Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Should I marry for money?

You should do it, then poison him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

quote:

The brownie is currently cooling overnight for dinner tomorrow, so there’s about 18 hours to influence my decisions.
I choose to read this as written, that mom made a single brownie that they are going to split tomorrow and it will be their entire dinner.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LadyPictureShow posted:

Should I marry for money?

Go for it, you seem perfect for each other.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Found out he has a huge gun collection first time I (28F) went to his (29M) place and I want to know if I should run.

gun nut gay so what?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

"what if the egg was fertilised"

once your mum cracked it, it would have been fairly obvious.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SerialKilldeer posted:

AITA for not eating a random egg that my father found?

/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So were a normal family, just like any other in America. We love hamburgers, apple pie and loose eggs. Sure my family wasnt originally from here, but thats the magic of the American experiment. Its a place where my family of five foot tall stoats could move to and belong.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not wanting my bridesman to wear a dress to my wedding?

quote:

I asked one of my best friends to be a bridesman in my upcoming wedding. The discussion regarding his outfit came up almost immediately. He seemed stoked about dressing up and asked about ideas for the dresses. I was a little taken aback by this because I never really considered having him in a dress at my wedding. Keep in mind he is gay, but he’s never dressed in a feminine way. He has been very adamant about matching the other bridesmaids. I cant stop thinking about how that would look and what shoes he would wear and all that. I almost feel bad about worrying about how my family or my husbands family will be judging him at our wedding. I know I shouldn’t care what people think about it. AITA for wanting him to wear a suit? Or should I just let him wear the dress and say screw it? Its almost 2020 for fucks sake.

Edit: I want a male fried of mine to be one of my bridesmaids, I think that term is bridesman.

We always talks about breaking gender norms and social constructs. I feel like a hypocrite saying he can’t wear a dress. Ultimately I know its my choice.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Taima posted:

That's bait guys cmon please, I know we like to take everything at face value but surely there are limits

I can see why you say that but there are tons of men this dumb, who think that it's their right as men to dictate what happens to all other members of their household, and that the very idea of child support is a personal affront (don't even start on alimony).

Tons of guys are also like, "I don't care about seeing my kids, so why should I pay child support?", and not just redpiller types. My favorite answer to that was from a daytime judge whose show I caught one day (shut up and don't judge me): "Child support is not a cover charge to see your kid."

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine reading this thread regularly and thinking that a dude in his 20's being a complete moron is fake.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lucrece posted:

I was a bridesman? at a wedding once but being unfortunately strait I never considered this way to blow poo poo up so I wore a suit. This was long ago, and based on the teachings of cumshitter I'm now not sure if I did the wrong thing. Please give me guidance. This was a wedding at Camp Leguene and her father was a pastor if that matters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lucrece posted:

Honestly it kinda feels like he just wants to make a mockery of it :shrug:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure about this exactly but it’s possible. The OP says the bridesman in question doesn’t usually dress in a (traditionally) feminine way. I think if it’s like “he doesn’t usually wear dresses as formalwear, but he wants to start exploring that space” then it’s one thing, but if it’s like “he doesn’t usually wear dresses as formalwear and doesn’t plan to do so outside of this occasion” then I’m puzzled by his logic.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I choose to read this as written, that mom made a single brownie that they are going to split tomorrow and it will be their entire dinner.

i'm just baffled by the whole thing

- dad is a janitor and finds a single random egg in the grass, so he brings it home, as you do
- mom goes "oh wow an egg!" and immediately decides to cook it, the single egg
- cooks it into a "brownie slice," whatever that is, so she just used it as an ingredient instead of idk scrambling it or something
- it's a big enough deal that they have to save it until dinnertime tomorrow

to me it sounds like they're a family of poor woodsfolk in a fairy tale and the egg is gonna turn out to be from a magic bird that a wizard keeps as a pet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a basalisk egg and by not eating it she will avoid being turned to stone but the only way to break the spell on the rest of her fanily will require her to go on a perilous quest with several musical numbers.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My boyfriend doesn’t wipe his butt properly.

quote:

Okay so the title pretty much says it all but I’ll elaborate. My boyfriend (21M) And I (22F) have been together for about four years now and I’ve started to noticed while being in the bathroom together or showering together that he doesn’t wipe his rear end properly. At one point I have actually seen his rear end in a top hat after a shower and it was covered in poo. I have brought it up before but I didn’t want to embarrass him so I wasn’t explicit with what I was thinking. But at this point, whenever I go down on him or want to have sex, it’s on my mind. I feel like it is super unhygienic and very unattractive and I don’t know how to bring it up? Like, how do I ask my boyfriend to PLEASE wipe his rear end properly? Or prioritise his rear end hygiene?

quote:

He used to use wet wipes and now he doesn’t, but he seems aware that he’s not wiping properly?

