Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
there was a post a few hundred pages ago where a lady was having trouble with her autistic boyfriend because every time she hurt herself he'd just laugh and clap at her without helping, anyway that is basically the story of when my dad took me to a petting zoo and i got bitten by a donkey. that traumatic memory just rose in my mind again because of the petting zoo llama story, which led me to remember how every alpaca we've ever seen in a petting zoo has taken an instant dislike to my brother, and then the memories just came flooding in, of me being chewed on by a furious rear end in front of a crowd of delighted new zealanders and screaming at my father for help (the donkey wouldn't let me go) but he just stood by in hysterics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
when i finally freed myself i shrieked "WHAT SORT OF FATHER LETS HIS DAUGHTER GET BITTEN BY A DONKEY" which has since become a catchphrase in the family

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah ex-husband clubs are not a good idea. Most guys don't get divorced because they bettered themselves by choosing to be gay, so it's not going to be the hot, sweaty mess you imagine it to be. Every one of my wife's exes that I've met has been like me, but straight, so they suck and I don't want to hang out with them.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my sort of father. my sort of father lets his daughter get bitten by a donkey

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Got grounded by my father in law. Do I have to accept it?

quote:

So I’m using a throwaway because my friends know my main account. Sorry for any errors since I’m on mobile. Many will say this post is fake and I really wish it was.

So my wife and I are vacationing with her family. At dinner tonight, I had to take a phone call and I excused myself from the table. When I returned, my food was no longer at the table. I was told by my in-laws that I was to head to my room without dinner as I was being Insubordinate in interrupting dinner. I’m supposed to stay there for 24 hours. My wife tells me I should accept this to keep the peace. I don’t want to. Am I being unreasonable? Should I accept this punishment?

So They almost punished my sister in law for trying to sneak me food and have turned off the WiFi (I’m obviously skirting that with cellular data.) what should I do to end this?

EDIT: i don’t want to give away my exact age but my wife and I are in our 30s

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ad090 posted:

lmao no way

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Astounding.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I mean it seems like the way to pull out the rug would be to go get dinner elsewhere and then get a hotel room because lol that poo poo only works on children with no options.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ad090 posted:

Where on earth could this possibly occur that any of this makes sense?

Are there armed guards outside his door ready to kill him for disobeying? Otherwise just loving get up and leave.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

nankeen posted:

there was a post a few hundred pages ago where a lady was having trouble with her autistic boyfriend because every time she hurt herself he'd just laugh and clap at her without helping, anyway that is basically the story of when my dad took me to a petting zoo and i got bitten by a donkey. that traumatic memory just rose in my mind again because of the petting zoo llama story, which led me to remember how every alpaca we've ever seen in a petting zoo has taken an instant dislike to my brother, and then the memories just came flooding in, of me being chewed on by a furious rear end in front of a crowd of delighted new zealanders and screaming at my father for help (the donkey wouldn't let me go) but he just stood by in hysterics

That's actually pretty hosed up. If it had kicked you in the head would he have laughed at that too?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
how tf did I get this redtext. was it one of you guys? i have not even discussed a trans issue... in... memory?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Personally nothing you ever posted led me to believe you drew a line between the threat that women or transwomen faced from men. Both groups have reasons to be wary of heterosexual men for their equally dangerous reasons.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

pentyne posted:

Where on earth could this possibly occur that any of this makes sense?

Are there armed guards outside his door ready to kill him for disobeying? Otherwise just loving get up and leave.

These are lovely "my house my rules" parents and the reason that the wife wants him to obey and "keep the peace" is that she's been conditioned since birth to accept their bullshit

He's a spineless turd for not laughing in their faces and packing up their family off to a hotel

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I refused to listened to female friend talk about her girlfriend when she’s homophobic?

Trust me, I know how ridiculous the title sounds. Unfortunately, it’s true though. So my friend, Alex, has been dating a girl for probably 4 months now. However, in the past Alex has made a big show of how straight she is.

For example, we took a political quiz in class that was meant to tell us who we should vote for based off our views. One of the questions was “should gay marriage be legal?” Alex checked off the no box and showed me since I’m gay. I was, of course, insulted by it, but ignored her.

Alex has grown up with very conservative parents, who are highly against gay marriage. I was talking to Alex saying that now since she has a girlfriend, she has to be for gay marriage. She said no, because it’s still against the Bible (she’s highly religious). I was obviously Flabbergasted since she’s bisexual. She justified it by saying that she won’t get married to a girl so it doesn’t count. Apparently it’s okay to date them, but not marry them.

