Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Montasque posted:

Ngo(Vietnamese) Tiny(Polynesian), Joseph Gibson(Half-Japanese), Enrique Tarrio(AfroCuban)

It's gotta bother the old 'blood and soil' crowd so much that the face of American fascism today are POC.

I cant even imagine what the old bone heads I used to clash with back in my ARA days are feeling about all this. Wild times folks, wild times.

I wanna say their elevation was at least partially intentional as a way to deflect claims that they were a white supremacist org

sadly, this failed when their first attempts at deflection met with "yes non-white people can be white supremacists too" as well as their own membership saying that yes they are white supremacists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

used to do this and mix in weed :cool:

So were you clintoning the weed or just sucking down big lungfuls of pure unfiltered tobacco fire

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ngo really needs to change tacks, it's only Q anon boomer supporting him right know. Chart a course for calmer waters as a New York Times opinion haver. Make a sob story about how your quest for objective journalism lead you to be too credulous of hate groups and they'll gladly have you.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Epic High Five posted:

I wanna say their elevation was at least partially intentional as a way to deflect claims that they were a white supremacist org

sadly, this failed when their first attempts at deflection met with "yes non-white people can be white supremacists too" as well as their own membership saying that yes they are white supremacists

I get what you're saying but what I am talking about is a specific type of 'blood and soil' fascism. The kind that has a stated end goal of the complete annihilation of non-Northern Europeans. The only major player on the alt-right even taking that line is Richard Spencer, and he had a black girlfriend...

The skinheads I dealt with in the 1990s targeted the Southern European community for christ sakes. Many of today's leading fascists in Canada and the USA are either poc, bi-racial, or married/dating a POC.

Very progressive!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
At a recent event there were some ex-skins from that timeframe organizing with escape from hate or something and afterwards a friend of mine asked them (a kind of rude question imo) if they secretly thought the new crop of neonazis were a bunch of pussies compared to the haters they had escaped from. obviously they didn’t answer but just laughed it off. but yes the new crop of neonazis is a lot different from before and less criminally/organizationally violent than groups in the 90s who would assassinate federal judges and do carbombings and poo poo.

That’s why they are moving to stochastic terrorism, infiltration of mainstream conservative groups, and putting so much more effort into deniability - it’s a reaction to the perceived failures of that generation.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Montasque posted:

Ngo(Vietnamese) Tiny(Polynesian), Joseph Gibson(Half-Japanese), Enrique Tarrio(AfroCuban)

It's gotta bother the old 'blood and soil' crowd so much that the face of American fascism today are POC.

I cant even imagine what the old bone heads I used to clash with back in my ARA days are feeling about all this. Wild times folks, wild times.

Isn't IE or some other nazi org led by a (admittedly white skinned) dude named Fuentes

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

At a recent event there were some ex-skins from that timeframe organizing with escape from hate or something and afterwards a friend of mine asked them (a kind of rude question imo) if they secretly thought the new crop of neonazis were a bunch of pussies compared to the haters they had escaped from. obviously they didn’t answer but just laughed it off. but yes the new crop of neonazis is a lot different from before and less criminally/organizationally violent than groups in the 90s who would assassinate federal judges and do carbombings and poo poo.

That’s why they are moving to stochastic terrorism, infiltration of mainstream conservative groups, and putting so much more effort into deniability - it’s a reaction to the perceived failures of that generation.

I can't see any of the soft lads in orgs like the Proud Boys or Patriot Prayer doing anything serious like that - it feels like today's Nazi orgs simply take advantage of the existing omnipresent state apparatus of oppression and try to get it to run rampant against vulnerable people as much as possible. Sometimes it even backfires on them when the pigs are forced by mass public outcry to actually arrest someone like James Fields who does something truly exceptionally horrible, but today's nazis seem absolutely toothless outside of intentionally engineering excuses for cops to beat up poor people en masse.

In other words, they don't have any revolution to win or diabolical leader to install; the status quo is their victory condition and they are doing everything in their power to protect it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If they were watching/lurking this thread right now they'd be all like "I dunno, sure sounds like it's the lefties who are obsessed with race to me :smuggo:"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

this isn't accidental, this is the kind of shift in nazi culture that people like Richard Spencer have been driving for 10 or so years.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Chillgamesh posted:

I can't see any of the soft lads in orgs like the Proud Boys or Patriot Prayer doing anything serious like that - it feels like today's Nazi orgs simply take advantage of the existing omnipresent state apparatus of oppression and try to get it to run rampant against vulnerable people as much as possible. Sometimes it even backfires on them when the pigs are forced by mass public outcry to actually arrest someone like James Fields who does something truly exceptionally horrible, but today's nazis seem absolutely toothless outside of intentionally engineering excuses for cops to beat up poor people en masse.

