Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Miftan posted:

So 2 of my friends run a Crumpet Bar in Tel Aviv. Its essentially a bar selling booze, Pimm's (which is impossible to get in Israel) and crumpets with fancy toppings. Like, beef and mash and poo poo. The menu is all named for famous bits and their veggie option is called the Jeremy Corbyn.

Bold naming a meal after history's greatest antisemitic monster. And in Israel at that. Appalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

AceOfFlames posted:

I realize I am alone on this but I don't think I could handle four day work weeks. There would be a lot more pressure to be productive in the shorter time and I am already bored enough on weekends.

working in a lovely service job it sounds good to me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Bold naming a meal after history's greatest antisemitic monster. And in Israel at that. Appalling

lol beat me to it

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

RockyB posted:

On my current contract I spend three hours commuting to and from London every day. Managing to arrange a four day week and clawing back some of that time was an absolute godsend, and I recommend it to anyone.

Hello, have you heard about our new podcast

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Former head of the EU legal service being quoted here:

https://twitter.com/JenniferMerode/status/1168453851353157633

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

forkboy84 posted:

They were both raised on a kibbutz and one of them is still an actual communist. They're good lads. Plus the description is basically "Labour's flagship Crumpet. A veggie Crumpet for leftists"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Miftan posted:

crumpets with fancy toppings. Like, beef and mash and poo poo

what in the actual gently caress :psyduck:

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://www.reddit.com/r/manchester/comments/cyefu5/activists_release_code_to_generate_free_public/

quote:

We, the Public Transport Pirate Association of the United Kingdom are releasing our research on reverse engineering public transportation tickets in most major UK cities (excl. London.)

The reason we’ve decided not to go down the responsible disclosure path is being strong believers in public transportation being a common good that should be free for everyone, and this research is our contribution to get us closer to that end.

The initial release focuses on the Greater Manchester area, but can be easily adapted to other transportation networks that use the corethree middleware for their electronic tickets.

The security of the corethree apps is laughable at best, we could tell you guys really tried, but in the end focused too much on low-tech threats (i.e. taking a screenshot of a ticket and sending it to a friend) to be much of a challenge to even a novice hacker/reverse engineer. We’d especially like to thank you for including the private RSA keys to sign the QR codes in the First Bus m-ticket app.

lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

They were both raised on a kibbutz and one of them is still an actual communist. They're good lads. Plus the description is basically "Labour's flagship Crumpet. A veggie Crumpet for leftists"

It's kinda crazy to me that Israel has this insanely evil shithead in charge while a couple of miles away these commie kibbutzim are rocking it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah what you don't put anything on a crumpet except butter.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't eat crumpets.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I call upon you Rhodri the Great, King of Gwynedd, uniter of Cymru. I call upon you Maredudd ab Owain, of the House of Dinefwr. I call upon you Pybba of Mercia, son of Creoda and father of Penda and Eowa. I call upon you Coenwulf, last of the bretwaldas.

Actually, they're called pikelets.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My grandma always calls them pikelets and I use that sometimes when I feel like I need to alienate somebody.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Junior G-man posted:

One day this thread will take my idea of a reconstituted Danelaw seriously.

Looking forward to the EUlaw solution to NI, isn't that basically what the backstop is?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also think of them as pikelets but it sounds like a racial slur so I feel weird using it.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Miftan posted:

I can only find the menu in Hebrew online, I'd love to know which other personages are featured and their corresponding toppings.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

It's kinda crazy to me that Israel has this insanely evil shithead in charge while a couple of miles away these commie kibbutzim are rocking it.

But enough about the U.K..

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The cameron crumpet is extremely not kosher.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

Don't eat crumpets.

Wtf, crumpets are ace.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh you weren't kidding about the puppy thing

bojo's new meat shield rescue shelter puppy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I also think of them as pikelets but it sounds like a racial slur so I feel weird using it.
I wonder what the pikelet/crumpet map of the UK looks like.

OwlFancier posted:

The cameron crumpet is extremely not kosher.
Yes, it's a cheeseburger cooked while the chef is loving a dead pig.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Tesseraction posted:

oh you weren't kidding about the puppy thing

bojo's new meat shield rescue shelter puppy

VOTE FOR BREXIT OR THE PUPPY GETS IT ON LIVE TV!
What "IT" is is left up to your imagination.
Black Mirror....

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/carriesymonds/status/1168511578775400450

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

My partner went to uni with this ghoul and every time we're hanging with her friends I make sure to bring it up, never fails to elicit a shudder.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder what the pikelet/crumpet map of the UK looks like.

Pikelets aren't crumpets, they're more like drop scones.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drop scones 1. aren't real, they're an urban legend made up to scare american tourists and b: are pronounced skon.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

According to Wiktionary the verb 'dilyn' means to pursue, to come after or to imitate

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Drop scones 1. aren't real, they're an urban legend made up to scare american tourists and b: are pronounced skon.

I appreciate a list made up of points 1 and b

B is correct though.

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/JimCognito2016/status/1168494548470894593

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Vlex posted:

I can only find the menu in Hebrew online, I'd love to know which other personages are featured and their corresponding toppings.

They offer The Miftan, which is a crumpet with a chocolate spread made by melting down a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Huh, thought they already had a sad little pet in the shape of Harry Cole.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

forkboy84 posted:

They offer The Miftan, which is a crumpet with a chocolate spread made by melting down a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Disgusting. I'll translate the full menu for you lot shortly.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Does this mean Larry the Cat is screwed?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Communist Bear posted:

Think the Bullingdon mob prefer dead pigs to dead cats as far as these things go.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Communist Bear posted:

In order to survive, he must be pre-emptive. He must screw the pooch to assert dominance.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah what you don't put anything on a crumpet except butter.

marmite

Communist Bear posted:

Boris has been there for some time.

EDIT - you know what I'm going to stop referring to him as 'Boris'. It plays right into his persona, and it shouldn't be as ubiquitous as it is

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Didn't word that very well, I meant three hours in total. Still means you're out the house for 12 hours a day, which screws with any kind of gym schedule or desire to cook etc.

The main problem with a London commute tends to be the interchanges. Walk to train station, train, tube, change tube, walk again. Mostly I just try to squeeze duolingo or a bit of light reading into the gaps where I'm not moving or breathing in someone's armpit.

Anyway, looking forward to the third general election in 5 years being called tomorrow.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gotta love that we apparently live in one of those failed states where the leader just ignores laws at their convenience

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1168506187303784460

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

gotta love that we apparently live in one of those failed states where the leader just ignores laws at their convenience

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1168506187303784460

Surely this is a terrible idea for the tories. Unless they're banking on the Brexit Party tide receding so they can hoover up their votes

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Barry Foster posted:

n the Brexit Party tide receding so they can hoover up their votes

That's probably what would happen ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Barry Foster posted:

Surely this is a terrible idea for the tories. Unless they're banking on the Brexit Party tide receding so they can hoover up their votes

I'd imagine that's exactly the point. Farage et al have agreed to back the tories by not campaigning in tory seats if and only if they brexit. This guarantees they brext and then can sell it as delivering on promises to the gammons.