Although now I’m bothered every time she acts gay, or insists on showing pictures of cute girls. She literally showed me a picture of two gay men at their wedding and said “isn’t it cute?” I’m just upset that she doesn’t even believe in gay marriage yet thinks it’s adorable. She still sees them as sinning.

Well her girlfriend is about to go to college in a new country leading to an inevitable break up. She’s heart broken about it, and constantly complains about it. However, I’m annoyed of hearing about it, because she doesn’t even believe in gay marriage.

So WIBTA for not caring that she’s getting dumped and not wanting to hear about it? She doesn’t say anything negative about gays, but just doesn’t believe it should marriage should be legal, and still sees it as sinning. I want to tell her that I don’t want to hear about it, but she’s my best friend and I almost feel bad. I’m just annoyed.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

QuarkJets posted:

These are lovely "my house my rules" parents and the reason that the wife wants him to obey and "keep the peace" is that she's been conditioned since birth to accept their bullshit

He's a spineless turd for not laughing in their faces and packing up their family off to a hotel

I can give him some leeway on this one just from sheer bafflement. Like are you so confident you'd be able to decisively respond with anything but deep confusion when a completely unrelated man insists that he has the power to ground you, an independent adult? It probably just took him a bit to process that this was actually happening

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I refused to listened to female friend talk about her girlfriend when she’s homophobic?

Alex has grown up with very conservative parents, who are highly against gay marriage. I was talking to Alex saying that now since she has a girlfriend, she has to be for gay marriage.

Give her some time to work through her poo poo man, she's shaking off a lot of lovely upbringing that cast her entire being as being bad.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for locking my sister out of the house after she snuck out?

So this happened last night, I overheard my sister tell her friend that they were gonna go meet up with her boyfriend and do God knows what. Now she had just gotten into smoking weed and stuff like (which is illegal in my state).

So I after she left I noticed she left the house key and the door unlocked and that infuriated me because she was willing to risk the fact that someone random dude could just walk into hour house while we sleep.

So I locked the front door and the garage door. The next morning I woke up to like 10 missed calls and texts from my sister demanding me to unlock the door. So I called her back and when she picked up she started screaming at me, calling me rear end in a top hat and every other name in the book.

She said she had to sleep at her friend's house and that our mom now knows she snuck out last night. My mom grounded her for 2 weeks and my sister gives me death glares. She told her friends what I did (some of them were my friends too) and they send me angry messages calling me a dick and stuff like that.

So am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: I think I may have forgotten to add that my sister is 16

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ugh I hate the stupid teen drama poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
smdh @ kids these days if they haven't figured out how to easily pry off (or leave loose) the screen to your bedroom window and have it cracked so you can sneak out and close n open it from the outside with a small step stool and get back in with none the wiser

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Dating across the political spectrum : can left and right unite with love?

My (21F) boyfriend (21M, Asperger, useful to know so) and I have been dating for 7 monthes and so far it's been one of the most fulfilling relationship ever : he's understanding, respectful, loving, caring... he's an amazing lover, truly.

We fell in love with each other knowing we were both almost on the other end of the political spectrum, me being far left and him almost far right, after he had a near death experience that left us deeply shocked. We've met each other parents and on the human side, we're a perfect match and share similar values, goals and views about family and the way we expect to conduct our future: the problem is that recently, more questions about how I'm going to handle our political differences are multiplying. We have points of agreement, but questions related to immigration or Islam are touchy and often the object of remarks and opposition.

Since we got together he educated himself on subjects he never was interested in (LGBT and abortion) or even was reluctant of, for he never grew in such a political environment, and I've made my way towards him by taking steps to got baptized and adopt Christ (something I wanted to do for myself as well).

It never got to the point where we had a genuine argument about it and it often ends with a cordial discussion and explanation without raising the voice or hurting each other but politics are a big deal since we're both activists and political science students. Despite being an Asperger and sometimes being extremely rigid on ideas (if I'm being psychophobic or if I sound uneducated on the matter please, tell me) he sounds like willing to love me despite everything and I'm the worried one on the matter : could it work and the relationship continue nevertheless?

Efforts can definitely be done and we can educate ourselves more, but politics are taking a huge place in a couple nowadays for we live in an ultra political world.

