Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Sorry, didn't realize I they changed the links.

also are lieutenants on bikes even a thing?

Closest I know of is the wolf guard battle leader, which has the "reroll wound rolls of 1" ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

BaronVanAwesome posted:

They gave the Chaplain in VenDread the Litanies?! And didn't take away the +S bonus?! And didn't change the points?!?!?!?

I suspect we'll see a points change, but who knows. I'm excited, my chaplain dread is a personal favorite, I've crowbarred him into many lists

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The chaplain dreadnought is such a good model. It really was a shame to lose it. Same with the resin mkIV ironclad.

I use my chaplain dreadnought in 30k all the time as a normal boxdread with a flamestorm cannon and fist crozius/heavy flamer. He doesn't always survive long enough to torch something, but it hurts like hell when he does. Particularly because I play a lot of Zone Mortalis. :v:

I technically have a plasma cannon for him too as an alternate arm, but the flamestorm cannon just seems to fit the model better.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hey I got a Kill Team rules question, that cool here?

Thinking about running some GSC Abberants because my buddy's death guard is loving destroying everything we can throw at him. Nurgle Marines being what they are and his hot rolls leaves us with just a handful of pox walkers and a single Marine dead in the past 3 games. Anyway, I'm trying to read up tactics with them (the Abberants) and I see a couple of websites talking about them having a 5+ FNP, which I can't find anything to support in the Kill Team rules themselves, even when you take Elites and the sub-factions into account. Am I missing something or are these website writups just confusing them with their tabletop version?

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 3, 2019

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Babe Magnet posted:

Hey I got a Kill Team rules question, that cool here?

Thinking about running some GSC Abberants because my buddy's death guard is loving destroying everything we can throw at him. Nurgle Marines being what they are and his hot rolls leaves us with just a handful of pox walkers and a single Marine dead in the past 3 games. Anyway, I'm trying to read up tactics with them and I see a couple of websites talking about them having a 5+ FNP, which I can't find anything to support in the Kill Team rules themselves, even when you take Elites and the sub-factions into account. Am I missing something or are these website writups just confusing them with their tabletop version?

It's right there under both Plague Marines and Poxwalkers: Disgustingly Resilient.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

No I was talking about Abberants having a 5+ FNP, I think I phrased that weird. Edited the original post.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

The chaplain dreadnought is such a good model. It really was a shame to lose it. Same with the resin mkIV ironclad.

I use my chaplain dreadnought in 30k all the time as a normal boxdread with a flamestorm cannon and fist crozius/heavy flamer. He doesn't always survive long enough to torch something, but it hurts like hell when he does. Particularly because I play a lot of Zone Mortalis. :v:

I technically have a plasma cannon for him too as an alternate arm, but the flamestorm cannon just seems to fit the model better.

It'd be a shame for GW to Squat the OG marines because box dreads are so iconic

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I didn't play from the end of 2017 all the way up until this summer, so I missed like a year and a half of 8th edition. Did they basically just stop releasing non-primaris loyalist marine models? The impression I get is that it's been nothing but primaris, which seems like it would be pretty concerning for non-primaris players.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That, and formally normal marine characters becoming primaris lol

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I didn't play from the end of 2017 all the way up until this summer, so I missed like a year and a half of 8th edition. Did they basically just stop releasing non-primaris loyalist marine models? The impression I get is that it's been nothing but primaris, which seems like it would be pretty concerning for non-primaris players.

Primaris are marines. They're all the same army. What new models are there even to release for small marines? Play 30k if you want to go on pretending primaris don't exist.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Are we gonna do this song and dance literally every time someone goes :thunk: at the release schedule

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

goose willis posted:

I'm not actually that concerned yet because there wasn't really anywhere to go with small marines. Like, look at centurions, what are you gonna do after that besides updating old sculpts? I'd only actually get worried if old marine units stopped having rules

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

goose willis posted:

Did they basically just stop releasing non-primaris loyalist marine models?

Yes.