Why would a guy wipe his rear end when he's in a relationship, I only wipe to try to win someone over

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah, dude just wants attention. For someone who "likes to discuss social constructs" he seems pretty thoughtless toward female-presenting/transwomen

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [F24] Best Friend [F24] Doesn't Know My Name.

I flew out to visit my best friend before she moved.

She had borrowed her neighbors car to come pick me up so when we finally got back to her house, we went over to drop the keys off.

The neighbor let us in and my friend then proceeded to engage in small chat, at the same time the neighbor's husband engaged me in small chat as well. This is when I overheard the person my friend was talking to what my name was to which my friend responded "Oh, this is my friend... what's your name again? Is it Karina or Katrina?" I kinda laughed it off as "you're my best friend and you dont know my name kinda thing??" And then we went along with our day.

Now. Nobody aside from my husband and family actually calls me by my real name. Most people know me as Frankie. And she calls me Soso so I can kinda see where the confusion might have come from...

But it honestly has been really bothering me since then... am I overreacting???

TL;DR My best friend was introducing me to someone and had to ask me what my name was and it's been bothering me. Should I just let it go???

Edit: We've been best friends for about 5 years now

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

I’m not sure about this exactly but it’s possible. The OP says the bridesman in question doesn’t usually dress in a (traditionally) feminine way. I think if it’s like “he doesn’t usually wear dresses as formalwear, but he wants to start exploring that space” then it’s one thing, but if it’s like “he doesn’t usually wear dresses as formalwear and doesn’t plan to do so outside of this occasion” then I’m puzzled by his logic.

friend's wedding is a bad time to explore that space. wear a suit, but in the matching color of the bridesmaid dresses, whatever it is

it should be acceptable in tyool 2020 for a man to wear a dress in a wedding, but also in tyool 2020 if a man wears a dress as part of a wedding party and he is not one of the people getting married then he will be a big distraction, which is what you don't want to be if you're in the wedding party

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [F24] Best Friend [F24] Doesn't Know My Name.

Help my plan to never use my real name and use multiple other names to avoid ever using it has resulted in people not knowing my real name!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, dude just wants attention. For someone who "likes to discuss social constructs" he seems pretty thoughtless toward female-presenting/transwomen

I agree with this.

luxury handset posted:

friend's wedding is a bad time to explore that space. wear a suit, but in the matching color of the bridesmaid dresses, whatever it is

it should be acceptable in tyool 2020 for a man to wear a dress in a wedding, but also in tyool 2020 if a man wears a dress as part of a wedding party and he is not one of the people getting married then he will be a big distraction, which is what you don't want to be if you're in the wedding party

It would be perfectly fine if it was something he normally did but using a wedding to explore things is kinda tactless.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

what if he wore a dress and also used the wedding as an occasion to announce he was gay?

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
Has he considered also getting married at the wedding?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

utamaru posted:

Has he considered also getting married at the wedding?

How delightfully absurd!

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
To be fair, if I was invited to a wedding I would probably get very drunk, wear a dress and propose to multiple people, then announce that I am gay.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking back my opened bottle of wine, a housewarming gift, when I found the host and her friends were using it for "wine enemas"?

I went to a good friends housewarming party. I brought with me a somewhat "fancy" bottle of cabernet that cost around $80. Not the fanciest maybe but I don't usually ball out that much on wine.

The party was going well and I noticed my wine had been opened and half had been drunk. Somebody told me they were enjoying it and started laughing uproariously. She told me to ask the host why.

Confused, I did so, I found her and she was very drunk. She told me my wine was a hit but I was mortified to find out that her and a few others were using my wine (along with others) for making "wine enemas".