TL;DR Dating across the political spectrum : can left and right unite with love?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mister Olympus posted:

I can give him some leeway on this one just from sheer bafflement. Like are you so confident you'd be able to decisively respond with anything but deep confusion when a completely unrelated man insists that he has the power to ground you, an independent adult? It probably just took him a bit to process that this was actually happening

Yes, I am.

In fact, I'd argue that sulking off and asking reddit what to do suggests that maybe the father in law had this guy pegged as not a real adult

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

TL;DR Dating across the political spectrum : can left and right unite with love?

No

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dating across the political spectrum : can left and right unite with love?

/r/relationships: Me (21F) and my far-right boyfriend (21M, Asperger)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

QuarkJets posted:

Yes, I am.

In fact, I'd argue that sulking off and asking reddit what to do suggests that maybe the father in law had this guy pegged as not a real adult

Well if that isn't just special for you.

Not everyone had an upbringing that allowed for confronting authority figures. I'll content myself with being drat sure I'd bail out the window and get a hotel room.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dating across multiple spectrums

My first boyfriend was a diagnosed bipolar pillar of light from the fifth dimension who chatted with me through AIM. We were both bottoms, but we made our long distance relationship across time and space work.

We just agreed that we would both be fine with having regular threesoms with interdimensional total tops whose dicks could cross through to both of our realities.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

HIJK posted:

That's actually pretty hosed up. If it had kicked you in the head would he have laughed at that too?
um...

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
he may not have laughed exactly but i can't say he wouldn't have insisted on the exact cause of death being on my gravestone

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

My first boyfriend was a diagnosed bipolar pillar of light from the fifth dimension who chatted with me through AIM. We were both bottoms, but we made our long distance relationship across time and space work.
what the gently caress he told me i was the only one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I once worked, pre-trump, on a brand that thought it would be clever and do an advertisement campaign about people of the whole political spectrum to enjoy a, what they thought, was a politically neutral activity.

Hoo-loving-boy did they learn fast that doesnt exist, isnt possible, and even mentioning politics in a vague way brings out some deep seated hatred.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mister Olympus posted:

Boomers get really serious about completely pointless dining etiquette and displays of power over food. They'd probably start throwing things if you just go out to eat.

Reminded suddenly of the time I went out to get fast food because I was lazy and my mum said it was abuse to leave the house and eat without her permission.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A different type of boomer might have been impressed by a guy taking serious phone calls after work hours. The kind that love alpha executive males and only respect the ability to earn money.

Although this phone convo stuff reminds me of my uncle’s jack-off friend who would always take social calls at the dinner table but would just sit there while everyone else was forced to talk around his solo conversation. The older generations are just garbage.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ooh I just love one where the OP is the trashmonster

quote:

AITA for not wanting my sister to borrow my dress?
u/thrwawypitalittlesis

throwaway bc she sometimes uses reddit

A little background: we are four sisters with one younger brother. I (21f) am the second-oldest, I am very close to my older sister M(22) and less close to the next sister F(19). Our youngest sister P is 18.

When we were kids, she was a real tomboy. She didn’t play with us, only with my brother J(17) and she hated “girly” things. We used to tease her by holding her down and forcibly putting make-up on her, lol, and it took 3 of us to hold her! she was a wildcat. But last year she got her braces off (really bad teeth) and finished high school and suddenly she’s all acting like a beauty queen. She wears dresses sometimes now and even bought a pair of high heels which are ridiculous, she’s never worn them before, and they make her tower over all of us. She acts like she doesn’t even notice that all the guys are staring at her, she’s super-friendly with them and talks about sport and computers and cars, you know, the whole “I’m not like other girls” thing.

You have to understand how super annoying she is. She was never popular at school, just lived in her own world and read all the time and because of that she always pronounces words wrong, like she’s only read them not heard them. I try to correct her so she won’t embarrass herself in public but she just grins like it’s funny.

Now my sister M is having a big party before she goes away overseas to study in Siena, and everyone is invited. It’s at a big hall and is catered. P asked if she could wear a dress of mine which I’d been meaning to take up bc it’s too long for me but fits her bc she’s a scarecrow. I said yes but now I don’t want to. I want to wear that dress myself one day and I frankly don’t want it to be seen as her dress. Bc there were 4 girls, all mine and M’s clothes got passed down to her and F when we were growing up, so she’s always worn my clothes and I’m kind of over it.

She hasn’t got any money, our parents give her an allowance but it’s not much tbf and has to pay for a lot of things. The rest of us get more bc we’re in college. She wanted to work as a life saver at the pool over summer but our Gramma came to stay after her operation and Mom needed P to help her at home with Gramma who is a bit of a handful. Also Mom said she would just swan around showing herself off and should be home helping out instead.

