Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Klansman 8 0.91%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 578 65.76%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 185 21.05%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 4 0.46%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 0 0%
Julian Castro, the Twin 3 0.34%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 3 0.34%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 9 1.02%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 2 0.23%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 4 0.46%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 19 2.16%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 19 2.16%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 8 0.91%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.11%
Just like in real life, nobody voted for Hickenlooper 2 0.23%
Jeffrey Epstein, the MCC Most Hated 9 1.02%
KKKillary KKKlinton 16 1.82%
Some other idiot not in this list 9 1.02%
Total: 879 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, its almost undeniably a lovely poll, but its still a good laugh

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1167551933181247490

Booker looking good in Utah, I wonder how long he can stay in, or wants to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I read the replies and there is a lot of people too online right now.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I dont think I've seen anyone mention the shitshow going on with the Iowa caucus, the DNC just rejected the virtual caucus component after it was found to be too easy to hack and manipulate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-24/dnc-virtual-caucus-at-risk-after-experts-hacked-conference-call

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/755819116/dnc-recommends-scrapping-plans-for-virtual-iowa-caucuses-over-security-concerns

Can someone remind me why Iowa doesn't just switch to a primary?
Your post only mentions Iowa, but this also affects Nevada, where I'm organizing for the Democrats right now. It really really sucks for the people who've been counting on a way to caucus from home, either for disability reasons or because they have "Jobs"

Pls no one get me fired and if you live in the Vegas area PM me :ssh:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

kiss of death

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

The Glumslinger posted:

I dont think I've seen anyone mention the shitshow going on with the Iowa caucus, the DNC just rejected the virtual caucus component after it was found to be too easy to hack and manipulate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-24/dnc-virtual-caucus-at-risk-after-experts-hacked-conference-call

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/755819116/dnc-recommends-scrapping-plans-for-virtual-iowa-caucuses-over-security-concerns

Can someone remind me why Iowa doesn't just switch to a primary?
FWIW this is probably for the best. IIRC once you registered for the virtual caucus you were locked out of the regular one for good, and also I have to assume signing in to the thing is also an enormous pain in the rear end.

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
It is extremely good for Bernie that the virtual caucus is getting rejected. Younger voters disproportionately were about to register for it, thereby collectively locking themselves out of participation in 90% of the delegate allocation statewide. I'm actually surprised the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee isn't approving the plan, since it would help Biden so much. Apparently they're worried about hacking.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

This was from Clinton's book tour in 2017.

She still sucks today.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Which candidate is most sympathetic to an accelerationist narrative (whichever variant)?

Which candidate is most /appealing/ to an accelerationist (and which variants)?

Which candidate would best /serve/ as accelerating the end of the American Experiment?

What percentage of the voting public last election considered themselves (and their vote) to be some variant of 'accelerationist'?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Armack posted:

It is extremely good for Bernie that the virtual caucus is getting rejected. Younger voters disproportionately were about to register for it, thereby collectively locking themselves out of participation in 90% of the delegate allocation statewide. I'm actually surprised the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee isn't approving the plan, since it would help Biden so much. Apparently they're worried about hacking.

This is also my read. It's good, which means that the DNC has no idea what they just did.

Russiagate.... good?!?! gently caress it. Its not like acknowledging Trump won marginal margins in the states that suddenly counted because the Democrats forgot they were states is going to bring about actual change. Might as well play the good board-state well for the wrong reasons.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Uglycat posted:

Which candidate is most sympathetic to an accelerationist narrative (whichever variant)?

Which candidate would best /serve/ as accelerating the end of the American Experiment?

What percentage of the voting public last election considered themselves (and their vote) to be some variant of 'accelerationist'?

Yang

Yang

Trump

Less than 1% but accelerations are rarely self aware enough to self identify. Usually a strong overlap with extreme privilege and lack of empathy or morals. See: white males

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Uglycat posted:

Yang, Yang, Yang, and Yang respectively.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I realize that last isn't quite a perfect answer but i guarantee as much as i'm able as someone without access to such a dataset that the venn diagram between voting, self-ID accelerationists in 2016 and yang gang in 2020 is a loving circle.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Willie Tomg posted:

I realize that last isn't quite a perfect answer but i guarantee as much as i'm able as someone without access to such a dataset that the venn diagram between voting, self-ID accelerationists in 2016 and yang gang in 2020 is a loving circle.

I would second this for sure.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

he has actually hosed up prosecuting two wars through sheer ineptitude. literally anyone else would've done literally something to further aims in syria and venezuela and made the USA Heinlein's Starship Troopers but without any of the good parts of the book because the USA treats its veterans like forgettable dogshit instead of philosopher-kings. Literally anyone other than jared kushner woud've preserved the KSA/UAE alliance. I would've done that for $200k a year, and I would've shot myself in the head after, for doing such. trump has hit the brakes on the american empire and economy in a way literally unfathomable in 2015. thats not necessarily good or even bad, but its not accelerationism. thats a concept with meaning and trump isn't it.