In other words, they don't have any revolution to win or diabolical leader to install; the status quo is their victory condition and they are doing everything in their power to protect it.

Eh you're comparing things that are on entirely different scales.

There were clusters of rightwing-terrorists-doing-violence back then and there are clusters of rightwing-terrorists-doing-violence now; there were millions of all-talk-no-action cowards back then and there are millions of all-talk-no-action cowards now.

Just because the cowards are louder and more of them forgo dogwhistling when in public... doesn't necessarily make the actual terrorists any safer or less numerous. Especially when they give themselves irony poisoning on holocaust memes.

silentsnack has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Aug 30, 2019

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Petr posted:

So were you clintoning the weed or just sucking down big lungfuls of pure unfiltered tobacco fire

The second one

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The second one

nice

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

clair subtweeting herself re:andy ngo

Montasque posted:

I get what you're saying but what I am talking about is a specific type of 'blood and soil' fascism. The kind that has a stated end goal of the complete annihilation of non-Northern Europeans. The only major player on the alt-right even taking that line is Richard Spencer, and he had a black girlfriend...

The skinheads I dealt with in the 1990s targeted the Southern European community for christ sakes. Many of today's leading fascists in Canada and the USA are either poc, bi-racial, or married/dating a POC.

Very progressive!

the optimist says even the neo-nazis are better than they used to be
the pessimist says the neo-nazis drastically enlarged their political base by softening their hardline stances
the nihilist says the right-wing political base has always been a continuum of soft/hard white supremacy, the details are just branding

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Montasque posted:

Very progressive!

There are always going to be non-white people who see themselves as "better" at accepting/appreciating white culture than they perceive the rest of their race group. Systemic racism provides material incentives for them to do so, being able to socialize with those above you tends to help your chances of maintaining or increasing income. Given that (I think) right wing extremism correlates with personality disorders, these people may even properly hate their own identity as belonging to a race group. Thus, non-white white supremacists.

That doesn't explain the behavior of the white white supremacists, of course. I think that can be chalked up to the change in mainstream culture/aesthetics, which was definitely more willing to see racial segregation as "natural" even in the 90s, compared to today. Avowed white supremacists, as a minority in themselves, have a material incentive to appeal to the mainstream in order to advance their goals. (I suspect even those who buy into "3%" type ideas must recognize this on some level.) So, being inclusive to the non-white white supremacists serves as an appeal to the mainstream now, where excluding all POC from membership had sufficient mainstream appeal back then.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
(1)

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1167533177616916480

(2)

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1167530935832764416

quote:

A Los Angeles man whose social media accounts had links to a neo-Nazi organization is facing hate crime charges after he yelled anti-Semitic slurs at a Jewish man and his infant and threatened to kill them earlier this month, authorities said.

Cameron Brunson Blake, 34, was charged with making criminal threats and vandalism of a religious property, which is a hate crime, according to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

Blake screamed “das Juden,” which is German for “Jew,” and several other slurs and profanities at a man and his daughter in the Pacific Palisades area on Aug. 12, according to Deputy Dist. Atty. Richard Ceballos, who is prosecuting the case. Two days before that, he carved an anti-Semitic slur into the doors of a synagogue, according to the district attorney’s office.

Investigators found links on Blake’s social media accounts to Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi organization that has been linked to violence in California and other parts of the United States. Ceballos said it was unclear if Blake is formally a member of the group or simply followed their activities online.

Last year, another supposed member of Atomwaffen Division was charged with a hate crime in the killing of 19-year-old Blazer Bernstein in Orange County. Prosecutors said the suspect, Samuel Woodward, targeted Bernstein because he was gay.

Ceballos said investigators are reviewing other hate incidents in the area that Blake may have taken part in. He was arrested on Thursday without incident and faces six years in state prison if convicted.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:airquote:hacked:airquote:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Montasque posted:

Rome needed goths to do heavy lifting cuz they were getting old fat and lazy because the only front line they’d ever see was a catamite’s rear end

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Alan Smithee posted:

Slab Bulkhead!

Fridge Largemeat!

Bold Bigflank!

Stump Chunkmen!

Rip Steakface!

