn’t bother me because I just wanted them to have fun talking to each other. Keep in mind they’ve only known each other for about two weeks longer then I’ve known him. He agreed to swap cars with her for a day so he could take her car to the mechanic and get some repairs done for her car. Neither of them had mentioned that to me until last saturday, and I was honestly surprised to hear that. About a week ago, I had a million issues with my car, took off of work, and spent over $1,000 in repairs. He did not offer to help me once, but I didn’t care because I didn’t expect him to. The thing that surprised me is that he is still planning on taking her car to the mechanic but didn’t seem to care whatsoever that the girl he is sleeping with had car problems. Now I feel like I’m starting to overthink absolutely everything he’s done since we’ve met.

Honestly, I don’t have much experience with relationships, so I’m not sure if these are real issues or if I’m overthinking everything. Should I break things off with him? I like him, but considering we just recently started seeing each other, I’m not sure if all of this additional stress and drama is worth it.

TL;DR I’ve started dating a guy who doesn’t like condoms, has drama with his ex-girlfriends, and may or may not be interested in my friend. Should I continue seeing him despite all of this?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

My [27F] boyfriend [22M] went out with a woman, my friend saw it and told me, I confronted him, he denied then admitted he wanted a guy's day out like he never met me minus the sex

How does coffee have such a hold on this guy? Or have I been lied to my entire life by that that sultry brown mistress??
(coffee)

Is espresso like heroin or something?

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

TheScott2K posted:

My [30sF] husband [30sM] gets 16 weeks of paternity leave but seems to be planning for a solo vacation during that time

uh you should probably CARE FOR THE NEW LIFE YOU CREATED holy poo poo, :sever: this dude's head from his neck

edit: he deleted the tweet (of course) but I found comments and a lot of people are saying "it's a joke, DUH" but that second reply of his you posted doesn't seem very funny to me, I guess I don't get """""Satire"""""

new boot goofin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 29, 2019

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

HOT BREAD! posted:

uh you should probably CARE FOR THE NEW LIFE YOU CREATED holy poo poo, :sever: this dude's head from his neck

edit: he deleted the tweet (of course) but I found comments and a lot of people are saying "it's a joke, DUH" but that second reply of his you posted doesn't seem very funny to me, I guess I don't get """""Satire"""""

IT WAS THE COFFEE THAT MADE HIM TWEET IT

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

HOT BREAD! posted:

I(23F) am starting to have doubts about the new guy(29M) I'm seeing. Am I being paranoid or are these red flags?

quote:

TL;DR I’ve started dating a guy who doesn’t like condoms, has drama with his ex-girlfriends, and may or may not be interested in my friend. Should I continue seeing him despite all of this?

Yes. Yes you should.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

HOT BREAD! posted:

It’s amazing that nowadays you don’t even need to invent your own after-the-fact bullshit excuses; plenty of strangers will be glad to jump in and make them for you.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I wish coffee made me pick up attractive strangers instead of making me poo poo my pants

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

He posted some updates and more info.

They're both hosed up.

Yeah that changes things a lot.

Also, I don't understand why people think it's a good idea to make people afraid to get help out of fear of losing their livelihoods. I'd rather have a nurse or doctor who was able to realize they needed help and get treated for it, than one in the middle of a crisis but afraid to get any sort of help out of fear of losing their livelihoods. Same with drug addiction. I'd rather have a nurse who used to steal meds and got clean than one who is shorting me on pain meds because they're an addict who can't get clean even though they want to. Yeah, someone with a history is more likely to do it again, but incentivizing the ones who want help not to get it doesn't really solve the problem either.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Tashilicious posted:

she is my hero and i hope she makes a habit of shattering white knights with saviour complexes

The dumbest post.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

HOT BREAD! posted:

At least the comments are mocking the poo poo out of this woman instead of trying to Relationship SovCit for once

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Frog Act posted:

My [28M] girlfriends [27F] hygiene is shocking.

"sexy" shower followed by bath?

