Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dementropy posted:

According to the developer, this will improve the ability of the game’s designers to deliver updates with less bugs and issues and with bigger features.

Maths is hard.

e: I dont think I can possibly surpass the previous page taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Not to mention there's no reason to tell your customers what your development methodology is unless you have a vested interest in pretending to have "open development," or you're excusing your failures. If this "new approach" (known in actual development circles as the "wrong and stupid approach") was so great, they should have used it years ago.

So now I'm forced to conclude that CIG felt the need to provide the excuse. Which means they're feeling pressure, and no longer taking backer patience for granted like they have for so many years now. I'm looking forward to the engine change and how they'll spin it as a positive while fully overlooking the fact that people criticized their engine choice from the beginning yet they defended it viciously and without doubt.

CIG knows backers have the memory of a goldfish. Whatever "change" introduced that gives the impression they are trying to improve and get things done will be swallowed and asumed as truth. Backers only see this discreet change today that sounds awesome, and forget the multiple previous changes in the same vein in the last 8 years that failed miserably at achievieng anything substantial.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

vyst posted:

Hi I'm an agile product owner and I'm responsible for 7 different work backlogs and this is the stupidest loving thing I've ever seen.

I've done pretty much every flavor of development- waterfall, Scrum, kanban, SAFe. If I tried to bring this concept to my business stakeholders I'd have to go look for a job at CIG because I'd be unemployed.

Do you know that Kazan?
He is a hot shot developer for Microsoft.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A statement so full of irony that it set off seismometers in Indonesia.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Come on peeps, we only have a scant few days to crank the post count up by 150, to reach the magic 6665 from the Old Thread... before Beet moves this one to Concern.

I'm going to go mining for quality shitposting/rehashing/padding material...

On to 6665 - I'm doing my part!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5028qt/star_citizen_and_how_its_made_my_dreams_come_true/

This citizen was moved to tears by a demo of cities. He couldn't believe it... and it's coming out "this year".

Turns out he was right not to believe it.

Posted exactly 3 years ago now.

Original post deleted. User account deleted.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

was searching for the first thread and this popped up in search results.
I guess this thread is a game because there is warez links of it out there :allears:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21662-industrial-grade-cat-remover

"This script hides SA posts that contain too much irrelevant cat pictures or discussions about how cool the user's dog is."

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Dark Off posted:

was searching for the first thread and this popped up in search results.
I guess this thread is a game because there is warez links of it out there :allears:

Big Moma's House...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466

...which is forever in my bookmarks with the name, Star Citizen: We'll discuss the game when there is one.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Mr Fronts posted:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21662-industrial-grade-cat-remover

"This script hides SA posts that contain too much irrelevant cat pictures or discussions about how cool the user's dog is."

Please update the script for the following functionality

code:

var blacklistuser_array = ['Mr Fronts'];
blacklist_arrayuser.push('grinchfucker');
        //each blacklist item
        for (var i = blacklistuser_array.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
            var iterate = blacklistuser_array[i];
            var regex = new RegExp("(" + iterate + "[\\W])|(" + iterate + "[s ]+)", "gi");
            //hide any post that matches the blacklisted item regex
            $(".postbody").each( function() {
                //console.log(this.innerHTML);
                var ignore_bool = regex.test(this.innerHTML);
                if (ignore_bool === true) {
                    $(this).closest('table').hide();
                }
            });
        }

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Mr Fronts posted:

Big Moma's House...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466

...which is forever in my bookmarks with the name, Star Citizen: We'll discuss the game when there is one.

thats not the thread 1.
this is the thread 4 i think
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

thread 3
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605127

thread 2
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

dunno when this happened
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735644&pagenumber=1

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 1, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The professional architect guy has done his review of the space yacht

I really like these videos and think they're worth watching, because they are:

* Thorough with an incredible eye for detail
* Totally focused on the one aspect of the game that Chris Roberts excels at, i.e. making fake space poo poo that looks like the real poo poo that rich people own
* Completely, irredeemably insane

I mean you kind of have to be bugfucking nuts to care about the color of carpet in a billionaire's yacht in the first place, but this guy takes it a step further and goes into detail about the selection of wood grain on the conference table in the spaceship jpeg, the one for the game that doesn't function, where you can't use it for its intended purpose, etc. etc. I mean talk about fiddling while Rome burns, let's dole out some sick burns on Chrimp Romboid for not putting enough walk-in closet space in his master yacht suites, in the game about space pirates that has neither space nor pirates.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

found the very first SA thread.
enjoy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

I thought today, why hasn't VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner tweeted in months? Not even a pointless dev screenshot. Nothing. I wonder if the dream's finally crumbling.

Buy more ships you fucks.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

The professional architect guy has done his review of the space yacht

I really like these videos and think they're worth watching, because they are:

* Thorough with an incredible eye for detail
* Totally focused on the one aspect of the game that Chris Roberts excels at, i.e. making fake space poo poo that looks like the real poo poo that rich people own
* Completely, irredeemably insane

I mean you kind of have to be bugfucking nuts to care about the color of carpet in a billionaire's yacht in the first place, but this guy takes it a step further and goes into detail about the selection of wood grain on the conference table in the spaceship jpeg, the one for the game that doesn't function, where you can't use it for its intended purpose, etc. etc. I mean talk about fiddling while Rome burns, let's dole out some sick burns on Chrimp Romboid for not putting enough walk-in closet space in his master yacht suites, in the game about space pirates that has neither space nor pirates.