I thought it was a joke but she was completely serious and took me to to the 2nd bathroom where a few people were gathered, wasted, with enema kits or whatever (I don't know the right word...) and a bunch of towels on the floor. Somebody was in the shower, pants off, laughing and the other people were encouraging her to "hold it in!"

I was absolutely aghast. I asked her to clarify if she had used my wine for an enema and she had.

I stormed back out to the kitchen, grabbed my bottle, and left the party. I was furious for my wine to be used in this way.

I got an angry text the next day that it was "impolite" to take back a housewarming gift especially when the wine was already opened. I have since heard from other friends that I over-reacted, that it's not my business how people enjoy wine I gifted them, and even some people saying that wine enemas are becoming common and that I shouldn't be so judgmental. I don't know what to think. I find a wine enema disgusting but at least use cheap wine if you have to?

I don't know.

Was I wrong to take my wine back when it was being used for enemas?

TL;DR - I gifted wine and they used it for wine enemas and I was annoyed by that and took my wine back.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

just let the weirdos have their fun, sheesh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

utamaru posted:

To be fair, if I was invited to a wedding I would probably get very drunk, wear a dress and propose to multiple people, then announce that I am gay.

I'm reminded how there's an Eastern European wedding tradition to have a crossdressing probably drunk uncle suddenly burst in and make a scene the moment right after the vows, to throw off anyone trying to put the evil eye on the couple.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

goethe.cx posted:

what if he wore a dress and also used the wedding as an occasion to announce he was gay?

:murder:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded how there's an Eastern European wedding tradition to have a crossdressing probably drunk uncle suddenly burst in and make a scene the moment right after the vows, to throw off anyone trying to put the evil eye on the couple.

Tradition or post-facto explanation?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
AITA for not lifting a finger while my girlfriend clean the house?

quote:

Before I start I want to mention that I would’ve totally helped out if she asked but she didn’t ask me. And forgive me English is not really my first language.

Anyway my girlfriend was cleaning the house today. She started early in the morning and I wasn’t awake when she started. Today is my day off so I would really like to relax, I slept in today until 11am. I expected to wake up peacefully but not really I heard the vacuum very loudly but I just decided to ignore it. I put some headphones on and that was it. My girlfriend is coming in and out of the room to clean and I notice she is looking annoyed. Well she walks in one last time and is all angy with me, and she starts complaining that she’s busting her has cleaning the whole house and that I don’t have the decency to lift a finger to help her. Well I got really mad at that and I told her this is my day off and I simply want to enjoy it but instead I wake up to the vacuum running and now my girlfriend nagging me. I told her she could’ve ASKED me if she want help but it’s not my response lability. She got even more pissed and then left the house and now my mood is absolutely ruined. I just wanted a nice day off. AITA for not lifting a finger to help her on my day off even though she didn’t ask me???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

80 dollar wine isnt good enough to clean my butthole, be glad they humored you and at least used it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Xik posted:

I’ve had to deal with this and yeah, :murder:

It’s loving humiliating to ask someone to help take care of where they live over...and over...and over again. You feel less of like a partner and more of a mother, it eats away and turns you real bitter real quickly. You can’t pull the “just leave it to rot” because they don’t care - mommy will take care of it. You feel like you can’t slack or have a day off because someone has to take care of it and be on things. Someone has to be the nagging mom for something to happen.

The second shift is real, and it is brutal to go it alone. Sorry for the touches of e/n.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 2, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xik posted:

This is why it's really important to set expectations in a relationship regarding cleaning and other duties. Then no one is surprised.

Don't rely on your partner to clean every time you clean, unless that's what was agreed on. Then, if someone doesn't stick to the schedule that you both agreed to, that can be addressed directly.

Taima fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 2, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now its not for everyone but if you can deal with endless singing and buying carrots in bulk youll never find better live-in cleaners than people from loompaland.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

I can see why you say that but there are tons of men this dumb, who think that it's their right as men to dictate what happens to all other members of their household, and that the very idea of child support is a personal affront (don't even start on alimony).

Tons of guys are also like, "I don't care about seeing my kids, so why should I pay child support?", and not just redpiller types. My favorite answer to that was from a daytime judge whose show I caught one day (shut up and don't judge me): "Child support is not a cover charge to see your kid."