Primaris marines are Space Marines going forward. There won't be any more small boys in 40K

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I am a sucker for horde armies. I'm working on my guard for now, having vowed not to purchase any more 40k models until my backlog is cleared (a task which is taking a long time, but I'm most of the way through it, which is, quite frankly, loving amazing to me), but my first army is Black Templars, and I always thought it would be fun and cool to run a black tide list with 3 maxed out crusader squads, which I'm halfway to having finished. If the rules no longer permit this by the time I get there, part of me will probably die.

Edit: Not that I even play this game, I just paint mans to a decent quality and admire them in my display case.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
White Dwarf is leaked. "Primaris Dark Angels" turned out to just be a paint guide and a mission+mission-specific strats. Shame they're scraping the bottom of the SM barrel when there are Xenos factions that need a rules shakeup.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4123

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to do an effort post later on on Nova, but I just want to say it was an amazing experience. Nova's the second time I met a bunch of goons, the first was in Korea, and in both cases it's been overwhelmingly positive experience. I know we're all pretty much conditioned to think the internet is full of terrible people but if you get the opportunity to meet folks from this community or other communities on this website my experience has been universally positive.

It wasn't just people who are fun to play games with, I wasn't feeling well for a good half of Nova and multiple people messaged me from this thread asking if I was okay and if they could do anything. If you have the chance to go do anything like an adepticon or Nova or something like that I unconditionally recommend it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Reynold posted:

I am a sucker for horde armies. I'm working on my guard for now, having vowed not to purchase any more 40k models until my backlog is cleared (a task which is taking a long time, but I'm most of the way through it, which is, quite frankly, loving amazing to me), but my first army is Black Templars, and I always thought it would be fun and cool to run a black tide list with 3 maxed out crusader squads, which I'm halfway to having finished. If the rules no longer permit this by the time I get there, part of me will probably die.

Edit: Not that I even play this game, I just paint mans to a decent quality and admire them in my display case.

I always thought it would be fun to have Grimnar's company so I'm doing it for fun. Don't care if it gets squatted. I've got my new primaris boys so smash nerds.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
And after a ton of testing: Easy "truescale" (that is, at the same scale as the new chaos marines, which is to say mean height of 31.5mm at the eye, accounting for variability in leg poses) Mark III Space Marines.

You will need:

-A Mark III Space Marine
-A sheet of 0.5mm plasticard
-Some sort of putty like green stuff or something.

Step 1: cut out three 2mm x 4mm rectangles of the plasticard and glue them together, then glue them into the rectangular cavity in the Space Marine's waist ball socket. This will extend the marine's height by approximately 1mm.

Step 2: Cut out two smaller rectangles (I think I used roughly 2mm x 1.5mm) of the plasticard and glue them together, then glue them into the rectangular cavity of the Space Marine's neck ball socket. This will extend the marine's height by approximately another 0.5mm and make his neck not look so weirdly short as the necks do on that armor mark.

Step 3: Use some green stuff or other gap-filling putty to fill in the gap around the waist and neck this leaves when you glue the legs and head on. You can disguise it around the back with ammo pouches, and around the front it won't be so visible because of the metal loincloth thing.

That's it.

Unfortunately bringing up Mark IV and VIII marines are going to be more involved, since they're on average 1mm shorter than the Mark IIIs and don't have the loincloth. (Loin... plate?)

EDIT: Four more pics:

This feels like it would work better in a mixed kill team than the default Mark IIIs would.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 3, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Babe Magnet posted:

No I was talking about Abberants having a 5+ FNP, I think I phrased that weird. Edited the original post.

Yeah, unfortunately aberrants don’t get fnp in kill team, so they’re just kinda okayish rather than threat. It’s likely because they were point-costed for kill team before the early 40k GSC stuff started coming out, and they didn’t have fnp unti later.

masam
May 27, 2010
Aw man, there was a chaplain dreadnought? And i missed it! Hopefully they remake the drat thing or someone does

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No one will ever make another small meren and 30k will be cancelled soon due to lack of interest

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JBP posted:

No one will ever make another small meren and 30k will be cancelled soon due to lack of interest

I mostly had mixed kill teams in mind honestly.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Stephenls posted:

And after a ton of testing: Easy "truescale" (that is, at the same scale as the new chaos marines, which is to say mean height of 31.5mm at the eye, accounting for variability in leg poses) Mark III Space Marines.