Trump on his worst day is a better CiC than Obama was on his best day. Trump on his best day is about as good a CiC as Obama was on a day that ended in y. I mean this sincerely.

e; in summary, no seriously, its Yang. I'll go twelve rounds about this but i suspect neither of us really gives a gently caress because the question is absurd.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 31, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
the accelerationist president was obama in 2012, as distinct from obama in 2008, and the result was antifa responses in every urban area by 2017 and a national DSA congress in 2019. That's pretty good progress, historically speaking.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I think you could argue Clinton's primary and general election campaign was the true accelerationist's wet dream

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

I think you could argue Clinton's primary and general election campaign was the true accelerationist's wet dream

I would argue this, except the nativist, protectionist candidate won despite openly sundowning and nobody liking them very much. Which fucks things up a little until you do some adjustments to theory that I'm already to bored making this post to do, being perfectly honest.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Particularly given how many former Clinton staffers/sycophants immediately fell in line behind Harris from the get-go.

I, for one, can't imagine why Kamala isn't taking off more as a candidate.:thunk:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Bernie is going to speak at ISNA (Islamic Society of North America)'s yearly conference today, the only real* presidential candidate to do so. It's already getting played up as "Bernie is giving a speech to HAMAS" in the usual places.

(As a Muslim, always loved his relationship with our community!)

*I refuse to believe that Julian Castro is real.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 31, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Particularly given how many former Clinton staffers/sycophants immediately fell in line behind Harris from the get-go.

I, for one, can't imagine why Kamala isn't taking off more as a candidate.:thunk:

for once clinton staffers aren't the ones primarily responsible for a faltering campaign

kamala's always been a dead end as a potential candidate. they've tried hyping her up a bunch of times going back almost to late 2016 and it never took. she just doesn't have it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Muppets On PCP posted:

for once clinton staffers aren't the ones primarily responsible for a faltering campaign

kamala's always been a dead end as a potential candidate. they've tried hyping her up a bunch of times going back almost to late 2016 and it never took. she just doesn't have it

Are you implying that Hillary wasn't?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
she probably could've limped across the finish line with a real campaign

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Who's fault is it that Harris refuses to commit to any given stance? Her own, or the Clinton campaign staffers? Because I think that's the biggest reason she's not going anywhere.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

no, BAD YANG, BAD!!

https://twitter.com/nikoCSFB/status/1167644426010877952

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lol Yang is and always was techbro trash.

I basically understand why leftists fall for Gabbard’s song and dance even tho she’s poo poo but lol forever at Yang stans on the left.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Yang bad, who knew

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61CD8eOTolo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Lol Yang is and always was techbro trash.

I basically understand why leftists fall for Gabbard’s song and dance even tho she’s poo poo but lol forever at Yang stans on the left.

Amusingly enough it's for the same reason people fall for Tulsi's poo poo: Idiots who think their "message" (non-interventionalism in Tulsi's case, UBI in Yang's) is what truly important. That the actual intent behind those messages, delivered as they are by these two specific people, is complete and utter loving trash is forcibly irrelevant.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

A good chunk of the YangGang thingy (at least online) is 4chan MAGA trolls.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Uglycat posted:

None of them, none of them, pretty much anyone besides Bernie, and a statistically insignificant number.

The fact is that most forces capable of destroying America currently operate independently of what the president does, and few candidates have shown any interest in taking any action at all regarding those forces. The question you should be asking isn't "who's going to destroy America", it's "who's going to stop the destruction of America"? When the rising seas swallow up the big coastal cities, is it going to matter whether the president who wasted our last chance to stop climate change with the same old half-assed pro-business garbage was Biden, Harris, or Booker?

Only Sanders has proposed the kind of bold action we desperately need to reduce the impact of climate change, and only Sanders had the kind of record that shows he won't simply give in to corporate pushback. Granted, I don't think his plan goes far enough, but it goes several times farther than all the other climate plans on offer in this primary! As for the other candidates, the differences between them are honestly insignificant compared to the level of apathy and disinterest they appear to have toward the impending worldwide disaster.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It is rather funny knowing 4ch MAGAtrolls are antisemitic as all hell so every time their meme candidates speak positively about Israel they gnash their teeth hard.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nonsense posted:

It is rather funny knowing 4ch MAGAtrolls are antisemitic as all hell so every time their meme candidates speak positively about Israel they gnash their teeth hard.

With sufficient irony it can be hard to tell. A lot of them see Israel as proof ethnostates can work.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Nonsense posted:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

lol well I suppose he's consistent since he's treating our propping up of foreign militaries as some sort of international UBI. Just cutting checks to oppressive regimes around the globe and then tut-tutting when someone questions how that money is being spent, like saying Israel should maybe stop doing genocide is the moral equivalent of loudly complaining about a SNAP recipients shopping habits.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/GunnelsWarren/status/1167837716404420608?s=19

Can't wait for the media to say how Trump like this is and also continue to claim the wapo isn't biaed against Sanders (and leftists in general)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Armack posted:

It's actually quite heartening that chaos swings in a good direction on rare occasions.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...de70_story.html

This should be real good

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
I like how the bill specifically takes aim at the 2005 bankruptcy bill that Biden sponsored too. It's nice to see a politician that can draw contrasts between themselves and the competition through actual policy proposals and bills rather than just rhetoric.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nonsense posted:

It is rather funny knowing 4ch MAGAtrolls are antisemitic as all hell so every time their meme candidates speak positively about Israel, they take it as another step toward Solomon's Temple being rebuilt and the vindication of the Revelation, in which the libs finally get what's coming to 'em

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of them see Israel as proof that open-air genocide can slide under the mainstream radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I believe that Richard Spencer has said that alt-right just wants what Jews have in Israel but for whites in America.