Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

chestnut santabag posted:

The cynic in me wonders if them getting the dog was purely a publicity stunt...

It absolutely was, lol. This is one of those Epstein things where the official story is the out-there conspiracy theory.

e:

I can't help but feel that my cat (who is much better now, thanks) is deliberately attacking me when he does this - "Hurr durr I'm a stupid human this is how I lie down and watch the telly"

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao hes being drowned out by booing

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
what are they shouting in the background?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao hes being drowned out by booing

This is extremely good and funny

I like to think it’s “gently caress off Boris”

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Whew, the shouting in the background of Boris's speech.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

chestnut santabag posted:

The cynic in me wonders if them getting the dog was purely a publicity stunt...

You're not very good at being a cynic.

e: beaten badly

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Chuka Umana posted:

what are they shouting in the background?

Stop the coup

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

He looks seriously rattled by the chanting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Got to admire the length they've kept this chant going

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

EU: "we're not going to renegotiate the deal we already negotiated"
BoJo: "chances of a new deal are rising!" *gets drowned out by an angry mob shouting, shuffles off*

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
"i don't want an election, you don't want an election"

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

He actually surpassed TMay on pointless announcements

Hahahaha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He hasn;t got the numbers. He was meant to be bullish, but this speech is a dead man walking. Hes lost the tories.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
what time is the vote tomorrow?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Lmaoooo

Bring on the VONC!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

He hasn;t got the numbers. He was meant to be bullish, but this speech is a dead man walking. Hes lost the tories.

The way he slid from blustery HULLO BORIS HERE at the start of the speech to mumbling at the end was... informative

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Is it a bit weird to anyone else that our elected officials are now regularly going on live TV to say they don't want elections anymore

I mean what if one of them was to do something like I dunno suspend Parliament so they could force something on the country I would quite like to have a say on something like that

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

An extension pretty much should come with a general election anyway. The EU won't have a lot of interest in another kick of the can without potential sea change in Number 10.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The way he slid from blustery HULLO BORIS HERE at the start of the speech to mumbling at the end was... informative

That chanting must have been so much louder in person given it was being picked up on his mic.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sounds like nice job to Owen Jones and the boys.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Well that was a pointless speech

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

That chanting must have been so much louder in person given it was being picked up on his mic.

The entire street is walled off and fortified so it must have been quite something to reach that far.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

EvilHawk posted:

Is it a bit weird to anyone else that our elected officials are now regularly going on live TV to say they don't want elections anymore

I mean what if one of them was to do something like I dunno suspend Parliament so they could force something on the country I would quite like to have a say on something like that

During a week when he’s been accused of riding roughshod over democracy, it’s really not a good look.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vlex posted:

Such a result would imply the SNP taking all but seven seats in Scotland. I wonder which.

I guess the real question is, though, would the LDs genuinely go into coalition with a No-deal Tory government?

edit: wait hang on where's BXP?

Never mind that, wheres the DUP?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Never mind that, wheres the DUP?

Poll of Great Britain

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Hope owns, keep on bein you bugman, you’re the best

Happening status: sofuckingcloseicantasteit

I disagree, but thank you.

I think he's hosed it. The fact is that you have to appear to be confident if nothing else, and now Boris has shown he's nothing but air in a suit.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Josef bugman posted:

I disagree, but thank you.

I think he's hosed it. The fact is that you have to appear to be confident if nothing else, and now Boris has shown he's nothing but air in a suit.

I knew you would, but I’d do the same pal.

He really has hosed it, and it’s going to be enjoyable watching the media scrabble around trying to have him appear as strong. Honestly, unless he visibly shat himself I don’t see how he could have looked dumber doing that.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Poll of Great Britain

Right but as current events show you kind of need NI in there to be able to predict a hung parliament.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I knew you would, but I’d do the same pal.

He really has hosed it, and it’s going to be enjoyable watching the media scrabble around trying to have him appear as strong. Honestly, unless he visibly shat himself I don’t see how he could have looked dumber doing that.

I think he wants folks to love him. I am not even joking in a twisted way I am sure that Boris is trying desperately to get everyone to love him. But he's finally happened into what he thought he wanted, and it isn't filling the hole inside of him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1168571425533419520?s=19

Incredible.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

This so much. He clearly wanted to be able to give a different speech anyway, and the chanting must’ve rattled him. Wonder how loud it was in person.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yes, this was masterful. He wants to be seen as the cheerful can-do king. Watching his oratory disintegrate, and showing how unpopular he is completely destroys the reason why he was there. If clips get shown later there is going to be a roar of "Stop the coup" overtop.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Hahaha, thank you Dan for proving me right in every way.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Gotta be honest, would eat both Churchill and Lord Balfour

tbf it's pretty hard to gently caress up slow-cooked beef'n'mash, but honestly I'd be wondering what the crumpet was even doing there, it'd be like having it on toast

also naming the one covered in Nutella after Meghan is pretty loving :stare:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who's that guy who describes UK politics using the same kind of phrases news media saves for third world dictatorships?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Wow Labour landslide it is then

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Right but as current events show you kind of need NI in there to be able to predict a hung parliament.

Nah. A party needs somewhere between 320 and 326 seats to command a majority. Neither the Tories or Labour are competing in NI, so if they don’t hit 320+ in GB alone, that’s a hung parliament.

e: 650/2 does not equal 625

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 2, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I liked this reply:

https://twitter.com/itzena/status/1168577459861827585?s=21

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nah. A party needs somewhere between 620 and 626 seats to command a majority. Neither the Tories or Labour are competing in NI, so if they don’t hit 620+ in GB alone, that’s a hung parliament.

That should be a 3 rather than a 6, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine being so loving delusional that you think people disrupting an official speech with chants is a good optic