It's striking how useless it all is. I mean, say that I went insane and got one of these. Yeah, for the first hour I would be all giddy and walk around "ooh" and "aah" at all the interiors. Then I would realize that it serves absolute zero gamplay purpose, that I am never ever going to use any of these rooms. I am not going to roleplay inviting hot space babes and impressing them with my wood panels in the bedroom. I am not going to work out business deals in the hot tub. It's not going to happen. It's a waste of money, a waste of work, and loving emblematic of Star Citizen.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Un-l337-Pork posted:

Sounds great, but the stuff in the OP sounds completely unrealistic for any game, especially a crowd-funded one. Almost everything in that list of bullet points screams "pipe dream", or at least "meaningless marketing hype".

Compare this with, say, Wasteland 2 or Project: Eternity. Completely different games, to be sure, but they laid out clear, level-headed goals.

To be honest, this reminds me of the bullshit Chris Roberts spewed about Freelancer. That was a fun game, but a lot of that ended up being due to the community supporting it and in spite of the product that he actually released.

On the first page of the first thread, Oct 11, 2012, a goon already knew what was up.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the end of that thread reads like modern day reddit lol

"why are we arguing over things that won't matter when the game is out in 2 years"
-an SA poster circa 2013

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I thought today, why hasn't VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner tweeted in months? Not even a pointless dev screenshot. Nothing. I wonder if the dream's finally crumbling.

Buy more ships you fucks.

I'm wondering the same. I've always considered Sandi the canary in the coal mine for this whole mess. She's not the brightest bulb, but she is possessed of a certain low cunning, and moves to new hunting grounds when pickings get slim. She's been around Chris before, and I suspect she knows the signs of his grifts nearing their expiration dates, and it's a good move to become scarce well in advance.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I will be streaming to twitch today. If we can rustle up a few people let's make it an ARGcast.

http://twitch.tv/Virtual_Captain

If you have never been a guest and want to be. Please message me on discord (Virtual Captain#3355)

Planned time is 21:30 UTC (5:30 est / 2:30 pst)

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

This is wonderful. They are all wonderful.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

his nibs posted:

probate the whole thread imo

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Mr Fronts posted:

This is wonderful. They are all wonderful.

Still poo poo I can't upvote posts.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Baxta posted:

Please update the script for the following functionality

code:

var blacklistuser_array = ['Mr Fronts'];
blacklist_arrayuser.push('grinchfucker');
        //each blacklist item
        for (var i = blacklistuser_array.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
            var iterate = blacklistuser_array[i];
            var regex = new RegExp("(" + iterate + "[\\W])|(" + iterate + "[s ]+)", "gi");
            //hide any post that matches the blacklisted item regex
            $(".postbody").each( function() {
                //console.log(this.innerHTML);
                var ignore_bool = regex.test(this.innerHTML);
                if (ignore_bool === true) {
                    $(this).closest('table').hide();
                }
            });
        }

at last someone who knows that testing against 0 is faster in most processors than testing against anything else

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

"Look, man...if this project should fail, it's honestly not an issue for me. It would suck because I want this project to succeed but it's not that big of a deal that I spend my days making GBS threads on it and harassing the people that enjoy it. When I don't like something, I move on with my life and do something else. Unlike some people..."

-Vertisce, modertator of r/starcitizendrama (the new r/ds), r/starcitizendebate, and r/lineofdefense

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

his nibs posted:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don't think any of the posters in that early thread are still posting about SC here are they?

Where is the OP? Are they still fanboying or have they moved on?

Some quality posts on that first page from the claim that SC is the only chance at a great space sim for PC (hello ED, NMS, etc) to claiming it was MS's fault that Freelancer wasn't what was promised, when it was only thanks to MS that something actually got released.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

tuo posted:

at last someone who knows that testing against 0 is faster in most processors than testing against anything else

Ah the praise shouldn't go to me, I just threw a few lines into his code. My stuff probably wouldn't even work since I rarely do anything with the DOM

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

his nibs posted:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

Don't think any of the posters in that early thread are still posting about SC here are they?

Where is the OP? Are they still fanboying or have they moved on?

Some quality posts on that first page from the claim that SC is the only chance at a great space sim for PC (hello ED, NMS, etc) to claiming it was MS's fault that Freelancer wasn't what was promised, when it was only thanks to MS that something actually got released.

a lot of ppl just moved on.
same with lot of great posters like eonwe, gorf, somethingjones,Beer4TheBeerGod etc...
and less greater posters like MoMa, octopede etc...

This saga is old now.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I posted in the OG thread, still posting and following. Just glad I got out years ago.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SoMoteItBe posted:

Will the more vociferous brain dead SC cultists see the refactoring of this thread as a victory for them over evil goon cuntiflas’s?

lol considering tojal went on a big tear a while ago about how we constantly move threads around and our forum isn't indexed so it can hide our crime-doing, probably not. They'll probably assume we're doing Extra Crime.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dark Off posted:

a lot of ppl just moved on.
same with lot of great posters like eonwe, gorf, somethingjones,Beer4TheBeerGod etc...
and less greater posters like MoMa, octopede etc...

This saga is old now.

Heh, SC taking so long to develop that even original fanboys got bored.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Ok, this was good-

:classiclol:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Ok, this was good-

:classiclol:

Its a quality shitpost. I wonder if someone is going to post it on the SC sub.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cyajuq/squadron_42_roadmap_update_20190830/

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Woof, what a bloodbath. I mean, we knew it was coming and that's why they braced the backers this week, but still... Ouch.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Woof, what a bloodbath. I mean, we knew it was coming and that's why they braced the backers this week, but still... Ouch.

I like how everything is basically stricken in Q3, but Q4 has a laundry list of things to accomplish...while they basically have citcon and take December off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.