Buddy, this thread is the internet equivalent of the Jerry Springer show. We’re in no position to judge.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

Buddy, this thread is the internet equivalent of the Jerry Springer show. We’re in no position to judge.

We’re all flashing for the Jerry beads, here.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It just seems pretty dumb to take back the bottle of wine that's had enema kits shoved down the neck and been grabbed by people playing with their rear end in a top hat.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

cumshitter posted:

It just seems pretty dumb to take back the bottle of wine that's had enema kits shoved down the neck and been grabbed by people playing with their rear end in a top hat.

The correct response would be to spike the bottle with Everclear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [29] boyfriend [28] won’t stop paying for dinner for large groups of people/wastes food regularly.

Throwaway, but I need to purge and I also need perspective. My boyfriend is a wonderful guy. He’s sweet, smart, eloquent, handsome, attentive, and, above all, generous...a bit too generous. I come from a very different background than he does—his family is very wealthy, like mom has never worked a day in her life wealthy, dad makes half a million a year wealthy, while my parents are academics who worked hard, saved, and taught me and my siblings to value every dollar we earn.

I want to acknowledge that I’ve lived a privileged life, but I was cut off at 21, made classic overdrafting mistakes, and came out on top after learning how to spend (and save) within my means. I have no debt, and rely on my family for nothing. My boyfriend, however, still has an “emergency” family credit card at 28 and does not bat an eye at the price of anything. He does not spend wisely on his own dime. He pays for large groups of friends to eat dinner nearly every weekend, over orders food every time we eat out, and throws much of it away.

It’s conditioning. My parents put a lot of emphasis on the importance of knowing how to cook, being resourceful, and finishing everything on my plate, and the leftovers after. He doesn’t cook, loves to eat out, and sometimes I sense a sickening attitude of elitism in his actions of throwing food away. The only thing we fight about is food. For the two of us, he will order enough for easily four. This is conditioning from his father, whom I’ve seen do this time and time again. But he does not make the money his father does. I’m really independent, so I frequently offer to pay for things, too, when it’s just us, but when we go out to dinner with people he always makes this grandiose gesture of paying for the whole meal.

In rare cases it’s on the fam card. Mostly, it’s not. The bottom line is, if I were to marry this person, and we were to share an account, he would have access to more money, and he would, without a doubt, spend it frivolously.

Here’s the main catch: his family has zero savings and a lot of debt, while my family has zero debt and a lot of savings. This includes stocks/bonds for me, that I have touched only for the continuance of my education. While he is a wonderful person who I feel strongly about spending the rest of my life with, I fear his financial ego and the judgement that would no doubt be put on me by his family if I asked for a prenup.

To the point: tonight at dinner, I called him out in front of a group of close friends for trying to pick up the check (total of 5* people, so about $130 minus tip). I’ve never done this before. He tried to valiantly grab it when everyone had their cards out, including me, and everyone fought him a little but faltered because the other downside of this is people frequently use him and he doesn’t see it, and I snapped at him to stop policing the check and let people pay their share.

I’m embarrassed, and he’s embarrassed, and the rest of the night was awkward. He was calm but wouldn’t look me in the eye. When we had a moment alone, I said I didn’t mean to make a scene, but this has been going on far too long, and that it bothers me that after all of our private conversations he continues to manhandle dinner checks for what? Attention? Adoration? I vowed to never bring it up in public again, but hours later he’s still cold. I didn’t say this part, but the truth is he doesn’t make the money his father does, or that I do, and his spending on food is out of control and totally unnecessary. On top of that, he is is spiteful of apps like Venmo because he feels that asking for money is beneath him, like suggesting people pay for their meal is crude and lacks class, while in reality this is the norm.

Now he hasn’t come to bed and I’m sick over it, but I stand by my position. I know this is a rarity. I’ve seen a lot of posts about the guy not paying for poo poo, and while I’m grateful for his willingness to pick up a check, this is gratuitous and unhealthy for both his bank account and my faith in his ability to ever spend responsibly.

TLDR: My boyfriend’s spending is out of hand, and it’s a nearly weekly occurrence that he picks up substantial dinner checks for large groups of people, which he ultimately cannot afford. I called him out in public and I feel so guilty over it, but not sure how to rectify my behavior in a way he will understand as he comes from a significantly wealthier background. What to do to get through to him, and also make things right?