Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have a kind of halfasses one that's about a screen wide. it's a little annoying have the vendors and portal bois spread apart, but it also means I'm never in danger of misclicking. Plus I tend to let my inventory fill up before I do everything at once anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hauki posted:

my favorite hideout is the completely barren and well lit one with all the masters and relevant objects crammed into the smallest useable space around the waypoint

Exactly.

I switched to the divided hideout near the end of last league, deleted all of the decorations, and I'm pretty happy with the results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Maybe this week leading up to the league I'll decorate a new hideout. I have the Haunted Mansion one that I've never even used and it would be fitting for the league that runs into Halloween.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran like 200 mansions last league and never found it. Hideout game is the true endgame grind

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Question on icicle mines, which of the following can they do: shotgun, chain, return, benefit from far or near shot, fork?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hauki posted:

my favorite hideout is the completely barren and well lit one with all the masters and relevant objects crammed into the smallest useable space around the waypoint

So how badly will compact hideouts be broken in 3.8 when each master acts as a map device for missions? Assuming it works that way it's going to be really annoying have all the masters spread out far enough to allow them to spawn portals.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Did they change the limit on maximum monsters hit? Wanted to play Sweep in Legion but whiffing a bunch even with RT sucked (also screwed up my wrist and ended up not playing much)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NitroSpazzz posted:

So how badly will compact hideouts be broken in 3.8 when each master acts as a map device for missions? Assuming it works that way it's going to be really annoying have all the masters spread out far enough to allow them to spawn portals.

Just use immaculate hideout with that big open area, or another hideout with a big space like that, and you'll have enough room. You can kinda squish portal masters pretty close already, its map geometry they cant be even kind of close to

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Arzachel posted:

Did they change the limit on maximum monsters hit? Wanted to play Sweep in Legion but whiffing a bunch even with RT sucked (also screwed up my wrist and ended up not playing much)

I don't think this was a thing, at all?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Just use immaculate hideout with that big open area, or another hideout with a big space like that, and you'll have enough room. You can kinda squish portal masters pretty close already, its map geometry they cant be even kind of close to

No just squish them all in a corner and use the edit hideout feature to move them out of storage when you want to do their missions 😁

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

dyzzy posted:

I don't think this was a thing, at all?

That was my best guess at what was happening, but I had pretty much the same issues as people here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/c1p7tf/possible_bug_with_accuracy_missing_a_lot_with/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Benson Cunningham posted:

Question on icicle mines, which of the following can they do: shotgun, chain, return, benefit from far or near shot, fork?

I don't think we know yet

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Arzachel posted:

That was my best guess at what was happening, but I had pretty much the same issues as people here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/c1p7tf/possible_bug_with_accuracy_missing_a_lot_with/

Oh I remember that now, I think they put out a patch for that at some point in the league, must have been after you stopped?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

shotgun: probably not

chain: probably not, they appear to pierce

return: probably not, again because of pierce

far/near shot: no, because they're spells

fork: probably not, pierce

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Vasudus posted:

shotgun: probably not

chain: probably not, they appear to pierce

return: probably not, again because of pierce

far/near shot: no, because they're spells

fork: probably not, pierce

Thanks. I am now disappointed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ggg where is my ethereal spork mtx

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Good news I guess is that if they DON'T pierce, you can support them with chain/fork/return. It's hard to tell with the very limited information available so far.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Story of my PoE career.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Just get the snakepit ring if they do indeed autopierce, I'm not convinced that they do though

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I can't get over how the new fire mortar mine is just a better cremation lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zmej posted:

I can't get over how the new fire mortar mine is just a better cremation lol

I thought cremation let you see what was happenign?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Just get the snakepit ring if they do indeed autopierce, I'm not convinced that they do though

ohhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooood. I love you.

Thank you for knowing the most obscure of items.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
lol, someone on reddit came up with a plan for a gem lvl 39 HoP necro, abusing the new phys gem knives. That should be something like 2.5-3 mil damage fully supported; guard could hit 37 and gets sentinel buffs though

also a potential infernal legion vector assuming it works like rf and scales off of life, as the sentinels have ~300k life at this level

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 31, 2019

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Jinnigan posted:

anyways. yall got any favorite hideouts?

I like my current one:

Glimmerwood Hideout with important masters, stash, bench around the map device, with masters I never touch up around the fire.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Sab update:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Jinnigan posted:

anyways. yall got any favorite hideouts?

A nice goon hooked me up with Glacial hideout finally, so I went and found this: https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/177

I mostly just searched for Glacial Hideouts with no MTX decorations required and looked for the best rating. I bought all the stuff for it and imported before bed last night, only took a few final minutes to add flair like change the waypoint to glow, sit a sin symbol on top of it, stick my 37 challenge totems somewhere they don't look too stupid.

The crafting bench and alva/jun are a little ways away from the main stuff but I'm pretty impressed with this guy's work overall :D

I had a really nice Luxurious Hideout before that completely changes the way the place usually looks:

https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/476

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 31, 2019

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

Pyromaniac nerf makes me wonder if they're adding some defensive options for traps and mines to the main tree. A lot f the theme to 3.8 seems to be getting rid of "you can only play X ascendancy with Y type skills" stuff, which I'm in favor of.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Magus42 posted:

Sab update:

Very underwhelmeding. Will be interesting to see the numbers on the new mines and support skills to figure out if it's worth playing.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I'm pretty sure I'm doing Gladiator for my starter unless they announce impale nerfs or something.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
100% mine aura effect is potentially a lot of extra damage, though we don't know all the numbers yet.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Traps and mines already do a stupid amount of damage with little investment, and with the new items/auras/skills I can't imagine damage is going to be a problem with them.

Might be able to shift the tree to more tankiness which would be nice.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Arzachel posted:

The bug in that thread existed at league start (it's fixed now) but definitely didn't happen with RT. The problem was the accuracy rolls were all starting at 0 instead of being randomized properly so your first hit against each monster would always miss if you had less than 100% chance to hit.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 31, 2019

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I snagged HeraldOfAssbeatery for a probable hoaggernaut (which was already taken) or some flavor of hoagger, I'm pretty proud of it :toot:

my backup is FeralHoag :cool:

I got Hulk_HoAgan.

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011
I got TheFiftyFirstHoAG and ArmyOfFun.

Too bad I'm on an extended road trip and won't really be able to play much this league.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Magus42 posted:

Sab update:

Ehit could make good use of the explosives expert node.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dance Officer posted:

Ehit could make good use of the explosives expert node.

EHit traps are a thing, iirc. Perhaps mines now too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well now i'm in the first league starter waffle... divine ire totems or some sort of new miner

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2626554

My new favorite build guide

Edit: I lied.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2626555

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I feel like GGG could change nothing on some ascendancies, post it going "look how GOOD this is now" and 25% of the playerbase would use it next league