Send her to a spa and wait for her to get the message from the staff?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Girlfriend (26) started antagonizing me (32) over a song I was listening to. I said something back, she escalated, and we haven't spoken since.
This girl is totally going to be the kind of "well if you didn't want an STD MAYBE keep the legs closed, you're 23" nurses ain't she?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 29, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

HOT BREAD! posted:

How are people this stupid? HOW?!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My (27/m) girlfriend's (26/f) vagina doesn't let me in anymore

The story isn't worth the read, typical medical issues story, but the title is wonderful.

Vagina is all, "NO! No more visitors!" :nono:

Edit:

Found this:

Licked my (19M) cousin’s cousin’s (18F) butt and got caught...

quote:

Edit: we live in California

Edit 2: me and her are NOT related, we just share a mutual cousin and she (M) happens to live with them now for various reasons

Throwaway account. We had a family get together and my mom side of the family came over from out of state. My moms cousin (we will call Mr. I) brought his family over, however THEIR cousin (who is related to their moms side not mine) came over as well. We have this large pool so everyone was in it messing around. I never met this girl before and we kept exchanging glances. I finally mustered up the courage to go and talk to this girl. I learned her name (we will call her M) and we hit it off. We enjoyed the same things and apparently went to the same junior high but never once met. Later the adults were all drinking inside and everyone eventually migrated inside the house and it was only her and I. We sat next to each other and eventually we gradually got closer until I made the move and kissed her. We were making out and one thing led to another but she stopped and “smartly” said let’s take it to the room. We walk inside the house, boner hiding behind the towel and the adults are laughing not paying any attention to us (thank GOD almighty my brother didn’t say anything). My room is also next to the guest bathroom so I went into my room and she made it look like she went into the bathroom but really we went into my room. This is where poo poo hits the fan.

My parents don’t believe in locked doors because it is their house, so I blocked it with my backpack. Not only that these cousins of mine are spending the night so MY room happens to be the guest bedroom as well. Me and M get frisky again clothes come off and I’m down their eating her rear end out. All of a sudden as I am mid ahem “lick” the door opens and Mr I is standing their, looking at us with dead fish eyes before slowly closing the door. M and I exchange glances and quickly put our clothes back on, embarrassed we walk out and do the walk of shame thinking Mr I will tell everyone

It’s been 3 hours and nothing. My parents have not berated me and they will kick me out if they find out I’ve had sex under their roof. The cousins and M are staying for 5 days. This is going to get really awkward, how do I confront Mr. I about it? What do me and M do??

TL;DR licked my cousins cousins butt, her uncle walked into the room and saw us. Hasn’t said anything to my parents, how do I confront the man?

Kuros fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 29, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I [25F] said something really stupid to my GF [24F] by accident, now she doesn't believe I didn't mean it

quote:

Ok so I'm a dumbass. She's actually my first relationship and the first person I had sex with ever, and we are like ridiculously sexually compatible. We've been dating for 5 months now but we knew each other for 2 years as friends before that, and had already developed feelings for each other for a long while. So it definitely feels quite serious already.

Basically we were having sex, actually just got finished, and I just wanted to express how good it was, yknow? So I said 'babe, you're so good you're gonna ruin everybody else for me'. Basically unintentionally saying I'll definitely have sex with other people after her. big oof

Like 1 millisecond after saying it my brain went 'wait.. hold on a sec.. that doesn't sound right' and she was already looking at me weirdly... she said 'wow way to ruin the moment' and then kinda tried to laugh it off and I apologized a thousand times and explained I didn't mean it that way. She tried to just laugh along and play it off like she isn't bothered but she's not a very good actress and I know she's hurt. How do I make up for saying dumb stuff I didn't actually mean that way?

___

**tl,dr:** I said something stupid to my GF after sex and it ruined the moment and hurt her. How can I make things better and make her believe me?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

the first person I had sex with ever, and we are like ridiculously sexually compatible.