Braxton Ryback

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mom_grateful/status/1167533081336647686

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
atomwaffen nazi's soundcloud which shows him reposting nazi rap music which... uh

https://soundcloud.com/c-b-blake

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Most of them were hardened criminals, really the worst of the worst. I know of a few who went to Libya and were given "training" thanks to Gaddafi.

sleeptalker posted:

There are always going to be non-white people who see themselves as "better" at accepting/appreciating white culture than they perceive the rest of their race group. Systemic racism provides material incentives for them to do so, being able to socialize with those above you tends to help your chances of maintaining or increasing income. Given that (I think) right wing extremism correlates with personality disorders, these people may even properly hate their own identity as belonging to a race group. Thus, non-white white supremacists.

That doesn't explain the behavior of the white white supremacists, of course. I think that can be chalked up to the change in mainstream culture/aesthetics, which was definitely more willing to see racial segregation as "natural" even in the 90s, compared to today. Avowed white supremacists, as a minority in themselves, have a material incentive to appeal to the mainstream in order to advance their goals. (I suspect even those who buy into "3%" type ideas must recognize this on some level.) So, being inclusive to the non-white white supremacists serves as an appeal to the mainstream now, where excluding all POC from membership had sufficient mainstream appeal back then.

I think there's a few who fit your definition in paragraph 1. The neo-Confederate Korean Nazi kid comes to mind.

But people like Tiny, and the other POC members of the Proud Boys are different. My gut tells me these POC fascists are attracted to the far-right because they worship at the cult of machismo. Look at Brazil as an example of what's coming.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I smoked when I was in china and it fuckin ruled. whole country was a smoking section. you could just walk into the hotel from the street smoking.

i went to france as a nonsmoker (17 years, pack a day) and everyone smoking made me want to light up again so bad. it isnt an issue back home in the us though

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Eat This Glob posted:

I smoked when I was in china and it fuckin ruled. whole country was a smoking section. you could just walk into the hotel from the street smoking.

i went to france as a nonsmoker (17 years, pack a day) and everyone smoking made me want to light up again so bad. it isnt an issue back home in the us though

Yeah that sounds like they suck.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

"Extreme-left"

"Not wanting people to die in factories" is Extreme Left. hth

https://twitter.com/TamiRoman/status/1167565791392231424?s=19

just :lol: if she unironically thinks white internet stem nerds give a gently caress about anything other than inflating their sad fragile egos

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/TamiRoman/status/1167565791392231424?s=19

just :lol: if she unironically thinks white internet stem nerds give a gently caress about anything other than inflating their sad fragile egos

And lol if she thinks loans are just going to magically go away if you hack a computer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

predicto posted:

And lol if she thinks loans are just going to magically go away if you hack a computer.

we live in a fight club

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Montasque posted:

I think there's a few who fit your definition in paragraph 1. The neo-Confederate Korean Nazi kid comes to mind.

But people like Tiny, and the other POC members of the Proud Boys are different. My gut tells me these POC fascists are attracted to the far-right because they worship at the cult of machismo. Look at Brazil as an example of what's coming.

White supremacy is being "post-modernized" and boiled down to its core cultural values, which are the sensibilities of suburbia.

predicto posted:

but in Mr. Robot...

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Aug 31, 2019

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

black and milds to compliment a nice cider is antifa now

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/1167614337470517248?s=19

gently caress no

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

it's this

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Most of them were hardened criminals, really the worst of the worst. I know of a few who went to Libya and were given "training" thanks to Gaddafi.

Tiny's a bully who likes violence and being an rear end in a top hat, don't read anything else into it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tiny's a bully who likes violence and being an rear end in a top hat, don't read anything else into it.

They didn’t. That’s all there is to it

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
What'd Jack's Hack post, anyway?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

somehow this flew under the radar for the past few days, but boogie had an insane meltdown where he said people trolling him are LITERALLY worse than nazis and rapists

it got bad enough that keemstar(!) was like 'dude, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
"are you implying nazis are bad"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

White supremacy is being "post-modernized" and boiled down to its core cultural values, which are the sensibilities of suburbia.

but in Mr. Robot...

Is Mr Robot good?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Is Mr Robot good?

Season 1 is...

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

StashAugustine posted:

Is Mr Robot good?

Yeah it's great.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
durr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
it seems i need to start binging DC's Legends of Tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/JORDEVlO/status/1167198148114210818?s=19

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1167410263118819329?s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 09:07 on Aug 31, 2019