She still had the allowance though, she could have saved it and bought her own dress for M’s party. So I just told her I was wearing it, though I’ve actually bought another one, and J, our little brother, overheard me talking about it with M and now he says I’m an rear end in a top hat and that he’ll tell her if I don’t.

I don’t think I am. It’s my dress. I don’t want her ruining it. And my sisters don’t think I should let her wear it either. It’s only J who thinks that.

So am I being an rear end in a top hat or should she get her own drat clothes and stop trying to take everything from us?

EDIT: Wow, people are saying some really harsh things. It's gone beyond just the dress thing.
I don't think I've explained it all very well, it's hard to. Growing up, Paulie was always in trouble. I've been trying to think of what she did so I could explain but I can't really think of any good examples... it was more her attitude. She was always being punished and I guess I've gotten used to everything being her fault. Maybe I'm not being entirely fair. She has a right to grow up. But we've got a family dynamic that works, she's the only person it doesn't work for, and what are we supposed to do, change the whole family to suit her?
It's just that, it sounds like one thing when I'm talking to Marcy about it, she and I understand what a pain P is. But now putting it before other people without M here, it's like, everyone's sticking up for Paulie. I'm not used to that. I really don't know whether I just haven't explained it properly or whether I should have another think about who she is.

OP uh, quintuples down

quote:

Well you don;t know what it's like to have someone else wear your clothes when you're done with them. They should be sent away, I don't want to see them again. It makes us look like we're poor.

I'm not jealous!! That's ridiculous!! She's the ridiculous one bc she was all like a tomboy and now she's all like a model, why can't she just stick to her lane?

quote:

But that's not the point! It's not hers! Why should I give up my stuff for her? After she's worn it I'm going to look stupid in it, bc she's tall and thin and I'm more voluptuos and it's a kind of sheath dress, full length. I' don't want to look like a sack of potatoes just bc she looks like a goddamm supermodel. It's not fair.

quote:

But my brother's going to tell her.

People should stay in their lanes. M was always the smart on, and I had the most boyfriends and liked to dress up. P was fine when she just did her own thing but now she's gotten into a better college and is flirting and it's uncomfortable for everyone.

I just don't want to see her embarrass herself in public.

quote:

That's really mean. You don't understand, she was never like this as a kid. It's just all suddenly happened and I feel like she's just trying to take away what we have, trying to show she's smarter than Marcy and prettier than me.

You don't understand, she was the brat. Even my Mom says so. Everything would always have been easier if she wasn't around. I love her of course but there's one in every family who just doesn't try to fit in and that's why she got punished more. She would talk back, even to our father, she was always superdefensive and still is. I'll admit she got scapegoated a little bit, I realized that when I did Psych but honestly she asked for it. She couldn't just shut up and accept blame she had to fight back and defend herself. And even if our parents were a bit unfair at times it's just so much easier to go along with it. She could have just said, "okay, my bad, I'm sorry," and that would've been the end of things but instead she would have to prove why whe was being blamed wrongly. Well everyone gets blamed unfairly sometimes, you don't have to be so defencsive about it. It was like she just turned inwards and stopped respecting the family after a while and just went off and did her own thing without caring what people thought. But all this always having to stand up for herself stuff was super annoying, it drove Mom up the wall.

And now it's like she's a different person. Why can't people just be who they are? In a family you have to compromise, you have to play your role a bit, that's the only way things go smoothly.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teen witch posted:

OP uh, quintuples down

Wow, that is some grade A pants on head crazy. "We have to stick to our roles, how dare you try to grow up and be a person rather than my personal punching bag."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wow this post took the "just took psych 101" attitude and went next level where she correctly identifies her sister was abused and then blames her for not wanting to keep being abused.

Her younger brother is the only not poo poo person so far and I hope he realizes it

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 3, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for allowing two teenagers to be spit on by a llama?

Beautiful

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

teen witch posted:

OP uh, quintuples down

You did it. You found the winner in "jealous and batshit crazy sibling" posts.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I love, and by love I of course mean I loving hate, the bit about "why can't people just be who they are". Sounds like she is finally being who she is and they just can't deal with it.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

teen witch posted:

OP uh, quintuples down
this is pure poetry

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

gently caress it's like Cinderella from the evil stepsister's perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

QuarkJets posted:

/r/relationships: Me (21F) and my far-right boyfriend (21M, Asperger)