:thunk:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [420M] girlfriend’s [69F] vagina has been closed for remodeling for the past 18 months even though it was only scheduled for 6. Is there a future in this relationship?

No comments about the age gap please, that has nothing to do with my question.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

StrangersInTheNight posted:

You do not need to feel bad that your friend lost business trying to make you into a walking advertisement for her without your desire to even be involved. This woman showed hilariously bad judgement about how much it is appropriate to push your aesthetic desires onto others and her clients were right to step away, considering this is supposed to be her field of work.

I know it's cliche and presumptive to assume that overly fit people are meatheads, but it's hard for me not to think she's got amazing abs downstairs and a hamster wheel upstairs

I mean, I am a pretty fit person and I am not stupid, and my ex-wife is way more fit than me, and also the smartest person I know.

I only run, but my ex-wife does CrossFit, and I can confirm a lot of her “friends” from her gym are as smart as a brick. So there is definitely some truth in the stereotype.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for asking moms boyfriend to stop trying to parent me?

quote:

EDIT: THE BOYFRIEND DOESNT LIVE WITH US AND DOESNT PAY RENT OR BILLS. HIM AND HIS DAUGHTES SPEND TIME HERE AND PAY ONLY FOR THEIR FOOD: SOMETHING I DO AS WELL*

My dad died suddenly about a year ago, and my mom found this really nice guy that she’s started seeing. I’m 23M and going into my final year of college. My moms boyfriend has two daughters ages 15 and 13. My mom has stepped in to be a mother figure to them, and the boyfriend has stepped into my extended family becoming everyone’s favourite uncle. And while i’m glad everyone else is comfortable, i’m not.

He isn’t a bad guy, I’m just still grieving my father, and it feels like he’s trying to replace him. He tries to set rules for me, things like chores and curfew, that my dad specifically didn’t because he thought they were ridiculous for an adult. Boyfriend thinks it’s only fair because i have siblings now. I think it’s ridiculous to have the same rules apply because of our age differences.

He’s trying to get me to share my stuff with his kids. They aren’t lacking for anything but he thinks it’s only fair because ~family~.

I live in the basement of my moms house. I have since i was 15. When you come in the front door there’s a door to the basement and the stairs to go into the house. So it’s pretty separate.

So last night i was DDing for some friends and got home at 2 am. I had nothing to do until 3pm today since classes aren’t until next week and my new job starts in 2 weeks. So this has never been a big deal with my parents. I shot my mom a text and went to bed.

Tonight though, man, boyfriend flipped. I got a lecture and sent to my room and “possible loss of car privileges.”

I snapped and laid it out for him. I told him i’m leaving the city after i graduate, i told him i’m glad my mom found a new partner but that i am not and will not be looking for a new father figure and he needs to respect that. I told him our relationship won’t be father/son for some time, and that he needs to respect me as an adult or that i won’t want to have a relationship with him.

He told my family and they think i’m the rear end in a top hat. AITA?

Telling a 23-year-old man that you're not related to that he's grounded for going out too late.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kuros posted:

He seems like he really wants her to be his cousin since he keeps calling her that even though they're not related.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for leaving condoms on the bathroom counter during a 13yo's sleepover?

quote:

Around 6 months ago I started caring for my little sister full time. She was already having sex, that cat is way out of the bag, so I put some boxes of condoms on the bathroom counter just so they would constantly be there to remind her that they exist and she needs to use them. Part of coming to live with me meant she changed to a different school. Her new school is very upper middle class, it is a complete 180 from her old, and she struggled to make friends for a few months. Thankfully, every single person in her class is a total gem, and she's made a few really good friends.

She had never had a sleepover at her own house prior to living with me, I didn't either growing up. It's something she really wanted to do, and I was excited as well. I always loved having lovely pizza for dinner and waffles in the morning at a friends house, and I liked the idea of getting to be The Waffle God for once.