You will need:

-A Mark III Space Marine
-A sheet of 0.5mm plasticard
-Some sort of putty like green stuff or something.

Step 1: cut out three 2mm x 4mm rectangles of the plasticard and glue them together, then glue them into the rectangular cavity in the Space Marine's waist ball socket. This will extend the marine's height by approximately 1mm.

Step 2: Cut out two smaller rectangles (I think I used roughly 2mm x 1.5mm) of the plasticard and glue them together, then glue them into the rectangular cavity of the Space Marine's neck ball socket. This will extend the marine's height by approximately another 0.5mm and make his neck not look so weirdly short as the necks do on that armor mark.

Step 3: Use some green stuff or other gap-filling putty to fill in the gap around the waist and neck this leaves when you glue the legs and head on. You can disguise it around the back with ammo pouches, and around the front it won't be so visible because of the metal loincloth thing.

That's it.

Unfortunately bringing up Mark IV and VIII marines are going to be more involved, since they're on average 1mm shorter than the Mark IIIs and don't have the loincloth. (Loin... plate?)

EDIT: Four more pics:

This feels like it would work better in a mixed kill team than the default Mark IIIs would.

Can this get transposed on Goonhammer? It’s super useful and I think I’ll use it in a few months.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Slow progress, but I'm liking the direction they're going. Still got to do the black parts, and am very unsure what to do for the cables.

E: ah poo poo the image is bad, one sec

E:2

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 3, 2019

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

JBP posted:

Inshallah

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Sad about missing NOVA? Want to live vicariously through someone who was there? I wrote my recap of the event today. Well, part 1 of it anyways:
https://www.goonhammer.com/nova-2019-part-1-as-bad-and-as-good-as-it-gets/

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

masam posted:

Aw man, there was a chaplain dreadnought? And i missed it! Hopefully they remake the drat thing or someone does

With the power of the PRC Warp nothing is ever truly lost.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Are tournaments going to make marines require the right paint jobs now?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Safety Factor posted:

People play in events other than the GT :ssh:

Cowards. :colbert:

I went 1-5 in the GT and got tabled three games in a row, NoVA owns.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

JBP posted:

No.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wish I had grabbed a chaplain dread before they went OOP, that model rules

Is it totally gone or is it waiting on a mould re-do? I got one around the end of 2017 and you can really see how much detail the mould had lost by that point.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I would not expect to ever see it again.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ANAmal.net posted:

Cowards. :colbert:

I went 1-5 in the GT and got tabled three games in a row, NoVA owns.

Dang, look at this guy flashing his record around. What a big man.

I went 0-6 over the weekend and it rules.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Lord_Hambrose uses his big loser energy for good. He took it upon himself to give up 84 VP in a Titanicus game, granting Sulecrist the title of Best Traitor Princeps in that event. He got a little trophy and everything. :unsmith:

God help us all when Dark_Hambrose awakens.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JBP posted:

Only GW ones.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I'm actually kind of glad I only won the one game - the only reason I feel like a less than total chode keeping track of my 40k W/L record, let alone talking about it, is because it's so loving bad. I'm 1-22 so far, and you'll know I won a second game when I stop posting about it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ANAmal.net posted:

I'm actually kind of glad I only won the one game - the only reason I feel like a less than total chode keeping track of my 40k W/L record, let alone talking about it, is because it's so loving bad. I'm 1-22 so far, and you'll know I won a second game when I stop posting about it.

:hfive:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

eSportseXpert posted:

Is it totally gone or is it waiting on a mould re-do? I got one around the end of 2017 and you can really see how much detail the mould had lost by that point.

FW doesn't seem to be doing any box dreads anymore so i'm not hopeful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The scale correction meaning they won't make small marines any more makes total sense. Squatting the rhino, land raider and box dread would be stupid, but there are signs they're headed that way.