I took the responsibility pretty seriously, It's one thing to look after my own sibling and perhaps the neighbour's kid for a few hours, but looking after people's kids overnight was nerve-racking. I let her plan a lot of it, I'm not going to pretend I know what things are fun to do for a group of tween and teen girls, but I made sure she knew I was cooking them some goshdarn waffles. As I was cleaning up and preparing, I remember specifically thinking about whether I should put the condoms away, but I decided against it. I figured if she was embarrassed about them that she could hide them herself.

The sleepover went well, all the girls were great. Most importantly, they appreciated my waffles, but they even cleaned up after themselves. I swear they must've snuck out the vacuum cleaner at some point because the floors were spotless. Cut to a day later, and I get a phone call from one of the girl's mother berating me for "leaving condoms out on display". This all happened around a month ago, and at the time I felt awful. She'd put her trust in me and I let her down.

I've been reflecting on a bunch of little mishaps recently, and I don't think I was in the wrong here. It's not like 12-13yos don't know that condoms exist, I've read their sex-ed curriculum and it's definitely mentioned a few dozen times. And it certainly wasn't like I pointed them out or anything, they were just sitting with the other health related goods. AITA?

Edit: I just thought I'd clarify, I don't let her have sex, I just know that she has in the past and there are many hours of the day that I don't get to watch her like a hawk. At school for instance.

Edit: A second clarification, I don't encourage her to have sex. It's something I disapprove of greatly and she knows it. However, as literally everyone knows, disapproval has never stopped a teen on a mission, so I make sure she has the tools to be as safe as possible.

Edit: A third clarification. Yes, child services are involved. Yes, she is in therapy. No, it's not illegal for her to have sex where we live, so long as it's consensual and with someone who is a similar age.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean, I am a pretty fit person and I am not stupid, and my ex-wife is way more fit than me, and also the smartest person I know.

I only run, but my ex-wife does CrossFit, and I can confirm a lot of her “friends” from her gym are as smart as a brick. So there is definitely some truth in the stereotype.

oh fit people can absolutely be smart, I know some very artistic folks who are also nuts about fitness and weightlifting so I don't mean that

I just mean this one particular lady, this overstep was so dramatic that I imagine a bright, empty smile with those eyes that always kind of look like she's distantly pre-occupied with something else, but then you learn it's nothing. She's just pre-occupied with nothing.

Kuros posted:

My parents have not berated me and they will kick me out if they find out I’ve had sex under their roof.

I am always fascinated by parents who outlaw 'X under MY ROOF' as if their house is their own little feudal territory and within it's walls, you will follow THEIR rules as if they are KINGS

well your little kingdom is lovely, consider this a peasant uprising

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kuros posted:

drat, going straight for the rimjob with no douching, just a nice swim. This kid's got a future in eating rear end.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for telling a girl our trauma isn't really the same?

quote:

New alt account, forgive lack of posts.

Gonna cut right to it: I [25M] suffer pretty severely from PTSD. On top of a lovely childhood, when I was 16, my then boyfriend and I got into a head-on collision with a drunk driver going 20mph over the limit. I was left with permanent physical injuries and he died on impact. I've been in therapy ever since but the crash is something that's still very traumatic and difficult for me. I have severe car anxiety and have nightmares about it even now. For a long time, I even struggled watching films which featured fast cars/car accidents, even if they weren't intended to be frightening. Like I'm talking I couldn't even get through Fast and Furious without having a panic attack.

Recently, my friends and I were planning to hang out and watch horror movies. One of them which was suggested was Cujo. A girl who is new to the group (let's call her Kay) immediately shot down the suggestion, stating she had issues getting through it because of a traumatic event in her life. Everyone was understanding, and I reached out separately to express my empathy to her and to tell her I'd had similar issues so if she wanted help working through it to give me a shout. I felt asking about the trauma was invasive and so I didn't, but I assumed she'd probably been bitten by a dog or something.

Fast forward to the film night. Out of curiosity, another friend asks Kay what the traumatic event was that meant she couldn't warch Cujo. Kay explained that her childhood pet was a St Bernard who had to be put down when Kay was 7 because he was old and super arthritic. She followed it with "[My name] gets it though, you had the same thing happen right?" And I replied "I mean kind of. I got in a bad car crash and the other person died, so it's a bit different." Kay got kinda weird and huffy then and left shortly after.

Two days ago, Kay finally contacted me about it. She said she felt like what I did was really rude and I put her in a super awkward position. She felt like I was turning trauma into a competition and that there was no need for me to "one up" her like that. I think she's being unreasonable; I've no doubt that losing her beloved pet was traumatic and I've a great deal of sympathy but is it really wrong of me to say that isn't the same as what I went through?

Edit: since some people seem to think I directly told her I had a pet die let me just be clear: when I reached out about "similar problems" I mean I reached out saying I also couldn't watch certain films because of trauma. I never mentioned pets or what my trauma was in that conversation, as she knew I'd been in a crash and I just assumed she knew that's what I was referencing. Still on me for not being explicit, but people seem confused.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Frog Act posted:

I [25F] am an open heroin/opioid addict and a guy [36M] pressured me into a relationship. I robbed him and now he's mad

The scorpion and the horny toad

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for leaving condoms on the bathroom counter during a 13yo's sleepover?

lol well she's already loving, better make sure she's doing it safe *shrug*

In before the pedophiles come barreling brigading in here to talk up how perfectly normal it is for 13 year olds to have sex, not just in animes!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ad090 posted:

Update: Best friend (33F) wanted me to lose weight for her wedding...

So in the past 24 hours her original post blew up, was written about in the news, went viral on Facebook to the point that the bride's clients found out about it, a bunch of said clients then fired the bride over it, and they got together to have a nice wrap-up chat about it. This story sure moves fast!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 29, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for asking moms boyfriend to stop trying to parent me?

Telling a 23-year-old man that you're not related to that he's grounded for going out too late.

Mom's boyfriend is clearly staking his position as alpha male. Only way to deal with this is bareknuckle fighting. Winner sets the house rules, loser shuts the gently caress up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

tactlessbastard posted:

lol well she's already loving, better make sure she's doing it safe *shrug*
The friend's mom can go gently caress herself about the condoms.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

The friend's mom can go gently caress herself about the condoms.

Only if she uses a condom.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [M29] cheated on my fiance [F25] years ago and now I don't know whether I should tell her?

quote:

I'm keeping it vague with the timeline in case anyone I know stumbles across this and outs me.

I met my fiance, Clara, while I was at a new university doing my masters and she was an undergrad. We immediately clicked and I knew that she was going to be the one. However, I had always had a thing for my friend Jenny [F29] which I initially thought I was completely over when I met Clara.

When Clara was busy revising for her final exams and pulling together her dissertation we understandably became a lot more distant due to having less time for each other. I was hosting friends from my undergrad days, one of whom happened to be Jenny. We stayed up drinking and one thing led to another and me and Jenny ended up sleeping together.

I woke up in pieces, but knew I couldn't tell Clara immediately because it would ruin her exams, which would pretty much ruin her future career prospects given the industry she's gone into. Instead I decided I would come clean afterwards. However, she was so happy to be finished I felt I couldn't really ruin that and I was terrified that with me staying on after she left that if we broke up it would be for good, so I just didn't.

Instead we stayed together, doing long distance while I finished my studies. I moved in with Clara once I'd done, a lot of my undergrad friends, including Jenny are from the same big city that we moved to. So Clara and Jenny hang out in group situations often, although Clara has said that she thinks Jenny is sometimes a bit rude to her, which I think may be because Jenny feels awkward about what happened. All of my undergrad friends know that I've cheated on Clara, and other than shouting at me when it initially happened have pretty much said nothing.

I proposed to Clara because I love her and want to have a family with her, but distance seems to make the lie feel bigger and the guilt has been getting to me recently. I've had nightmares about it coming out on the wedding day through some casual slip or innuendo. Friends I have spoken to about it have pointed out that I'm wanting to cleanse my guilt rather than help Clara, as telling her will only cause hurt.

Jenny is still very much part of my life as we both still have the same niche hobby that we initially bonded over almost 10 years ago, I feel like it would make me a bad friend to cut her off, and when I initially moved to the same city, Clara encouraged us to hang out when I was trying to distance myself as she said it was important to not just hang out as a couple.

TLDR: I cheated on my fiance years ago, girl I cheated with once is still a good friend and I don't know if I should come clean before the wedding.

He gets a roasting, and puts up a weak defense!

quote:

I just don't know how I'd broach it, how do you sit down and tell someone that you've been with for years that? I also worry that she'll lose a big part of her social group because she's really become one of the group over the years, they're as much her friends as they are mine now

quote:

A couple of my friends have pointed out that if she'd not found out by this point it's unlikely she will unless I tell her, but it just seems that every so often there'll be a something that seems to hint at it, unless I'm paranoid.

It's not like I'm even actively lying anymore, it just isn't said. I wish there was a way I could come clean without losing her

quote:

I do regret it, but I would have been a lovely friend to Jenny to sleep with her and then cut her off without a word. If you read I had initially meant to tell Clara so I didn't think I'd have to stop talking to Jenny and by the time we'd moved it had all just got so complicated

UPDATE: I [M29] cheated on my fiance [F25] years ago and now I don't know whether I should tell her?

quote:

So I told Clara that I'd cheated on her, she was away in Germany on a business trip but ended up cutting it short and flying home.

Initially she'd said that we could potentially work through things but had suggested I move out to live with friends for a while. However, when I'd first called her I'd kept the details to a bare minimum and hadn't mentioned that it was Jenny I'd slept with. Once Clara was back in the country and she found out the whole truth she went ballistic, I went back to the apartment this morning to pick up a change of clothes and she was missing. I rang her parents, who said she was safe but didn't want to speak to me. They've told me to ring round the wedding vendors that we've booked and cancel everything, and that they expect me to eat any fees.

I'm trying to give Clara time to come to terms with what's happened. I met with Jenny to give her a heads up about coming clean and she's now livid with me as well as she's said I've dragged up old business now to try and make her look back in front of her new boyfriend.

I'm still praying that Clara somehow finds it in her to forgive me.

TLDR: I came clean, she dumped me, I get to pay for a wedding that we wont be having :(

Hooray for Clara!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

I [M29] cheated on my fiance [F25] years ago and now I don't know whether I should tell her?

He gets a roasting, and puts up a weak defense!

UPDATE: I [M29] cheated on my fiance [F25] years ago and now I don't know whether I should tell her?

Hooray for Clara!

dead_dove.gif

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Poor Jenny looks bad to her new bf.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

I [25F] am an open heroin/opioid addict and a guy [36M] pressured me into a relationship. I robbed him and now he's mad

quote:

At first he would give me money. Plenty of it. Then it dropped down to like $5 every week. Eventually he stopped giving me money at all. 
[...]
I went over and he was calm and said he had no idea I was still on drugs (what). 

Hahaha he thought he was getting her clean

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for telling a girl our trauma isn't really the same?

quote:

She felt like I was turning trauma into a competition and that there was no need for me to "one up" her like that.

NTA because Kay was trying to convince everyone that having an old dog be put down is on the same level as being in a fatal car accident for those precious pity points. If anything Kay should have been dunked on way goddamn harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Danaru posted:

NTA because Kay was trying to convince everyone that having an old dog be put down is on the same level as being in a fatal car accident for those precious pity points. If anything Kay should have been dunked on way goddamn harder

I have CPTSD, but I don't disclose it unless absolutely necessary, or it's someone I'm close to or will be close to. I cannot loving stand people claiming to have PTSD because their mother yelled at them in front of their friends when they were nine, or they hit a stop sign during their driving test.